Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Kjranu said:

@clyde46 said:

I don't know why people are buying them. Hardly any games out for it.

Erm, maybe because most of decent games are already out? Both first and third party games. That's enough to push PS4 over the line. You don't need a million games released at launch day but a reasonable and strong lineup of games to play from launch to one year anniversary which they've achieved.

No it doesn't. KZ is shit, SS is meh, its only got one racer and that's a multiplat arcade one at that. We are getting close to a year since the PS4 was released and it still has no compelling software and is it still missing half of the features they promised back in Feburay of 2013! Oh before you start squawking, I own a PS4 and it hasn't been used in about 4 months and even then it was only use the iPlayer app on it because I couldn't be bothered to turn my PC on.

Infamous ins't,MLB isn't TLOU isn't it has freaking 9 months in the market what freaking console has 300 games by its 9th month.?

All consoles are the same in this regard,the PS2 landed on March 2000 in Japan and it wasn't until summer 2001 that the PS2 started to really deliver the smackdowns games.

You seen how this gen have started developers all around don't even want to make new games,they want to port the same sh**,and this apply to even PC developers like with Metro,instead of a new game what do we get on consoles.? A Damn port.Is not sony fault and MS is having it even worse.

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

If it makes you feel any better, Sony, I don't understand it either. Not like there's any reason for it to sell right now, lacking entirely in a games line up as it is currently.

But of course, a PlayStation is an investment in the future. Just... I'd rather invest in it when that future comes. That's just me, of course.

They are not saying it in the way you want to believe they are..

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

It's obvious as I've stated before; cows abandoning the POS3 in record numbers whilst lems still lovin the legendary 360... c'mon Sony, this is too easy. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

Or, more PS3 owners have moved to PS4 than 360 owners have moved to XB1.

Which is a total joke and a lame ass excuse,since it is the xbox 360 the one dead game wise for years,while the PS3 was getting games like The Puppeteer,Ni No Kuni,TLOU,GOW, while all the xbox 360 got las year was Gears and Forza again,Not only was the PS3 getting games but new IP on its 7 year while the 360 on its 8th was basically getting nothing.

Not only that to imply any king of desperation over moving to new hardware would have to apply 10 times more to the xbox 360 since is 1 year older as well.

Drop the excuses dude what happening is what would have and MS will not catch sony you can mark those words,they ended tied this gen after sony single handed screw them self up with a $600 console with few games and 1 year late.

This gen they have more games,have a power gap which is undeniable,and they are commanding in all markets,and before you even try to hide on the PS3 making a comeback,i most remind you that without a single market to make up for the loses they can't.

Remember is i am if we are both running,and i am 2 cars ahead of you while i am doing 60mph,don't spect to catch me running your car at 45,the further we go the further you will get behind.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 tormentos

@SecretPolice said:

It's obvious as I've stated before; cows abandoning the POS3 in record numbers whilst lems still lovin the legendary 360... c'mon Sony, this is too easy. :P

NO no no no....

Is Aliens....

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 SecretPolice

@tormentos said:

@SecretPolice said:

NO no no no....

Is Aliens....

hahahah, K, I can go along with that as well. :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@tormentos said:

@SecretPolice said:

NO no no no....

Is Aliens....

or Flagstone Kids..10 million strong and awwww yeahhhh GROWING.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Which is a total joke and a lame ass excuse,since it is the xbox 360 the one dead game wise for years,while the PS3 was getting games like The Puppeteer,Ni No Kuni,TLOU,GOW, while all the xbox 360 got las year was Gears and Forza again,Not only was the PS3 getting games but new IP on its 7 year while the 360 on its 8th was basically getting nothing.

Not only that to imply any king of desperation over moving to new hardware would have to apply 10 times more to the xbox 360 since is 1 year older as well.

Drop the excuses dude what happening is what would have and MS will not catch sony you can mark those words,they ended tied this gen after sony single handed screw them self up with a $600 console with few games and 1 year late.

