System Wars Lounge V63: 2spooky4me edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

I made the right decision when I didn't but Witcher 3 day one. The latest patch is 15GB among many previous fixes. Now when I get the GOTY edition which will be two discs me thinks, I'll play the version they wanted to release not the version they currently have. Props to them for taking the time to fix their mistakes while other developers walk away months after game sells well for them.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#102 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

I just got the Warner Bros. version of the Peanuts Holiday Collection. Halloween has a different bonus animation than the previous version, but interestingly enough, you can watch all three specials in Japanese dubs

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#103  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@a-new-guardian said:

@Bigboi500: and it's six hours only lol. Granted plat games have great and fun rewarding combat systems but this game souls be 40$ max.

At least 30$ for psn and 40 or 50 for retail. But Activision.

It is 50 dollars for retail : /

But sure it's about 10 bucks too much, but the whole "Platinum Games are short"...yeah if you are a one and done type gamer, they aren't always good for you. But their games have the combat depth and systems in place that make their games actually replayable.

And not in a "I liked The Last of Us enough to play it 3 times" sort of way, more so in that they actually handle difficulty settings well with some proper variation, because western devs couldn't do that, the combat you never really get the hang of completely until the 2nd playthrough anyway, and if you're into it, yeah a proper scoring system.

@illmatic87 said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Are they charging $60 for that Transformers game?

How dare you poop on the Platinum Games circlejerk.

Right? Questioning the last bastion of fun in video games.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#104 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@a-new-guardian said:

@Bigboi500: and it's six hours only lol. Granted plat games have great and fun rewarding combat systems but this game souls be 40$ max.

At least 30$ for psn and 40 or 50 for retail. But Activision.

Yes it's extremely over priced for what it offers. Despite the plat brand combat, reviewers still say it's quite basic with limited moves, it re-uses areas too often, is over too quick, doesn't look good (even if by design), and has limited to no re-play value according to GT.

Should be $20 max.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 jg4xchamp

Gametrailers the website that gassed up Dragon Age 2 and said the fanbase was the issue and that the game was great.

Yep.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By A-new-Guardian

Funny thing is the game is like a downgraded bayonetta or any of their action games or the better term would be a lesser challenge game and gameplay variety than their usual work. It has witch time too lol. Great art style and smooth 60 fps though.

Also some bad news too. Until dawn did so good in sales that they are planning a sequel or a new game next. this will only make Yoshida look at these type of games and think yeah people want this type of game so we'll make more and green light them and you'll see more ps4 exclusives focus on this type of games which I dislike. It's good for a playthrough or two but it does not have any real gameplay or challenge. It plays itself for you which is not gaming. So yeah disappointed but good for the developers who worked hard on this. It's not like much thought went into the gameplay when all the budget was for the graphics and voice actors lol.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 jg4xchamp

@a-new-guardian said:

Also some bad news too. Until dawn did so good in sales that they are planning a sequel or a new game next. this will only make Yoshida look at these type of games and think yeah people want this type of game so we'll make more and green light them and you'll see more ps4 exclusives focus on this type of games which I dislike. It's good for a playthrough or two but it does not have any real gameplay or challenge. It plays itself for you which is not gaming. So yeah disappointed but good for the developers who worked hard on this. It's not like much thought went into the gameplay when all the budget was for the graphics and voice actors lol.

Why is it a bad thing if people will pony up, and more importantly like it?

I'm not big on a lot of games, but it doesn't effect me that they get made. Should be similar here.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Yeah Platinum's games have great replay value, but if they make a 4-6 hour game that's still short as **** and limits the times you actually want to play through it before you get bored. That's how long Vanquish was iirc (wasn't a big fan of that game tbh). The Transformers game looks short and simple, but Wonderful 101 is like 20 hours long and it's really deep. The Transformers game looks like it should be $15 max, it's definitely Korra status.

Still i'd rather play it than another lame god of war game, and if this money helps keep Platinum going than they can make as many of these games as they need.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

The 360 is ten next month.

****, I feel old right now.

abboudrashid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 abboudrashid
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

I was really bored yesterday so I decided to go buy games. Was going to buy both MGS V and Super Mario Maker but found that I'm fairly busy lately so I could only have time for one. Decided to buy Super Mario Maker since MGS V will hopefully drop in price by the holidays or something.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

They weren't kidding about the witcher 3 patch, 17gb.

Also trying to decide whether to get Divinity OS or Wasteland 2 both release at the end of the month on PS4.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Started playing meat boy on vita and holy shit, what did they do to the soundtrack? This sucks so far and not nearly as good as the 360 version. Makes me not want to play

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#113 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@a-new-guardian said:

I made the right decision when I didn't but Witcher 3 day one. The latest patch is 15GB among many previous fixes. Now when I get the GOTY edition which will be two discs me thinks, I'll play the version they wanted to release not the version they currently have. Props to them for taking the time to fix their mistakes while other developers walk away months after game sells well for them.

