The Amazing Spiderman 2 delayed indefinitely on Xbox One

• 82 results
#1 Edited by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

http://gamershonesttruth.com/amazing-spiderman-2-game-delayed-indefinitely-for-xbox-one/

Yesterday, sources close to Activision brought to our attention The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game has been delayed indefinitely on Xbox One. This news was further substantiated by the cancelling of my pre-order at local EB Games outlet. Today it appears that official websites have also been updated removing Xbox One from the list of available platforms for this title.

The Reason for the delay is not known at this time but could it have something to do with the fact that Sony is producing The Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie?

We will keep you up to date as more information becomes available.

The release date for the xbox one version has been removed and it's currently stated for pre order only and it won't release in may

#2 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

who cares about this when we have batman arkham city coming?

beside amazing spiderman is better movie than original spiderman. atleast main character is better than that emo looking kid toby maguire. one of the worst actor i have ever seen.

#3 Edited by sts106mat (19044 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

beside amazing spiderman is better movie than original spiderman. atleast main character is better than that emo looking kid toby maguire. one of the worst actor i have ever seen.

exactly, spiderman hasn't really been good in videogames since spiderman 2 on PS2.

FYI, its still available on Shopto.net and amazon, so where's your link TC?

This movie probably blows and the game has flown under the radar the entire time, i only heard there was a game last week FFS.

#4 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

exactly, spiderman hasn't really been good in videogames since spiderman 2 on PS2.

This movie probably blows and the game has flown under the radar the entire time, i only heard there was a game last week FFS.

Actually i just watched the movie and it was amazing.. Much better than captian america, which was an amazing movie to begin with

It also has an 8.1 Score on IMDB, so the movie doesn't blow :')

#5 Posted by sts106mat (19044 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@sts106mat said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

Actually i just watched the movie and it was amazing.. Much better than captian america, which was an amazing movie to begin with

fair enough, please see my edit above.

The first movie in this reboot franchise was decent, but pointless.

#6 Posted by KittenNose (402 posts) -

Irony: A person derailing a conversation about video games in order to launch into an emotional outburst about emo kids in movies everyone else has forgotten about.

#7 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@sts106mat said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

fair enough, please see my edit above.

The first movie in this reboot franchise was decent, but pointless.

I checked your edit.. And i didn't say it was specifically cancelled, i also put the word delay, because i don't know if it has been cancelled or delayed yet.

#8 Edited by sts106mat (19044 posts) -

@kittennose said:

Irony: A person derailing a conversation about video games in order to launch into an emotional outburst about emo kids in movies everyone else has forgotten about.

no that is not irony. and i am still talking about the game.

@Sweenix

where is your source link? amazon.com also has it available.

Re-EDIT

wait, its from the official site, I apologize, looks like you are right, wonder whats happened?

#9 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20733 posts) -

cows are jelly

#10 Posted by sts106mat (19044 posts) -

found this website, not sure how credible it is of course, it seems like a blog:-

Yesterday, sources close to Activision brought to our attention The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game has been delayed indefinitely on Xbox One. This news was further substantiated by the cancelling of my pre-order at local EB Games outlet. Today it appears that official websites have also been updated removing Xbox One from the list of available platforms for this title.

The Reason for the delay is not known at this time but could it have something to do with the fact that Sony is producing The Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie?

I suppose it could be a sony move, seems a little late though if that is the case

http://gamershonesttruth.com/amazing-spiderman-2-game-delayed-indefinitely-for-xbox-one/

#11 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

@kittennose said:

@Sweenix

Re-EDIT

wait, its from the official site, I apologize, looks like you are right, wonder whats happened?

Do you need to ask? sony owns the spiderman movie rights.. They obviously have a hand in this. Although i think it's not worth it, seeing as spiderman games are not system sellers.

#12 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

found this website, not sure how credible it is of course, it seems like a blog:-

I suppose it could be a sony move, seems a little late though if that is the case

I'll add to OP thanks :)

#13 Posted by getyeryayasout (7181 posts) -

Probably needs more 'p'.