This gen they have more games,have a power gap which is undeniable,and they are commanding in all markets,and before you even try to hide on the PS3 making a comeback,i most remind you that without a single market to make up for the loses they can't.

Remember is i am if we are both running,and i am 2 cars ahead of you while i am doing 60mph,don't spect to catch me running your car at 45,the further we go the further you will get behind.

LOL! Really? On Amazon.com, the 360 is still in the top 100, and "all 2014 best sellers 100" list, too. Where is the PS3? It's not on either list.

Where's the drop in XBL Gold subscriptions? MS's last 10-K said subscriptions are up, not down.

Listen, milk-maker, you have zero evidence to back up what you say. When I squint, I can see the "moos".

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 SecretPolice

@Heil68 said:

@SecretPolice said:

@tormentos said:

@SecretPolice said:

NO no no no....

Is Aliens....

Ya got me, I'm unfamiliar with " Flagstone Kids"? Enlighten me mah man.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#160 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

Three of my friends already made the switch. One of them got a PS4 because he's a big Sony fan and enjoys everything Sony. Also because of Battlefield 4. One got one because of NBA 2K13 and Fifa 14 I think and because of games like TLOU. Another got one because, out of the three consoles, the PS4 interested him the most and it seemed the "safest" option. I plan on getting one in the future as well once I get enough cash and when there are more games for the system. I guess Sony is just getting it right this gen.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@locopatho said:

Playstation is the biggest console brand and the way Sony COMPLETEY recovered from and undid most of the PS3s problems, well, it really sent the right message.

I've almost bought one twice now, I have to keep reminding myself that I should wait until there's actually stuff I want on it!

You almost bought two PS4's? Now there is a fanboy...

That's not what he said though...

He almost buys a PS4, but backs off. Some time later, he gets close to buying a PS4, but doesn't close the deal again. That's all there was to his statement, not that hard to follow really.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#162  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@AutoPilotOn said:

It's a new console people know the games will come. No reason to wait if you want one.

Pretty much. I know Bloodborne is coming no matter what, might as well buy the console now and enjoy stuff like Infamous, Last of Us and Watch Dogs in the meantime. I mean, why wait?

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#163  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@SecretPolice said:

@tormentos said:

@SecretPolice said:

NO no no no....

Is Aliens....

#Preachify that wisdom

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#164 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Maybe they sell because they asked us to buy them?

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#165  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I will spell it out for you people that aren't smart enough to figure out why the PS4 is selling well.

MS done F'd up with the X1 + Nintendo done F'd up with the Wii U + the PS4 looks the best with the best name & the best hardware.

MS was rude & arrogant about their plans for the X1; DRM - Deal with it! Used game fees to show their greed. Mandatory Kinect to show even more how greedy and controlling they are.

Nintendo made an under powered console with another lame gimmicky controller.

Sony made the PS4 powerful for a fair price, gave it a logical good name, & didn't show anything that would deter the consumer from buying it.

When a consumer looks at the 3 consoles for sale it's easy to choose the PS4 over the others.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

LOL! Really? On Amazon.com, the 360 is still in the top 100, and "all 2014 best sellers 100" list, too. Where is the PS3? It's not on either list.

Where's the drop in XBL Gold subscriptions? MS's last 10-K said subscriptions are up, not down.

Listen, milk-maker, you have zero evidence to back up what you say. When I squint, I can see the "moos".

Did you saw what the xbox 360 sold this month.? Also the xbox 360 has a bigger user base in US to games ranking more than on PS3 is a freaking given the unit have a huge gap between it and the PS3.

