Sony Full Year Results: 1.25b Loss | PS 78m Loss

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/13q4_sony.pdf

Total losses from the PC division over this year and the next will amount to 171.7bn yen, that includes operating losses, asset impairments and goodwill impairments. Gives us an idea of what exiting the TV market would cost if they were to do it, though there is no goodwill associated with the TV division.

Game forecast:

Game & Network Services

Sales are expected to increase primarily due to an increase in unit sales of PS4s and an increase in network services revenue. Operating results are expected to improve primarily due to the impact of the increase in sales and a decrease in costs related to the launch of the PS4.

1,220bn yen revenue forecast, up by 16.9%, and a 20bn yen operating profit forecast.

doomed

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I really hope they don't exit the TV market, I'm almost certain they won't...Sony in my honest opinion makes the best TVs on the market....samsung is fine but my sony tv is way better than my samsung. I'm sure the PS4 will help Sony.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

I really hope they don't exit the TV market, I'm almost certain they won't...Sony in my honest opinion makes the best TVs on the market....samsung is fine but my sony tv is way better than my samsung. I'm sure the PS4 will help Sony.

They're one of the finest TV makers out there, it just happens that they are also one of the most expensive TV providers.

Samsung offers pretty much the same for much less. Which is why they dominate the TV market.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Sony = $1.25 billion loss

Nintendo = $456 million loss

Microsoft = $21.86 billion profit

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@Sweenix said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

They're one of the finest TV makers out there, it just happens that they are also one of the most expensive TV providers.

Samsung offers pretty much the same for much less. Which is why they dominate the TV market.

It feels like Sony started going downhill right when the economy started to as well...around 2006-2008. I think its because Sony makes luxury high end (expensive) products that the common man no longer could afford.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44604 Posts

and this is why Sony can't turn the gaming division into its own company, there'll be times they need the larger company's resources

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Soooo... the only one who made out with bank out of the Big Three was MS? No surprise there.

I could say that Ninty may have not looked too bad if it wasn't for their larger one time loss on R&D (and something else I think, can't remember).

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lamprey263

@ps4hasnogames said:

It feels like Sony started going downhill right when the economy started to as well...around 2006-2008. I think its because Sony makes luxury high end (expensive) products that the common man no longer could afford.

I'm sure that's a factor but I think it might have started a little earlier than that...

http://kotaku.com/5960411/how-sony-is-turning-into-a-ghost-in-japan-and-around-the-world

...it's a lengthy but informative read that might give you some perspective.

The bit about Nobuyuki Idei I think might be the most telling part about Sony's decline.

"Idei decided to streamline the company and do massive restructuring. When we say, 'restructure' in Japanese-we really mean get rid of people. He put together an early retirement plan and strongly encouraged people to use it. Well, that didn't generate a lot of good feelings. When a company starts promoting early retirement, most people take that as a sign to get out while they still can. And many did. Maybe the idea was that by getting rid of the middle aged and older employees they'd encourage innovation and bring in some young blood. The effect was more like shooting yourself in the foot."

According to the Sony veteran, the middle-aged engineers and technicians that left were the same ones that brought Sony to greatness. They left behind a younger generation that was insecure, afraid of failure, and only willing to work with technology already in place—not build from the ground up.

"What was even worse is that during this period, Korea and Taiwan immediately welcome the exiting Sony techies with open arms. It was better than industrial espionage—Samsung could openly 'buy' the technology that Sony had developed simply by rehiring their best and brightest."

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Microsoft has published its Q3 2014 earnings report, and the company has made $5.66 billion in net income on $20.4 billion in revenue.

Sony = 1.25 billion loss(Cash on Hand $8.08 B; Debt$12.52 B)

Microsoft = $5.66 billion full profit

They should be making profit since they are selling $200 hardware for $500.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Bye bye sony you and your lies wont be missed

Microsoft is still the king i see, business as usual

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

Oh, did not read. ITS A WHOLE YEAR.

Nintedo = $456 million loss

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Nintendo = $21.86 billion profit

Now if you look at M$ gaming division,it's another story.

Windows and Office is pumping all the cash for Microsoft,not the xbox.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

I'm sure that's a factor but I think it might have started a little earlier than that...

http://kotaku.com/5960411/how-sony-is-turning-into-a-ghost-in-japan-and-around-the-world

The bit about Nobuyuki Idei I think might be the most telling part about Sony's decline.

