Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

http://gamershonesttruth.com/amazing-spiderman-2-game-delayed-indefinitely-for-xbox-one/

Yesterday, sources close to Activision brought to our attention The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game has been delayed indefinitely on Xbox One. This news was further substantiated by the cancelling of my pre-order at local EB Games outlet. Today it appears that official websites have also been updated removing Xbox One from the list of available platforms for this title.

The Reason for the delay is not known at this time but could it have something to do with the fact that Sony is producing The Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie?

We will keep you up to date as more information becomes available.

The release date for the xbox one version has been removed and it's currently stated for pre order only and it won't release in may

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sweenix

@sts106mat said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

who cares about this when we have batman arkham city coming?

beside amazing spiderman is better movie than original spiderman. atleast main character is better than that emo looking kid toby maguire. one of the worst actor i have ever seen.

exactly, spiderman hasn't really been good in videogames since spiderman 2 on PS2.

This movie probably blows and the game has flown under the radar the entire time, i only heard there was a game last week FFS.

Actually i just watched the movie and it was amazing.. Much better than captian america, which was an amazing movie to begin with

It also has an 8.1 Score on IMDB, so the movie doesn't blow :')

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

Irony: A person derailing a conversation about video games in order to launch into an emotional outburst about emo kids in movies everyone else has forgotten about.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sweenix

@sts106mat said:

@Sweenix said:

@sts106mat said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

beside amazing spiderman is better movie than original spiderman. atleast main character is better than that emo looking kid toby maguire. one of the worst actor i have ever seen.

exactly, spiderman hasn't really been good in videogames since spiderman 2 on PS2.

This movie probably blows and the game has flown under the radar the entire time, i only heard there was a game last week FFS.

Actually i just watched the movie and it was amazing.. Much better than captian america, which was an amazing movie to begin with

fair enough, please see my edit above.

The first movie in this reboot franchise was decent, but pointless.

I checked your edit.. And i didn't say it was specifically cancelled, i also put the word delay, because i don't know if it has been cancelled or delayed yet.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sweenix

@sts106mat said:

@kittennose said:

Irony: A person derailing a conversation about video games in order to launch into an emotional outburst about emo kids in movies everyone else has forgotten about.

no that is not irony. and i am still talking about the game.

@Sweenix

where is your source link? amazon.com also has it available.

Re-EDIT

wait, its from the official site, I apologize, looks like you are right, wonder whats happened?

Do you need to ask? sony owns the spiderman movie rights.. They obviously have a hand in this. Although i think it's not worth it, seeing as spiderman games are not system sellers.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sweenix

@sts106mat said:

found this website, not sure how credible it is of course, it seems like a blog:-

Yesterday, sources close to Activision brought to our attention The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game has been delayed indefinitely on Xbox One. This news was further substantiated by the cancelling of my pre-order at local EB Games outlet. Today it appears that official websites have also been updated removing Xbox One from the list of available platforms for this title.

The Reason for the delay is not known at this time but could it have something to do with the fact that Sony is producing The Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie?

I suppose it could be a sony move, seems a little late though if that is the case

http://gamershonesttruth.com/amazing-spiderman-2-game-delayed-indefinitely-for-xbox-one/

I'll add to OP thanks :)

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

with x1 being such a disaster activision are prob waiting for m$ to cough up some money if they want them to release this for their garbage 'console' . cant blame them, game looks amazing, clearly too good for x1

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

The massive developer shift from the Shitbox Done begins.

Time for lemming tears!

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I'm confused. Why is this movie game releasing for the 360 and not for the xbox one

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

with x1 being such a disaster activision are prob waiting for m$ to cough up some money if they want them to release this for their garbage 'console' . cant blame them, game looks amazing, clearly too good for x1

Dem standards :-P

Hasn't been a good Spider Man game in quite some time.

And considering the Wii U is still getting it, I don't think sales have anything to do with it.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

And it looks like the game is not releasing for the xbox one in canada either

http://www.ebgames.ca/xbox-one/games/the-amazing-spider-man-2-with-exclusive-bonus/318420

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@SNIPER4321: I am the complete opposite. Toby was the man. He looked like Peter Parker to me. I refuse to even watch the reboot. Was way to soon for a reboot and the original 3 will always be my favorite. 3rd one was not that good but the 1st two I liked.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@super600:

If I had to guess its cause the devs had trouble getting it working on Xbox One, it is a real a** of a system to work on. Or could be cause the Xbox One has the smallest install base of the 8th gen systems.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I hope the web swinging is similar to Spiderman 2. I played that game solely for it's web swinging. I don't see the big deal though. Movie games rarely do well and are just a quick cash-in.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
@Master_Of_Fools said:

@super600:

If I had to guess its cause the devs had trouble getting it working on Xbox One, it is a real a** of a system to work on. Or could be cause the Xbox One has the smallest install base of the 8th gen systems.

