Seriously can we have the old TOU back on SW?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by abuabed (6606 posts) -
I liked the old SW better. It was a great source for gaming news with lots of reasonable discussions and arguments. Now, it's mostly trolling topics with floating insults here and there.
#152 Posted by zarshack (9936 posts) -

Old rules were terrible btw, got moderated for the dumbest sh!t, you had to talk like a member of the f*cking Bradey Bunch to not get moderated. You couldn't even call people who were saying the dumbest crap an idiot or anything.

#153 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

Raise the level cap for making threads to 20 but change the TOU? :lol:

Hell fvcking no!

The pretentious butt plugs who terrorised this place under the old TOU are going to need to find a new place where they can pretend like they are important in life again and live out their cop fantasies there.

#154 Posted by psx_warrior (1523 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

I still get warnings all the time for saying raped.

AdobeArtist

Nice. Mine was for supposedly trying to encourage people to pirate Capcom's games :lol:

While the flaming rules have been relaxed, "rape", gay retard and in general racial slurs are still out of bounds. Also we still enforce the Illegal Activities rule.

I find that people have wrongly taken "relaxing the rules" to mean "do and say what ever you like". That just ain't the case. The revisions to the tou was meant to afford more freedom to the community, but not to the point where every offensive content can run amok. :) There are still consequences for taking things too far.

Oh ok. I called someone a certain word in another thread and got modded for it 'cause I didn't take that into consideration. Won't happen again. I do like one posters idea of having some sort of community ban, though I think the mods should take a look at the offenders posts and have the ultimate decision of whether or not the ban sticks. A couple of names spring to mind right off the bat, but I won't say here.
#155 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4696 posts) -
I think the fact that flaming is allowed is silly and causes topics to go far off topic. People get into "You're a fanboy" arguments so much now, and I really don't think users should be allowed to flame one another without penalty.
#156 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Nice. Mine was for supposedly trying to encourage people to pirate Capcom's games :lol:

psx_warrior

While the flaming rules have been relaxed, "rape", gay retard and in general racial slurs are still out of bounds. Also we still enforce the Illegal Activities rule.

I find that people have wrongly taken "relaxing the rules" to mean "do and say what ever you like". That just ain't the case. The revisions to the tou was meant to afford more freedom to the community, but not to the point where every offensive content can run amok. :) There are still consequences for taking things too far.

Oh ok. I called someone a certain word in another thread and got modded for it 'cause I didn't take that into consideration. Won't happen again. I do like one posters idea of having some sort of community ban, though I think the mods should take a look at the offenders posts and have the ultimate decision of whether or not the ban sticks. A couple of names spring to mind right off the bat, but I won't say here.

this please

one other thing that they do at other forums that would help. You get modded if you have more then one thread that you posted on the front page. on the old ACO website we had to wait until our other topic fell back a page before posting a new thread.

#157 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nega3"]

All we should have is a NO TROLLING rule.

That'd calm things down a bit.

verbtex

But we need a set definition for trolling. Before, calling someone an xbot was worth a moderation.

Have a great way to define it and I will suggest it to the admins.

I don't know if you can really have a set definition of 'trolling', there are good trolls, and bad trolls. I don't mind the good ones at all, it's the LOLOLOOLL XBOX HAS NO GAMES in every thread, regardless of topic, trolls that I don't like.

----

What would be real nice, is if we had an ignore button, so we'd just not see the people's post or their threads.

#158 Posted by MLBknights58 (5015 posts) -
Can you grow a pair and not let internet folks get to you? People complained about OLD ToU so new was made. Still whine. Too many trolls. Raise level requirement. Still whine. Either get out, or just shut the hell up and post.
#159 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

Old rules were terrible btw, got moderated for the dumbest sh!t, you had to talk like a member of the f*cking Bradey Bunch to not get moderated. You couldn't even call people who were saying the dumbest crap an idiot or anything.

zarshack

No kidding, you could even get moderated while still following the TOU! :| The rules weren't really that bad, they just made it too easy for users to abuse the report button.