"Idei decided to streamline the company and do massive restructuring. When we say, 'restructure' in Japanese-we really mean get rid of people. He put together an early retirement plan and strongly encouraged people to use it. Well, that didn't generate a lot of good feelings. When a company starts promoting early retirement, most people take that as a sign to get out while they still can. And many did. Maybe the idea was that by getting rid of the middle aged and older employees they'd encourage innovation and bring in some young blood. The effect was more like shooting yourself in the foot."

According to the Sony veteran, the middle-aged engineers and technicians that left were the same ones that brought Sony to greatness. They left behind a younger generation that was insecure, afraid of failure, and only willing to work with technology already in place—not build from the ground up.

"What was even worse is that during this period, Korea and Taiwan immediately welcome the exiting Sony techies with open arms. It was better than industrial espionage—Samsung could openly 'buy' the technology that Sony had developed simply by rehiring their best and brightest."

Interesting...

Anyway, it's the insurance part of Sony that keeps Sony afloat. And they're doing good in that dep.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
@ps4hasnogames said:

@Sweenix said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

Sony has been struggling since early 00's maybe even before that.

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

I don't know about last year but the 5 years before that Xbox has made a profit.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Sony is back, in the red. I'm guessing they aren't going to risk making big budget games themselves, they can't afford it anyway specially when their CEO and Executives are taking 50% pay cuts and losing bonuses, that's nuts. It's sad because the PS4 has potential to be a great console too. It's going to be Indie and Remake-station until they get back in making money so they can have gaming budgets.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Sony is back, in the red. I'm guessing they aren't going to risk making big budget games themselves, they can't afford it anyway specially when their CEO and Executives are taking 50% pay cuts and losing bonuses, that's nuts. It's sad because the PS4 has potential to be a great console too. It's going to be Indie and Remake-station until they get back in making money so they can have gaming budgets.

Um what? I hope you are joking.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

That's a shame. Is there Q4 2013 numbers? I remember the PS division did quite well in Q3.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Erm.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

So basically Sony is bleeding money like they have been for some time now!

Ouch either way.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lamprey263

Looking at their package on the website I'm kind of thinking Sony's situation might be improving since it's equity grew by about $1 billion, or at the very least a true showing they're turning things around in ways. In the years it was losing money it was chucking assets and it's debt grew considerably, but looking at the figures now Sony's assets grew from ¥14.2 trillion to ¥15.3 trillion, while it's liabilities went from ¥11.5 trillion to ¥12.5 trillion; it's about a ¥100 billion difference in the growth between the two which comes out to about $1 billion in additional equity. It's marginal in scope but I find this much more desirable news than than last year's celebrated $400 million profit where they only achieved such by selling off $5.5 billion worth of assets, where last year their equity shrank by about $1.3 billion. I mean, I don't know how to look at it, they lost $1.25 billion this year but gained about $1.1 billion in equity, looks like their finally getting close to maybe turning things around for themselves. Maybe they won't have to cut TVs after all.

Their equity in yen last year to last year's US dollar their equity was $23.3 billion dollars, this year it's $27.1 billion dollars, however their equity didn't grow by ¥400 billion in Japan, I'm guessing exchange rates were much different between the two years.

I'm sort of suspicious about their move to turn their TV businesses into a wholly owned subsidiary. After all it would make more sense it they made it a subsidiary, since that end of their business has been losing them billions for years, and by making it a subsidiary they maintain and controlling interest and dilute shares to sell to investor to get capital to finance their TV business... but this is not the case. It makes me question how this move is strategic with a faltering arm of their business. For instance, would a subsidiary be able to borrow money outside their parent company without Sony's bad credit rating hurting things? Or, I'm wondering if this has been part of some creative book cooking to boost it's equity though redundant accounting, such as claiming the assets of the subsidiary as the parent company's assets, all while at the same time claiming the subsidiary and it's assets as an asset to the parent company. Or, in the most cynical case, maybe they're setting up for a potential bankruptcy strategy, by shifting it's debt to the subsidiary it can potentially let it go bankrupt, bail it out for legal costs in it's bankruptcy, acquire the assets of subsidiary in the process, and leave the debt unpaid for good with the defunct subsidiary; I heard of an energy company doing this with it's subsidiaries that racked up debt on court awarded damages and fines for its environmental devastation, all they had to do was file bankruptcy, let the parent company pay for their legal costs which gave them first crack at everything, leaving the subsidiary with no money or assets to pay back it's debt and that was the end of that. Anyhow, that's very cynical thinking, I'd like to think that Sony's on the right track for once, and hope it stays that way.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

@MonsieurX:

Their entertainment and devices division made $8 billion in revenue

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

yikes...

