Sony Delays DriveClub PS+ Indefinitely

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

in other words, "GREATNESS AWAITS"

no, its actually, "GREATNESS AWAITS...INDEFINITELY"

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Those killer PS4 exclusives keep on delivering lol. No need to worry cows since if you ever need a good racing fix you can just watch a video of Forza Horizon 2.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

what a mess lol

RIP evolution and thank you for killing sony momentum!

well done!! now GTFO this industrie

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#104 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

What a failure of a game.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

same old sony. what a fucking mess.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#106 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

This is great news, now more people will be saved from playing another shitty racer.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@donalbane said:

Wow. That's pretty bad. It would get about a million times more flack if it had happened on Xbox One, though.

Search your feelings... you know it to be true.

If this crap happened on the XB1, there would already be 20-25 pages in this thread right about now. Because this happened on the PS4, most Cow & Hermits will avoid this thread like the plague or will make one smartass comment and vanish.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@blackace said:
@donalbane said:

Wow. That's pretty bad. It would get about a million times more flack if it had happened on Xbox One, though.

Search your feelings... you know it to be true.

If this crap happened on the XB1, there would already be 20-25 pages in this thread right about now. Because this happened on the PS4, most Cow & Hermits will avoid this thread like the plague or will make one smartass comment and vanish.

And what the hell is with cows pleading with you to make positive threads and focus on Xbox? I think they are cracking under pressure. lol.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#109  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@AzatiS: Really? I was never interested in playing tr game? I never even considered it? I am jumping on the bandwagon? Are you me? Are you privy to my thoughts? No? Then you can't know. Shut up about what I did and did not want.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/driveclub-okay-im-a-fan-31498648/

Seriously, shut the hell up, dude.

Sure charizard , want me to find all the bashing topics/posts you did/doing against Sony now ? Its too easy to do that. Just stop being a politic style gamer. Bashing , bashing ,bashing in a diplomatic way all the time. Say it as it is and move on. You acting like you missing the best experience on PS+ and you keep bashing it like how many days now ? Move on... Go to play Wii U

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 AzatiS

@tymeservesfate said:

@AzatiS said:

@charizard1605: You hypocrite , why to get mad over a game you were laughing about its score few days back ? Its not that youll ever play it ..no , its not that youll ever think to even try it once in the first place.

Ok ... your time will come soon , be reaaady sheep . Just be ready all im saying.

jesus cows, take it easy. even throwing vague threats at the guy for posting some news you don't like. take it easy.

Im a hermit , not a cow ! I couldnt care less about PS+ let alone the king of flops !

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#111 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@AzatiS: Seriously, dude. You've been proven wrong. Shut up. You're as bad as nintendoboy with your bullshit persecution complex.

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 BruceBenzing
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

@CanYouDiglt said:

Those killer PS4 exclusives keep on delivering lol. No need to worry cows since if you ever need a good racing fix you can just watch a video of Forza Horizon 2.

Especially on the YouTube app from update 2.0. Just don't put it in Rest Mode....

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Lol. They released a retail version you can buy and had all kinds of problems. But the free version is on hold? Why did they not release the free version as like a beta test so if it had problems at least it was free and release retail once all issues were worked out?

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

That's a shame. It didn't seem like a great game though. It doesn't bother me as I'm not a big racing fan. I'll be happy to stick with Need For Speed: Rivals which I should get back to soon.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By AzatiS

@charizard1605 said:

@AzatiS: Seriously, dude. You've been proven wrong. Shut up. You're as bad as nintendoboy with your bullshit persecution complex.

Thats my line

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lololololol

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

Ouch. Probably the last game Evolution makes for Sony. What a disaster.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

soooo... I haven't really followed this, what exactly happened that was so disasterous?

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#119 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

The game should had been cancelled as soon as Sony saw there was trouble, then put the team on making a quick free version of Wipeout.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#120 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

kendonguyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 kendonguyen
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Wait is the PS+ edition of Driveclub free for PS+? Because I saw today it was selling for $40 for PS+. Have a good day y'all!!!!;)

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Made by gamers, for gamers....Greatness Awaits....and now.... We would like to thank you for spending your hard earned $400 on our console. Unfortunately we cannot supply you with any games to play on your system at this time. But please, by all means feel free to watch BluRay movies and listen to music. Check back in mid 2015 to see if there will be any games available!!

I just don't get how Sony keeps roping all of you fanboys in! The are a shit company living on a reputation that was formed with the PS2. The PS3 was garbage and so is the PS4!!

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

The flop keeps on flopping. I can't believe they charge for PSN no.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@blackace said:
@Heil68 said:

I guess a lot of people bought the full game? lol

LOL!! No. I'm sure a lot of people are selling them now. I feel bad for the foolish gamers who bought the digital version. No PS+ version, no buy. By the time the PS+ version is released, Forza 6 and GT7 will be out and no one will even care about the game.

