SMG2 Vs MGS4

• 197 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Q_Sensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Q_Sensei
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

[QUOTE="louisfoxton"]

Think about it SMG2 and MGS4 are the best games this gen.Which one do u think u had the most fun with. Which You think is better they both got 10.0.

ianuilliam

G=G

M=M

S=S

4>2

SMG and MGS balance each other out, but MGS4 beats SMG2 by a factor of 2.

There we go. This guy has mathematically proven which is greater. We can all go home now.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#102 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
[QUOTE="antifanboyftw"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Neither are the best games this gen, imo. But SMG2 having spent time with it. MGS4 has terrible writing. No other game could get away with that.

mario games don't even have writing. how many games can get away with that?

Tetris is one of the best games ever made.
louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#103 louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts

[QUOTE="antifanboyftw"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Neither are the best games this gen, imo. But SMG2 having spent time with it. MGS4 has terrible writing. No other game could get away with that.

DarkLink77

mario games don't even have writing. how many games can get away with that?

Games that rely solely on their gameplay. MGS made a name for itself based on its story, which doesn't make sense, considering that it is incredibly poorly written.

NO the writing for MGS was epic too me

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

IMO, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the only game this gen that's worth a 10. MGS4 was brilliant, an easy 9.5, but didn't deserve a 10. GTA 4, again, fantastic and a 9.5, but is definitely not prime.

But Super Mario Galaxy 2, good lord, that game is just everything a game should be... it was fun, it was challenging yet easy to pick up and learn, it was super creative, it was extremely polished and well designed, it had a wonderful personality to it, and it has one of the greatest game soundtracks ever made. It's a legendary masterpeice through and through.

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 louisfoxton

IMO, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the only game this gen that's worth a 10. MGS4 was brilliant, an easy 9.5, but didn't deserve a 10. GTA 4, again, fantastic and a 9.5, but is definitely not prime.

But Super Mario Galaxy 2, good lord, that game is just everything a game should be... it was fun, it was challenging yet easy to pick up and learn, it was super creative, it was extremely polished and well designed, it had a wonderful personality to it, and it has one of the greatest game soundtracks ever made. It's a legendary masterpeice through and through.

organic_machine

That not true MGS4 deserve a 10.0 the game was funny and fun

wasted_wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 wasted_wisdom
Member since 2008 • 1767 Posts

[QUOTE="organic_machine"]

louisfoxton

You're all ignoring the fact that every reviewer highlighted how well polished and detailed mgs4 was. The game defines 10.00/10.00. The game stretched anything we've ever seen in a game and as if comparing it to smg wasn't already an insult enough you're trying to say it's inferior? Yeah, you're done.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

smg2 did not deserve a 10 it just didnt .coltgames

Why not?

wasted_wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 wasted_wisdom

organic_machine
Why don't you list all the greatest jaw dropping moments of smg and i'll list all the epicness of MGS4 for you. Dude I literaly felt tears. Snake aimed a gun at his own head. Story does matter in a game and you sheep probably won't know anything about that. Gameplay is blank without a story that gives you a motivation. When you're playing a game that makes you care about the charaters and maes you feel like you know them in real life trust me it'll leave you with memories. Games like killzone and how much I hated Rico for the death of that ISA. Games like uncharted 2 and how you jump from a collapsing building unto another. Games like mgs4 and how you're a dying old snake crawling to the place to kill the nanomachines. Games like dead space and such...Dude if the wii is really ur only console for gaming YOU're REALLY MISSING OUT. SO MUCH MEMORIES. SO MUCH EPIC-NESS.
TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

I like SMG2 better

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

[QUOTE="louisfoxton"]

Think about it SMG2 and MGS4 are the best games this gen.Which one do u think u had the most fun with. Which You think is better they both got 10.0.

ianuilliam

G=G

M=M

S=S

4>2

wrong

rehash factor -/+

so 2 > 4

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]

[QUOTE="louisfoxton"]

Half-Way

G=G

M=M

S=S

4>2

wrong

rehash factor -/+

so 2 > 4

2>4 is a mathematical fallacy. 4 is in fact > 2.

SMG = MGS thanks to the cummutative law of multiplication, so provided that M, G, and S are all greater than 0, the product of MGS4 will be exactly double that of SMG2.

Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts
MGS4 was increadibly boring so I'm going to go with SMG2. MGS2 did not deserve a 10. It got it because of sheer fanboism by the writers.
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts
[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]

[QUOTE="louisfoxton"]

G=G

M=M

S=S

4>2

That's pretty good. :)
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]

G=G

M=M

S=S

4>2

ianuilliam

wrong

rehash factor -/+

so 2 > 4

2>4 is a mathematical fallacy. 4 is in fact > 2.

SMG = MGS thanks to the cummutative law of multiplication, so provided that M, G, and S are all greater than 0, the product of MGS4 will be exactly double that of SMG2.

gamerankings > simple math

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 louisfoxton

MGS4 was increadibly boring so I'm going to go with SMG2. MGS2 did not deserve a 10. It got it because of sheer fanboism by the writers.Firelore29
Whatever u Say

hyper_trunkx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 hyper_trunkx
Member since 2004 • 6719 Posts
loved mgs4. havent played smg2...dont care to.
louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 louisfoxton

loved mgs4. havent played smg2...dont care to.hyper_trunkx
Why would u come to this thread if u havent played both.

VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
only MGS fans will think it deserves a 10, everyone else probably didn't think too much of it. SMG2 on the other hand is universally loved as a brilliant masterpiece.
wasted_wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 wasted_wisdom
only MGS fans will think it deserves a 10, everyone else probably didn't think too much of it. SMG2 on the other hand is universally loved as a brilliant masterpiece.VideoGameGuy
No mgs4 was my first mgs besides metal gear acid on the psp which I also loved. MGS4 is a masterpiece and the real definition of a real next gen game. Stop trying to disprove it. The game is legendary.
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"]only MGS fans will think it deserves a 10, everyone else probably didn't think too much of it. SMG2 on the other hand is universally loved as a brilliant masterpiece.wasted_wisdom
No mgs4 was my first mgs besides metal gear acid on the psp which I also loved. MGS4 is a masterpiece and the real definition of a real next gen game. Stop trying to disprove it. The game is legendary.

No one can sit there and deny the love/hate relationship people have with MGS4. The worst i hear from people about SMG2 is that it doesn't quite deserve a 10 or that it's "not for them" whereas with MGS4 you have people who flat out HATE it, and just hate it, but, think it's one of the worst games ever made. I mean you love it you love it, you can't deny the hate though.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

They aren't the best games this gen. It just so happened they were the only exclusives to get a ten on this website.

Silverbond

100% agree neither is in top ten for me

1. Mass Effect 2

2. Bioshock

3. Red Dead Redemption

4. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

5. Gears of War

6. Mass Effect

7. The Orange Box

8. Halo 3

9. Batman Arkham Asylum

10. Assassin's Creed II

are all better not to mention LBP, Gears of War 2, Oblivion, Fallout 3, maybe Cod4...bottomline all of these games are better imo than the 3 games that have received 10s this gen...all the 10s this gen are certainly very good and deserving of 9.0s but not quite on par with these 10-15 games which imo are all atleast 9.5 material.

wasted_wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 wasted_wisdom

[QUOTE="hyper_trunkx"]loved mgs4. havent played smg2...dont care to.louisfoxton

Because anything that has to do with mario repels gamers like me. If I was to setup two stations at a party and have the wii mario galaxy and another booth with mgs4, the boys will crowd aroung mgs4 and the girls will be immediately drawn to the rainbow colors and cuteness of smg. So honestly all I see is mario this mario that. All I see is "characters without arms." I'm sorry but you keep your mushroom addict and I'll keep my cigarette addict.
wasted_wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 wasted_wisdom
[QUOTE="wasted_wisdom"][QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"]only MGS fans will think it deserves a 10, everyone else probably didn't think too much of it. SMG2 on the other hand is universally loved as a brilliant masterpiece.VideoGameGuy

No one can sit there and deny the love/hate relationship people have with MGS4. The worst i hear from people about SMG2 is that it doesn't quite deserve a 10 or that it's "not for them" whereas with MGS4 you have people who flat out HATE it, and just hate it, but, think it's one of the worst games ever made. I mean you love it you love it, you can't deny the hate though.

