Sony 1st party "a little sparse" this year

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

It surely doesn't look awesome in terms of exclusives for the remaining half of the year on PS4..

However I don't understand comments coming from X1 fans.. What exactly was released (exclusives) in the first 6 months of 2015 on X1??..

I hope they know that a year consists of 12 months and not just 'those' months where a couple of exclusives will eventually be released on their beloved system so they can somehow claim victory..

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@nyadc said:

And people call me a lemming for echoing those exact sentiments, ridiculous. This generation Sony has been an incredible let down, they made a good console but that is about as far as their accomplishments go.

I am bored of the PlayStation 4, I've been bored of it and there is no redeeming factor there. I'm also bored of my Xbox One, but at least it serves another media oriented purpose which makes it useful everyday... Not to mention the games it has coming this Fall/Winter so there are actually things to look forward to in the coming months, Sony has The Order 2.0: Until Dawn and I'm not holding my breath for another interactive movie...

Sony has dropped the ball, that's not even questionable...

P.S. Harsh criticism =/= bashing, a lot of you people seem to think they're synonymous...

Being a fanboy of any console to me is just pointless cause there's going to be games that you're going to be missing out on and for what reason? It's just dumb to hate another console for no specific reason at all but I always find Sony fanboys to be the most dumbest cause they can never take any harsh criticism towards Sony. Instead of wanting Sony to step up and do better, they just sit back and defend them in whatever crap they do, they can do no wrong in their eyes smh. They are the very best at damage controlling on ANY criticism towards the Playstation and are the first to bring up MS or Xbox in any conversation when it's not even a topic that concerns MS. They'll sit on their computers all day looking up any article, paragragh or sentence to help them damage control and are quick to insult anyone who talks about Sony or Playstation like they own stock in the console. I just think they are the worse fanboys out there and reading a lot of post in this forum board, they prove me right everyday.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@FastRobby said:

Barely any exclusives you mean, because there were plenty third party games to buy. And of course Ori and The Blindforest with a score of 9. What did Sony have? The Boreder and one great game (Bloodborne). So one game in 2015 for Sony, congratulations...

Well, the thread is about first party. And Ori isn't exclusive.

Bloodborne and The Order are exclusive. The Order is shite, but that doesn't stop it from being a first party game from their lineup. What I don't get is people laughing at Sony, when Microsoft isn't doing much better. What I see is Sony doing stuff the first half of the year, and not much the 2nd half. Same with Microsoft except the opposite.

No one's a winner here.

MS has Halo 5 and Forza 6 for true retail AAA budget exclusives this year, that its 2 games. Curiously, that is the exact same number Sony ALREADY put out except they were new IPs. and are getting criticized for lack of line up now.

When we put things in perspective it really does seem like people have higher expectation from Sony than any other game company whether they support them or not. People who rabidly criticize Sony don't have half that expectation from the company they actually support.

When Sony delivers 100% more than every other company in AAA games (2013 PS3 *The Puppeteer, Ni No Kuni, Beyond Two Sols, TLOU vs NOTHING 360 and wii) they get bashed by fanboys because they claim to not like those kinds of games; when Sony delivers less than their past production but STILL equal or more than the other companies they get bashed for being LAZY.

Sony can't win the unreasonable expectations of zealot fanboys here, but apparently all MS needs to do is to rehash and rotate Halo, Forza, Gears every other year and the same users here have nothing but praise lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#155  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@playharderfool said:

Sony can't win the unreasonable expectations of zealot fanboys here, but apparently all MS needs to do is to rehash and rotate Halo, Forza, Gears every other year and the same users here have nothing but praise lol.

What is so bad at making a new Forza every two years? They always make it better, with many improvements, and Forza is still the king of racing games. So how is that a bad thing exactly? They could've given it a different name if the name really is the thing that botters you.

Same goes for Halo, still the best FPS.

Bu-bu-bu-but the title is the same. Classic cows, look we have new IP's. Who gives about that? I want the best gameplay, I don't care about how old the game is. Oh look at Nintendo, they created another Mario racing game, or Super Mario. Those games are great, and Forza/Halo are to Microsoft what Mario is to Nintendo. The difference is that Nintedo just has been longer in the gaming industry.

