The Amazing Spiderman 2 delayed indefinitely on Xbox One

• 82 results
#51 Posted by sts106mat (19042 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

who cares about this when we have batman arkham city coming?

beside amazing spiderman is better movie than original spiderman. atleast main character is better than that emo looking kid toby maguire. one of the worst actor i have ever seen.

exactly, spiderman hasn't really been good in videogames since spiderman 2 on PS2.

FYI, its still available on Shopto.net and amazon, so where's your link TC?

This movie probably blows and the game has flown under the radar the entire time, i only heard there was a game last week FFS.

I disagree, I played a game last gen that was pretty good. Too lazy to see what the name of it is, but it was a jolly good time.

I did play one on the 360, I am not too lazy too look LOL.

The one i played was

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Spider-Man_(2012_video_game)

It was sort of a mix of spiderman 2 meets batman arkham asylum. It got really boring, really early on and the fighting system was poor... I did not get more than half way in. It wasn't a shit game, but i stand by my comment that spider hasn't been "really good" since PS2

Bloody Hell! I finished it and got most of the alternative uniforms in the game, I hope this new game is good though.

As I said, it's really sort of flew in under the radar hasn't it? I am proper fussy with my games, if it doesn't hook me after an hour of play, its usually not a good sign, and i will persist for a while longer, inevitably I will give up and move onto the next thing. If I am not having fun, i just stop, the OCD need to finish/collect everything rarely effects me.

#52 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

When X360 can handle so can XOne.

Its Sony deal. Sony owns Spider-Man movies, clearly they paid some extra money to have Spider-Man on PS4

Yeah, no doubt the game is done and if there had been technical issues we would have heard about them along time ago. Thjis is Sony delaying the game on purpose, which is smart if sneaky. Honestly I'd do the same thing. Business ain't pretty in any way. There is no other explanation for this delay, lol.

#53 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

#54 Posted by kuu2 (6970 posts) -

Sneaky Sony very sneaky. MSoft did the same thing with TitanGreatness.

#55 Posted by lhughey (4223 posts) -

A Sony franchise delaying or cancelling on their biggest competitor's new system. I would have never seen that coming...

#56 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

That's pretty cool. Can you do one based on the Sony Corporate building :)

#57 Posted by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

Nice. Hopefully the xbone dies before too many more unsuspecting consumers get ripped off.

#58 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

No, they've sold it. COUNTER-ZIIIIIIIING.

#59 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

No, they've sold it. COUNTER-ZIIIIIIIING.

Hahahaha, you won this round! *shakes fist at the sky* :)

#60 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1393 posts) -

The massive developer shift from the Shitbox Done begins.

Time for lemming tears!

ps4 has no games tho.

#61 Edited by cainetao11 (16900 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

beside amazing spiderman is better movie than original spiderman. atleast main character is better than that emo looking kid toby maguire. one of the worst actor i have ever seen.

exactly, spiderman hasn't really been good in videogames since spiderman 2 on PS2.

FYI, its still available on Shopto.net and amazon, so where's your link TC?

This movie probably blows and the game has flown under the radar the entire time, i only heard there was a game last week FFS.

Wow. Gotta admit I liked the first game, and the movie. Garfield is a better Spiderman than Maguire, but Maguire was not terrible. That's like calling Michael Keaton a terrible Batman just because Bale did the role in a different toned series, justice. Maguire was what he needed to be in the original movies, and Spiderman 2 set the bar high for the fact that comic movies could actually be good movies with some substance to their story, imo. Or we could have gotten more Punisher/Daredevil level movies.

As for the possibility that Sony is holding the X1 release, well it IS their film property so I cant blame them if this is the case. Not like after Spielberg's Halo series comes out, Halo will be available on PS consoles. Spiderman is a marvel character, but Sony does own the film rights, and the game is a film licensed Spiderman product. I wish Marvel could get all their characters back under marvel studios because of things like this:Top is Quicksilver by Xmen film makers, not marvel studios; bottom is Quicksilver by Marvel studios in Age of Ultron.

#62 Posted by sts106mat (19042 posts) -

@cainetao11: I didn't mind the re-boot, i just didn't see the point of it. I enjoyed the tobey maguire ones too. Spiderman isn't a bad character, i just think this movie looks a bit naff, that said, the last marvel superhero film i watched was avengers assemble. they aren't really my cup of tea. I am definitely a batman guy

#63 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

First don't you mean Arkham Knight?

