Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8491 Posts
@adsparky said:

Aisde from the usual fanboyism, do you think they're trying to use Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding to promote Decima Engine?

Nope. Because Decima is light years behind modern engines in terms of developer tools.

@subspecies said:
@Pedro said:
@subspecies said:

Welp, don't get too comfortable herms. Sony just confirmed that porting exclusives to PC will not be the rule going forward.

Sure. LMAO. They are just trying to calm the fanboys from the inevitable.

Nah, really. They just said they won't be porting all exclusives, in other words confirming their position on exclusives in general.

And the praying has begun!

Just to rub more salt on the wounds: Jason Schreier said with the leak that it's just one of the many. :D

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#52 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10490 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

Found this game a little dull if I'm being honest. Didn't get through it. Maybe I'll return, but it's not a great gain for PC. Already has better.

i think as far as that style of game goes - third person open world with side quests - it's better than anything out there. what would you say is better?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

Hey this is cool. By the way, who doubted it?

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

Cows don't even want to jump in here...lmfao.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56248 Posts

@subspecies said:

Welp, don't get too comfortable herms. Sony just confirmed that porting exclusives to PC will not be the rule going forward.

Its not like I expect all of Sony games to be ported to PC, mind you. I don't intend to see Spider-Man PS4, or even Infamous: Second Son come to PC. Horizon & Death Stranding just happens to be the one's coming to PC because they use the same Engine in order to be ported for PC.

@Pedro said:

I would say its easier to port in general since they are all working on the same architecture. The move to x86 and AMD as the hardware provider has normalized the playing field which is a win for gamers.

Oh I agree. Unless there's license agreements involving what can be ported or not is going to be a factor moving forward.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I hope there will be cool mods for this game. Otherwise I have no incentive to buy it again on PC since I have already 100%ed the game.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

Smart to bring some of their exclusives to PC. In past, a great studio that makes great games can find themselves on chopping block when their projects don't achieve desired results. Extra money from PC sales helps ensure viability in long term. Wish maybe Sony had this mindset with regard to Sony Liverpool or Evolution, but I guess those were the mistakes they learned from. I'm guessing too with PS5 means building userbase from scratch, means next games might not sell as well at beginning, so in way, it's planning ahead until PS5 has more potential game buyers.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7265 Posts

Very interesting to see how well this sells on pc. It was a great game in my opinion and definitely recommend it.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Nice. Time to finally play this game with the proper framerate.

dude_sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 dude_sh
Member since 2019 • 47 Posts

The only sony games i want are the spiderman games (the ps4 one and the sequel for the ps5.)

but this one also looks ok.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

I am very happy it is coming to PC. It is a game I always wanted to play but did not want to play on console as I much prefer playing any game on PC. I hope more come as well in the coming years.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

“Only on PlayStation” means nothing now.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Interesting.

They like to call themselves the "master race" and here they are celebrating getting a game from the "peasants" as they like to say, I think you hermits may need to re-evaluate your way of thinking as it is the other way around lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39278 Posts

Not sure why this game is getting any attention. Such a shallow experience.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@davillain- said:
@subspecies said:

Its not like I expect all of Sony games to be ported to PC, mind you. I don't intend to see Spider-Man PS4, or even Infamous: Second Son come to PC. Horizon & Death Stranding just happens to be the one's coming to PC because they use the same Engine in order to be ported for PC.

@Pedro said:

I would say its easier to port in general since they are all working on the same architecture. The move to x86 and AMD as the hardware provider has normalized the playing field which is a win for gamers.

Oh I agree. Unless there's license agreements involving what can be ported or not is going to be a factor moving forward.

so you think Sony just released an AAA exluaive title because of an engine ? man they want money !! it's not hard to see that the whole ecosystem is changing.... Zelda BOTW is a godd example that keeping an IP exclusive for a long time won't be profitable.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#66 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Straight to the top of my wishlist.