Second the PS3 is even outselling the PS4 in Japan while the xbox 360 is dead there,and on EU the PS3 was outselling the xbox 360 as well,that is a sad excuse period but but but PS3 buyers are desperate lol,the PS3 has way better games than the PS4 where does the desperation comes from i wonder..lol

Face it xbox 360 owners are moving they are mostly returning to the PS,i don't know why this surprise you so much or have you on such denial the xbox 360 didn't get 80 million from thin air many were sony fans before the 360,so i don't see this mentality of yours to think is just that 360 fans are not jumping yet.lol

What bigger evidence do i need the xbox 360 totally dominated US last gen by endless millions and this time is losing it,they have done all and they have loss it all,again prepare to officially fail in another of your predictions by this year end..hehehe..

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Remember when those 3 spots use to be take by live cards,now they are dominated by PSN ones..lol

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#167 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

The PS4 was never marketed like the XBone was.

Sony said from Day 1 that the PS4's main focus was going to be on games. Compare that to Microsoft who was pimping all of the skype and TV features of the XBone making gaming seem almost secondary.

The PS4 was marketed as a game console.

The XBone was marketed as a glorified $500 cable box with the ability to play games.

I think the gamers have pretty much already spoken about which one they prefer.

Or, a shitload of 360 owners have crossed over and decided to buy a PS4 instead of an XBone.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Did you saw what the xbox 360 sold this month.? Also the xbox 360 has a bigger user base in US to games ranking more than on PS3 is a freaking given the unit have a huge gap between it and the PS3.

Second the PS3 is even outselling the PS4 in Japan while the xbox 360 is dead there,and on EU the PS3 was outselling the xbox 360 as well,that is a sad excuse period but but but PS3 buyers are desperate lol,the PS3 has way better games than the PS4 where does the desperation comes from i wonder..lol

Face it xbox 360 owners are moving they are mostly returning to the PS,i don't know why this surprise you so much or have you on such denial the xbox 360 didn't get 80 million from thin air many were sony fans before the 360,so i don't see this mentality of yours to think is just that 360 fans are not jumping yet.lol

What bigger evidence do i need the xbox 360 totally dominated US last gen by endless millions and this time is losing it,they have done all and they have loss it all,again prepare to officially fail in another of your predictions by this year end..hehehe..

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Remember when those 3 spots use to be take by live cards,now they are dominated by PSN ones..lol

You have absolutely ZERO proof that 360 owners are switching to PS4. On the other hand, given that XBL subscriptions are up, I have evidence to the contrary.

You lose.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 StormyJoe

@Zelda187 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

Sony said from Day 1 that the PS4's main focus was going to be on games. Compare that to Microsoft who was pimping all of the skype and TV features of the XBone making gaming seem almost secondary.

The XBone was marketed as a glorified $500 cable box with the ability to play games.

Or, a shitload of 360 owners have crossed over and decided to buy a PS4 instead of an XBone.

Proof? Links? XBL subscriptions are up, not down. If there was a mass exodus, then the subscriptions would reflect that.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#170 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@shakmaster13:

I agree NBA 2K14 is a beast. Can't wait for 15

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

Proof? Links? XBL subscriptions are up, not down. If there was a mass exodus, then the subscriptions would reflect that.

That's true. I thin SONY should just be happy as the current gen 8 leader, doubling up Xbone sales.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Zelda187

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

It's common sense.

A lot of people were super pissed after that E3 debacle that Microsoft put forth last year. And even though Microsoft reversed all of the bullshit DRM policies a week later, it was too late in a lot of peoples minds.

At the same time that Microsoft was proudly boasting about always having to check in online to play your console, never being able to trade in your games or lend them to friends, and wasting time with a bunch of skype and cable box bullshit...Sony was showing off a new system that was more powerful than the XBone, didn't have any restrictions with DRM, was more focused on gaming instead of functioning as a multi-media hub first and a gaming console 2nd, and...oh...was going to hit the market at a cost of $100 less than that of the XBone.

E3 2013 made up a lot of peoples minds on which next gen console to buy. And no amount of backtracking by Microsoft would be enough to get them to reconsider.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 StormyJoe

@Zelda187 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

It's common sense.