Secondly Tobey was Emo for one scene in the worst movie of the trilogy. For the first and second movie he was pretty much exactly what Peter Parker should have been. Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker is horrendous to watch

#64 Posted by cainetao11 (16900 posts) -

@cainetao11: I didn't mind the re-boot, i just didn't see the point of it. I enjoyed the tobey maguire ones too. Spiderman isn't a bad character, i just think this movie looks a bit naff, that said, the last marvel superhero film i watched was avengers assemble. they aren't really my cup of tea. I am definitely a batman guy

I can understand that dude. I have been a comic reader/collector for 3 decades and I love both, but Batman is my favorite. No super powers badass is just compelling to me. Guess that's why I loved Daredevil in comics. Aside from heightened four senses, he was their Batman. A superb martial artist fighting crime. Too bad the movie was kaka. I am not as sold on what I've seen of this Spiderman sequel, but I know me, I will go see it. The game, which as I said, I liked the first, could be fun, imo, but not anywhere near top of my buy/play list.

#65 Posted by -Damien- (5288 posts) -

damn, looks like things are getting worse for Xbone

TLHBO

#66 Posted by regnaston (235 posts) -

The game cancellation aside (wouldn't have bought it anyways)

Does anyone else think that the special effects in this movie look stupid? Electro just looks stupid (from the trailers I have seen)

#67 Posted by nyzma23 (918 posts) -

@nyzma23 said:

sony making this movie and order activision to delay xbox1 release but not xbox 360 (which is pointless)

“We want to inform you that we are revising our release plans for ASM2 on Xbox One,” a release schedule update from Activision confirmed. “When and whether ASM2 is released on Xbox One is TBD.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-release-for-amazing-spider-man-2-tbd/0131293

lool like no one read my post its coming from activision

#68 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

First one was interesting. Why would it get delayed? Pretty sure it cant be hardware related since its getting released on just about every system(even weaker ones).

#69 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26278 posts) -

@lhughey said:

A Sony franchise delaying or cancelling on their biggest competitor's new system. I would have never seen that coming...

Once again, it's not a Sony thing. If it was, there wouldn't be Spider-Man games on the GameCube, XBOX, 360, and Wii.

#70 Posted by HadOne2Many (1255 posts) -

Maybe Microsoft saw it and decided the XB1 version wasn't close enough to the PS4 version in performance and told them to fix it or don't put it out on their console? Pure speculation of course.

#71 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1320 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet:

Don't be delusional. PS4 has 7 million, Wii U has 6 million, Xbox One has maybe 5 million. And as a developer who has worked on the Xbox One as well the other two 8th generation consoles I know my stuff. Xbox One is a bloody nightmare. There is a reason no game other then Forza is 1080p and 60fps on it. The console having 3 operating really makes it annoying to work with.

#73 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4045 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet:

Don't be delusional. PS4 has 7 million, Wii U has 6 million, Xbox One has maybe 5 million. And as a developer who has worked on the Xbox One as well the other two 8th generation consoles I know my stuff. Xbox One is a bloody nightmare. There is a reason no game other then Forza is 1080p and 60fps on it. The console having 3 operating really makes it annoying to work with.

'A bloody nightmare' was the NES. 'A bloody nightmare' was the PS2 and 3. I doubt the X1 is anywhere near as bad as those. I didn't say it was easy, but on a scale of hell (the three I mentioned) to just being difficult, I'm guessing it's the latter.

#74 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13453 posts) -
#75 Edited by El_Zo1212o (6007 posts) -

Well, it's still going to be on 3DS, so I'm good. If the web slinging is still on rails, it will never top Spiderman 2. Swinging around town having to balance things like speed, trajectory, and anchor point(ie: the length of your webline) is what made Spiderman 2 so great in the first place.

#76 Posted by santoron (7692 posts) -

Odd, but it's not gonna be a Sony decision. IF they could it would have happened before development started, not days before launch. Still odd though. Hopefully we get an explanation in time. Can't imagine too many XB1ers aregonna get too choked up about this though.

#77 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1927 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

When X360 can handle so can XOne.

Its Sony deal. Sony owns Spider-Man movies, clearly they paid some extra money to have Spider-Man on PS4

gets me every time. Holy shit. Slaying.

OT: Xbone has no games.

who is this in signature smiling.

#78 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

There trying to get it to run above 720p.

The parity backlash could hinder sales.

#79 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6007 posts) -

@HadOne2Many: this seems most likely considering it's still coming out on 360.

#80 Posted by Shewgenja (8469 posts) -

Hilarious!

#81 Edited by foxhound_fox (87725 posts) -

Oh... no?

A rushed movie tie-in game gets canceled (read: "delayed indefinitely") and nobody but a bunch of third graders care.

#82 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9515 posts) -

who cares about a shitty Spiderman game...........

#83 Posted by tymeservesfate (1603 posts) -

payback for Titanfall...petty Sony, petty.

#84 Posted by cainetao11 (16900 posts) -

@super600: Figure Activision wants to at least get the potential sales from an 80 million user base that 360 has. Hypothetically, Sony says no X1, but we know you want some of the potential to sell more, so 360 ok.