Funny thing about people who say they hate the game is that when you ask them why they'll just look at you with a blank face
EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

SMG2 has no Act 3 so it wins.

coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#129 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts
[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]

wasted_wisdom
See it's the ridiculuos reasons you guys use to support your arguments that makes it hard to take you sheep seriously.

there blinded by nintendo rehashes , remakes
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="wasted_wisdom"]Why don't you list all the greatest jaw dropping moments of smg and i'll list all the epicness of MGS4 for you. Dude I literaly felt tears. Snake aimed a gun at his own head. Story does matter in a game and you sheep probably won't know anything about that. Gameplay is blank without a story that gives you a motivation. When you're playing a game that makes you care about the charaters and maes you feel like you know them in real life trust me it'll leave you with memories. Games like killzone and how much I hated Rico for the death of that ISA. Games like uncharted 2 and how you jump from a collapsing building unto another. Games like mgs4 and how you're a dying old snake crawling to the place to kill the nanomachines. Games like dead space and such...Dude if the wii is really ur only console for gaming YOU're REALLY MISSING OUT. SO MUCH MEMORIES. SO MUCH EPIC-NESS.Thunderdrone

Your broad generalizations, condescending tone and suspicious cherry-picking of PS3 exclusives are almost as terrible and annoying as that POS MGS4 tries to pass as dramatic storytelling.

The game has high production values and alot of work went into making it feel "cinematic", i give you that.Its just too bad that the story is complete trash.

Juvenile nonsense with stupid twists, bad dialogue and laughable plot devices that would not fly on a saturday morning cartoon, all covered by the crowd-pleasing shiny coat of Generic Hollywood paint.

I fully disagree sir.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="wasted_wisdom"][QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"]only MGS fans will think it deserves a 10, everyone else probably didn't think too much of it. SMG2 on the other hand is universally loved as a brilliant masterpiece.VideoGameGuy

The thing is cant that be said for Mario fans. Only they would think it deserves a 10. I mean you say it yourself right in your post that not everyone would think it a 10 game. And the "not for me" thing can be said for MGS 4 or just in geniral. The reasion you dont see as much "vicious hate" for mario is people would just get jumped for sayingthat because the series was the rebirth of gaming and hes an icon and some people just dont wanna go down that road. Since they would be looked at as weridos and "not real gamers" if they dont like him and his main games and it would just a headace.

Ramen1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Ramen1020
Member since 2009 • 1031 Posts

[QUOTE="louisfoxton"]

[QUOTE="hyper_trunkx"]loved mgs4. havent played smg2...dont care to.wasted_wisdom

Because anything that has to do with mario repels gamers like me. If I was to setup two stations at a party and have the wii mario galaxy and another booth with mgs4, the boys will crowd aroung mgs4 and the girls will be immediately drawn to the rainbow colors and cuteness of smg. So honestly all I see is mario this mario that. All I see is "characters without arms." I'm sorry but you keep your mushroom addict and I'll keep my cigarette addict.

...I'm pretty sure that question wasn't directed towards you...

Anyway I loved both games equally but IMO I just liked the gameplay in SMG2 better. Perfect amount of difficulty and very creative level designs.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#133 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
MGS4 has a lot of BS in it but i always focus on the positives
Ramen1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Ramen1020

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]

wasted_wisdom

See it's the ridiculuos reasons you guys use to support your arguments that makes it hard to take you sheep seriously.

How long have you been posting in system wars? All fanboys make facepalm worthy posts just like a few of your recent ones.

Ramen1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Ramen1020

The thing is cant that be said for Mario fans. Only they would think it deserves a 10. I mean you say it yourself right in your post that not everyone would think it a 10 game. And the "not for me" thing can be said for MGS 4 or just in geniral. The reasion you dont see as much "vicious hate" for mario is people would just get jumped for sayingthat because the series was the rebirth of gaming and hes an icon and some people just dont wanna go down that road. Since they would be looked at as weridos and "not real gamers" if they dont like him and his main games and it would just a headace.

finalfantasy94

I know a bunch of non Mario fans that loveed SMG2...

