Stop making a excuses and just admit the PS4 is better.

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TellDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TellDaddy
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

This is coming from someone who was very pro Xbox in the last two gens but this time around it's very obvious that when it comes to gaming the PS4 is undoubtedly the more powerful and easier to develop for console. They fixed their crappy controller, they focused on making a console that is first and foremost about the games and they clearly have a pretty decent size advantage when it comes to raw horsepower. They also are coming to market with a console that is $100 cheaper which make no mistake in today's economy will be very relevant when they are sitting there side by side.

MS totally dropped the ball when it was so easy to hit a home run. Their stubbornness to keep pushing a wildly unpopular add on (kinect) instead of using that money to improve the actual console is going to be their downfall. Now I'm not saying that the Xbox one is not going to make some great looking quality games but I am saying more times than not the best PS4 games are going to look noticeably better. Now to 80% of the market they won't know or won't care but to that last 20% of informed gamers the PS4 is going to be the first choice. 20% may not seem like much but when it's 20% of a couple hundred million possible customers that is the difference between winning and losing the war.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

they won't, they will keep saying if you sit far enough you won't even notice the difference!!!

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Better in terms of hardware, yes.

Is it the better console? Time will only tell.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

You want MS brain washed fanboys to admit their competition is better? hah.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Hey OP can you see titanfall?

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

they won't, they will keep saying if you sit far enough you won't even notice the difference!!!

Oh.. my.. god.. who is the hell is saying that?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By silversix_

@Evo_nine said:

Hard to see. I think i need to sit further to see wtf Titanfall is in its glorious 720p

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zophar87

@Evo_nine said:

Looks great on my PC running at 60fps at 1920x1080.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@Zophar87 said:

@Krelian-co said:

Some guy in a thread earlier argued with everyone else for 2 pages. He kept insisting that 1080p and 720p looks the same unless you're 5 feet away from the screen...

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Krelian-co

@Zophar87 said:

@Krelian-co said:

basically every lem in the cod ghosts thread.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Evo_nine

@silversix_ said:

@Evo_nine said:

Hard to see. I think i need to sit further to see wtf Titanfall is in its glorious 720p

You sound butthurt, are you?

TellDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TellDaddy
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

@silversix_:

I was as pro Xbox as a guy could be the last two gens and I'm saying it but I was never really a fanboy just truly felt and still do that they were the better console. Obviously this gen hasn't started yet but with on hand info I just can't see how anyone could argue that MS didn'treally eff this console up in terms of specs compared to Sony.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@Zophar87 said:

@Krelian-co said:

Every single lem on SW lol

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Evo_nine

@TellDaddy said:

@silversix_:

I was as pro Xbox as a guy could be the last two gens and I'm saying it but I was never really a fanboy just truly felt and still do that they were the better console. Obviously this gen hasn't started yet but with on hand info I just can't see how anyone could argue that MS didn'treally eff this console up in terms of specs compared to Sony.

Microsoft will sell the same amount of consoles Sony will.

But sony is making a loss on each console while msoft is making a profit.

Yeah microft eff'd up real bad didn't they

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zophar87

@superclocked: @Krelian-co: @Douevenlift_bro:

No shit? Oh my god that's so fucking perfect.

My sides. HAHAHA

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zophar87

@Evo_nine said:

@TellDaddy said:

@silversix_:

Of course Microcock is making a profit. They're selling that underpowered piece of fucking garbage at such an inflated price.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By silversix_

@Evo_nine said:

@silversix_ said:

@Evo_nine said:

Who wouldn't be jelly of exclusive resolutions such as 720p? I heard that if you sit like 4 feets further, the image becomes crisper, more cinematic and real. Titanfall on Source in 720p will be stellar and im very butthurt about the current situation.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Krelian-co

@Evo_nine said:

@TellDaddy said:

@silversix_:

good thing you worry so much about their profits, how many shares you have at microsoft again?

i personally am sorry to say i have none at either sony or microsoft so i just focus on *surprise surprise* which one gives me the best gaming experience (coff coff ps4), but hey if microsoft making profit is so important to you by all means, im sure the shareholders who will never know your name and wouldn't even give you a glass of water will appreciate it.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Evo_nine

@Krelian-co said:

@Evo_nine said:

@TellDaddy said:

@silversix_:

good thing you worry so much about their profits, how many shares you have at microsoft again?

i personally am sorry to say i have none at either sony or microsoft so i just focus on *surprise surprise* which one gives me the best gaming experience (coff coff ps4), but hey if microsoft making profit is so important to you by all means, im sure the shareholders who will never know your name and wouldn't even give you a glass of water will appreciate it.

