Sony 1st party "a little sparse" this year

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

People are actually excited for Until Dawn? How sad, that game has six out of ten written all over it. Just watch Sinister, it's the same thing. lol

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

@hello505 said:

People are actually excited for Until Dawn? How sad, that game has six out of ten written all over it. Just watch Sinister, it's the same thing. lol

Plus I can play Until Dawn on my PC just like I did for The Order: 1886 till I got bored...................................

Youtube :D

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#204  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

They're smart in a way. These systems sell regardless. Why would they spend money on anything really, you don't need games or anything. Just a good subscription fee and a box.
I don't see MS doing any better to be honest. Enjoy. I'm going to love this E3.

Back to spraying ink on hotpants.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#205 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

It would be pretty sad if they don't have at least one ORIGINAL game this holiday. Their top 2 games seem to be remasters or remakes: Tearaway unfolded and God of War 3. Yes, they have No Man's Sky, Disgaea 5 and a few other more niche games which combine to add some extra variety. But they really needed an Uncharted type game.

That being said, when you look at the total of the year it's not like anyone else is really cranking them out either. Xbox 1 has no decent exclusives for almost the entire year - until the last quarter, and Wii-U almost has no games AT ALL the entire year. Of course it doesn't help that the Order ended up being worse than mediocre, if that game was at least "good" - combined with Bloodborne, then PS4 would be looking good for the year still. But with the Order ended up being bad, Bloodborne has to stand on it's own.

It's actually sad that this gen basically come down to whether 1 or 2 games fit into a release window or not. The whole gen has been sparse for all consoles. If Uncharted made into 4Q Sony still would have won the year easily (most likely). Without Uncharted, they lose. There's just so few major exclusives anymore.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

I'm pretty sure Sony will show of games that have already been announced at previous events and give more screen time to indies and try to make them look like exclusives. I'm sure it will work considered a ton of playstation fanboys think Ark: Survival evolved was a PS4 exclusive without bothering to do a single lick of research not to mention believing the footage is from PS4.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#208  Edited By -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

That doesn't mean they have nothing coming out. Everyone has gone to the Rapture, Rime, Wander, Tearaway, Hellblade, No Man's Sky, Tomorrow Children, and more are slated to be out this year. Also, by fall Planetside 2 will likely at least be in open beta if not officially released. All this means is Sony's big name first party titles aren't out this year since Ratchet and Uncharted got delayed to early 2016.

That just gives MS a chance to announce yet another Halo and another Forza game to release two months after Halo 7, I mean Halo 5, and Forza 6.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#209 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

That's putting it likely.

Bloodborne is the only thing they've put out in 5 months (that actually matters).

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#210 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

And here MS putting out a 3rd Forza released and 2nd Halo release this gen. Thats the backbone of this grand first party fall of theirs as usual. Yeah way to go. That's all anyone was looking for...more Halo and more Forza. The only IPs being milked worse than Halo and Forza are COD, Assassin's Creed, and Mario. All MS has to do is release a Halo and Forza game and everyone pretends they all the sudden hit pay dirt. haha

Halo and Forza didn't get me to buy an Xbox. They didn't get me to buy a 360. They won't get me to buy a XB1. Over 10 years of those IPs hasn't changed the fact I don't like them. Sony could literally not put a single exclusive out the rest of the year, and I wouldn't care. I'm gonna be on Star Wars Battlefront regardless.

I will say MS better hope this fall is absolutely huge for them. PS4 has been dusting XB1 without the benefit of any of their big name IPs out. That's all going to change in early 2016 when Uncharted 4 rolls out with Ratchet and Clank coming in April/May time frame. It will pretty much be game over at that point.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#211 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I hope Rime comes out this year though.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#212 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

It's weird, for having "no games" I seem to have 8 games on my PS4 that are all alot of fun.............cept maybe Type-0

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#213 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@davem1992 said:

It's weird, for having "no games" I seem to have 8 games on my PS4 that are all alot of fun.............cept maybe Type-0

I've played mine more than probably all of my PS3 last gen. I've already doubled up trophies and got my first platinum, then 2 after that.