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

MGS4 was good but SMNG is the game of the generation. Get all 241 starts then tell me im wrong. (good luck with that)

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

MGS4 has a lot of BS in it but i always focus on the positivesGunSmith1_basic

This. SMG2 Is all meat. Not alot of lame filler like MGS4 has. (I loved MGS4 but you can tell alot of it was filler). I like games that are all game and thats what SMG2 is you have 100% controll the entire game your not watching a movie.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
[QUOTE="coltgames"][QUOTE="wasted_wisdom"] See it's the ridiculuos reasons you guys use to support your arguments that makes it hard to take you sheep seriously.

there blinded by nintendo rehashes , remakes

^ I rest my case
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"][QUOTE="wasted_wisdom"] No mgs4 was my first mgs besides metal gear acid on the psp which I also loved. MGS4 is a masterpiece and the real definition of a real next gen game. Stop trying to disprove it. The game is legendary.finalfantasy94

The real reason Mario gets less hate then MGS is because it isn't filled with content that its audience could find as unnecesary useless bull ****. Don't turn this into people putting Mario on a throne. It gets criticism but Mario as a series is far less criticizable than MGS because it isn't filled with things that its audience would find to be non sense. It knows exactly what it is and it embraces it in a non offensive way to most people because of expert execution, MGS just doesn't do that. That's why critics simply have less negative things to say about Mario games in general compared to MGS. The metacritic and gamerankings scores simply prove my point. Nothing fluctuates in SMG or SMG2's score, it is a little bit more spread with MGS4.

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

Ramen1020

I know a bunch of non Mario fans that loveed SMG2...

I was a Mario fan (up until Sunshine, anyway), and while I haven't tried SMG2 yet, I didn't care much for SMG. Might've been alright with a Gamecube controller, but as it was... meh.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#141 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="louisfoxton"]

[QUOTE="organic_machine"]

wasted_wisdom

You're all ignoring the fact that every reviewer highlighted how well polished and detailed mgs4 was. The game defines 10.00/10.00. The game stretched anything we've ever seen in a game and as if comparing it to smg wasn't already an insult enough you're trying to say it's inferior? Yeah, you're done.

This. MGS4 is perfect, and it's in the top 5 greatest games of all time.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]MGS4 has a lot of BS in it but i always focus on the positivesmojito1988

This. SMG2 Is all meat. Not alot of lame filler like MGS4 has. (I loved MGS4 but you can tell alot of it was filler). I like games that are all game and thats what SMG2 is you have 100% controll the entire game your not watching a movie.

You see but comparing it in that way is just not right. you say SMG2 is all meat thats because it only focuse really is on the gameplay. MGS has always been trying to tell a story using cutscenes and gameplay. So yea SMG2 does have more meat in gameplay but thats because it doesint have the other.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"] No one can sit there and deny the love/hate relationship people have with MGS4. The worst i hear from people about SMG2 is that it doesn't quite deserve a 10 or that it's "not for them" whereas with MGS4 you have people who flat out HATE it, and just hate it, but, think it's one of the worst games ever made. I mean you love it you love it, you can't deny the hate though.ActicEdge

The real reason Mario gets less hate then MGS is because it isn't filled with content that its audience could find as unnecesary useless bull ****. Don't turn this into people putting Mario on a throne. It gets criticism but Mario as a series is far less criticizable than MGS because it isn't filled with things that its audience would find to be non sense.It knows exactly what it is and it embraces it in a non offensive way to most people because of expert execution, MGS just doesn't do that. That's why critics simply have less negative things to say about Mario games in general compared to MGS. The metacritic and gamerankings scores simply prove my point. Nothing fluctuates in SMG or SMG2's score, it is a little bit more spread with MGS4.