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I fear that Kaz will fall on his sword any day now.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#23 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

I have no Sony stock, so I care about this how?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Well ...****.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Sony is in a freefall and the PS4 can't save it. SCE needs to be a separate company before the issues of the corp begin to effect it. They already expect, no matter how many PS4's they sell, that they will lose $500 million in 2014. Lol, just like people have the What Will Save Xbox One chalkboard, someone needs to do what will save Sony chalkboard. As always, Cow response will be:

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Wow Nintendo won 21.86 billions in profits damn... They should release a new consoles next year with a 7970 for $400...hahaha

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@tormentos said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Wow Nintendo won 21.86 billions in profits damn... They should release a new consoles next year with a 7970 for $400...hahaha

hahaha lol... my mistake. Microsoft :)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tormentos
@shawn30 said:

Sony is in a freefall and the PS4 can't save it. SCE needs to be a separate company before the issues of the corp begin to effect it. They already expect, no matter how many PS4's they sell, that they will lose $500 million in 2014. Lol, just like people have the What Will Save Xbox One chalkboard, someone needs to do what will save Sony chalkboard. As always, Cow response will be:

Did you even read the report.?

900 million of the loss was do in part to the PC section,a section they shaved off so basically come next quarter that would not be there any more.

The game division loss was also mostly attribute to sony online game division on PC.

The company sold 75 billions in dollars no matter what that is a freaking huge quantity of products,they need to keep shaving what doesn't produce and keep what does,like they did with the PC section.

Yet is MS who is cutting kinect,and basically fallowing sony to the smallest detail in hopes of increasing sales,MS xbox division sales were not even discuss in their last fiscal year and no one knows if the division actually make a profit from the gaming division it was hidden..

So yeah that mean losses and there are some big wigs wanting the xbox dead and shave off just like sony PC division,and Bill gates yeah he is ok with that if it happens..lol

If it wasn't for MS windows millions the xbox would be dead already and burry,it has never gave MS true profits.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@tormentos said:
@shawn30 said:

Did you even read the report.?

900 million of the loss was do in part to the PC section,a section they shaved off so basically come next quarter that would not be there any more.

The game division loss was also mostly attribute to sony online game division on PC.

The company sold 75 billions in dollars no matter what that is a freaking huge quantity of products,they need to keep shaving what doesn't produce and keep what does,like they did with the PC section.

Yet is MS who is cutting kinect,and basically fallowing sony to the smallest detail in hopes of increasing sales,MS xbox division sales were not even discuss in their last fiscal year and no one knows if the division actually make a profit from the gaming division it was hidden..

So yeah that mean losses and there are some big wigs wanting the xbox dead and shave off just like sony PC division,and Bill gates yeah he is ok with that if it happens..lol

If it wasn't for MS windows millions the xbox would be dead already and burry,it has never gave MS true profits.

This one report is bad,. but the cumulative effects of 4+ years of massive losses tells the tale of Sony. If its not selling the PC business , its their cell phone business two years ago flopping, or movies flopping, or the PS3 losing every dollar PS1 and 2 ever made, or selling buildings to cover debts, or selling shares in a one time partner Square that helped build the PS brand, or their credit rating falling to junk. Look, I get you need to defend PS at all counts. I get that. But you are trying damage control so hard for this one report, ignoring this report goes on the pile of bad reports for half a decade now. MS is all in with Xbox, hence Phil Spencer being hired and the new CEO saying they have no intent whatsoever to sell Xbox. Couple that with Bill Gates saying he supports whatever the CEO does, meaning Xbox is very safe and ready for war. I didn't mention how well MS is doing as there is no need to. That's a given. I'm not happy or cartwheeling over Sony's misfortunes as behind every sad little Sony fanboy there are thousands of families that will be affected by the thousands of job losses and closings of divisions within SONY. None of that is funny. But since this is a gaming forum and PS is a gaming platform within it we're talking about how bad Sony is doing. You have blinders on in every conceivable way, that's obvious. The longer the losses pile, year after year, you begin to wonder if Sony can get out of this without a bailout, which is looking far less likely. Sony is in deep trouble. Its not good news. Its not funny news. But it is a blunt fact whether you like it or not.