#14 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3900 posts) -

with x1 being such a disaster activision are prob waiting for m$ to cough up some money if they want them to release this for their garbage 'console' . cant blame them, game looks amazing, clearly too good for x1

#15 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4118 posts) -

The massive developer shift from the Shitbox Done begins.

Time for lemming tears!

#16 Posted by super600 (30320 posts) -

I'm confused. Why is this movie game releasing for the 360 and not for the xbox one

#17 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4045 posts) -

with x1 being such a disaster activision are prob waiting for m$ to cough up some money if they want them to release this for their garbage 'console' . cant blame them, game looks amazing, clearly too good for x1

Dem standards :-P

Hasn't been a good Spider Man game in quite some time.

And considering the Wii U is still getting it, I don't think sales have anything to do with it.

#18 Posted by sts106mat (19044 posts) -

The massive developer shift from the Shitbox Done begins.

Time for lemming tears!

Beenox? massive ? hahaha more delusions (also on xbox 360)

#19 Posted by super600 (30320 posts) -

And it looks like the game is not releasing for the xbox one in canada either

http://www.ebgames.ca/xbox-one/games/the-amazing-spider-man-2-with-exclusive-bonus/318420

#20 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1320 posts) -

@SNIPER4321: I am the complete opposite. Toby was the man. He looked like Peter Parker to me. I refuse to even watch the reboot. Was way to soon for a reboot and the original 3 will always be my favorite. 3rd one was not that good but the 1st two I liked.

#21 Posted by sts106mat (19044 posts) -

SDC - Sony Desperation Cancellation

#22 Edited by Master_Of_Fools (1320 posts) -

@super600:

If I had to guess its cause the devs had trouble getting it working on Xbox One, it is a real a** of a system to work on. Or could be cause the Xbox One has the smallest install base of the 8th gen systems.

#23 Posted by Netret0120 (2038 posts) -

I hope the web swinging is similar to Spiderman 2. I played that game solely for it's web swinging. I don't see the big deal though. Movie games rarely do well and are just a quick cash-in.

#24 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4045 posts) -

@super600:

If I had to guess its cause the devs had trouble getting it working on Xbox One, it is a real a** of a system to work on. Or could be cause the Xbox One has the smallest install base of the 8th gen systems.

None of that is true.

#25 Posted by finalstar2007 (24967 posts) -

Only a matter if time till xbox one turns into the next wiiU.. no 3rd party support

#26 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4832 posts) -

..... really?

When a multiplat is slated on time for the Wii U, but... wow.

I'm not going to read too deep into this as I know plenty of fanboys surely will, but you gotta admit this is a bit funny.

#27 Edited by nyzma23 (918 posts) -

sony making this movie and order activision to delay xbox1 release but not xbox 360 (which is pointless)

“We want to inform you that we are revising our release plans for ASM2 on Xbox One,” a release schedule update from Activision confirmed. “When and whether ASM2 is released on Xbox One is TBD.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-release-for-amazing-spider-man-2-tbd/0131293

#28 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3485 posts) -

The hell could it possibly be delayed for?

#29 Posted by silversix_ (14083 posts) -

POS hardware cannot handle a Spiderman game lololol

#30 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2134 posts) -

When X360 can handle so can XOne.

Its Sony deal. Sony owns Spider-Man movies, clearly they paid some extra money to have Spider-Man on PS4

#31 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6162 posts) -

Sony clawing to the very end. You will start seeing this desperate company do more backwards business in a effort to squeeze that consumer till the last day.

#32 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4118 posts) -

So chaps, bets on the next game on the Xbone to be cancelled? Destiny would be a real blow.

#33 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26278 posts) -

Even for a game hardly anybody would care about (unless if it was something like Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man), this is pretty surprising. The Wii U version would be the first to go normally.

#34 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26278 posts) -

I doubt it. Considering even the Sam Raimi/Toby McGuire films also had Sony involved and the Spider-man games still appeared on XBOX and GameCube.