#160 Posted by Grawse (4342 posts) -

**** that. I'll take bad trolling if that means not getting moderated.

#161 Posted by N30F3N1X (7998 posts) -

I liked the old SW better. It was a great source for gaming news with lots of reasonable discussions and arguments. Now, it's mostly trolling topics with floating insults here and there.abuabed

:lol: Reasonable discussions and arguments? Not even close.

#162 Posted by Jankarcop (9287 posts) -

Can you grow a pair and not let internet folks get to you? MLBknights58

Thats not the problem.

The problem is there is no discussions, its just about spamming bait and pictures.

#163 Posted by Plagueless (2569 posts) -

I think we should be able to do community bans so if a particular user is really annoying we can vote make an appeal to have them banned

BPoole96
This rule+System Wars Cow population compared to others+ alt accounts = no lems, sheep, or hermits left on SW.
#164 Posted by Jankarcop (9287 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

I votes yes.

All this site currently is systemwars.com without the hot nsfw and cursing.

Bring back the old rules so we can do real debating and just a friendly nature.

waltefmoney

THHBFR.

Winning every gen, you mad:question:

#165 Posted by KalDurenik (3768 posts) -
Raise level to 15-20. Have a mod that delete, ban and so on OBVIOUS trolls and their alts. Even if you somehow get a discussion going in this section it will be swarmed by trolls and alts posting in it.
#166 Posted by Snugenz (11859 posts) -

I think we should be able to do community bans so if a particular user is really annoying we can vote make an appeal to have them banned

BPoole96

Downvoting would be cool, but its very open to abuse in a place like this.

#167 Posted by getyeryayasout (7376 posts) -

Is it really that difficult to stay away from obvious troll topics? Ignore, do not reply, do not respond, it will sort it's self out. If everyone wasn't so quick to "set these trolls straight" we wouldn't see 20 page troll threads. Fact of the matter is trolls are entertaining, but if you want to have much in the way of serious discussion you'd better take it to Primary Game Discussion. Grief over gaming in SW.

#168 Posted by D4W1L4H (1826 posts) -

Make a new one designed by the people!

I'll write it.

#169 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

I votes yes.

All this site currently is systemwars.com without the hot nsfw and cursing.

Bring back the old rules so we can do real debating and just a friendly nature.

Jankarcop

It really just need a mix of the old and new ToU, old ToU would get you suspended for no good reason.

A balance of the two would be good personally, even though the new ToU doesn't bother me.

#170 Posted by STARTNPLAY1 (55 posts) -
PS3 fanboy made this thread lol (i don't know but i am like 99.9% sure it was) N let me guess they is more PS3 fans complaining then any other fan base to a system for a change (I don't know but I am like 99.9% sure it is) No wonder Sony fans are called the worse fan base Can't take the lashing it gets from being bottom feeders this gen lol
#171 Posted by Gue1 (9782 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Snugenz

Downvoting would be cool, but its very open to abuse in a place like this.

N4G has a system where the community does their own moderation but it doesn't work because... Too many fanboys. Just like here there are too many cows there too so things are a bit too one sided. Most of the people that have tons of bubbles(the more you have the more comments you can make) mask their crap with nice words but they all are Sony fanboys and I can see something similar happening here too. So no to that idea.

#172 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -
I just got moderated for writing "retarded" in some random thread and I didn't evne write it directed to a person, but more what he/she wrote. So I'm still feeling the love from the mods.
#173 Posted by santoron (7718 posts) -

Nah. Seriously, all anyone ever did was complain about the old ToU, and all it accomplished was getting rid of people that actually contributed to the forum. Trolls just ban-dodged.

I get tired of sifting through some of the trolls' busier days too, the foul language makes the place feel like the playground at grade school at times, and the growng acceptance of piracy talk is just mystifying. However, I think the Admins were right to push the reset button and then adjust things from there. They may not have acted as fast as I've wanted to put some sensible limits back into place, but I'll take it over having to watch every word I typed while having the banhammer sweep away so many good posters along with a slew of troll alts.

For now, IMO, if you want to make SW a better place then act the part, and ignore those who don't. Trolls congregate here because the eating is sooooo good, you know...

#174 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

The new TOU continues to be fine.

The problem is with the forum software and some of SW's specific rules. I brought up one big problem in Site Feedback, specifically the fact that you can make as many threads as you want without waiting.