Better not buy UC4, I know you guys don't like the same game over and over again

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@Legend002 said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@Legend002 said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

This is pretty pathetic.

What differentiates Sony from MS? Noting

Why would you purchase a PS4 instead of a gaming PC that will run all the 3rd party games better? Bloodborne and...I have a total of 6 games for my PS4 since launch. It's a dust collector.

Persona 5

PS3

What differentiates Sony from MS?

PS3 is a Sony product.

Why would you purchase a PS4 instead of a gaming PC that will run all the 3rd party games better?

Can't wait to see Persona 5 perform at 0p 0fps on PC!

I thought it was obvious that I was referencing Xbox One and PS4, otherwise what would stop a Nintendo fanboy from claiming ownage for all the N3DS and 3DS games that have released during this gen? Perhaps I should have been clearer.

Your second comment is invalid however because Persona 5 still does not provide a significant reason to own a PS4 if you have a PS3.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

Yes but PS4 wins the "indie 500" again this year so it's got that going for it. :P

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

@FastRobby said:
@playharderfool said:

What is so bad at making a new Forza every two years? They always make it better, with many improvements, and Forza is still the king of racing games. So how is that a bad thing exactly? They could've given it a different name if the name really is the thing that botters you.

Same goes for Halo, still the best FPS.

Bu-bu-bu-but the title is the same. Classic cows, look we have new IP's. Who gives about that? I want the best gameplay, I don't care about how old the game is. Oh look at Nintendo, they created another Mario racing game, or Super Mario. Those games are great, and Forza/Halo are to Microsoft what Mario is to Nintendo. The difference is that Nintedo just has been longer in the gaming industry.

Better not buy UC4, I know you guys don't like the same game over and over again

When you say best for both Halo & Forza with what are these being compared? are you comparing these in general for all games on all platforms ?

If so Halo is a far from being the best in the fps genre... Forza on the other hand is an amazing series, surely not the best when it comes to proper racing sim, but does a good overall job..

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#159 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

I thought it was obvious that I was referencing Xbox One and PS4, otherwise what would stop a Nintendo fanboy from claiming ownage for all the N3DS and 3DS games that have released during this gen? Perhaps I should have been clearer.

Your second comment is invalid however because Persona 5 still does not provide a significant reason to own a PS4 if you have a PS3.

Exactly, Xbox One and PS4. My second comment is completely valid. People own a PC for extra frames and better resolution so why not here? PS4 master [Sony] race.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45056 Posts

TC again pretending that he actually cares

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

What? Again? This is the year they're supposed to capitalise on their install base with games now. After this year, that's 2 years on the market with very little AAA first party support. The second year is when you're supposed to start pushing your games out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Malta_1980 said:

When you say best for both Halo & Forza with what are these being compared? are you comparing these in general for all games on all platforms ?

If so Halo is a far from being the best in the fps genre... Forza on the other hand is an amazing series, surely not the best when it comes to proper racing sim, but does a good overall job..

Not all platforms, but all consoles. I don't know a better console shooter than Halo. Forza on the other hand is better on all platforms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

I think this E3 they'll give solid holiday release dates to No Man's Sky and Alien Nation which I'm looking for to that game, not so much No Man's Sky and maybe announce 1 other game coming holiday this year, probably an Uncharted Remastered but most of their games will be 2016 game like Uncharted 4, Maybe a peek at the new GoW, that Guerrilla Games unannounced title and 1 surprise triple A game we don't know anything about. They'll lean heavily this year on 3rd party bundles and exclusive content for games like Assassin's Creed and Maybe Star Wars. That's my prediction.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 sHaDyCuBe321

@Legend002 said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Exactly, Xbox One and PS4. My second comment is completely valid. People own a PC for extra frames and better resolution so why not here? PS4 master [Sony] race.

I get what you're saying in that Persona differentiates the two systems, and in a vacuum your point would be completely valid. Both points would be. But we exist in a world where games are readily available for other platforms or consumers have multiple avenues through which to purchase.

If speaking strictly of games, I'll amend my previous sentence and concede that the PS4 has games. What it doesn't really have significant reasons to purchase the system, because a large number of it's exclusive content this year isn't really exclusive. And the 3rd party games that it's relying on is inferior to what it would be on PC.