A lot of people were super pissed after that E3 debacle that Microsoft put forth last year. And even though Microsoft reversed all of the bullshit DRM policies a week later, it was too late in a lot of peoples minds.

At the same time that Microsoft was proudly boasting about always having to check in online to play your console, never being able to trade in your games or lend them to friends, and wasting time with a bunch of skype and cable box bullshit...Sony was showing off a new system that was more powerful than the XBone, didn't have any restrictions with DRM, was more focused on gaming instead of functioning as a multi-media hub first and a gaming console 2nd, and...oh...was going to hit the market at a cost of $100 less than that of the XBone.

E3 2013 made up a lot of peoples minds on which next gen console to buy. And no amount of backtracking by Microsoft would be enough to get them to reconsider.

Read very carefully: XBox LIVE Gold subscriptions are up, not down. If people were switching to PS, the subscriptions would be going down. So, it's common sense that people are NOT switching.

You make an interesting speculation, but there are no facts anywhere to back up what you are saying.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#174 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Everyone on the PS4 hype train are buying them. I'm sure many are regretting buying one so early. Greatness waits...Their waiting alright.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#175 gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

Sony has been the top selling console every week/month worldwide since 1994 when they first entered the market - with the sole exception of the three years or so that the Wii fad was in full force.

There never has been a more dominant console maker in the history of gaming.

So, yeah, keep spouting the faux surprise masking bitter tears about how Sony continues to dominate the console market.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@clyde46: Your negative opinions about Killzone and Infamous are irrelevant. The games sold millions of copies. Who cares that you don't play your PS4, Sony is obviously doing something right. Give credit where credit is due, all your negative comments could easily be applied to Xbox One.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#177 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I just pre ordered the white PS4. That's 1 sale.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#178  Edited By ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I'm probably going to go ahead and bite in the next couple of weeks. It is a must have for games like Bloodborne, The Order 1886, No Man's Sky, Rime, Kingdom Under Fire II and Wild. I thought I would be fine with just an Xbox One and Wii U, but realized that I am only fooling myself. Exclusives matter... period.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#179 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@smashed_pinata said:

it's pretty obvious....paperweights or door stops.

pretty expensive paperweights.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

You have absolutely ZERO proof that 360 owners are switching to PS4. On the other hand, given that XBL subscriptions are up, I have evidence to the contrary.

You lose.

You have absolutely ZERO proof that 360 owners are not switching to PS4.

On the other hand given than PSN card have knock the fu** out of live cards on Amazon i say there is a huge change,from xbox live 46 million half are SILVERS HALF GOLD so that mean that some 23 million pay for live and a whooping 60 or 58 million 360 owners don't pay for live so live accounts supposedly been up a little mean total sh** only a minority pay for xbox live on xbox 360.

So shove up your buns that silly argument it has been known for years that xbox live is not used by the majority of xbox 360 owners,half are silver and even if by a miracle all the 46 million were gold which they aren't that would still mean that close to 40 million didn't have online so yeah live accounts been up would have mean nothing.

All you have proof is that some late adopters still buying xbox 360 and paying for live which is also the case for the PS3,they still are selling you know.

@StormyJoe said:

Link to MS claim that they have 83 million xbox live accounts,because that is the only way you will prove that you have a point. xbox live gold users are not even 30 million on a users base of over 80 million what the fu** man hell 5 million could be straight xbox 360 owners buying PS4 and MS would never notice it because they have a huge segment who doesn't pay for live.

But i guess you can't factor that in on your silly ass argument.

Man you lemmings are truly touched by MS shortcomings sales wise..lol

@StormyJoe said:

Read very carefully: XBox LIVE Gold subscriptions are up, not down. If people were switching to PS, the subscriptions would be going down. So, it's common sense that people are NOT switching.

You make an interesting speculation, but there are no facts anywhere to back up what you are saying.