Ya know, I think I've learned my lessen. Sonic 3 & Knuckles was the only Sega Megadrive game I cared about, and it later came to the PC. SoulCalibur was the only PS2 game I cared about, and then SoulCalibur VI came to the PC. And now the only PS4 game to stoke even a little temptation in me to buy a console has come to PC as well.

Lesson learned: be patient and wait long enough, and eventually every console games I'm most interested in will eventually drift to the shores of my beachfront house on the coast of the United Federation of PC Gaming.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18801 Posts

@subspecies: "Nah, really. They just said they won't be porting all exclusives, in other words confirming their position on exclusives in general."

lol

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

neat, don't really find the game worth double dipping

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59108 Posts

Imagine this acting at 4k with two Geforces.

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56248 Posts

Curios to know what the specs would be now? I be surprise if the game itself will be almost on par with Witcher 3.

@the_master_race said:

so you think Sony just released an AAA exluaive title because of an engine ? man they want money !! it's not hard to see that the whole ecosystem is changing.... Zelda BOTW is a godd example that keeping an IP exclusive for a long time won't be profitable.

Hard to tell what Sony wants to do. The way this is going, it seems they know exclusives won't be enough when they launch PS5 this year. If this is the case, let fear get to Sony lol.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#71 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59108 Posts

@davillain- said:

Curios to know what the specs would be now? I be surprise if the game itself will be almost on par with Witcher 3.

Optimized primarily for PS4 hardware, this would be very surprising.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Sweet. I never played Frozen Wilds so this might lure me back in. Really enjoyed this game

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

This literally deletes Console's only Digital Foundry win (one year out of 8).

Imagine anyone here saying PC is not/was not GFX King for Gen 8.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@subspecies said:

Only the ones worth playing. Lmao!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46466 Posts

@subspecies: Sony is saying they won't start supporting PC while at the same time announcing one of their biggest console exclusives as coming to PC, thus supporting it.

Kind of a confusing message going on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Should be pretty clear. Once an exclusive has sold millions upon millions to PS gamers, and they've had their fun, Sony picks one here and there to toss over to begging PC gamers to make that extra $$$.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8491 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Interesting.

They like to call themselves the "master race" and here they are celebrating getting a game from the "peasants" as they like to say, I think you hermits may need to re-evaluate your way of thinking as it is the other way around lol.

Rubbing it in the face is not the same as celebrating or caring about. But I can understand all the insecurity and the need for self assurance from consolites and cows in particular.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Dagubot

@subspecies said:

@R4gn4r0k: Should be pretty clear. Once an exclusive has sold millions upon millions to PS gamers, Sony picks one here and there to toss over to begging PC gamers to make that extra $$$.

Works for me; gonna be playing the superior version now with higher frames, ultrawide goodness, and much more 😉

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@davillain- said:

@the_master_race said:

Hard to tell what Sony wants to do. The way this is going, it seems they know exclusives won't be enough when they launch PS5 this year. If this is the case, let fear get to Sony lol.

something tells me that TLOU or Bloodborne are the next exclusives that will hit steam , betcha ND and Fromsoftware won't stand down while Sony giving Guerilla a free pass

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@dagubot: Well, have fun with it. It's a great game. :)

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Dagubot

@subspecies said:

@dagubot: Well, have fun with it. It's a great game. :)

One of my favorite games of all time on the Playstation when I played it on my Pro, before selling the console. Right behind God of War. Looking forward to double dipping.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Black96Z  Online
Member since 2007 • 959 Posts

I think it would be great if Sony was to enhance this for the PS5. 4K and locked 60fps!

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts
@the_master_race said:
@davillain- said:

@the_master_race said:

something tells me that TLOU or Bloodborne are the next exclusives that will hit steam , betcha ND and Fromsoftware won't stand down while Sony giving Guerilla a free pass

I hope Bloodborne is next. For Sony this does probably confirm that HZD2 is soon either at launch or that first year window of ps5. Ofcourse the market targ line will be "you saw what you were missing with the first game now continue the story with ps5". It will be interesting to see if that becomes a strategy or not.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20135 Posts

Bring it on!

