Seriously can we have the old TOU back on SW?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#251 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts

Mods should keep better track of redundant threads and maerge or re-direct.

The biggest problem of late is how much of the same we keep getting.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

What will raising the level do?

Limit honest posters even more?
Yes.

Trolls will eventually reach said level,just like they did with level 10.
People should stop with the complaining.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

And get modded 5 times a day for trolling wen i didn't even attempt to troll?

No fuc*king thanks.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#254 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I agree let's bring back the old TOU.

Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts
I liked the old SW better. It was a great source for gaming news with lots of reasonable discussions and arguments. Now, it's mostly trolling topics with floating insults here and there.abuabed
Reasonable discussions? You might find a couple of threads with some serious debating once in a while, but I still think it is the same as it is now. And trolls were just more subtle. Now it's just TCHBO, or some dumb sh*t. It was amusing reading through those old threads, now I just shake my head at most threads here. But to answer the question, no, I don't want the old TOU. Even though I don't remember getting any moderations, I was a lurker hell I still am, the old TOU was ridiculous. Some threads from the ask the mods board brought me to my tears in laughter. I couldn't believe some of the things people received a moderation for.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#256 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

What will raising the level do?

Limit honest posters even more?
Yes.

Trolls will eventually reach said level,just like they did with level 10.
People should stop with the complaining.

freedomfreak

Slow down level progressin from 1 to 15. That could be better.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Slow down level progressin from 1 to 15. That could be better.

DeadMan1290

That would help but they would eventually reach that level. It would just take longer.

And I'm just not a fan of punishing legit posters. Rare as they may be.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
Two words: "Ignore" button.
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 fadersdream

The level 10 limit is fine. It's old posters with High levels that cause most of the problems.

There needs to be a consequence for deliberately being a douche,

No need to punish people who are new, all that will do is make it so only the douche's are left and the new people will just leave.

I stopped being punished by the old TOU when I decided to try and be nice, like in real life.

New Rule:

If you were to say it to someone at a bar would they punch you in the face?

If not then it's okay, you can get a little ugly but there should be a limit.

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 fadersdream
Two words: "Ignore" button.nervmeister
I would like an ignore button. There are posters (shadowmoses or something) that like to Troll off and on. I hate trying to figure out when someone is on there internet period and P.M.S.-ing on everyone. A lot of people (probably me too) would become a non-issue with an ignore button.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#261 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

Yes, do it. This forum was so much better with the old TOU.

Demonjoe93
I agree , a combination a high post level and old TOU would be great. The old system made you think before you post. Not to mention the fact that if I am on this forum and my kids walk by they see curse words all over the screen now and I have to click away... Not cool. Why the let people post the f-word I font get . I seen one dude post it for a whole paragraph and he wasn't even banned. That's how bad the new TOU has made this place.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 ReadingRainbow4

There is just so much profanity on SW that it burns my eyes.

I am physically inept from clicking out of threads and not responding to the rather crass individuals.

Please help me mods, all this thinking makes my brain hurt.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

And get modded 5 times a day for trolling wen i didn't even attempt to troll?

No fuc*king thanks.

Lucianu

Lucianu is level 30 now? :o

Hell nah, bring the old TOU back to continue keeping the plebs down. :twisted:

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

lol... yeah i imagine the ps3 guys are shytting themselves daily since they can't solve all their problems with the report button like back in the old days.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 ReadingRainbow4

lol... yeah i imagine the ps3 guys are shytting themselves daily since they can't solve all their problems with the report button like back in the old days.

Riverwolf007
The lemmings switched spots with them in that regard.... also the game.
TwoFace-BS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 TwoFace-BS
Member since 2011 • 9531 Posts
No.....this board was made for arguments,the old TOU will just ban users for doing it
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#267 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Two words: "Ignore" button.nervmeister
Why do you need an ignore button? Have we as a society really reached the point where we can't just ignore it ourselves and move on, we need an automated function to do it for us?!?!? :?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#268 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

No. This is System Wars not System Hippie Bong Circles.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

ReadingRainbow4

i call bullshyt.

who complained and got the posting level raised over a few sony is doomed threads?

if sony is doomed threads were xbl is a ripoff threads, pc sux threads and nintendo is kiddy threads and everyone else cryed like cows the posting level here would be 70.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
[QUOTE="nervmeister"]Two words: "Ignore" button.blue_hazy_basic
Why do you need an ignore button? Have we as a society really reached the point where we can't just ignore it ourselves and move on, we need an automated function to do it for us?!?!? :?