Well as a self admitted xbox fan, I want them to succeed because they will bring out another xbox next gen.

However if Sony once again fails, they could face bankruptcy.

See how it works?

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

People have opinions in this world.

I prefer Xbox One, you guys like PS4. That's fine.

But why ask me to admit something that I do not know as true? Why can none of you fanboys just accept that there are certain people on this earth who are capable of looking at information and making a decision based on what they think is best. Get over the fact that your PS4 is the best console, its just another choice of product.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Evo_nine

@silversix_ said:

@Evo_nine said:

@silversix_ said:

@Evo_nine said:

Who wouldn't be jelly of exclusive resolutions such as 720p? I heard that if you sit like 4 feets further, the image becomes crisper, more cinematic and real. Titanfall on Source in 720p will be stellar and im very butthurt about the current situation.

So I guess you have to resort to playing it on a pc too?

lol

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Krelian-co

@Evo_nine said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Evo_nine said:

@TellDaddy said:

@silversix_:

Well as a self admitted xbox fan, I want them to succeed because they will bring out another xbox next gen.

See how it works?

well im pretty sure they are doing things right while microsoft is dropping the ball really bad, so i guesss that wont happen. And you know why? because they made a quality console instead of relying on blind fanboys such as yourself to buy their crappy system that cant do 1080p on a source engine game that is the copy of the same game for the 7th time in a row.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#23 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

PS4 can't even play MP3s....

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Evo_nine

@Krelian-co said:

@Evo_nine said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Evo_nine said:

@TellDaddy said:

@silversix_:

See how it works?

well im pretty sure they are doing things right while microsoft is dropping the ball really bad, so i guesss that wont happen. And you know why? because they made a quality console instead of relying on blind fanboys such as yourself to buy their crappy system that cant do 1080p on a source engine game that is the copy of the same game for the 7th time in a row.

Quality console? it cant even play an mp3

Besides hardcore gamers, no one will care (or notice) the difference in pixels on the screen. Most games like Fifa are indentical anyways. Also, BF4 looks better on the xbox.

Anyways I wish Sony all the luck in the world in recouping their $60 lost on every console sold and I hope they succeed because Microsoft will need some competition next gen.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@Evo_nine said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Evo_nine said:

@TellDaddy said:

@silversix_:

See how it works?

Keep telling yourself Titanfall is just a CoD game, despite the fact that everyone who's played it has said how much it isn't like CoD. And last time I checked it swept the awards at E3 and is shaping up well. Why say a game is awful just because it isn't on your console?

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

It's very tough being a lem now, that's for sure.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

better at what? as an overall entertainment device? nope. does it have a better lineup of games? nope. better hardware? sure, but not enough to make much of a difference.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 silversix_

@Evo_nine said:

@silversix_ said:

@Evo_nine said:

@silversix_ said:

@Evo_nine said:

So I guess you have to resort to playing it on a pc too?

lol

Pay me hourly to play this shit and i wouldn't do it. If you like twitch/arcady shooters and play with your 14y old friends that's cool n all... i don't. Titanfall is aimed at CoD crowd. Im not CoD crowd, breh.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

@Sweenix said:

Not as tough as most of us would think. Pretty much like trying to convince a religious fanatic that God doesn't exist

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 silversix_

@bbkkristian said:

PS4 can't even play MP3s....

and almost every game on WiiU has no online IN YEAR 2013 and when they do its the gimped version..................................