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

lol that guy is probably one of the ponies that post here. :D

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#88 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17451 Posts

Just bought the complete edition on Amazon for $9.99, time to sell and preorder the superior version. 60+ fps is going to be glorious for this game.

I've been trying to play Horizon and Spiderman on Pro but the 30fps after playing on pc is tough to do. Even tried using motion smoothing on the TV but the artifacts are also distracting.

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#89 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

Oof, I guess cows and sheep(?) got alot closer now

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#90 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Let's see if it has a console price.

My guess? It's either gonna be 59.99 or 39.99.

Dollars or euros, to be exact.

I'd tolerate $39.99 since the game is already 3 years old. But I'm not really paying that especially after seeing the game go on sale for $10 on the past Black Friday.

The game is part of the PS4 greatest hits collection. Game in that collection has a ceiling price of $20 on the ps4 store.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

@subspecies said:

Damage control from all the outrage.

We basement dwellers will be getting ports....ALL THE PORTS!

@pc_rocks said:

What's the sound of that? Yup, that's all the cows crying in the corner.

For future, I can easily see them praying this should just be a one off.

Cows crying? What's that sound like?

Moohooohooohooo?

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

Welp. Can a fellow hermit give me a good guide on how to build a PC? I do video editing so I'm looking for get a 2080 ti, and an amd 3900x etc.

My budget when I save and when my tax return arrives is $3000. I plan to shop newegg on Black Friday to stretch the budget.

Ideas on Psu, motherboards, RAM, SSDs and cases will be appreciated. I been gaming on console all my life and don't know which components are compatible with each other or how to tell. I want to future proof for about 10 years of possible. I.e. 32GB RAM etc.

Thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

Welp. Can a fellow hermit give me a good guide on how to build a PC? I do video editing so I'm looking for get a 2080 ti, and an amd 3900x etc.

My budget when I save and when my tax return arrives is $3000. I plan to shop newegg on Black Friday to stretch the budget.

Ideas on Psu, motherboards, RAM, SSDs and cases will be appreciated. I been gaming on console all my life and don't know which components are compatible with each other or how to tell. I want to future proof for about 10 years of possible. I.e. 32GB RAM etc.

Thanks.

Can you wait 6-8 months? If not, get the Ryzen 9 3900X, 2080TI, Asrock Taichi motherboard, EVGA 700W-850W PSU, a Corsair PCIE Gen4 m.2 ssd, and Corsair RAM. RAM is still kinda cheap at the moment and you may be able to get 64GB for around $300. Cases are all preference, so find what you like.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

This is awesome. More games please, Sony. Thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Doubt I'll ever play this again. Would have been nice to use a mouse the first time. Oh well.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Thanks this helps! Never heard of Corsair. I'm afraid of getting something and it's not compatible with the motherboard so I'll stick to the brands you listed. What about cooling? If I pick any case will there be room for liquid cooling? Should I stick with air cooling fans?

I apologize for derailing the thread. If you know a guide or a YouTube channel I think I can figure it out eventually.

Caj1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Caj1986
Member since 2015 • 399 Posts

@Ghost120x: follow partpicker. You have various options to customize your hardware along with various deals and offers. Suggest if the build is not needed asap wait for ryzen 4000 series and nvidia 3000 series along the year for better hardware

https://pcpartpicker.com/

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46466 Posts

@subspecies said:

@R4gn4r0k: Should be pretty clear. Once an exclusive has sold millions upon millions to PS gamers, and they've had their fun, Sony picks one here and there to toss over to begging PC gamers to make that extra $$$.

Yeah what's evidently clear is that again, instead of celebrating this as a good thing, the sony fans start crying and call PC 'beggars' because they once again get the superior version of a game that has been exclusive on consoles for years:

Grand Theft Auto V, Red Dead Redemption 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Next up: Spiderman and The Last of Us 2?