If/when the promised rebuilding of the forums occurs, I think we can get SW back on track and leave the TOU alone.

And in the meantime, it would make things much better if everyone started using the block list I made.

#175 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23618 posts) -

screw that noise, sw is better now than it has ever been before.

my suggestion would be to get thicker skin.

#176 Posted by jg4xchamp (47910 posts) -

Its like 90% troll topics!

Jonwh18

I don't see how that's supposedly a change in System Wars.

#177 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23618 posts) -

lol, wait i have one that goes with the topic better.

uh-oh lookout! cows want to cry about something else in sw since they just can't lean all over the report button like the old days.

quick gamespot, raise the posting level AGAIN. sign their petitions, give them a bottle and burp them. help them into their nighties and tuck them in.

they gonna cry till they get their way anyway so you may as well fold like every other time you have bent over backwards for them and yet it was still never enough.

#178 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4727 posts) -

People complain about it, but I've honestly never had more fun here on SW. Even around 80% of the troll threads turn into actual discussions after a page.

#179 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

Its like 90% troll topics!

jg4xchamp

I don't see how that's supposedly a change in System Wars.

Now it's literal.

EDIT: Actually, no, it's not even 90% troll topics. That would be an improvement.

It's 90% lazy spam/sh!tposting.

#180 Posted by Planeforger (15639 posts) -
The current system is pretty terrible. The quality of threads has plummetted, to the point where it is rare to have an intelligent discussion in any of these threads. Even the trolling has hit rock-bottom - at least the old-school trolls used to put some effort into getting under people's skin. I don't really care about the flaming, insults, or anything like that, but System Wars is just boring now. Total kindergarten stuff.
#181 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4727 posts) -

The current system is pretty terrible. The quality of threads has plummetted, to the point where it is rare to have an intelligent discussion in any of these threads. Even the trolling has hit rock-bottom - at least the old-school trolls used to put some effort into getting under people's skin. I don't really care about the flaming, insults, or anything like that, but System Wars is just boring now. Total kindergarten stuff.Planeforger

You know, it still wasn't that different 2-3 years ago. Hell, there were people complaining it was too lenient then. No matter the changes, people will always complain about trolls.

Here's a thread from 2 years ago:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26964623/the-ps3-is-doomed-cows-read-this-and-weep.

I wouldn't be able to tell it from any of the other threads we have today.

#182 Posted by trollop_scat (2648 posts) -

Under the old TOU every time I logged on and saw the orange circle lit up I knew it was some stupid penalty and point loss. Now every time I see it it means there's a new update for a game I'm interested in. The new TOU is a million times better and Casey Wegner can rot...

#183 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]The current system is pretty terrible. The quality of threads has plummetted, to the point where it is rare to have an intelligent discussion in any of these threads. Even the trolling has hit rock-bottom - at least the old-school trolls used to put some effort into getting under people's skin. I don't really care about the flaming, insults, or anything like that, but System Wars is just boring now. Total kindergarten stuff.WiiCubeM1

You know, it still wasn't that different 2-3 years ago. Hell, there were people complaining it was too lenient then. No matter the changes, people will always complain about trolls.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26964623/the-ps3-is-doomed-cows-read-this-and-weep.

Not as many threads were like that. There would be one person every couple weeks who would make a lot of those threads, but the percentage of bad topics was never this bad.

Now you want to talk about mid 2010 - early 2011, there was a sh1tshow. And it all happened under the old TOU, which is why I don't support going back to it. Also because I like being able to say sh1tshow.

#184 Posted by jg4xchamp (47910 posts) -

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]The current system is pretty terrible. The quality of threads has plummetted, to the point where it is rare to have an intelligent discussion in any of these threads. Even the trolling has hit rock-bottom - at least the old-school trolls used to put some effort into getting under people's skin. I don't really care about the flaming, insults, or anything like that, but System Wars is just boring now. Total kindergarten stuff.Cherokee_Jack

Not as many threads were like that. There would be one person every couple weeks who would make a lot of those threads, but the percentage of bad topics was never this bad.

Now you want to talk about mid 2010 - early 2011, there was a sh1tshow. And it all happened under the old TOU, which is why I don't support going back to it.