Read very carefully xbox live subscription mean jack sh**. Not every one who has a 360 has live gold now prove me wrong....

Link to MS gold numbers.....lol

This should be epic..lol

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@smashed_pinata said:

I only buy the best doorstops. I spare no expense.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#182 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@gfxpipeline: PS1 didn't pick up steam until FF7 was announced for it.

PS2 had GT3, GTA 3 and FFX around launch.

PS3 struggled trying to justify being a cheap Blu-Ray (which is reasonable, considering how expensive Blu Rays were at the time) that can play games. It started to pick up steam when the games started to come in (for direct comparison, see 3DS, except replace Blu Ray with 3D).

PS4 is an excellent case of marketing. It had a simple message, a simple purpose, and a clear incentive for people to upgrade (games notwithstanding). The Wii last year wowed everyone with its clear message (playing tennis indoors) and captured their imagination.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#183 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@Shielder7 said:

@smashed_pinata said:

Well the PS4 is kinda light it's not going to work very well......

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I think it's safe to say Knack is the sleeper system seller of the last decade.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

Not necessarily.

If 1 million jumped ship....and there were 2million pp that owned 360s but were not on LIVE and 1.5 million of those 2 million then bought LIVE it would still show an increase.

But thats still 1 million ppl jumping ship.

I personally think a good bit of 360 owners have jumped ship. I've been to Gamestop many times since the release of both systems and I've been to 2 midnight releases (I think 2 maybe just 1) and throughout my time there just talking to ppl while waiting in line or for midnight there have been many ppl who said they jumped ship from the 360 to the PS4.

I know it's a small dose of ppl, but I'm sure it scales to some extent.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

It didn't help MS with the piss poor 2013 E3, then having a console that was $100 more than the PS4. Also people tend to not forget about the ridiculous RROD last gen so they might not be forth coming on paying money on a MS console for awhile.

Lastly it doesn't help that MS just lost two of their exclusives (Ryse and Dead Rising 3).

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Microsoft just fucked themselves over and a bunch of people switched to playstation.

Evadjek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Evadjek
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

It's obvious, PS4 is going to get the best games. And that's the reason why Sony is going to win its 3rd gen, while Microsoft never won any gen.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 inb4uall

@Shielder7 said:

@inb4uall said:

@Shielder7 said:

@smashed_pinata said:

Well the PS4 is kinda light it's not going to work very well......

I had the insides taken out and filled with 64gb vita memory cards

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

Buzz is what sold so many PS4's. People wanted them to play Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, and Call of Duty.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

@inb4uall: I read that as "i had the INDIES taken out....." LoL perfect for ps4

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By inb4uall

@smashed_pinata said:

@inb4uall: I read that as "i had the INDIES taken out....." LoL perfect for ps4

lol'd I tend to prefer indie games anymore though. Divinity OS, Torchlight II, Terraria, Nuclear Throne, and Hard Reset are some of my favorite games.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#193 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@tonitorsi said:

@Phazevariance said:

Funny thing... 10 million consoles sole and almost no good games out for it yet. That's the logic that I can't understand. The dust mine has collected is hitting record depths.

(Assuming you don't own a gaming PC) You don't play multiplats? enjoy indies? use media apps? watch Blu-ray?

To say your PS4 is collecting dust when its been outpacing the Xbox One in games seems a bit improbable.

Most multiplats are still available for last generation consoles. Most indies can be played on almost any PC/laptop. Media apps and DVDs again were something I could do on last generation consoles.

I find it strange that these consoles are doing so well, at the moment, because almost everything they offer is found on something most people already own.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

@tonitorsi said:

@Phazevariance said:

Funny thing... 10 million consoles sole and almost no good games out for it yet. That's the logic that I can't understand. The dust mine has collected is hitting record depths.

(Assuming you don't own a gaming PC) You don't play multiplats? enjoy indies? use media apps? watch Blu-ray?