YUP. I see friends playing it on my friends list. Makes sense since SONY is current gen 8 console leader with the fastest selling, most powerful console in video game history.

It's on EVO too, SONY is trying their best to Live, LEarn and Love and by gosh they are.

Beat128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Beat128
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts

Theres no excuse for how bad they messed up all they had to do is do a real Beta test . Sorry say but someone is going lose there job over this or just plain close

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

@Phazevariance said:

soooo... I haven't really followed this, what exactly happened that was so disasterous?

Cows said Driveclub was going to pwn Forza Horizon 2...

instead, Driveclub pwned the cows.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 CanYouDiglt

The funny thing is the PS4's next big exclusive The Order looks like another Driveclub nice graphics wrapped around a turd of a game.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@CanYouDiglt: cows don't play games. They play 1080p 60fps and sales.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Poor evo. Studio will get closed most likely :( And it's a shame because that engine they made for car games has a shit load of potential. Motorstorm with those weather effects and thunder/lightning. My God, they should have just made that game.

I hope they don't get shut down, I don't want all those people losing their jobs :/

Same. It's quite a bad situation. The game is a solid racer though. Actually getting on a track and driving is brilliant. The controls are some of the best in arcade racers tbh. And the tracks are designed amazingly well. If it had say 120 cars, a few more tracks, a working online and weather/photo mode/replay mode at launch, it would have been a successful game.

Yeah, from what I hear, when it works, it's actually not a bad game at all. It's not the best game on the market in its genre, but it's pretty damn good. Plus the graphics tech is amazing, and it's clear Evolution has some pretty talented people working there.

I mean, I'd understand if Sony cut the budget of their next game or something, but to shut them down would be so terrible. Especially since, with the shutting down of Sony Liverpool as well, their only racing franchise would be Gran Turismo, and **** that shit.

The game is basically NFS Shift without any of the content.

freakinFreddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 freakinFreddy
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

Wow what a train reck :(

thr1llh0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By thr1llh0us
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

@slantedandencha said:

so did this game ever become superior to Forza Horizon 2? LOL

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

@mbrockway said:

@charizard1605 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Poor evo. Studio will get closed most likely :( And it's a shame because that engine they made for car games has a shit load of potential. Motorstorm with those weather effects and thunder/lightning. My God, they should have just made that game.

I hope they don't get shut down, I don't want all those people losing their jobs :/

Same. It's quite a bad situation. The game is a solid racer though. Actually getting on a track and driving is brilliant. The controls are some of the best in arcade racers tbh. And the tracks are designed amazingly well. If it had say 120 cars, a few more tracks, a working online and weather/photo mode/replay mode at launch, it would have been a successful game.

Yeah, from what I hear, when it works, it's actually not a bad game at all. It's not the best game on the market in its genre, but it's pretty damn good. Plus the graphics tech is amazing, and it's clear Evolution has some pretty talented people working there.

I mean, I'd understand if Sony cut the budget of their next game or something, but to shut them down would be so terrible. Especially since, with the shutting down of Sony Liverpool as well, their only racing franchise would be Gran Turismo, and **** that shit.

The game is basically NFS Shift without any of the content.

Sorry I own both NFS shift 1 + 2 and driveclub. They are nothing alike. NFS graphic is shit but gameplay is good. Driveclub in the other hand some tracks and landscape scenes are breathtaking that i got caught staring and spinned out of control. The driving has a simplistic feel and is smooth. They wanted us to focus on our driving skills using same to similar cars and not against hardcore tweakers. It's pretty competitive this way if you think about it. I can understand the frustration with the DC server still broken and hasn't improved one bit. It looks the same since day 1. Evolution should hire top notch managers, network engineers, and programmers to come in and fix all these messes. It has so much potential of being a very good online arcade racing game if they can get the server fully fixed. I already wrote them a letter telling them to implement an update that allow players to host the lobby for redundancy. We shall see if they will take it into consideration.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
Loading Video...

@iwasgood2u: I think you have your Sony blinders on, NFS Shift was beautiful, frenetic, and fun. This is pc, but its also running on a graphics card like 3 gens old. My 4 year old laptop has a 4850 in it.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

@mbrockway: my bad I didnt mean to bash on the pc version. I was referring to the ps3 version I owned. I only have nfs underground for pc and graphics was actually good on highest settings. I never doubt pc graphics. Understand that consoles are limited to one graphic card and cant be upgraded like a pc. consoles should have a time exclusive deal with nvidia and ati to make the fastest and powerful card that is good for 2 years before releasing anything better on pc. This would help attract more gamers to consoles. I am a pc gamer first started off as one then nintendo ps2 ps3 now ps4. Pc advantage is the upgrades while consoles are limited to whats preinstalled. I prefer consoles to avoid any incompatibility issues, crashes, and headaches. Keeping it simple is the way to go.