To close, expected and received Cow reaction to the report:

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4863 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

If you take Surface away from the devices division, they are probably profitable, just like Sony's gaming division is probably profitable. Although the vita might be weighting them down still.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5975 Posts

@tormentos:

As usual targeting aspects while ignoring others.

Sony will lose money again in 2014-15 year from selling its PC business.

The fact of the matter is they cutting anything and everything to try and get back on track. This includes all divisions including gaming.

I wouldn't expect much from Sony for the next couple of years at least.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#32 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

I'm surprised Sony has been able to sustain such heavy losses over the past seven years.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Link? The XBox brand has a life time negative, mainly from the first XBox and RROD. But, the division has been turning a profit for several years now.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

oh no! they lost 1.2b yen!

quick! hand kaz fifty bucks so he can balance the books!

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

@Newhopes said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

@Sweenix said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

I don't know about last year but the 5 years before that Xbox has made a profit.

Microsoft may be losing $2 billion a year on the Xbox franchise. The loses are masked by the influx of Android patent royalties (FAT filesystem). Monies from both areas funnel into the Entertainment and Devices Division. -Source

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Nintendo is a game company only & are fine. Sony's PS4 is a strong brand for them. Sony will just stop making things that are losing them money and adjust.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5975 Posts
@skektek said:

@Newhopes said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

@Sweenix said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Microsoft may be losing $2 billion a year on the Xbox franchise. The loses are masked by the influx of Android patent royalties (FAT filesystem). Monies from both areas funnel into the Entertainment and Devices Division. -Source

Analyst Rick Sherlund believes that staggering losses on the Xbox business are being masked by Android royalties.

We using analysis as facts now are we.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:
@skektek said:

@Newhopes said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

@Sweenix said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Analyst Rick Sherlund believes that staggering losses on the Xbox business are being masked by Android royalties.

We using analysis as facts now are we.

No, not per se, that is why I used the operative may. These analysts aren't alone, other high level executives have expressed interest in cutting the Xbox franchise. Obviously this wouldn't even be up for discussion if the division was healthy.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4863 Posts

@clr84651 said:

Nintendo is a game company only & are fine. Sony's PS4 is a strong brand for them. Sony will just stop making things that are losing them money and adjust.

Nintendo isn't fine. They have serious issues financially. Sony can't just stop making things that lose money. Its not that easy or they would have done this 5 years ago. They are really in a tough position. They are basically living check to check and still not able to pay all of their bills. This after selling some of their belongings. Pretty soon, their will be no assets to sell without tougher repercussions. I could offer thoughts suggestions that make sense, but without knowing the real ramifications and most importantly, the human elements, we are just arm chair quarterbacking with no knowledge.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I'm surprised Sony has been able to sustain such heavy losses over the past seven years.

Me too. I want to know how they are securing new credit when their books stink. They have to be giving away shares or selling assets (buildings, etc) at a favorable rate to creditors.

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ZombeGoast
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

After loosing money you would think Sony would make a system that make money on each system sold. But nope just put everything they can on the system and lie their way.

@lhughey:

Nintendo only had their paycheck cut while Sony had to close down studios and layoff thousands of employees. Nintendo financial issue is not serious when you look at Sony as they are worth less than Nintendo. The Wii U isn't loosing money anymore so Mario Kart 8 is going to make them a huge profit.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

MS...Xbox profits are down $1 billion.....r & d costs up. Source...MS.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@StormyJoe said:

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Link? The XBox brand has a life time negative, mainly from the first XBox and RROD. But, the division has been turning a profit for several years now.

They lost money with Xbox and Xbox 360 red ring(first 3 years). After 2008 they been earning profit, and when Kinect was released, then profit WENT TOP and earned massive money.

Just Xbox 360 red ring back in 2007 made HUGE LOSS but now they have recovered everything and making profit. Every xbox one sold is profit, every wii u and ps4 sold is loss.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic

@sts106mat said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

that's to be expected just going into a new console generation though

That doesn't mean much to investors....

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FreedomFreeLife

@LJS9502_basic said:

@sts106mat said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

You lose 500 euros. Now, next 4 year you earn 100 euros profit(4 years).

How big is loss? 100 euros.

Right now Xbox One is making profit. Same thing with Xbox 360. Just Red Ring was huge massive billions loss. Now they making profit and earned more than red ring did to microsoft, it just takes time.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tormentos

@shawn30 said:

This one report is bad,. but the cumulative effects of 4+ years of massive losses tells the tale of Sony. If its not selling the PC business , its their cell phone business two years ago flopping, or movies flopping, or the PS3 losing every dollar PS1 and 2 ever made, or selling buildings to cover debts, or selling shares in a one time partner Square that helped build the PS brand, or their credit rating falling to junk. Look, I get you need to defend PS at all counts. I get that.