It would definitely save us some of the time it takes to scroll down threads.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="nervmeister"]Two words: "Ignore" button.nervmeister

It would definitely save us some of the time it takes to scroll down threads.

You could just go to the PS3 board if you want like minded posters! :P This is system wars!
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

Riverwolf007

i call bullshyt.

who complained and got the posting level raised over a few sony is doomed threads?

if sony is doomed threads were xbl is a ripoff threads and lems cryed like cows the posting level here would be 70.

or reach3 and his circlejerk companions making threads like. "oh man it's so unfair here, Cows and hermits are disgusting I get my threads locked Bias Bias conspiracy please ban them," (lol) I'd rather deal with finalstars top 10 hottest 10 year old threads. at least those don't flood the first page.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"] The lemmings switched spots with them in that regard.... also the game.ReadingRainbow4

i call bullshyt.

if sony is doomed threads were xbl is a ripoff threads and lems cryed like cows the posting level here would be 70.

or reach3 and his circlejerk companions making threads like. "oh man it's so unfair here, Cows and hermits are disgusting I get my threads locked Bias Bias conspiracy please ban them," (lol) I'd rather deal with finalstars top 10 hottest 10 year old threads. at least those don't flood the first page.

well the whole place is lousy with fakeboys and alts these days.

hell, you look through a thread now and see a fakeboy quoting his own alt that is then quoted by some other fakeboy.

it is kinda a mess in that regard.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#274 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
I don't understand, if you don't like a certain user why don't you just ignore them?
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Me and some other users made a good proposal to clean up the site in another thread.

Instead of allowing users to make threads, only Staff and Mods are allowed to make them and the only people who could post in them would be staff and mods. Everyone else would be stripped of their username and images and rebranded User No_ and only allowed to read Staff/Mod discussions and vote on who they agree with.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 ReadingRainbow4

Me and some other users made a good proposal to clean up the site in another thread.

Instead of allowing users to make threads, only Staff and Mods are allowed to make them and the only people who could post in them would be staff and mods. Everyone else would be stripped of their username and images and rebranded User No_ and only allowed to read Staff/Mod discussions and vote on who they agree with.

TheFallenDemon

So it would be just like a real life government. governmenception!

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

TheFallenDemon

That's probably the worst idea i have heard for a forum in my entire life, no offence.

Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts

TheFallenDemon
Excellent.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#279 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

TheFallenDemon

That's the dumbest thing ever, if by Staff who do you mean? Actual Gamespot staff? Or forums mods? It wouldn't be financially viable to have staff dedicated to the forums which is why they give users Moderator Rights instead, what you propose is basically the entire GS website of articles by Journalists, and half of the journals created are highly criticized for being completely out of touch with gaming and that they wreak of "I just did this because i was told to do it".

brennanhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 brennanhuff
Member since 2011 • 957 Posts

No. But we need to get a handle on the alt. troll accounts and start issuing bans for being a complete stupid ass.Stevo_the_gamer

That has been a problem for years. They will never fix that.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 DeadMan1290

TheFallenDemon

rly.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

TheFallenDemon

I like the part about stripping out user names, but the rest puts up too many obstacles to debate.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 glez13

TheFallenDemon

Post of the day. :lol:

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#284 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
no! it was far to strict you couldnt fart round here without getting a warning.. it was real stupid, many people left here due to it surely gs doesnt want to loose users?
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="daveg1"]no! it was far to strict you couldnt fart round here without getting a warning.. it was real stupid, many people left here due to it surely gs doesnt want to loose users?

The question then becomes how many will leave because of the new rules. Most people post for debate, it's hard to debate anyone on a thread full of trolls. I am sure time will answer this question.
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 glez13

no! it was far to strict you couldnt fart round here without getting a warning.. it was real stupid, many people left here due to it surely gs doesnt want to loose users?daveg1

This. I remember the first time they started to have strict rules around like around 2003 or something, everyone and their mom left (including me) or were banned by around 2004. This time I could only bare it because it was the only fun thing while within work breaks. People just need to learn how to deal with stuff and stop wanting some kind of authority to deal with the most ridiculous, insignificant, immature kind of problems for them.