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

Pc is widely accepted as the best in universe.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

@jhcho2 said:

@Sweenix said:

Not as tough as most of us would think. Pretty much like trying to convince a religious fanatic that God doesn't exist

It's funny because I actually kind of tried that. Without going into the details, my advice is don't do it, because the debate doesn't end. lol

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Lol, titanfall, people hyping a multiplat that will be superior on PC....I just don't get the way people think, Titanfall with an EMB mod... Can't wait for the Gundam skins, I know they will be there.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zophar87

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

@Zophar87 said:

That is gold. ..Also, PS4 is one sexy bitch

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36 SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

All gamers would agree that PS4 is better. Lemmings won't admit it but that's what i expect from lemmings - they're not real gamers, they're just corporate pawns.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

@Zophar87 said:

lol, that's great

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Multipass35
Member since 2013 • 312 Posts

Fun fact:

Xbox One won best console graphics at both E3 and GameCon for the games Forza 5 and Ryse. The Xbox One also won best console gameplay at E3 and GameCon for Titanfall.

The PS4 has won: ZERO AWARDS

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#39 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@multipass35 said:

Fun fact:

Xbox One won best console graphics at both E3 and GameCon for the games Forza 5 and Ryse. The Xbox One also won best console gameplay at E3 and GameCon for Titanfall.

The PS4 has won: ZERO AWARDS

Yay for money. Should have went to PC.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Something tells me that even if every lem agreed that the PS4 was better we'd still have 7-10 years (however long the gen lasts) of cows creating thread after thread showing us the graphical differences between PS4/Xbox games.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Multipass35
Member since 2013 • 312 Posts

@KungfuKitten: can cows not read? The awards were for graphics and gameplay on a CONSOLE.

The Witcher 3 won best graphics overall.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

besides the power, x1 is far better in every way, xbl, features, better line up out the gate

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

better at what? as an overall entertainment device? nope. does it have a better lineup of games? nope. better hardware? sure, but not enough to make much of a difference.

Avatar image for dr_mindbender12
dr_mindbender12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45  Edited By dr_mindbender12
Member since 2006 • 320 Posts

@mems_1224:

Over double the amount of pixels isn't much of a difference? Okay.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

@treedoor said:

Something tells me that even if every lem agreed that the PS4 was better we'd still have 7-10 years (however long the gen lasts) of cows creating thread after thread showing us the graphical differences between PS4/Xbox games.

This... at this point its just sad cause the truth is neither one of these consoles can even compete with the PC now and not for the life time of the consoles. I do agree though that Sony looked at what MS did with the 360 and said we are just going to do that have a higher powered console with a cheaper price tag. I can understand what Lems are saying thought because other than power there not one thing I can think of why the ps4 is better and the fact that the difference isn't drastic(IMO) then we just have to wait and see

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2029 Posts

Xbox fanboys cant see the difference, cause they have very low IQ

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22631 Posts

Wow this thread is toxic.... Admitted I do think its funny that cows rage harder one one someone says they prefer the xbox, as if resolution will decide a gen. Generations last too long and have too many variables to feel comfortable "winning" before it even starts.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

In terms of hardware power then yes PS4 is better, but there is more to a console than just hardware power.

In terms of online play, obviously Xbox has always and continues to lead the way while PlayStation is always playing catch-up in this area.

In terms of controller, the PS4 controller definitely looks like it will be a huge improvement over the piece of crap that was the PS3 controller, but it still has one big problem; the left analog stick is still in the wrong position. Until Sony makes a controller with the left analog stick in the natural position of the thumb then I can't see it ever being better than the Xbox controller.

In terms of OS features, Xbox One is the obvious winner.

In terms of multimedia features, Xbox One wins.

In terms of better launch lineup, Xbox One wins. PS4 will probably have the better library of exclusive games by the time the gen ends, but history has shown that PlayStation consoles generally have weak starts and strong finishes while Xbox consoles generally have strong starts and weak finishes, so it is smarter to buy Xbox consoles first and then buy PlayStation consoles later in the gen.

And saying that Kinect is "wildly unpopular" is a false statement. It might be "wildly unpopular" on this board, but this board is not a good representation of the majority of people that buy consoles. The fact is that Kinect has sold over 25 million units as of earlier this year (probably higher by now). That means that about 1/3 of the people who own a Xbox 360 also bought Kinect. That's pretty good for a $100 to $150 add-on device. I'm excited to see what kinds of interesting ideas developers come up with for Kinect now that it is 10 times more powerful and standard with every system.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@blamix:

Yes, Xbox Fanboys might have very low IQ, but Sony Fanboys have NO IQ period!