Sony Delays DriveClub PS+ Indefinitely

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Message from Shuhei Yoshida - President of World Wide Studios

Hi everyone,

I wanted to provide you with the latest update on DRIVECLUB. Unfortunately, the road to launch has been a little rocky, and we are truly sorry that so many of you have not been able to enjoy everything that we had hoped DRIVECLUB would deliver.

We have been listening to your feedback and realize that patience understandably is running out. Evo is working around the clock to close the gap, and we have deployed additional engineering resources to help resolve the remaining issues as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the time frames required to roll out the fully connected experience will be longer than anticipated and we do not have an exact time frame for when they will be resolved. We will continue to update you on progress and you can find the latest info on the DRIVECLUB Facebook page.

We are also very conscious that we have disappointed so many of you who were looking forward to playing the promised PS Plus Edition. Our first priority is to provide you with the best possible experience while playing DRIVECLUB. With the high volume of new players and additional server load the PS Plus Edition is anticipated to bring, we are currently not confident that we can guarantee the best online experience. Until we can ensure that everyone can enjoy the full social connected online experience, we will be postponing the release of the PS Plus Edition until further notice.

On behalf of WWS we are enormously grateful for your patience and we thank you for the continued support and encouragement. Again, we sincerely apologize for the delay. We are committed to giving you the best racing experience on PS4 – it’s taking a little longer than we hoped.

Thanks,

Shu

As always, Shu sounds candid and sincere, so I'm not gonna get too mad (not at him anyway), but yes, what a clusterfuck. And I also wish Sony had, you know, told us this earlier than a month after the game's launch.

Ah well.

SOURCE

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

What a ginormous clusterfuck.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

LOL PS+. LOL Cows. LOL PISS4. LOL5club

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

I guess a lot of people bought the full game? lol

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Thanks Obama!

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Unbelievable

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@charizard1605: You don't need a Facebook account to view that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68 said:

I guess a lot of people bought the full game? lol

Well, they spent $60 on it, it's just unsure how much of those $60 actually went towards a game, given that DriveClub seems to be so non functional, Yoshida had to issue a statement.

Avatar image for slantedandencha
slantedandencha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 slantedandencha
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts

so did this game ever become superior to Forza Horizon 2? LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@mikhail said:

Alright, they must have changed that, I remember you used to need Facebook accounts to view Facebook pages.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll edit that out.

@scottpsfan14 said:

Poor evo. Studio will get closed most likely :( And it's a shame because that engine they made for car games has a shit load of potential. Motorstorm with those weather effects and thunder/lightning. My God, they should have just made that game.

I hope they don't get shut down, I don't want all those people losing their jobs :/

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@mikhail said:

Alright, they must have changed that, I remember you used to need Facebook accounts to view Facebook pages.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll edit that out.

@scottpsfan14 said:

Poor evo. Studio will get closed most likely :( And it's a shame because that engine they made for car games has a shit load of potential. Motorstorm with those weather effects and thunder/lightning. My God, they should have just made that game.

I hope they don't get shut down, I don't want all those people losing their jobs :/

This will most def get shut down. I dont think SONY would fund them after this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68 said:

It's a little unfair, though. Yeah, DriveClub is an unmitigated disaster (I won't mince words here), but I mean, Evolution have such a long history of awesome games before this.

Man, they should have just stuck to MotorStorm...

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

If they tried all this online stuff with Motorstorm it would have been just as broken

Evolution Studios might as well put the place up for sale now. Theres no way in hell they survive this. NOBODY will ever buy a game they produce again

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@scottpsfan14 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Same. It's quite a bad situation. The game is a solid racer though. Actually getting on a track and driving is brilliant. The controls are some of the best in arcade racers tbh. And the tracks are designed amazingly well. If it had say 120 cars, a few more tracks, a working online and weather/photo mode/replay mode at launch, it would have been a successful game.

Yeah, from what I hear, when it works, it's actually not a bad game at all. It's not the best game on the market in its genre, but it's pretty damn good. Plus the graphics tech is amazing, and it's clear Evolution has some pretty talented people working there.

