Stop making a excuses and just admit the PS4 is better.

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

Using your logic you need to admit that the XBox was better than the PS2

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Other than better hardware I can't think of anything that makes ps4 better. Even the better hardware won't make that huge of of difference to gameplay. That said I am getting a ps4. Xbox one For sure has better games out of the gate. I pretty much only buying multiplats at launch other than maybe killzone. After launch I only see infamous and the order coming up next year.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Fine.

I will stop making a excuses.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

People have opinions in this world.

I prefer Xbox One, you guys like PS4. That's fine.

But why ask me to admit something that I do not know as true? Why can none of you fanboys just accept that there are certain people on this earth who are capable of looking at information and making a decision based on what they think is best. Get over the fact that your PS4 is the best console, its just another choice of product.

No, if you look only at the FACTS that we know now.

PS4 is by far the best choice.

PS4:

Cheaper

Stronger

Xbone:

Kinect

And we can't say anything about the games because we don't have any reviews yet.

So based on facts, PS4 wins.

/thread

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Suppaman100

@mems_1224 said:

better at what? as an overall entertainment device? nope. does it have a better lineup of games? nope. better hardware? sure, but not enough to make much of a difference.

LOL strong denial from a lemming who won't even buy an Xbone.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 AutoPilotOn

@Suppaman100: I don't get how those facts make the ps4 better. At this point I prefer the Xbox one but I am getting a ps4 instead for hope of the future and I already have a vita for remote play

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@TellDaddy said:

This is coming from someone who was very pro Xbox in the last two gens but this time around it's very obvious that when it comes to gaming the PS4 is undoubtedly the more powerful and easier to develop for console. They fixed their crappy controller, they focused on making a console that is first and foremost about the games and they clearly have a pretty decent size advantage when it comes to raw horsepower. They also are coming to market with a console that is $100 cheaper which make no mistake in today's economy will be very relevant when they are sitting there side by side.

MS totally dropped the ball when it was so easy to hit a home run. Their stubbornness to keep pushing a wildly unpopular add on (kinect) instead of using that money to improve the actual console is going to be their downfall. Now I'm not saying that the Xbox one is not going to make some great looking quality games but I am saying more times than not the best PS4 games are going to look noticeably better. Now to 80% of the market they won't know or won't care but to that last 20% of informed gamers the PS4 is going to be the first choice. 20% may not seem like much but when it's 20% of a couple hundred million possible customers that is the difference between winning and losing the war.

Yep, more powerful and easier to develop for. The latter wil improve on the One, the former will stay the same but to what degree is what up debate in my eyes. If judged soley as a game console to me the PS4 is better graphically, but the one is still very strong and has a much stronger gaming line-up. Ill take the actual games ver the graphics. I know you're not mentioning features so I'll leave that out.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

admit it .... external harddrive and external power-brick makes Xbone looks more beautiful like flower

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Suppaman100

@AutoPilotOn said:

@Suppaman100: I don't get how those facts make the ps4 better. At this point I prefer the Xbox one but I am getting a ps4 instead for hope of the future and I already have a vita for remote play

You don't get how those facts make ps4 better?

Well if you can't see that being STRONGER and CHEAPER is better than having kinect...don't know what to say.

But good choice, as you know PS4 will be supported untill the end of its life. PS4 could have a slow start but it will probably end with the best library.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

People have opinions in this world.

I prefer Xbox One, you guys like PS4. That's fine.

But why ask me to admit something that I do not know as true? Why can none of you fanboys just accept that there are certain people on this earth who are capable of looking at information and making a decision based on what they think is best. Get over the fact that your PS4 is the best console, its just another choice of product.

This!!!! But hey, its SW.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

Instead of telling me the PS4 is better, how about you show me.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By AutoPilotOn

@Suppaman100: well kinect for games has always been lame so far I don't see it bein different. But I am kinda excited to see it used for navigation and media purposes. I would not of been upset if Sony made the camera mandory. The price has nothing to do with my choice. It includes what seems to be vastly better kinect I mean if the ps camera is 60 the new kinect has to cost at least double if not a lot more due to all the dev time. Plus I like the idea of improved xbl service with cloud and deticated server for all games not just a few I kind of hope Sony builds up its psn service now that they are charging to be one par with Xbox one not just 360 live

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@TellDaddy said:

@silversix_:

I was as pro Xbox as a guy could be the last two gens and I'm saying it but I was never really a fanboy just truly felt and still do that they were the better console. Obviously this gen hasn't started yet but with on hand info I just can't see how anyone could argue that MS didn'treally eff this console up in terms of specs compared to Sony.