To say your PS4 is collecting dust when its been outpacing the Xbox One in games seems a bit improbable.

Most multiplats are still available for last generation consoles. Most indies can be played on almost any PC/laptop. Media apps and DVDs again were something I could do on last generation consoles.

I find it strange that these consoles are doing so well, at the moment, because almost everything they offer is found on something most people already own.

In the case of Sony, I guess most folks jump in for the Playstation signature games they associate with the brand. Gran Turismo/Halo/Mario are huge draws for audiences looking for console gaming, believe it or not.

Those fuckers sell buttloads.

And seeing this from a casual consumer point of view, everything you just listed that can be found on other mediums pales in comparison to the power of marketing and word-of-mouth.

That's the reason why Apple is the king of life, smartphones, food, water and oxygen on Earth.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#195 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@tonitorsi said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@tonitorsi said:

@Phazevariance said:

In the case of Sony, I guess most folks jump in for the Playstation signature games they associate with the brand. Gran Turismo/Halo/Mario are huge draws for audiences looking for console gaming, believe it or not.

Those fuckers sell buttloads.

And seeing this from a casual consumer point of view, everything you just listed that can be found on other mediums pales in comparison to the power of marketing and word-of-mouth.

That's the reason why Apple is the king of life, smartphones, food, water and oxygen on Earth.

Oh it's most definitely word of mouth, and I'm not saying those franchises are not huge draws, but when only one of the franchises has released on their respective console (Mario on the Wii U), it's odd that so many people jump in PS4/Xbox One pool.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

You lose.

You have absolutely ZERO proof that 360 owners are not switching to PS4.

On the other hand given than PSN card have knock the fu** out of live cards on Amazon i say there is a huge change,from xbox live 46 million half are SILVERS HALF GOLD so that mean that some 23 million pay for live and a whooping 60 or 58 million 360 owners don't pay for live so live accounts supposedly been up a little mean total sh** only a minority pay for xbox live on xbox 360.

So shove up your buns that silly argument it has been known for years that xbox live is not used by the majority of xbox 360 owners,half are silver and even if by a miracle all the 46 million were gold which they aren't that would still mean that close to 40 million didn't have online so yeah live accounts been up would have mean nothing.

All you have proof is that some late adopters still buying xbox 360 and paying for live which is also the case for the PS3,they still are selling you know.

@StormyJoe said:

Link to MS claim that they have 83 million xbox live accounts,because that is the only way you will prove that you have a point. xbox live gold users are not even 30 million on a users base of over 80 million what the fu** man hell 5 million could be straight xbox 360 owners buying PS4 and MS would never notice it because they have a huge segment who doesn't pay for live.

But i guess you can't factor that in on your silly ass argument.

Man you lemmings are truly touched by MS shortcomings sales wise..lol

@StormyJoe said:

Read very carefully xbox live subscription mean jack sh**. Not every one who has a 360 has live gold now prove me wrong....

Link to MS gold numbers.....lol

This should be epic..lol

Yes I do, dipshit - XBox Live subscriptions are up, not down. If 360 owners were switching to PS4, then subscriptions would be going down.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 StormyJoe

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

Not necessarily.

If 1 million jumped ship....and there were 2million pp that owned 360s but were not on LIVE and 1.5 million of those 2 million then bought LIVE it would still show an increase.

But thats still 1 million ppl jumping ship.

I personally think a good bit of 360 owners have jumped ship. I've been to Gamestop many times since the release of both systems and I've been to 2 midnight releases (I think 2 maybe just 1) and throughout my time there just talking to ppl while waiting in line or for midnight there have been many ppl who said they jumped ship from the 360 to the PS4.

I know it's a small dose of ppl, but I'm sure it scales to some extent.

That has got to be the most rediculous argument I have ever heard. Those 1.5 million came from... where?