I mean, I'd understand if Sony cut the budget of their next game or something, but to shut them down would be so terrible. Especially since, with the shutting down of Sony Liverpool as well, their only racing franchise would be Gran Turismo, and **** that shit.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I want my money back for PS+...I bought it for this crap game because you know Sony said there would be a free version.....and since they lied, I have a right to get my money back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@chikenfriedrice said:

I want my money back for PS+...I bought it for this crap game because you know Sony said there would be a free version.....and since they lied, I have a right to get my money back.

I mean, I understand, but I have a question- why would you pay $50 to get a toned down, pared back version of the game, instead of just paying another $10 and, you know, getting the full game?

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Not been a good few weeks for the PS camp really ...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Bwahahaha. I remember six months ago I said I said I hope the PS+ version never releases, man, I cursed the PS+ version! hahaha.

I feel bad for the team a bit (I hope they don't get closed down, even though I'm not an Evo fan) and I feel bad for those looking forward to that version, but I don't care for racers so I'm completely unaffected. Motorstorm was cool for what it was way back when I could tolerate a tiny bit of non-serious racing games (Mario Kart, Motorstorm, Crash Team Racing, etc)

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Ironically....the ppl I've talked to on another forum said a few days ago, when Destiny was fucking up....that Driveclub was actually working.

TWIST!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Not been a good few weeks for the PS camp really ...

Especially PSN. Sony is fucking PSN so badly. It's even worse because you need to pay to access it with PS4.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chikenfriedrice

@charizard1605 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I mean, I understand, but I have a question- why would you pay $50 to get a toned down, pared back version of the game, instead of just paying another $10 and, you know, getting the full game?

I just wanted to check it out because cows hyped it so much and I like graphics ( the gifs made the game look amazing ) turned out not to be the case unfortunately. And I was waiting for a reason to purchase PS+, so I figured this would be a good reason and then the monthly free games they provide ( which have been crap also ) I would get my money's worth. Turns out I haven't used PS+ once since I bought it.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

indeed. I don't think they are gonna survive this one. Other Sony studios have been shut down for less... But I hope they survive because I want a new MotorStorm game. That series was so much fun and with PS4's capabilities I can only imagine the crazy stuff they could pull off.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Not surprising.

Somebody screwed up internally at Evo to not have been able to catch this mess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@chikenfriedrice said:

I just wanted to check it out because cows hyped it so much and I like graphics ( the gifs made the game look amazing ) turned out not to be the case unfortunately. And I was waiting for a reason to purchase PS+, so I figured this would be a good reason and then the monthly free games they provide ( which have been crap also ) I would get my money's worth. Turns out I haven't used PS+ once since I bought it.

Fair enough.

People on NeoGAF are reporting they were able to get refunds in your situation, so I would try calling up Sony and seeing what's up there.

@scottpsfan14 said:

I think some changes will be made at Evo studios at least. Maybe some for the better, some for the worst. Funds will be cut back at least as you say, but I hope they still bring out the weather patch. It looks super immersive.

If they can't fix the online soon though, that will totally kill their vision of the game. And that's a huge shame. It's never good to see people out of work, and especially in a profession like game development which was likely their dream and not just a 9-5 job.

I agree, I'm hoping that they get this game completed with all the promised content soon enough too, but my assumption is right now they just want to get it to work, everything else can take a back seat. But yeah, that weather patch for example, whoo boy, I would love for that to actually release.

From what I am understanding, the issue with DriveClub isn't a PSN wide issue, it's an issue with Evo's netcode for the game, which is completely messed up. Which baffles me, because when you're developing a game that is as centered around the online social experience as DriveClub is, you'd think you'd catch issues with such a fundamental part of how it works.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

What is it with this game?

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

I can now honestly say I believe this is worse then the BF4 launch. I really believe that drive club is showing exactly what the sony brand is.. Trying to cut corners and costs everywhere possible. The internals of the machine are fine and dandy, but from the very get go you could tell this console was made from cheap ass materials, the plastic is straight up out of china material you would expect on boot legged electronics, not from the actual company. Complete shit controllers where I had the rubber on the thumb sticks start to fall of on two of them. Sony of course wouldn't do anything about it. The PSN servers are a complete joke, maintenance takes the sony team of engineers hours, sometimes almost a full day of keeping the network down, patches making some of the network features and consoles completely useless.