The thing is not everyone thinks its nonsense or unnecsary. How is MGS in any way come of as offensive. Also MGS knows what it is. Its a stealth action game with a werid story with giant robots and sometimes ninja robots.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

both games clearly deserved its 10 imo, but in order for you to fully enjoy and understand why MGS4 is a great game, you would have to play its predecessors, while mario galaxy 2 is pure gameplay at its core, so i easily choose SMG2

AzatiS
On the other hand you can say that except PLatform core gameplay SMG2 doesnt offer not even 1/10 of what MGS4 has to offer. Great graphics , epic story telling , imbor soundtrack , great gameplay elements , memorable characters ( ok mario is the same 20 years now isnt? with morethan 40 spin offs already ) ... I mean , is just down to opinion. You can say SMG2 "easily" better than MGS4 for its pure gameplay, but i prefer MGS4 than SMG2 for everything else plus i think gameplay of MGS4 is top notch for its genre. Opinions

I'm sorry what? That is the worst Argument ever. Great graphics - SMG2 runs more fluidly and IMO has a much better artstyIe. Story Telling- I'll give you that, but SMG2 easily counters that with variety, Gameplay elements - Did you even play SMG2? :| Memorable characters- Solid snake was only created yesterday right? :| For the record, SMG2 is also top notch of its genre, and it's a far more challenging genre at that.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

The real reason Mario gets less hate then MGS is because it isn't filled with content that its audience could find as unnecesary useless bull ****. Don't turn this into people putting Mario on a throne. It gets criticism but Mario as a series is far less criticizable than MGS because it isn't filled with things that its audience would find to be non sense.It knows exactly what it is and it embraces it in a non offensive way to most people because of expert execution, MGS just doesn't do that. That's why critics simply have less negative things to say about Mario games in general compared to MGS. The metacritic and gamerankings scores simply prove my point. Nothing fluctuates in SMG or SMG2's score, it is a little bit more spread with MGS4.

The thing is not everyone thinks its nonsense or unnecsary. How is MGS in any way come of as offensive. Also MGS knows what it is. Its a stealth action game with a werid story with giant robots and sometimes ninja robots.

More people find MGS to be non sense than Mario and Mario is the cartoonish looking game about an italian plumber, his brother, his giant turtle rival and his turtle rival's kids saving a princess every friggin game. Do you know how awkward that is? The point is Mario is less offensive as a game than MGS and that's why it sells more, gets better scores and more people like it. Its not because Mario is on a throne. Its also because there is like no median for MGS, its either hate or love because some people love the ridiculousness and some hate it, some think the story is cool, some think its garbage. Difference of opinion on what MGS does best. Everyone know Mario has a crap story, no one cares because it isn't even trying. But the general concensus is the gameplay and variety are always top notch, noot so much with MGS's elements.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

More people find MGS to be non sense than Mario and Mario is the cartoonish looking game about an italian plumber, his brother, his giant turtle rival and his turtle rival's kids saving a princess every friggin game. Do you know how awkward that is? The point is Mario is less offensive as a game than MGS and that's why it sells more, gets better scores and more people like it. Its not because Mario is on a throne.

Im sorry,but your pulling that out your bum dude. Im pretty sure its not cause its "offensive" as a game. Also people tend not to complain,pay attentionor bother to talk about marios "story" because its never a vocal point at all since its pretty much is non exitent and its just simple and same thing everytime. Bowser is being naughty and its time to save the princessor something els.People play it for just gameplay nothing more.

gangstaa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#147 gangstaa9
Member since 2007 • 258 Posts

SMG2 does not need a story thats why its awesome If I wanted a story Id watch a movie.

Not bashing games with great stories just saying I think gameplay is more important. MGS4 had a good story but it was bogged down by the writers trying to insult my intelligence. HaHa poop thats so funny

Im all for comic relief when its done well.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#148 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
MGS 4 is nowhere near in the same league as the best game this gen. Super Mario Galaxy 2 I can concede to. That game is genuinly even though you want to knock it a bit for being too much like Super Mario Galaxy.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#149 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

More people find MGS to be non sense than Mario and Mario is the cartoonish looking game about an italian plumber, his brother, his giant turtle rival and his turtle rival's kids saving a princess every friggin game. Do you know how awkward that is? The point is Mario is less offensive as a game than MGS and that's why it sells more, gets better scores and more people like it. Its not because Mario is on a throne. Its also because there is like no median for MGS, its either hate or love because some people love the ridiculousness and some hate it, some think the story is cool, some think its garbage. Difference of opinion on what MGS does best. Everyone know Mario has a crap story, no one cares because it isn't even trying. But the general concensus is the gameplay and variety are always top notch, noot so much with MGS's elements.

The word you are looking for is divisive. Not offensive.