None of that is true.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Only a matter if time till xbox one turns into the next wiiU.. no 3rd party support

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

..... really?

When a multiplat is slated on time for the Wii U, but... wow.

I'm not going to read too deep into this as I know plenty of fanboys surely will, but you gotta admit this is a bit funny.

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

sony making this movie and order activision to delay xbox1 release but not xbox 360 (which is pointless)

“We want to inform you that we are revising our release plans for ASM2 on Xbox One,” a release schedule update from Activision confirmed. “When and whether ASM2 is released on Xbox One is TBD.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-release-for-amazing-spider-man-2-tbd/0131293

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#28 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

The hell could it possibly be delayed for?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

POS hardware cannot handle a Spiderman game lololol

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

When X360 can handle so can XOne.

Its Sony deal. Sony owns Spider-Man movies, clearly they paid some extra money to have Spider-Man on PS4

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Sony clawing to the very end. You will start seeing this desperate company do more backwards business in a effort to squeeze that consumer till the last day.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

So chaps, bets on the next game on the Xbone to be cancelled? Destiny would be a real blow.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#33 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Even for a game hardly anybody would care about (unless if it was something like Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man), this is pretty surprising. The Wii U version would be the first to go normally.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nintendoboy16
@sts106mat said:

found this website, not sure how credible it is of course, it seems like a blog:-

I suppose it could be a sony move, seems a little late though if that is the case

I doubt it. Considering even the Sam Raimi/Toby McGuire films also had Sony involved and the Spider-man games still appeared on XBOX and GameCube.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

@Sweenix said:

@sts106mat said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

They were good at best to me, with Captain America: The Winter Soldier beating out The Amazing Spiderman 2.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nintendoboy16

@sts106mat said:

@nintendoboy16 said:
@sts106mat said:

I doubt it. Considering even the Sam Raimi/Toby McGuire films also had Sony involved and the Spider-man games still appeared on XBOX and GameCube.

It's weird whatever the reason.

Without a doubt.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Its Sony deal. Sony owns Spider-Man movies, clearly they paid some extra money to have Spider-Man on PS4

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#40 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

A surprising turn of events. Usually it's the Wii U that gets shafted.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

There will be no "cloud" web swinging in this Spider-Man.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

LOL maybe someone would care if the spiderman games were decent ... but theyre garbage. No loss

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

gets me every time. Holy shit. Slaying.

OT: Xbone has no games.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Xboner version is no improvement over 360 version, so MS don't have the balls to release it cos of all the shit they will cop.

Xboner is a sinking ship.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Sweenix said:

@sts106mat said:

@kittennose said:

no that is not irony. and i am still talking about the game.

@Sweenix

where is your source link? amazon.com also has it available.

Re-EDIT

wait, its from the official site, I apologize, looks like you are right, wonder whats happened?

Do you need to ask? sony owns the spiderman movie rights.. They obviously have a hand in this. Although i think it's not worth it, seeing as spiderman games are not system sellers.

Then why didn't they have the 360 version cancelled?

Sony doesn't "own" the Spiderman character, they just own the film rights through Columbia pictures. Disney/Marvel own the character, and obviously Activision has the license for video-games.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

Xbox one the new Wii-U? heh heh

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

FYI, its still available on Shopto.net and amazon, so where's your link TC?

I disagree, I played a game last gen that was pretty good. Too lazy to see what the name of it is, but it was a jolly good time.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

FYI, its still available on Shopto.net and amazon, so where's your link TC?

I disagree, I played a game last gen that was pretty good. Too lazy to see what the name of it is, but it was a jolly good time.

I did play one on the 360, I am not too lazy too look LOL.

The one i played was

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Spider-Man_(2012_video_game)

It was sort of a mix of spiderman 2 meets batman arkham asylum. It got really boring, really early on and the fighting system was poor... I did not get more than half way in. It wasn't a shit game, but i stand by my comment that spider hasn't been "really good" since PS2

Bloody Hell! I finished it and got most of the alternative uniforms in the game, I hope this new game is good though.