Hmmmm........I don't see any reason to rate anything but the games. If xbox had slightly better graphics or what not....that isn't a big deal. I have both the Sony and MS consoles from the last two gens. I can't say that either one makes the other look like shit. I suppose if reading tech stats and wanting the one that sounds best is one's idea of gaming...then have at it. But in the grand scheme of things....they aren't that far off to be worth considering.

Gaming is first and foremost about the games. Lately with the cost of development.....most games are now multi plats. That leaves first party games to decide. Which games do YOU want to play above all else. If you can't live without x game....then that should decide the console for you.

I think MS drops the ball with first party games. They don't have as many or as much variety. But that is my opinion.

Cost is going to be the deal breaker for most people. Not everyone that buys a console reads about the console.....comes to forums to talk about the console etc. They look at games....and cost.

The PS3 had a rough start with the cost. It took them longer to catch up and/or surpass the competition (discounting Wii). This time MS might have priced themselves out of the limited market they held. Remember....Sony leads MS in most countries not called NA. With games being on both consoles....I'd imagine the PS4 will take the market. Will MS sell enough to continue the division? Now that is the interesting question here.....

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Suppaman100

@AutoPilotOn said:

@Suppaman100: well kinect for games has always been lame so far I don't see it bein different. But I am kinda excited to see it used for navigation and media purposes. I would not of been upset if Sony made the camera mandory. The price has nothing to do with my choice. It includes what seems to be vastly better kinect I mean if the ps camera is 60 the new kinect has to cost at least double if not a lot more due to all the dev time. Plus I like the idea of improved xbl service with cloud and deticated server for all games not just a few I kind of hope Sony builds up its psn service now that they are charging to be one par with Xbox one not just 360 live

I understand. Although I don't know if the "cloud" is such a revolution. The cloud is just a lot of servers, nothing more. Sony could do the same if they wanted. And PSN+ looks very good, I don't see any big differences between the online services though.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 AutoPilotOn

@Suppaman100: I know the "cloud" is not exclusive to ms but making it universal on their system is kinda. I would love to see Sony expand in that way as well. Especially now that we have to pay to play online

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

All this over resolution? The ps4 may have better specs but we'll have to wait and see how it actually affects the games in the future. The future game.. you sony fanboys should be pretty familiar with that (i.g. wait for games).

Oh and the X1 still has Kinect and all its features, dedicated servers for all devs, cloud computing which doesn't seem to have been utilized at this point, voice control tv and pass through.. the list goes on. You are still only choosing a ps3 with better graphics when bragging about the ps4

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@AutoPilotOn said:

@Suppaman100: I know the "cloud" is not exclusive to ms but making it universal on their system is kinda. I would love to see Sony expand in that way as well. Especially now that we have to pay to play online

Kindle has the cloud and I have yet to use it.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Suppaman100

@YD_11 said:

All this over resolution? The ps4 may have better specs but we'll have to wait and see how it actually affects the games in the future. The future game.. you sony fanboys should be pretty familiar with that (i.g. wait for games).

Oh and the X1 still has Kinect and all its features, dedicated servers for all devs, cloud computing which doesn't seem to have been utilized at this point, voice control tv and pass through.. the list goes on. You are still only choosing a ps3 with better graphics when bragging about the ps4

"you sony fanboys should be pretty familiar with that (i.g. wait for games)."

You lemmings should be pretty familiar with being abused. (i.g. MS not caring about fans and wanting to push DRM, focusing on casual gaming with kinect, high price for weak hardware, cablebox, no support after the first years, not being able to switch HDD's, having to switch batteries in a next-gen controller,...)

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By AutoPilotOn

@LJS9502_basic: I use amazon cloud all the time for my mp3s I bought when they have 5 dollar albums or free credit that's about it. It's kind of cool feature to stream or download my stuff on any compatable device. I am more interested in the universal deticated servers though.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LJS9502_basic

@AutoPilotOn: Don't you need WiFi for that though?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#71  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@multipass35 said:

@KungfuKitten: can cows not read? The awards were for graphics and gameplay on a CONSOLE.

The Witcher 3 won best graphics overall.

On a console? Why do they have such a useless award...