In regards to Xbox One, it is also not the most desirable purchase in regards to exclusive content you can't find anywhere else, but as of right now it is better than the PS4 IMO.

Wobblypops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Wobblypops
Member since 2015 • 56 Posts
@ProtossX said:

Doesn't matter Xbone is My least Favorite Console of all time. Where as PS4 is one of my favorite systems of all time reminds me of a slick gaming PC fast OS fast installs fun games

As for games i own 6 games on ps4 i own 3 on xb1 an the library is gonna get worse an worse for xbone as i buy multiplats on ps4 since its superior

BTW Xbone just got a witcher 3 patch that locks the game at 30 FPS just like the ps4 version it is now strictly 100% inferior to ps4 power to the players XBONE

Wobblypops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Wobblypops

@playharderfool said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

@nyadc: no....I just read deeper into your post giving more credit than you deserve.

Your the prime example of a loser making up for lost time - all proud of your material things. Seriously....I like a nice recliner and a HDTV as much as the next person...but I don't video my man cave that looks like it was decorated by a 10 year old and go "REKT!!!"

That's pretty sad.

I know this bc you have no idea if I have a job....but you claim to know.

To put this silly argument into perspective here are that games that are only going to be available on PS4 and xbox one for 2015

PS4:

Disgaea 5, Until Dawn, Bloodborne, No Man's Sky, The Order, Tear Away Unfolded, Dragon Quest Heros (only on PS4 in west)

Xbox1:

Halo 5, Forza 6 and Tomb Raider

Basically, as I've said earlier in this thread, all the fanboys here bashing Playstation for lack of games this year do so because they have higher expectations and standards for Sony and Playstation than they do for the platforms they rally for.

Get off the drugs. lol

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#167 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@wobblypops: looks like I picked the wrong week to quit anphetamines.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#168 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts
@wobblypops said:
@ProtossX said:

Doesn't matter Xbone is My least Favorite Console of all time. Where as PS4 is one of my favorite systems of all time reminds me of a slick gaming PC fast OS fast installs fun games

As for games i own 6 games on ps4 i own 3 on xb1 an the library is gonna get worse an worse for xbone as i buy multiplats on ps4 since its superior

BTW Xbone just got a witcher 3 patch that locks the game at 30 FPS just like the ps4 version it is now strictly 100% inferior to ps4 power to the players XBONE

Not just that, his Witcher 3 comment is invalid. Even though they capped the Xbox One version at 30 FPS it still holds a higher average framerate than the PlayStation 4 version...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@nyadc said:
@wobblypops said:
@ProtossX said:

Not just that, his Witcher 3 comment is invalid. Even though they capped the Xbox One version at 30 FPS it still holds a higher average framerate than the PlayStation 4 version...

LOL I think anyone that's been on this board for at least 6 months now know's not to take or believe ANYTHING Protossx seriously. He's the biggest flip flop troll on this board. One weeks he's anti Xbox and the next he's anti Sony. He is every bit of a fake fanboy.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#170  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Some of PS4 first party games so far this year:

• The Order 1886
  • MLB 15: The Show
  • Bloodborne

Edit: I meant to say exclusives. MLB 15: The Show is on PS3 too though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

Wobblypops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Wobblypops

@Samus3D said:

An inside source has reported this leaked E3 first party PS4 exclusive

I heard that it was an indie.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#173 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Chozofication said:

Well, shit.

I mean I wasn't getting one till holiday 2016 anyways, but damn this console has not been worth it thus far.

Such a shit console generation.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

Wow and PC Gaming is coming to E3 this year, looks like both Sony and Microsoft will get annihilated

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@Samus3D said:

Microsoft screwing up is exactly what allowed Sony to get this far, I heard more people cheering that they would allow used games than for anything else. Microsoft screwing up big time made Sony look like the savior of gaming. No one even batted an eye that Sony announced that you to pay to play online on PS4. If microsoft hadn't done that the PS4 and Xbone sales would of most likely been even.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#176 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49566 Posts

You know what else is sparse? The entire exclusive library.

EbolaRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By EbolaRising
Member since 2015 • 30 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@silversix_ said:

If that's sparse, imaging how mediocre and laughable the Xbone lineup is. That also applies to WiiU.