#35 Posted by sts106mat (19044 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

I doubt it. Considering even the Sam Raimi/Toby McGuire films also had Sony involved and the Spider-man games still appeared on XBOX and GameCube.

It's weird whatever the reason.

#36 Edited by Hexagon_777 (20034 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@sts106mat said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

They were good at best to me, with Captain America: The Winter Soldier beating out The Amazing Spiderman 2.

#37 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26278 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:
@sts106mat said:

Without a doubt.

#38 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4832 posts) -

Its Sony deal. Sony owns Spider-Man movies, clearly they paid some extra money to have Spider-Man on PS4

#39 Posted by sts106mat (19044 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@nintendoboy16 said:
@sts106mat said:

Without a doubt.

It is even weirder considering the game may well be an open world. Ubisoft said that the Xbox one version of watch dogs will have a more vibrant realistic city than the PS4 version...thanks to xboxlive compute.

so technical problems cannot seriously be the cause here.

#40 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7214 posts) -

A surprising turn of events. Usually it's the Wii U that gets shafted.

#41 Posted by kipsta77 (944 posts) -

There will be no "cloud" web swinging in this Spider-Man.

#42 Posted by RR360DD (11620 posts) -

LOL maybe someone would care if the spiderman games were decent ... but theyre garbage. No loss

#43 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

gets me every time. Holy shit. Slaying.

OT: Xbone has no games.

#44 Edited by HitmanActual (329 posts) -

Xboner version is no improvement over 360 version, so MS don't have the balls to release it cos of all the shit they will cop.

Xboner is a sinking ship.

#45 Edited by 2Chalupas (5014 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@sts106mat said:

@kittennose said:

@Sweenix

Re-EDIT

Do you need to ask? sony owns the spiderman movie rights.. They obviously have a hand in this. Although i think it's not worth it, seeing as spiderman games are not system sellers.

Then why didn't they have the 360 version cancelled?

Sony doesn't "own" the Spiderman character, they just own the film rights through Columbia pictures. Disney/Marvel own the character, and obviously Activision has the license for video-games.

#46 Edited by sts106mat (19044 posts) -

@2Chalupas said:

@Sweenix said:

@sts106mat said:

@kittennose said:

@Sweenix

Re-EDIT

Then why didn't they have the 360 version cancelled?

Sony doesn't "own" the Spiderman character, they just own the film rights through Columbia pictures. Disney/Marvel own the character, and obviously Activision has the license for video-games.

I am guessing because they aren't worried about people buying 360's anymore? we dont know, we may never know.

I reckon that If it wasn't sony's idea to make activision cancel it, we are more likely to find out what the reason is. If the reason doesn't come out, then it's likely down to Sony as they wont want the negative press that might come with such an announcement.

I can't think of another multiplat game that was cancelled on any particular format just days before release

#47 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

Xbox one the new Wii-U? heh heh

#48 Posted by Heil68 (43490 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

I disagree, I played a game last gen that was pretty good. Too lazy to see what the name of it is, but it was a jolly good time.

#49 Posted by sts106mat (19044 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

I disagree, I played a game last gen that was pretty good. Too lazy to see what the name of it is, but it was a jolly good time.

I did play one on the 360, I am not too lazy too look LOL.

The one i played was

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Spider-Man_(2012_video_game)

It was sort of a mix of spiderman 2 meets batman arkham asylum. It got really boring, really early on and the fighting system was poor... I did not get more than half way in. It wasn't a shit game, but i stand by my comment that spider hasn't been "really good" since PS2

#50 Edited by Heil68 (43490 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

I did play one on the 360, I am not too lazy too look LOL.

The one i played was

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Spider-Man_(2012_video_game)

It was sort of a mix of spiderman 2 meets batman arkham asylum. It got really boring, really early on and the fighting system was poor... I did not get more than half way in. It wasn't a shit game, but i stand by my comment that spider hasn't been "really good" since PS2

Bloody Hell! I finished it and got most of the alternative uniforms in the game, I hope this new game is good though.