System Wars Lounge V.68 Blame it on Chaz Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

We're going to be so disappointed, you and I

My biggest disappointment was no release date for DQ7 yet. But we did get one for (the finally officially named) Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

SNES VC support for N3DS is also a huge plus for me.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#252 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@mmmwksil said:
@charizard1605 said:

My biggest disappointment was no release date for DQ7 yet. But we did get one for (the finally officially named) Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Tokyo Mirage Session #FE is going to bomb hard, I don't even know why they are making it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#253 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Damn, Pokemon Black is really good. Really, really good.

I thought everyone hated Pokemon Black and White AND B/W2.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 mmmwksil

@FireEmblem_Man: last I heard, it did bomb in Japan.

Do not care, personally. I will buy it, I will play it, and I will enjoy it. Everyone and their mother seems to be against the game after the perceived "betrayal" when the game turned to what it is from the teaser announcement a few years back.

But for me, it's another in-house creation from Atlus. And to date, Atlus haven't done wrong in my book. Like Artepiazza/Level-5/Enix with the Dragon Quest series. So I will support it first, critique it after.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@mmmwksil said:
@charizard1605 said:

Tokyo Mirage Session #FE is going to bomb hard, I don't even know why they are making it.

Seriously, what kind of title is that? I mean I guess it isn't false advertising anymore, but it sounds like some Twitter monstrosity. I kind of want to try the game out of pure and cruel curiosity.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

Alright Direct, I guess. Star Fox Zero still being released April despite rumors is cool. Kinda like Star Fox Guard for trying to be a different take on the tower defense genre.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

My guess: They already funded the localization. Three-quarters of the way through, they see it bomb in Japan and are like "****, the Hell do we do?" to which corporate answers "Salvage this. No use letting this go to waste. We'll play up the fact that it's devved by Atlus or something and do what we can to make sure it sells as best it can here".

Personal hype begins and ends with "It's more SMT than Persona" based on JP impressions. Also Eleonora. Half the references to the Japanese entertainment industry'll likely fly over my head. Premise remains turn-off because of that.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#257  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@Technoweirdo said:

Alright Direct, I guess. Star Fox Zero still being released April despite rumors is cool. Kinda like Star Fox Guard for trying to be a different take on the tower defense genre.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

My guess: They already funded the localization. Three-quarters of the way through, they see it bomb in Japan and are like "****, the Hell do we do?" to which corporate answers "Salvage this. No use letting this go to waste. We'll play up the fact that it's devved by Atlus or something and do what we can to make sure it sells as best it can here".

Personal hype begins and ends with "It's more SMT than Persona" based on JP impressions. Also Eleonora. Half the references to the Japanese entertainment industry'll likely fly over my head. Premise remains turn-off because of that.

The game sure doesn't look anything like SMT, it looks more High School focus like Persona which is why I made the comparison and also J-Pop music? That's just shoving their culture down my throat. I guess it's not my type of game, but it's okay for those that enjoy J-Pop.....

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#258 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@PikminWorld said:
@charizard1605 said:

???

They were the closest things to reboots the franchise has had, and yeah, some of the designs in particular didn't go over great with everyone, but they were pretty well received as far as I know.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Pokemon black is dope. Best starters in a while. Sir Oinksalot>>>>>>>

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#260 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Technoweirdo said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

The game sure doesn't look anything like SMT, it looks more High School focus like Persona which is why I made the comparison and also J-Pop music? That's just shoving their culture down my throat. I guess it's not my type of game, but it's okay for those that enjoy J-Pop.....

Once again, Persona looks nothing like whatever the hell this game is. Stop with your ignorant nonsense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

@Blabadon said:
@PikminWorld said:
@charizard1605 said:

???

They were the closest things to reboots the franchise has had, and yeah, some of the designs in particular didn't go over great with everyone, but they were pretty well received as far as I know.

Nothing personal against it, but some places I've been they seemed fervent in their hate for the BW series. I guess I'm misconstruing the size of "hate" for it probably. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@PikminWorld said:
@Blabadon said:
@PikminWorld said:
@charizard1605 said:

???

Nothing personal against it, but some places I've been they seemed fervent in their hate for the BW series. I guess I'm misconstruing the size of "hate" for it probably. :P

It's more divisive than other games in the series except for Ruby and Sapphire, because like Ruby and Sapphire, it tried to make a clean break.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Blabadon

@PikminWorld said:
@Blabadon said:
@PikminWorld said:
@charizard1605 said:

???

The Pokemon fanbase is generally one of the shittier ones, the longer a franchise is, the more its fanbase sucks.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By Blabadon

@charizard1605 said:
@PikminWorld said:
@Blabadon said:
@PikminWorld said:

???