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Zelda187

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-poaching-players-from-microsoft-nintendo-niels/1100-6421917/

PS4 Poaching Players From Microsoft, Nintendo -- Nielsen Study

Recent study found that 31 percent of PS4 owners did not own the PlayStation 3, but did have a Xbox 360 or Wii.

At 10 million units sold in nine months, Sony's PlayStation 4 has gotten off to a red hot start, outpacing Microsoft's Xbox One and even Sony's own expectations. But why is the console selling so well? Even Sony's worldwide studios president Shuhei Yoshida doesn't have a definitive answer.

But now, a new Nielsen study reveals that the secret to the PS4's early success could be that the console may be stealing players from Microsoft and Nintendo.

According to data from an April Nielsen study provided to Re/code, 31 percent of PS4 owners did not own the PlayStation 3, but did have an Xbox 360 or Wii. Seventeen percent of PS4 owners did not own any console of the last generation, according to the data. As Re/code points out, this data suggests that gamers aren't as truly loyal as comments on the Internet would have you believe.

One major potential limitation of the Nielsen study, however, is that it asked consumers to specify which console(s) they currently owned, not any systems they owned in the past. As a result, people who sold their PS3 to GameStop (or to a friend) to buy a PS4 would have been included in the study as someone who did not own a PS3.

"Assuming that most people didn't do that, though, the numbers underscore why launching at a $100 lower price point than the rival Xbox One was so beneficial for Sony," writes Re/code's Eric Johnson.

The PS4 and Xbox One are now sold for the same price: $399 (though Xbox One fans can also buy a $500 bundle that comes with Kinect). The Wii U, meanwhile, sells for $300.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By StormyJoe

@Zelda187 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Zelda187 said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-poaching-players-from-microsoft-nintendo-niels/1100-6421917/

PS4 Poaching Players From Microsoft, Nintendo -- Nielsen Study

Recent study found that 31 percent of PS4 owners did not own the PlayStation 3, but did have a Xbox 360 or Wii.

At 10 million units sold in nine months, Sony's PlayStation 4 has gotten off to a red hot start, outpacing Microsoft's Xbox One and even Sony's own expectations. But why is the console selling so well? Even Sony's worldwide studios president Shuhei Yoshida doesn't have a definitive answer.

But now, a new Nielsen study reveals that the secret to the PS4's early success could be that the console may be stealing players from Microsoft and Nintendo.

According to data from an April Nielsen study provided to Re/code, 31 percent of PS4 owners did not own the PlayStation 3, but did have an Xbox 360 or Wii. Seventeen percent of PS4 owners did not own any console of the last generation, according to the data. As Re/code points out, this data suggests that gamers aren't as truly loyal as comments on the Internet would have you believe.

One major potential limitation of the Nielsen study, however, is that it asked consumers to specify which console(s) they currently owned, not any systems they owned in the past. As a result, people who sold their PS3 to GameStop (or to a friend) to buy a PS4 would have been included in the study as someone who did not own a PS3.

"Assuming that most people didn't do that, though, the numbers underscore why launching at a $100 lower price point than the rival Xbox One was so beneficial for Sony," writes Re/code's Eric Johnson.

The PS4 and Xbox One are now sold for the same price: $399 (though Xbox One fans can also buy a $500 bundle that comes with Kinect). The Wii U, meanwhile, sells for $300.

I love it when all you cows congregate together to try and argue a point against little ole me. LOL!

Again, those could have been almost all Wii users - Neilson's question was most likely "other console", or they would have listed a better breakdown. You can speculate all you want - numbers do not lie: if 360 owners were jumping ship in large numbers, XBL subscriptions would go down, and that is not happening. I am not saying "no 360 owner has gone to PS4" - that's a ridiculous comment - but given the subscription rates, it's not a significant number.

I was responding to your comment "Or, a shitload of 360 owners have crossed over and decided to buy a PS4 instead of an XBone.".

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

People without online?

/zing