Honestly there was nothing unplayable about the Witcher 3 on launch day, it worked just fine.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 jg4xchamp

@mems_1224 said:

Started playing meat boy on vita and holy shit, what did they do to the soundtrack? This sucks so far and not nearly as good as the 360 version. Makes me not want to play

Why in blue hell would you not just play it on the PC or 360 at this point? That game is and was fantastic, and back then the soundtrack wasn't shit.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 mems_1224

@jg4xchamp: well, I played a bit in 360 but never beat it. I think I just hit a wall. Started playing the vita version because I'm at work and bored.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@a-new-guardian said:

Honestly there was nothing unplayable about the Witcher 3 on launch day, it worked just fine.

There was a quest glitch in the first area if you do it in the wrong order the quest would stay in your log even after getting the items. Now there is a major bug in Skellige's most wanted making the quest unbeatable and has not been addressed in patch 1.10. Patch 1.10 is also causing the game to crash when it auto saves.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#117  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58968 Posts

Selling used wii's on amazon for £400

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 A-new-Guardian

@jg4xchamp: oh I don't mind that they are made. I just don't want Yoshida to think that ps4 owners want this type of game. If until dawn played like silent hill or other first person horror game I would love it even more but as it is right now gameplay wise it's mediocre and it plays itself most of the time which I dislike.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 A-new-Guardian

@mems_1224: played it on ps4 and I heard there are licesing issues or something. Never played the original release but damn is the game so fun and challenging in a good not frustrating way.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#120 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

On the Transformers thing. I've stopped caring about what a game is priced when it launches, simply because games depriciate in value over time and personally, I barely buy games on day 1. It's more disappointing that the game is 4-6 hours long, but I care more about how good those 4-6 hours are.

I know it's easy to get mad on pure principle because Activisionwowripoffcorporateexploit!11!!. If you want to play the game, it's not exactly hard being smart aobut it and waiting till it hits the price that you feel that the game is worth.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 illmatic87

@charizard1605 said:
@a-new-guardian said:

I mean, it's perfectly playable otherwise it would have gotten panned.

But all the updates just makes the experience better on different levels with fixes, tweaks and QoL features. I got Witcher 2 on day 1 and played it without the enhanced edition updates and feel bummed about it despite loving that game, since my experience could have been so much better.

Still held off on The Witcher 3 for that reason and cant want to play it once I eventually get the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
@a-new-guardian said:

Piggybacking off champ's post about how this doesn't affect you, unless Sony's suddenly been taken over by Konami, one of the people calling the shots is gonna go "Hey, maybe this game only sold to 10% of our userbase because the other 90% aren't interested. Maybe catering to the other 90%, even if they're split across 50 different groups and won't make as great margins as pachinko machines, is better than so greatly focusing on the 10% to the point of saturation."

Basically, demanding your teams build a diverse library of games is not a bad thing. You might not realize it, but you're still generally getting games from all your favorites at a normal rate barring Square, Konami, and whatever part of Capcom's responsible for Mega Man -- and that's on top of everything else they throw out to the 99% you're not a part of. It's not like companies aren't capable of expanding to meet demand.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 A-new-Guardian

@Technoweirdo: I'm just saying that I would enjoy this game a lot more if it had similar gameplay to other horror games. Don't get me wrong, I love narrative based games but this one in particular Had potential to be something greater had it focused on gameplay similar to say amnesia and silent hill.

Sony has been making more of these type of games, no? I'd rather see the talent be used properly with actual game mechanics in place and some terrifying encounters that play differently instead of the same cut scene repeating themselves. The tension is gone.

Can I have my narrative based games with fun gameplay? Not too much to ask huh?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#125 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
@a-new-guardian said:

I'm just saying that I would enjoy this game a lot more if it had similar gameplay to other horror games. Don't get me wrong, I love narrative based games but this one in particular Had potential to be something greater had it focused on gameplay similar to say amnesia and silent hill.

Sony has been making more of these type of games, no? I'd rather see the talent be used properly with actual game mechanics in place and some terrifying encounters that play differently instead of the same cut scene repeating themselves. The tension is gone.

Can I have my narrative based games with fun gameplay? Not too much to ask huh?

I get the crazy feeling you just want more Silent Hill when, from what I know, it's not trying to be Silent Hill; It's trying to be a campy-ass interactive movie starring a bunch of stupid teenagers that can't fight the big bad because fighting goes completely against what it's trying to be, nor can they sneak around because them fucking teenagers ain't Snake. Most people ain't Snake for that matter and it really shows when they play stealth games. Might have fun nailing it after many tries, but trial-and-error isn't exactly fun for the people Until Dawn targets nor does it mesh with the slasher-fic vibe where we want people to die and stay dead. Sure, we could still have permadeath, but I'd expect things to be over pretty damn quick. We'd then have people blaming the controls, complaining about not seeing the whole narrative because the game's too hard (I really do think people over-estimate how good they are at stealth games), and so on.