It's more divisive than other games in the series except for Ruby and Sapphire, because like Ruby and Sapphire, it tried to make a clean break.

Every game after Gold, Silver, and Crystal has been "divisive," the fan base started growing up then.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

@charizard1605 said:
@PikminWorld said:
@Blabadon said:
@PikminWorld said:
@charizard1605 said:

???

Pokemon White was legitimately my first real Pokemon game, so I loved it. Never got to beat it though because I somehow lost it lol... Sad sad day. :,,,,,[

I dunno why some fans get so mad about each new one, X/Y felt fresh to me even if it was fundamentally the same besides the graphics style. Like for real, the new gens are fine, no need for constant nostalgia.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 naughtyottsel
Member since 2016 • 1801 Posts

Hyrule Warriors Legends is a damn good port.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

@Blabadon said:

The Pokemon fanbase is generally one of the shittier ones, the longer a franchise is, the more its fanbase sucks.

True, true. Can't argue that. It's a shame that longstanding series have some pretty crazy/annoying people in it. Of course, not all are like that, but they are quite vocal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Blabadon said:
@charizard1605 said:
@PikminWorld said:
@Blabadon said:
@PikminWorld said:

???

Every game after Gold, Silver, and Crystal has been "divisive," the fan base started growing up then.

The remakes (at least the first two ones) and Emerald were pretty well received, were they not?

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 mmmwksil

So with all the info properly digested:

• Hyrule Warriors Legends, since the original was an absolute blast I don't mind a double dip.
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions in the Summer, glad to finally get to play this one.
  • DQ7 is still up in the air, but it can't possibly take that much longer to translate, can it?
  • MH Generations is on! @Technoweirdo let bygones be bygones and let's team up again this Summer to hunt beasties!

Really the lack of a date for DQ7 really got to me, since it also means DQ8 will be pushed back as a result.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Suppose I should check impressions again. Was probably referring to combat and dungeons, both of which are...not good in Persona (and happen to be a significant chunk of the game). Outside? MUCH less high school stuff, more focus on entertainment industry as a whole.

On a totally unrelated note, I'm suddenly reminded TWEWY 2 still doesn't exist and that I like TWEWY's OST more than either Persona's. It was, like, half the star of that game. I should go listen to #FE's...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
@mmmwksil said:

So with all the info properly digested:

• Hyrule Warriors Legends, since the original was an absolute blast I don't mind a double dip.
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions in the Summer, glad to finally get to play this one.
  • DQ7 is still up in the air, but it can't possibly take that much longer to translate, can it?
  • MH Generations is on! @Technoweirdo let bygones be bygones and let's team up again this Summer to hunt beasties!

Really the lack of a date for DQ7 really got to me, since it also means DQ8 will be pushed back as a result.

I'll get to you when I figure out this custom firmware stuff so I can actually go online with my 3DS again! >.>
Alternatively, when I get a Japanese 3DS!

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 mmmwksil
@Technoweirdo said:

I'll get to you when I figure out this custom firmware stuff so I can actually go online with my 3DS again! >.>

Alternatively, when I get a Japanese 3DS!

Or just buy a New (small) 3DS like you said you would prior to its official announcement?

I did. Dumped the MH4U edition for it. Best decision ever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
@mmmwksil said:

Or just buy a New (small) 3DS like you said you would prior to its official announcement?

I did. Dumped the MH4U edition for it. Best decision ever.

Incidentally, I have faceplates without an N3DS to use them with. N3DS to go with it is on the list of things to get.

On a related note, I thought you preferred the bigger screens of the N3DS XL? :p

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 mmmwksil
@Technoweirdo said:

Incidentally, I have faceplates without an N3DS to use them with. N3DS to go with it is on the list of things to get.

On a related note, I thought you preferred the bigger screens of the N3DS XL? :p

And I told you the colorful buttons on the smaller model trumped the larger screens any day. And on top of all that, I did say I would get it Day One if they released it stateside.

"I'm a man of my word." -The Joker played by Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
@mmmwksil said:

And I told you the colorful buttons on the smaller model trumped the larger screens any day. And on top of all that, I did say I would get it Day One if they released it stateside.

"I'm a man of my word." -The Joker played by Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight

Maybe, but I remember you jumping on the XL train anyway and definitely remember a surprising amount of pressure from you insisting I do the same. It's a little funny when Nintendo decided to bring out the standard N3DS anyway.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 mmmwksil

@Technoweirdo: I do not deny that pressure. But now that the small is available... why haven't you jumped on it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By deactivated-586249e1b64ba
@mmmwksil said:

I do not deny that pressure. But now that the small is available... why haven't you jumped on it?