Xbox exclusives this year > PS exclusives this year.

Wii U owners knew what they were getting into and if they have a PC they are getting everything that PS4 owners are getting so the PS4 is obsolete outside of 4 or 5 games.

Absolutely not.

2015 has already been a wash for the Xbox One. What has it gotten already in regards to retail exclusives? Nothing but Screamride and State of Decay HD. That's it.

PS4 has already gotten The Order 1886, Bloodborne, MLB The Show 15, Toukiden Kiwami, Ultra Street Fighter IV, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD. Bloodborne is the highest rated retail full exclusive (if you don't count The Last of Us Remastered) sitting at a 93 on metacritic. Not one Xbox One retail exclusive game has gotten close to that.

For the rest of 2015, as far as we know right now... Xbox One has Halo 5, Forza 6 and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Scalebound, Crackdown and Quantum Break are coming in 2016. Xbox One also has NOTHING coming out until October. Xbox One has been and is currently sitting in a drought.

En route to the PS4 is Dragon Quest Heroes, Until Dawn, Godzilla, Tearaway Unfolded, J Stars Victory Vs+, God of War III HD, Deception IV, Risen 3, One Piece Pirate Warriors, Disgaea 5 and Persona 5.

Plus, E3 is still around the corner for both companies. As of right now though, Xbox One retail exclusives are on the scarce side. Especially when you consider that Rise of the Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive.

EbolaRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 EbolaRising

Oh by the way... Just throwing this out there...

Halo sucks now. 3Fail3 Industries fucked it up.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@silversix_ said:

If that's sparse, imaging how mediocre and laughable the Xbone lineup is. That also applies to WiiU.

Xbox exclusives this year > PS exclusives this year.

Wii U owners knew what they were getting into and if they have a PC they are getting everything that PS4 owners are getting so the PS4 is obsolete outside of 4 or 5 games.

Meh....no Xbox exclusive coming out that makes me want to buy the system.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@playharderfool said:

MS has Halo 5 and Forza 6 for true retail AAA budget exclusives this year, that its 2 games. Curiously, that is the exact same number Sony ALREADY put out except they were new IPs. and are getting criticized for lack of line up now.

When we put things in perspective it really does seem like people have higher expectation from Sony than any other game company whether they support them or not. People who rabidly criticize Sony don't have half that expectation from the company they actually support.

When Sony delivers 100% more than every other company in AAA games (2013 PS3 *The Puppeteer, Ni No Kuni, Beyond Two Sols, TLOU vs NOTHING 360 and wii) they get bashed by fanboys because they claim to not like those kinds of games; when Sony delivers less than their past production but STILL equal or more than the other companies they get bashed for being LAZY.

Uh Fable... uh.. Gears...

Also didn't Judgement come out for 360 in 2013?

Rest of your post is nonsense.

@ebolarising said:

Oh by the way... Just throwing this out there...

Halo sucks now. 3Fail3 Industries fucked it up.

Hi new member.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Yes but PS4 wins the "indie 500" again this year so it's got that going for it. :P

at least it wins something.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

Here's the thing, this wouldn't be too bad, if MLB had legs (it doesn't) and The order didn't flop.The only game that has been really pushing was Bloodborne. This has only made the perception worse.

It also doesn't help that it's around the 2 year point, the game being developed for the PS4 before Launch, and during the launch year, should be out by now, then the rest should have trailers or near dates. This is something that's expected, or else you hurt your momentum and what you can gain. This same thing goes for Xbox, if I don't see some surprise 2015, and I see any delays for 2015 games, that's bad. Look at the Wii U, that's what ends up happening when somehow you don't manage to put things out at the point where consoles usually start taking off and head towards their peaks.

I expect a price drop to substitute but it'll be a front loaded substitute due to the issue. I say the same for Microsoft as well, if there's nothing to carry them, then a price cut is a front loaded temporary fix.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#183  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@lostrib said:

Well I guess I can put off my PS4 purchase for another year

Well at least until 2016 gets here and greatness finally arrives. I think this little video explains what Sony is doing for their fans.

Loading Video...

Too funny. "Greatness awaits.. Hahahaha!! I've been waiting since 2013."