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By AutoPilotOn

@LJS9502_basic: well yea or 3G/4g

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LanceSSJ
Member since 2003 • 882 Posts

its the Drivers and ESRam ATM which will be optimized Post launch. Games will be 900-1080p

Also X1 Audio is MUCH better then PS4. Its a dedicated Audio chip which PS4 doesn't. Im an audiophile more then graphics(as long as they are decent)

X1 games with 7.1 will be glorious compared to PS4

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@LanceSSJ said:

jesus guys. X1 has driver and ESRam issues for launch titles.

IT WILL DO 900 AND 1080 post launch I guarantee

ty, what would i ever do without your guarantee and crystal ball.

PS360Wii4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 PS360Wii4eva
Member since 2010 • 297 Posts

@starwolf474: GTFOH the asymmetrical sticks on the 360 controller are retarded and not better at all. Spread BS somewhere else.

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By LanceSSJ
Member since 2003 • 882 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@LanceSSJ said:

jesus guys. X1 has driver and ESRam issues for launch titles.

IT WILL DO 900 AND 1080 post launch I guarantee

ty, what would i ever do without your guarantee and crystal ball.

Yet its already been stated these are giving issues.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@supercowelitist said:

All gamers would agree that PS4 is better. Lemmings won't admit it but that's what i expect from lemmings - they're not real gamers, they're just corporate pawns.

/thread

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

There was no point in Microsoft competing on graphics with the PC as the PC will always win. The PS4 tried and while it may have caught up some way PC graphics will always be better.

Microsoft took the decision ages ago (check out the leaked document) to only compete in areas it could win or offer unique experiences. Its set out to be different. Its graphic's are inferior but it wipes the floor with PC and PS4 in other areas. The Xbox Live cloud will be superior overall, the Kinect will offer unique interaction (others will try but it will be superior) in OS, entertainment and games. The integration with Windows, Xbox One, Tablets and phones will make indie developments very attractive and easy for them to complete.

The price for the overall package is high but about right for a launch console. The money they spent on launch titles and new 1st party developers shows the dedication on games and the hardware based top notch upscaler will close the gap with the PS4. For every person on here saying they wont buy a Xbox One there will be thousands that will because they see the overall package (or even just the blockbuster games available on the shelf). Families will prefer the Xbox One the die hards that cant afford a PC will prefer the PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

It's quite clear that the PS4 is a better console my problem is that it has nothing worth buying for yet

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

So much DC from Lems. Your console can't handle resolution higher than 720p (what we have on consoles since 05 /yay) on a game using 14y old engine. Be proud of the epicness MS has created and get your damage control gears ready for the next 10 years because you'll need it more than sheep and their WiiEww.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Well when you make the most powerful video game console in the history of video games everything else pales in comparison.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

It's quite clear that the PS4 is a better console my problem is that it has nothing worth buying it for it

Better graphical hardware yes, but you are correct it doesn't offer any services, unique experiences or games worth buying it for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@tdkmillsy said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

It's quite clear that the PS4 is a better console my problem is that it has nothing worth buying it for it

Better graphical hardware yes, but you are correct it doesn't offer any services, unique experiences or games worth buying it for.

Correct. I'm no buying a system just because it has strong hardware if I have nothing worth playing on it

$400 is a lot of bloody money to throw at a system I won't get any use out of until maybe this time next year

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

Then don't get an XB1! Go game on a Sony console.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 silversix_

@seanmcloughlin said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Correct. I'm no buying a system just because it has strong hardware if I have nothing worth playing on it

$400 is a lot of bloody money to throw at a system I won't get any use out of until maybe this time next year

if you have a gaming rig sure but imagine if you're one of those still playing only 360 or ps3.... i feel bad for those stuck with a ps3 or 360 in 2013.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

@starwolf474 said:

In terms of hardware power then yes PS4 is better, but there is more to a console than just hardware power.

In terms of online play, obviously Xbox has always and continues to lead the way while PlayStation is always playing catch-up in this area.

In terms of controller, the PS4 controller definitely looks like it will be a huge improvement over the piece of crap that was the PS3 controller, but it still has one big problem; the left analog stick is still in the wrong position. Until Sony makes a controller with the left analog stick in the natural position of the thumb then I can't see it ever being better than the Xbox controller.

In terms of OS features, Xbox One is the obvious winner.

In terms of multimedia features, Xbox One wins.

In terms of better launch lineup, Xbox One wins. PS4 will probably have the better library of exclusive games by the time the gen ends, but history has shown that PlayStation consoles generally have weak starts and strong finishes while Xbox consoles generally have strong starts and weak finishes, so it is smarter to buy Xbox consoles first and then buy PlayStation consoles later in the gen.