FireEmblem74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 FireEmblem74
Member since 2010 • 277 Posts
[QUOTE="daveg1"]no! it was far to strict you couldnt fart round here without getting a warning.. it was real stupid, many people left here due to it surely gs doesnt want to loose users?

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 glez13

[QUOTE="daveg1"]no! it was far to strict you couldnt fart round here without getting a warning.. it was real stupid, many people left here due to it surely gs doesnt want to loose users?HarlockJC
The question then becomes how many will leave because of the new rules. Most people post for debate, it's hard to debate anyone on a thread full of trolls. I am sure time will answer this question.

This has already happened before. The first time I discovered the GS forum they were the wild west. One day they decided to make strict rules and around 2004 everyone got banned or left because most people were banned. Then around 2006 they again loosed it again(or at least that's what I saw when I returned), and by like 2007 this place was the wild west again.

This is BS, people just need to learn how to deal with stuff while mods simply act on extreme and concurrent stuff. Extremes are never good and last TOU had a lot of stuff that touched the extreme mainly due to the lack of definition and the previous bad one was the same. It's like when most of the banned users or the ones that simply left created SW2. That place was also extremely free for it's own good.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#289 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="daveg1"]no! it was far to strict you couldnt fart round here without getting a warning.. it was real stupid, many people left here due to it surely gs doesnt want to loose users?

MY problem is profanity...why do you allow it? I seen the same person post the "F-bomb over and over and is still allowed to post. My kids see me post on this forum and i don't like them seeing it. I seen one guy post page after page of FYou and the dude is still here posting away. Then there are the alts who talk to themselves. It's messed up, and it makes this place suck. I liked how before you had to think about posting. I used to get modded all the time in the beginning because i would blurt the first thing that came to my head. After that I learned to adapt to the rules and it turned me into a more capable poster. I miss that. Please bring it back!
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 fadersdream
Most people post for debate, it's hard to debate anyone on a thread full of trolls. I am sure time will answer this question. HarlockJC
Can you prove that? Do you have a link to back up that opinion?
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#291 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]Most people post for debate, it's hard to debate anyone on a thread full of trolls. I am sure time will answer this question. fadersdream

What are you asking him to prove?
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 fadersdream
[QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"]Most people post for debate, it's hard to debate anyone on a thread full of trolls. I am sure time will answer this question. Stevo_the_gamer

What are you asking him to prove?

Fine art of sarcasm/I'm not that funny. . I want him to back up his argument that it's hard to debate trolls, and to scientifically prove that Time will answer this question.
PillyChickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 PillyChickle
Member since 2011 • 745 Posts

the old TOU ruined system wars, glad the rules are relaxed again... shame alot of people left already though :(

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#294 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

So wait, under that system, how would there be any new mods be able to post?

This is rather strange.

Plus where will all the great users go? :cry:

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#295 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
old tou killed SW this is SW as it is supposed to be and was before the fascist crackdown
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 DeadMan1290

So wait, under that system, how would there be any new mods be able to post?

This is rather strange.

Plus where will all the great users go? :cry:

verbtex

Those great users become mods. The thing is, if users can't post why would Mods be Mods? What would the Mods be modding, themselves?

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

Your in my world now

rumbalumba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 rumbalumba
Member since 2011 • 2445 Posts

just ban loosingENDS and WilliamRLBaker with his bald face.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#299 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

No, the old TOU was worst then the new one, it was like Nazi Germany where you would get arrested (moderated) for the most asinine and rediculous reasons. It was IMPOSSIBLE to not get modded, you could be the most polite poster and still get modded for something stupid.

The new TOU is better but it let's trolls run amock, there needs to be some kind of balance. I don't care about the mild occasional trolls, they can stay around, but let's just ban the over zealous ones like LoosENDS, IspeakFact, Phone Mug ect...

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#300 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Though that being said, there is no way to make SW a good place, it never was a good place and it never will be. I only come here because I have a couple friends that post here and no one hangs out in Primary Games Discussion. I hate this place, it's completely stupid.