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@ButDuuude said:

Some of PS4 first party games so far this year:

• The Order 1886
  • MLB 15: The Show
  • Bloodborne

Bloodborne and The Order aren't created by first party studios, but yeah, they are Sony IP's.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

The funny thing is, sony themselves is saying they don't have much this year coming out and cows are like, sony is wrong they do.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#186 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@blackace said:
@lostrib said:

Well at least until 2016 gets here and greatness finally arrives. I think this little video explains what Sony is doing for their fans.

Loading Video...

Too funny.

That is just beyond brilliant.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#187 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

The current gen Xbox One and PS4 are pale shadows to the consoles of last gen.. Last gen console exclusives and platform exclusives were far greater and more encompassing.. The Xbox360 and PS3 were also incredibly different in how they handled the social aspects and multiplayer with both their positives and negatives.. Now both systems have lost large swaths of their platform exclusives and multiplats are really dominating the market.. And both systems have been releasing very few games with local multiplayer compared to last gen.. It really feels like both systems have become very restrictive low end pc's rather than actual consoles now if anything with marginal differences between each other.. Honestly the only system that feels like a console is the Wii-U now..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@bunchanumbers said:
@blackace said:
@lostrib said:

Loading Video...

Too funny.

That is just beyond brilliant.

LOL, this pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. Sony fanboys don't care though, they just bathe in the B.S. Sony tells them rather than hold their foot to the fire and demand more and better games for this year. If MS had the lineup this year that Sony had, you would see them trashing them day and night on here, like they don't trash them anyways but it would be 100 times worse. They know deep down inside them they have a crap lineup of games to look forward too this year.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321

@ebolarising: You basically just listed 4 games that I can only play on the PS4 - Bloodborne, Disgaea, Dragon Quest Heroes and Until Dawn. One is a critical darling, one will be worse than the order and the other two will probably be good games that you'll only find on PS4.

Everything else can be played on another system. Many of them at this moment.

I think this whole remaster thing is really getting people to believe they have more games than they actually do. It's a shame really.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 jg4xchamp

@ebolarising said:

@sHaDyCuBe321:

Ultra Street Fighter IV, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD.

Those 2 aren't even exclusives.

Shit they aren't even new.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 jg4xchamp

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@ebolarising: You basically just listed 5 games that I can only play on the PS4 - Bloodborne, Disgaea, Dragon Quest Heroes and Until Dawn. One is a critical darling, one will be worse than the order and the other two will probably be good games that you'll only find on PS4.

I think this whole remaster thing is really getting people to believe they have more games than they actually do. It's a shame really.

Dragon Quest Heroes looks like some musuo shit so that's auto trash barring it being something like Sengoku Basara
And Disgea is and always has been trash when compared to other turn based strategy rpgs (Valkryia, Fire Emblem FFtactics, Tactics Ogre, Xcom).

Realistically he named Bloodborne+doo-doo butter. Bloodborne is pretty rad, doesn't make up for the fact that the rest of the systems lineup this year is doo-doo butter right now.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 sHaDyCuBe321

@jg4xchamp: I mean I understand that the X1 lineup isn't loads better, but it's the lesser of two evils for me, ESPECIALLY if Scalebound is 2015 and worth it.

EbolaRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 EbolaRising

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@ebolarising: You basically just listed 4 games that I can only play on the PS4 - Bloodborne, Disgaea, Dragon Quest Heroes and Until Dawn. One is a critical darling, one will be worse than the order and the other two will probably be good games that you'll only find on PS4.

If that's the way you want to look at it, then go right ahead.

State of Decay is not exclusive to the Xbox One either. Same goes for Screamride and Rise of the Tomb Raider. So with that in mind, Playstation 4 still has more games available on the console now and later.

I'm not sure what you think will be "worse than the order," I think you're just making a silly judgement on something you have not yet played nor has it even been released. If that's your opinion, fine. But it's an unsupported opinion and it seems like you're just taking shots at the PS4 library in an attempt to make the Xbox One's library look better.

EbolaRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By EbolaRising

@jg4xchamp said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@ebolarising: You basically just listed 5 games that I can only play on the PS4 - Bloodborne, Disgaea, Dragon Quest Heroes and Until Dawn. One is a critical darling, one will be worse than the order and the other two will probably be good games that you'll only find on PS4.