Whether or not Until Dawn is successful in what it wants to do, I wouldn't personally know (Guess what I've been playing for the past month?), but asking for it to "be a game" is very much a big ask. You should be asking for a different product instead. Or you can look at other devs' works and see they already made games catering towards you because the market is big enough to accommodate more than just 'hardcore' gamers.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By illmatic87

Battlefront 3 is poop.

There's plenty hackers on PC already that people cant get rid of because people can just make new accounts to play the free Beta. Why dont they use HWID bans (al la Planetside 2). Idiots.

Edit: The sound designers deserve to get a raise and immediately laid, though.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By A-new-Guardian

@Technoweirdo: oh I am very much aware who the game is targeting which sucks because as I said the setting and the graphics are too great and backed by gameplay like silent hill or even Siren. It would have been amazing. That potential.

I have accepted what and who it is targeting the moment I got into the game and started enjoying the events occurring.

I'm not saying it should be changed for me. I'm just giving an opinion on what it could have been. I'm also not calling myself a hardcore gamer because I do take a break from the "hardcore" games and relax a bit and enjoy some narrative based games.

MGSV is too easy for an MGS game too. I found the previous games like MGS4 and 3 more difficult. You just finish a mission once and then repeat it until you find the best way to finish it and possibly speed run it. I myself have been surprised by how easy it is compared to other MGS games. Stealth games are usually trial and error.

I like when a game forces you to change your ways and not just follow a scripted linear path and do exactly like the game tells you. It gives variety and keeps the experience fresh. :P

I know my recent posts about until dawn may come off as whiny or maybe even condescending like "I'm a hardcore gamer, I don't accept this casual experience "

If so, sorry guys.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#129 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

Here's more Fatal Frame footage

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#130 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58968 Posts

Shaping up to be the best season of Doctor Who the way things are going.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Playing Fallout 3 again, damn it's pretty boring. Fallout 4 better have more than just a new coat of paint.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 jg4xchamp

@illmatic87 said:

I mean, it's perfectly playable otherwise it would have gotten panned.

By video game "critics"? get real.

This better not be "it's playable if it functions" stances either.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 jg4xchamp

@Chozofication said:

Playing Fallout 3 again, damn it's pretty boring. Fallout 4 better have more than just a new coat of paint.

It said Bethesda, right on the box.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#134 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Finished Uncharted 1 and got fairly far into 2. Just reached the temple after the helicopter fight. I can see why people like 2 better than 1 just from what I've played. It got better pacing, a better story so far and better set pieces. Not sure if I really like the series so far though, as I have my reservations. They are definitely good games at least.

As for Uncharted 1... that game has some issues overall. Still a fun game, but it got super repetitive until the end where it seems they figured out that it's repetitive and threw in monsters just for the hell of it. They came pretty late into the game, and fighting them was basically like going through horde mode. I honestly found it a nice change of pace myself, but they should have introduced them way before they did, and maybe made scenarios for them that don't devolve into giant horde fights.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#135 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

@abboudrashid: Yo what is this?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#136  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

this thread needs more skeletal people.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: Agreed

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 mems_1224

@jg4xchamp said:
@Chozofication said:

Thats how you know its one of the best games of all time.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

I finally got a Wii U power cord, after losing mine several months ago.

Now, what to play: Mario Kart 8 or Splatoon?

Been several months now since I played splatoon, so I probably suck at it now. And as anyone who plays Dwarf Fortress would tell you, losing is fun.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#141 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@Chozofication said:

You're thinking of New Vegas. They're talking Fallout 3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@jg4xchamp said:
@Chozofication said:

If only I could tell my 2009 self that :P

Well, time to play s'more New Vegas.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 mems_1224

@speedfreak48t5p: nah, stuff with Bugsidian on the box is guaranteed broken garbage

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@getyeryayasout: It's weird seeing my defense do pretty well, but again they did play the Rams...but again they did give up a crap load of rushing yards as usual...

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#145 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Chozofication said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@Chozofication said:

If only I could tell my 2009 self that :P

Well, time to play s'more New Vegas.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@getyeryayasout: NFC has so many possible teams going to the SB like the Packers, Hawks, Cards (honestly they scare me this year) and I have no idea where the Falcons are getting their juice from. While the AFC is....well Bengals, Donkeys/Broncos and the Pats.

I'm thinking Cards vs Pats, I admit anyone with a decent running game will stomp my team (seriously screw the hawks the last two years lol)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 jg4xchamp

@mems_1224 said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@Chozofication said:

>one of the best video games of all time
>the playing it part sucks

You are responsible for the death of fun in video games.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 mems_1224

@jg4xchamp: playing part is fine. Skyrim has the best bow in gaming. Plays better than Dark Souls or Witcher 3

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Bethesda>Platinum and From Software. Them's the facts.