I was one of the biggest sony fans through the ps1, ps2 and ps3. Great consoles, great games, and now all Sony has to show for it is the stupidity of the common consumer. I was one of them, i purchased the console at launch with high hopes of drive club and killzone.. Well killzone was the most bland shooter I have ever played and I just couldn't keep the console long enough to wait for drive club.

What an embarrassment Sony has become. Good for you, you have a shit ton of console's sold through the pipe line.. All your software is a joke.

I'm a former sony fan boy pretty pissed off to see how far gone that company is.

Now let's all sit here and wait for that fat bitch tormento's to come defend his precious piece of plastic.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

What a complete joke.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

This game was supposed to be the best racing game that was supposed to make even hermits cry...

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chikenfriedrice

@charizard1605: Yeah might have not been the best decision I've ever made but if they just released it like they said, I wouldn't have a complaint.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 chikenfriedrice

@scottpsfan14 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@charizard1605 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Graphically it's stunning. Every bit as good as the gifs show. The problems are the online and the content.

I'll never know :P

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

i can only imagine if this game was actually released as a launch title has planned originally.

11 month delay.................for this. lol

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44943 Posts

aka charizard gives SW another chance to bash Sony lol

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Shame, I was looking forward to trying it.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

TCHBO Sony telling you guys lies as always.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@scottpsfan14 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I think some changes will be made at Evo studios at least. Maybe some for the better, some for the worst. Funds will be cut back at least as you say, but I hope they still bring out the weather patch. It looks super immersive.

If they can't fix the online soon though, that will totally kill their vision of the game. And that's a huge shame. It's never good to see people out of work, and especially in a profession like game development which was likely their dream and not just a 9-5 job.

I agree, I'm hoping that they get this game completed with all the promised content soon enough too, but my assumption is right now they just want to get it to work, everything else can take a back seat. But yeah, that weather patch for example, whoo boy, I would love for that to actually release.

From what I am understanding, the issue with DriveClub isn't a PSN wide issue, it's an issue with Evo's netcode for the game, which is completely messed up. Which baffles me, because when you're developing a game that is as centered around the online social experience as DriveClub is, you'd think you'd catch issues with such a fundamental part of how it works.

The game was in dev hell. It's just no one could call what a shitfest it would turn out to be. They screwed up in many aspects of this game. They needed another year tbh which sounds stupid considering they trademarked the name "DriveClub" a decade ago (you can go check it online). A game in dev hell never releases smoothly. But as you say, screwing up netcode on your own end for an online racer is just one of the fallouts of development hell. They just screwed up big time is all. On the face of the gen leader too. Spooky stuff is about to happen at Evo studios :(

Yeah, I know they originally conceived of this game back in the PS2 era haha.

Well... I don't know, I mean, I guess Sony has shut down studios for much less before, but I really don't want Evo to lose their jobs because of this, especially since these guys actually seem passionate about what they do, about the products they make, and their community.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

aka charizard gives SW another chance to bash Sony lol

Read through the thread before you make a fool of yourself.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Heil68 said:

It's a little unfair, though. Yeah, DriveClub is an unmitigated disaster (I won't mince words here), but I mean, Evolution have such a long history of awesome games before this.

Man, they should have just stuck to MotorStorm...

It sucks that people are probably going to lose their jobs over this but- This is a monumental **** up. Someone's got to be held accountable. If not then it happens again. Personally, I really didn't like Motorstorm and I love racers..It's kind of sad that they didn't have the chops to handle this, but it's situations like this that show who's got it and who doesn't.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Dang Sony... For the gamers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@heretrix: I mean, yeah, in a corporate world, in a professional world, when you do something stupid, you pay the price for it, and I imagine that's what will happen here (especially given how trigger happy Sony is with its studios), but... yeah, i wish it didn't happen :/