And saying that Kinect is "wildly unpopular" is a false statement. It might be "wildly unpopular" on this board, but this board is not a good representation of the majority of people that buy consoles. The fact is that Kinect has sold over 25 million units as of earlier this year (probably higher by now). That means that about 1/3 of the people who own a Xbox 360 also bought Kinect. That's pretty good for a $100 to $150 add-on device. I'm excited to see what kinds of interesting ideas developers come up with for Kinect now that it is 10 times more powerful and standard with every system.

There is no "wrong" stick position. That's subjective, not objective the way you're making it seem

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 silversix_

@StormyJoe said:

Then don't get an XB1! Go game on a Sony console.

That's what every single sane gamer already will do. Thanks for the telling the obvious.

JamDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 JamDev
Member since 2013 • 992 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

@multipass35 said:

Fun fact:

Xbox One won best console graphics at both E3 and GameCon for the games Forza 5 and Ryse. The Xbox One also won best console gameplay at E3 and GameCon for Titanfall.

The PS4 has won: ZERO AWARDS

Yay for money. Should have went to PC.

Well technically the best gameplay award did go to PC, no-one has played Titanfall on Xbone, it was the PC version at every show.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#90 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

Hey OP can you see titanfall?

There's a good chance that's coming to PS4 sometime down the road, so.... yeah.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@Evo_nine said:

Keep on dreaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@silversix_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

if you have a gaming rig sure but imagine if you're one of those still playing only 360 or ps3.... i feel bad for those stuck with a ps3 or 360 in 2013.

Of course, it's definitely because I have a PC for multiplats

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@Evo_nine said:

Keep on dreaming

Not dreaming; I'm just being informative. You can chew on the information however you like.

Well that was formerly the case (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Titanfall-PS4-Major-Nelson-Responds-60033.html), but now it looks as if Microsoft sealed it as a console exclusive (http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/10/29/titanfall-exclusive-to-microsoft-definitely-not-coming-to-ps4/)

Major Nelson doesn't even work for MS does he? Why is he such a fanboy then?

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#94 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@silversix_: stop making excuses silver

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 AutoPilotOn

@X_CAPCOM_X: I thought he was a MS employee.

Also I thought the ps4 had deticated audio chip as well.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 silversix_

@bbkkristian said:

@silversix_: stop making excuses silver

About what? I r no sheep that needs to justify its purchases because to others X console looks mediocre at best.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@Evo_nine said:

Keep on dreaming

Not dreaming; I'm just being informative. You can chew on the information however you like.

Well that was formerly the case (

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Titanfall-PS4-Major-Nelson-Responds-60033.html

), but now it looks as if Microsoft sealed it as a console exclusive (

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/10/29/titanfall-exclusive-to-microsoft-definitely-not-coming-to-ps4/

)

Major Nelson doesn't even work for MS does he? Why is he such a fanboy then?

He has been working for Microsoft for almost 10 years

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

It's SW noone will admit a thing. But cheaper and more powerful is a tough one to argue against. Lems hang on to a semi-exclusive (it's on PC) MP FPS game, but I think they deep down realize it's a very thin argument. Ps4 will get the better version of every multiplat for the rest of the generation. Sure X1 has a slightly better launchlineup due to MS deserting the X360 earlier than Sony deserted Ps3 (2013 is one of the best years for Ps3). Soon Sony's top studios will start to ship incredible masterpieces like they always do.

MS needed a headstart this year. Instead really clever marketing and sound design decisions from Sony have left MS far behind.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

@Suppaman00 DRM isn't necessarily a bad thing. Kinect is fun and much improved and now all games can use it. You get what you pay for and in this case it is extra features you won't have on ps4. Voice control tv with snap is cool. X1 supports external had which is better than replacing. And a more natural position for your thumb is as is on the x1 controller especially for primary movement. Try harder

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Suppaman100

@YD_11 said:

@Suppaman00 DRM isn't necessarily a bad thing. Kinect is fun and much improved and now all games can use it. You get what you pay for and in this case it is extra features you won't have on ps4. Voice control tv with snap is cool. X1 supports external had which is better than replacing. And a more natural position for your thumb is as is on the x1 controller especially for primary movement. Try harder

So gimmicks and casual crap? Looks like the Xbone is a perfect conso...cablebox for casuals and non-gamers.

And lol at "DRM isn't necessarily a bad thing." You're even defending DRM? LOL

Indeed you get what you pay for. A weak, expensive, casual orientated cablebox. Congrats.

Try harder