The better posters left, got bored, got banned(inb4 bias), or just don't care anymore. No one's really stepped up, and others have had a drop off. Saolin was so much more funny with his Fable 2 routine. His witcher 2 360 routine just isn't there.
#185 Posted by sts106mat (19466 posts) -

The current system is pretty terrible. The quality of threads has plummetted, to the point where it is rare to have an intelligent discussion in any of these threads. Even the trolling has hit rock-bottom - at least the old-school trolls used to put some effort into getting under people's skin. I don't really care about the flaming, insults, or anything like that, but System Wars is just boring now. Total kindergarten stuff.Planeforger

its gotten really stupid. you have people posting random words or spiderman pics, just so they can reach the level 10 limit and then start even worse threads.

like you said, people such as tormentos or tintedeyes could be annoying, but at least they were fun with it and you had a debate, they had to do some work and were always worth getting involved with.

now you get people (they know who they are) who just post a couple of words, and then later when they get the chance to make threads, instead of debating, you just get to see a load of "you jelly" pic or a "STFU you fanboy" replies.

#186 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

Lets be honest, the mods made the old TOU strict, not the old TOU itself, I mean, I've been modded for calling people a fanboy, for not liking a faction which should be opinionated anyways, telling the truth about a faction, saying we should create a level limit on here even though that's a joke post(which ended up being true, ROFL),etc.

#187 Posted by Supabul (3862 posts) -

Isn't SW for trolling and bashing systems

Use the Primary Games Disscussion thread if you want to enjoy talking about gaming

#188 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

just limit the amount of topics one can make, and get a better watch on the likes of phonemug who just constantly bait others, people who constantly troll and try to incite flame wars are the ones who need dealt with the most tbh.

Sure i've done my fair share of calling tc's idiots and the like but honestly some of it i've only done out of honesty and for the fact they are slowly driving away the old guard with their drivel.

#189 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

Use the Primary Games Disscussion thread if you want to enjoy talking about gaming

Supabul

SW was wherre you went to debate, PG was where you discusssed.

Now SW is just troll battlefield between the sony is doomed foundation and the sony defence force...and sometimes the hermits.

#190 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

Supabul

Honestly...the people there are so f*cking boring.

I just want to talk to the same SW folk I've become accustomed to talking to.

#191 Posted by sts106mat (19466 posts) -

Supabul

its not for trolling, here is the description:-

System Wars is a one of a kind destination where gamers can discuss, rant, and debate about systems, platforms, handhelds and the games. Not many people survive System Wars. The mightiest system warriors back up their arguments with facts.

dont see it saying "feel free to troll and post pictures of ponies and jelly at will",

it also mentions "the games" and there is a distinct lack of "facts" from most of the idiots who we are complaining about.

#192 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

sts106mat

its not for trolling, here is the description:- System Wars is a one of a kind destination where gamers can discuss, rant, and debate about systems, platforms, handhelds and the games. Not many people survive System Wars. The mightiest system warriors back up their arguments with facts. not one mention of trolling, it also mentions "the games" and there is a distinct lack of "facts" from most of the idiots who we are complaining about.

And that's why I'm still not banned yet.=3

#193 Posted by Supabul (3862 posts) -

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

sts106mat

System Wars is a one of a kind destination where gamers can discuss, rant, and debate about systems, platforms, handhelds and the games. Not many people survive System Wars. The mightiest system warriors back up their arguments with facts.

dont see it saying "feel free to troll and post pictures of ponies and jelly at will",

it also mentions "the games" and there is a distinct lack of "facts" from most of the idiots who we are complaining about.

No thats just another way of writing it, System Wars is for the Fanboys and Trolls end of story, everything here ends with my console is better than yours
#194 Posted by mario-galaxys (614 posts) -
Due to the sheer amount of stupidity and fanboyism on this forum, it should be re-named Stupidity Wars.
#195 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16460 posts) -

Enforce an even newer TOU

sts106mat

there sure aren't a lot of mighty warriors here on SW than:

'360 sucks lolz, haz no gaemz'
'Sony is dead, yo'
'PC only haz MMO & RTS'
'WiiU haz no powerzzz'

are the most common factless statements I see here. And the amount of unfounded rumors we had about next gen systems the past weeks ... oh my god.