Because I chose to Smash (and Splat)!
And by that I mean I jumped on the Wii U, draining my N3DS funds. orz

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#278 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Only a few minutes until Zootopia. My body is ready.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By mmmwksil

@Zassimick: I'll be catching that one on Saturday. Heard great things, so I'm hyped.

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

I kinda wish I got the smaller 3DS over my XL. I don't play it enough to justify any new 3DS though. Was that system ever worth it? I'm out of the loop.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

DSP, you know that topic was going places lol.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#282 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Sailing on Conan's dick

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

@lostrib said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

Sailing on Conan's dick

You just gave me a great Photoshop idea, but looking at dicks and being banned isn't on todays agenda.

Also, DSS*, sorry bro lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#284 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@lostrib said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

Sailing on Conan's dick

You just gave me a great Photoshop idea, but looking at dicks and being banned isn't on todays agenda.

Also, DSS*, sorry bro lol.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#285  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

@Technoweirdo said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

On a totally unrelated note, I'm suddenly reminded TWEWY 2 still doesn't exist and that I like TWEWY's OST more than either Persona's. It was, like, half the star of that game.

Sorry but nup:

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Things Techno never knew was missing from his childhood +1

TWEWY's OST's still great, but dayum, I don't think it holds a candle to that.
Now, to #FE on the other hand...Admittedly, I can't find much of it outside of the vocal setpiece tracks, but what I've heard so far isn't anywhere near that. :( Maybe because it doesn't try to be like that, but a missed opportunity, I say.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#287 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

Chaz's boys stay showing off nonsense. They haven't released a good game since Super Mario Maler broseph, explain that.

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

Got my hands on The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Pokemon Black

RIP weekend

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#289 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

@charizard1605: Still haven't played that one yet. My brother gave it to me.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 zassimick  Moderator

@mmmwksil said:

@Zassimick: I'll be catching that one on Saturday. Heard great things, so I'm hyped.

It was damn good. Highly recommended! Speaking purely from hype of the movie, I loved it enough that it could be a favorite Disney film of mine.

That said, I had previous hype because ever since I read the Redwall series I've loved stories with anthropomorphic animals (no, not furries or weird stuff or whatever)

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 naughtyottsel

@Zassimick said:
@mmmwksil said:

It was damn good. Highly recommended! Speaking purely from hype of the movie, I loved it enough that it could be a favorite Disney film of mine.

That said, I had previous hype because ever since I read the Redwall series I've loved stories with anthropomorphic animals (no, not furries or weird stuff or whatever)

SPOIL NOTHING!!!!!

I really wanna see Zootopia and I need to wait till the end of the damn month -_-

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By naughtyottsel

TWILIGHT PRINCESS 9.0 EDITION TODAY!!!!!!

Bravely Second is on hold from today till Monday, marathoning that beast.

EDIT: Guess not, doctor told me I won't be discharged until after my lung transfer....they're actually doing their job this time?!

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Someone please tell me I didn't just see Sticker Star 2.0 and this is some kind of poor attempt at humor by Nintendo. I just wanted another proper Mario RPG.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

Someone please tell me I didn't just see Sticker Star 2.0 and this is some kind of poor attempt at humor by Nintendo. I just wanted another proper Mario RPG.

They made one. It's called Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Got my galaxy s7 today. My HTC M8 was a little shabby plus it came with a free gear VR, 6 games and a year of Netflix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@jg4xchamp said:

Chaz's boys stay showing off nonsense. They haven't released a good game since Super Mario Maler broseph, explain that.

They released Fire Emblem and Xenoblade. Late localizations, though, so yeah, you got a point.

I got nothing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@beardmad said:

Got my hands on The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Pokemon Black

RIP weekend

God dayum, those are two good games. ALBW is, especially, the greatest Zelda since LttP. Enjoy yourself.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

They made one. It's called Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam

Haven't gotten around to playing it or even Dream Team plus the reviews seemed to be on the meh side. Just from looking at it, Paper Jam doesn't look nearly unique enough in story or setting. I want something similar to the first two or hell even the third, and be on Wii-U. The small screen of the 3DS is growing tiresome but I don't know if I want to grab a n3ds XL yet.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 zassimick  Moderator
@naughtyottsel said:

SPOIL NOTHING!!!!! I really wanna see Zootopia and I need to wait till the end of the damn month -_-

I would never spoil! Never!

That spoiler block just excused the notion of me being a furry as the reason why I like stories with anthropomorphic animals. :P

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 Blabadon

@mems_1224: I'm jealous, I love my S6 edge but that larger battery and waterproofing tempt me.