I dont think many people wanna spend hours on their pc fixing crashes and errors for a new game.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I just wanted to check it out because cows hyped it so much and I like graphics ( the gifs made the game look amazing ) turned out not to be the case unfortunately. And I was waiting for a reason to purchase PS+, so I figured this would be a good reason and then the monthly free games they provide ( which have been crap also ) I would get my money's worth. Turns out I haven't used PS+ once since I bought it.

Fair enough.

People on NeoGAF are reporting they were able to get refunds in your situation, so I would try calling up Sony and seeing what's up there.

@scottpsfan14 said:

I think some changes will be made at Evo studios at least. Maybe some for the better, some for the worst. Funds will be cut back at least as you say, but I hope they still bring out the weather patch. It looks super immersive.

If they can't fix the online soon though, that will totally kill their vision of the game. And that's a huge shame. It's never good to see people out of work, and especially in a profession like game development which was likely their dream and not just a 9-5 job.

I agree, I'm hoping that they get this game completed with all the promised content soon enough too, but my assumption is right now they just want to get it to work, everything else can take a back seat. But yeah, that weather patch for example, whoo boy, I would love for that to actually release.

From what I am understanding, the issue with DriveClub isn't a PSN wide issue, it's an issue with Evo's netcode for the game, which is completely messed up. Which baffles me, because when you're developing a game that is as centered around the online social experience as DriveClub is, you'd think you'd catch issues with such a fundamental part of how it works.

Makes one wonder why team ICO is still around? They haven't even released a game in over a generation.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Makes one wonder why team ICO is still around? They haven't even released a game in over a generation.

I think Team ICO are still on making The Last Guardian. They most likely were on making it for the PS3 and then the PS4 specs were being spread. So they thought it might be worth holding off for a next gen version. Probably the same game they had in mind for the PS3, but with a next gen vision so to speak.

Still doesn't make sense why they are around when Sony has laid off staff in plenty of their western studios. If anything Team ICO has the worst record of any studios at the moment.

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

"For the gamers."

lol.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 CanYouDiglt
@zeeshanhaider said:

@charizard1605 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I just wanted to check it out because cows hyped it so much and I like graphics ( the gifs made the game look amazing ) turned out not to be the case unfortunately. And I was waiting for a reason to purchase PS+, so I figured this would be a good reason and then the monthly free games they provide ( which have been crap also ) I would get my money's worth. Turns out I haven't used PS+ once since I bought it.

Fair enough.

People on NeoGAF are reporting they were able to get refunds in your situation, so I would try calling up Sony and seeing what's up there.

@scottpsfan14 said:

I think some changes will be made at Evo studios at least. Maybe some for the better, some for the worst. Funds will be cut back at least as you say, but I hope they still bring out the weather patch. It looks super immersive.

If they can't fix the online soon though, that will totally kill their vision of the game. And that's a huge shame. It's never good to see people out of work, and especially in a profession like game development which was likely their dream and not just a 9-5 job.

I agree, I'm hoping that they get this game completed with all the promised content soon enough too, but my assumption is right now they just want to get it to work, everything else can take a back seat. But yeah, that weather patch for example, whoo boy, I would love for that to actually release.

From what I am understanding, the issue with DriveClub isn't a PSN wide issue, it's an issue with Evo's netcode for the game, which is completely messed up. Which baffles me, because when you're developing a game that is as centered around the online social experience as DriveClub is, you'd think you'd catch issues with such a fundamental part of how it works.

Ya it is crazy. It has been 9 years since there last new release. Crazy all the employees being paid for 9 years without putting out anything new. It is not even like they have a huge amount of games before that since there was only 2 games that they made.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 zeeshanhaider

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

I think Team ICO are still on making The Last Guardian. They most likely were on making it for the PS3 and then the PS4 specs were being spread. So they thought it might be worth holding off for a next gen version. Probably the same game they had in mind for the PS3, but with a next gen vision so to speak.

Still doesn't make sense why they are around when Sony has laid off staff in plenty of their western studios. If anything Team ICO has the worst record of any studios at the moment.

They released 2 games 2 gens ago. Both highly rated. If by worst records you mean prolificness, then I agree. Otherwise, they made 2 great games.

Exactly, 2 freaking gens ago.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Hopefully all issues will be fixed soon !!

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Shuhei Yoshida - class act.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#145 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

That's a shame. I really wanted to try it out on the PS+ and with all the issues it prevents me from wanting to drop $60 on the full game.

Hopefully they will iron it all out and get it out in time before everyone loses complete interest.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

LOL complete disaster. Well done Sony