Thanks for posting that description, because I completely forgot about that :lol:

#196 Posted by sts106mat (19466 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

Supabul

everything here ends with my console is better than yours

thats true, but it used to be more fun, now its just "fingers in your ears lalalalalalalala, cant hear you" "your mom is jelly". I honestly only really come here because gaming news breaks really quick here and it can throw up an occasional laugh. a lot of the threads i read i just shake my head and dont reply. but sometimes you get enticed to post and are rewarded with a moronic comment or a picture of a jelly.
#197 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4727 posts) -

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

sts106mat

If there were no troll and fanboy threads, there would be no heated discussions, and without those, what's the point of coming here? If you want news, go to your respective consoles boards, if you want logical discussion, go to Primary Games.

System Wars is for letting out that primal anger, to flout your picks superiority. What's the fun if we get banned for doing what we are all supposed to be doing here. It's all in good fun, and we still get logical arguments, sometimes they are more well-thought-out than on Primary. This place is the meeting point for our separate takes on gaming culture, where we weed out the weak and hold up the strong. The place is called System WARS, not System (no fighting or you're banned), or System Sneak. If all you focus on is the stupid threads, all you're going to see is stupid sh*t. Here we get the most current rumors, the most current news, the everyday gamers pros and cons of certain games and systems, and a chance to discuss things outside of a systems library. Here we can debate on a companies standing with it's fans, it's financial situations, our theories on new games and consoles, and debate the pros and cons of our systems of choice. System Wars is good for a laugh, it's good for the mind, and it keeps us up to date on our hobby.

Again, if all you want is discussion without much resistance, just move to Primary.

#198 Posted by sts106mat (19466 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

WiiCubeM1

If there were no troll and fanboy threads, there would be no heated discussions, and without those, what's the point of coming here? If you want news, go to your respective consoles boards, if you want logical discussion, go to Primary Games.

System Wars is for letting out that primal anger, to flout your picks superiority. What's the fun if we get banned for doing what we are all supposed to be doing here. It's all in good fun, and we still get logical arguments, sometimes they are more well-thought-out than on Primary. This place is the meeting point for our separate takes on gaming culture, where we weed out the weak and hold up the strong. The place is called System WARS, not System (no fighting or you're banned), or System Sneak. If all you focus on is the stupid threads, all you're going to see is stupid sh*t. Here we get the most current rumors, the most current news, the everyday gamers pros and cons of certain games and systems, and a chance to discuss things outside of a systems library. Here we can debate on a companies standing with it's fans, it's financial situations, our theories on new games and consoles, and debate the pros and cons of our systems of choice. System Wars is good for a laugh, it's good for the mind, and it keeps us up to date on our hobby.

Again, if all you want is discussion without much resistance, just move to Primary.

i have been here a bit longer than you, so i can remember how much more interesting it was before.

I enjoy a good SW debate, thats the whole F-ING point, they have become rarer than rocking horse crap around here.

System wars is definitely not "good for the mind".

#199 Posted by ebrezzy1 (1403 posts) -

needs new systems thats the problem

in that i mean

Sony and MS

then it becomes fresh all over again

longest strech of consoles ever is the real blame

#200 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4727 posts) -

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

sts106mat

i have been here a bit longer than you, so i can remember how much more interesting it was before.

I enjoy a good SW debate, thats the whole F-ING point, they have become rarer than rocking horse crap around here.

System wars is definitely not "good for the mind".

I actually had an account before this. I joined in 2003, but deleted it in 2006. It wasn't as bad then, no, but it was still pretty feaking irritating, but not very interesting. I found it boring. I posted a grand total of 50 times, then just left the site for good until 2009. I didn't see the point of ranting if I just kept getting moderated. I had a banning warning on my first post ever on this site because I wrote sh1t. It's all about differing opinions, and I prefer battling to discussion, which is why I come to System Wars.

And "good for the mind" as it wakes me up in the morning by riling me up, has me thinking clearly about how to cleverly talk back to trolls, and has me practicing research methods as I look up information to back my arguments in practially record time.