But you are trying damage control so hard for this one report, ignoring this report goes on the pile of bad reports for half a decade now. MS is all in with Xbox, hence Phil Spencer being hired and the new CEO saying they have no intent whatsoever to sell Xbox.Couple that with Bill Gates saying he supports whatever the CEO does, meaning Xbox is very safe and ready for war.

I didn't mention how well MS is doing as there is no need to. That's a given. I'm not happy or cartwheeling over Sony's misfortunes as behind every sad little Sony fanboy there are thousands of families that will be affected by the thousands of job losses and closings of divisions within SONY. None of that is funny. But since this is a gaming forum and PS is a gaming platform within it we're talking about how bad Sony is doing. You have blinders on in every conceivable way, that's obvious. The longer the losses pile, year after year, you begin to wonder if Sony can get out of this without a bailout, which is looking far less likely. Sony is in deep trouble. Its not good news. Its not funny news. But it is a blunt fact whether you like it or not.

To close, expected and received Cow reaction to the report:

So basically your argument is base around bullsh**.?

The xbox is read for war what an idiot,the only fu**ing thing missing to be a PS4 is the power and saying PS4 on the damn box,they are so clueless about how to make the xbox one sell that they are desperate trying what ever they can to spark sales,the xbox one was already been sold for $449 with Titanfall that is $10 cheaper than a PS4 with 1 game and still they got outsold in US and world wide to.

You mean the same Phill spencer who swear to god that the xbox one would not be sold without Kinect .?

Yeah you can trust that guy...hahaha

Considering that you are the same buffoon who try to argue that MS would win because of its billions i find funny that you are even talking about this,MS has loss 2 generations in a row the wii won last gen and the one before that by sony,this one they are losing already,billions don't warranty you success,look at Bing,windows phones and tablets all been owned hard by google and even apple..

For ever windows tablet sold Apple sell 17 and Android like 37,is not much better in the phone market 187 million android phones sold last quarter vs 13 million windows ones,hell i think sony sold inside android more than 13 million phones and sony is one of the least selling brands phone wise..lol

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/02/05/investors-want-microsofts-new-ceo-to-kill-xbox-bing-and-surface/

Do you think that is a joke.? Is not investors want Bing,suface and xbox gone,bing alone loss MS more money than the PS3 loss sony..

http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/20/technology/microsoft_bing/index.htm?iid=EL

As 2011 they already loss 9 billions on Bing, alone again thank god for windows,because if not between Bing and the xbox brand MS has loss 16+ billion dollars since 2001 when the xbox was born and 2007 where Bing was..

MS may produce allot of cash but no matter how you slice it those 16 billions were better on the pockets of investors than loss,and i am sure investors know that,which is the reason why they want MS to focus on windows.

Because one day your up the next you don't and there is already an OS out there which has a dominance as strong as windows,and people are not getting charge $100 for it.

Hell even if the worst case scenario happen the will would more than a few buyers out there willing to pick the PS brand from sony,which mean the brand would still be alive and MS would still be carrying a losing brand..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tormentos

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

They are a big company they still move 75 billion dollars in products that's allot of cash even that they are getting the short end of the stick whit to profits..

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@sts106mat said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@sts106mat said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

if they are investors, they probably know enough about how business works and what to expect.

If you're going to pretend to discuss business and investors then you should know that they don't like waiting for a pay off. And for a few years now the investors have been against the gaming division...ie xbox brand. Which impacts decisions. Which may impact your gaming. Period. Don't post about Sony/Nintendo business problems without allowing MS has them as well. In the last few years they've closed divisions and laid people off as well. Take off those rose colored glasses dude.....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LJS9502_basic

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

You lose 500 euros. Now, next 4 year you earn 100 euros profit(4 years).

How big is loss? 100 euros.

Right now Xbox One is making profit. Same thing with Xbox 360. Just Red Ring was huge massive billions loss. Now they making profit and earned more than red ring did to microsoft, it just takes time.

Is the X1 making a profit? They have been dropping prices and including software. They may have been at a profit point with the initial cost but they do have to pay for the R & D and manufacturing. Dropping prices doesn't help.

Anyway your example is very simple and naive and not what my post was about.