Dragon Quest Heroes looks like some musuo shit so that's auto trash barring it being something like Sengoku Basara

And Disgea is and always has been trash when compared to other turn based strategy rpgs (Valkryia, Fire Emblem FFtactics, Tactics Ogre, Xcom).

Realistically he named Bloodborne+doo-doo butter. Bloodborne is pretty rad, doesn't make up for the fact that the rest of the systems lineup this year is doo-doo butter right now.

it's been far better than the retail exclusives that Microsoft has released this year. All two of them.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321

@ebolarising: I'm referring to Until Dawn and if you think my opinion is unsupported you clearly haven't seen the "gameplay" videos.

EbolaRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 EbolaRising

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@ebolarising: I'm referring to Until Dawn and if you think my opinion is unsupported you clearly haven't seen the "gameplay" videos.

I have seen the gameplay videos. You're basing your entire opinion of how this game will be worse than the order on nothing but gameplay videos. It may not interest you or look good to you, but we don't know how the game will turn out. So no, saying right now that it will be worse than the order is unsupported.

It's a survival horror game that actually might turn out to be cool. Who knows. The point of it is to play all of the characters involved and see how the story unfolds.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 jg4xchamp

@ebolarising said:

it's been far better than the retail exclusives that Microsoft has released this year. All two of them.

Fantastic you've established that not one console has a shitty exculsive lineup but two of them do. Congratulations.

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@jg4xchamp: I mean I understand that the X1 lineup isn't loads better, but it's the lesser of two evils for me, ESPECIALLY if Scalebound is 2015 and worth it.

Whatever tickles your fancy is all you dudebromcmahondawg.

I'm just saying some of these games people are name dropping they are name dropping for the fucking sake of it, and not because that game is worth spitting on much less actually playing.

The Xbox One's exclusives lineup is a little dull. Assuming Scalebound made it this year (and I don't think it will), it would easily be the thing I'd be most interested in besides MGS5 this year, because Kamiya is the fucking man. Beyond that? Halo 5 is more Halo which is an old, stale, and slow franchise in the campaign department and mp wise...admittedly the beta made it look like it was taking steps back into the right direction. Doubt it'll be as fun as Halo 1 PC or Halo 2, but hey it is what it is.

After that though the exclusives get less and less interesting.

-Fable - mostly shallow games, charming, but they aren't some prime time rpg games, never have been, and as action adventure games they never hold
-Forza - actually an exceptionally racing series, but Forza 5 had a hint of douche to it, and Forza 3 felt like a creative peak for this franchise. Standard Forza seems to be spinning its whellers while only making slight mechanical improvements.

-Tomb Raider - it's a timed exclusive, but it's also a type of game done to death

Not a bad trio of games mind you (well I think Fable is), but it's completely uninteresting. It's just as dull as Sony's "big year" or whatever is going to look like next year when the Playstation crowd gasses up

-Another fucking Uncharted
-Another fucking God of War
-Another fucking Ratchet and Clank
-Another fucking Killzone

Hence why I said earlier that it has been all star performance of lameness by all three of them. I want some new ideas, and Scalebound and Quantom Break are looking more and more like 2016 games.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Meanwhile, we still have to hear from cows nonstop, while they pretend Sony has a "Nintendo tier" first party with a diverse lineup of AAA megatons, even though pretty much every one of them that isnt a NaughtyDog game, or has "Souls" in the title, is usually unremarkable in almost every way.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#199  Edited By carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

I really dont understand why Sony is getting so much crap for their exclusive line up. Everyone always talks about it having a week FALL line up. I guess if Sony postponed the order, bloodborne, and until dawn to fall people wouldn't be griping?? Do people only play games in the fall??

Also worth noting sony has always had many of their biggest exclusives launch within the first half of the year.... GOW2, MGS4, TLOU, all the inFamous games I think..... Just weird how people freak out over fall line ups.

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

@FastRobby: It's even sadder that Gran Turismo needs five years for a new instalment and it's still always inferior to Forza. The sales don't even make up for it, evident from the last GT which was a tremendous flop.

Microsoft is the home for racing, face it cows.