Right Now I am 100% Confident That GEOW Burned Every drop of x360's Power!

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#101 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
*Dribbles at mass effect screens*

...no GEOW certainly didn't use all of the 360's power.
echelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 echelon
Member since 2002 • 1199 Posts
I cant agree with this at all. In two years the average game on Xbox 360 and PS3 will look better then Gears. I honestly dont think that Gears is the end all graphical masterpiece that fanboys make it out to be. It was just the first game that really made a jump from last generation from a technical standpoint. Most of the other games were like slightly updated HD xbox games.
massAttack2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 massAttack2k
Member since 2007 • 690 Posts
Outside of UE3.0, no one is developing anything special for Xbox 360. UE3.0 will get tired and played out fast when every game looks the same. Great thing about PS3 there are many developers with their own Engines and amazingly beauitful engines like LAIR, Heavenly Sword and others.
My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 My_2c
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts
My question is this , it might be stupid i know but if games were on hd dvd would they look even better then they do now on the 360.
Medic_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Medic_B
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts
UT3 already looks better then gears
Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts

Right now when i hear of a new x360 game on horizon i know what to expect, that is not a console i would want to own.

with ps3, when i hear of new game coming out, I wonder and say hmmm, whats it going to be like?, whats it going to look like?, example: Little Big Planet. And right now im wondering what GOD OF WAR on PS3 is going to be like.

To me X360 lost its future potential factor or the WOW! factor.

As for Geow, i dont think you will see anything better than that in terms of graphics from now thru entire x360's lifespan, the console is just not future proof.

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06
Yeah, I think the same. The PS3 is already starting to show games with better graphics, but with crappier reviews, so I think I'll stick with PS3.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

Right now when i hear of a new x360 game on horizon i know what to expect, that is not a console i would want to own.

with ps3, when i hear of new game coming out, I wonder and say hmmm, whats it going to be like?, whats it going to look like?, example: Little Big Planet. And right now im wondering what GOD OF WAR on PS3 is going to be like.

To me X360 lost its future potential factor or the WOW! factor.

As for Geow, i dont think you will see anything better than that in terms of graphics from now thru entire x360's lifespan, the console is just not future proof.

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

typical cow post.... all opinion, no facts...

tell it to Cliffy B who already said the next GeOW will put the first one to shame graphically in OXM...

sorry...;)

the 360's architecture is the only true next generation graphics processor which the ps3 doesn't have. This simply means the ps3's graphics will peak well before the 360's ever does...;)

Galantina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Galantina
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
[QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

Right now when i hear of a new x360 game on horizon i know what to expect, that is not a console i would want to own.

with ps3, when i hear of new game coming out, I wonder and say hmmm, whats it going to be like?, whats it going to look like?, example: Little Big Planet. And right now im wondering what GOD OF WAR on PS3 is going to be like.

Feel free to discuss.

hhscorpion

try again cow
If you read some interview the developer of GEOW himself said that for future titles they can still squeeze alot more AI and graphics out of the system.

i could of swore they said that they used all 3 cores and pushed the 360's memory to its very limits?
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#109 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

My question is this , it might be stupid i know but if games were on hd dvd would they look even better then they do now on the 360.My_2c

No. Disc space has very little to do with graphics quality because graphics data doesn't require a ton of space on the disc.

My_2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 My_2c
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts
Thanks mate appricate that , was not sure if it made a difference or not.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts
[QUOTE="hhscorpion"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

Feel free to discuss.

Galantina

try again cow
If you read some interview the developer of GEOW himself said that for future titles they can still squeeze alot more AI and graphics out of the system.

i could of swore they said that they used all 3 cores and pushed the 360's memory to its very limits?

nope. One core...

you must remember this game was in development for a looong time before the 360's were finalized....

the 360 isn't even getting warmed up yet and it's trouncing the competition's graphics... think of how amazing they'll be in 3 years while the ps3 is huffing and puffying in 2009 using a 2005 graphics card, less memory, and less detailed textures....

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
[QUOTE="hhscorpion"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

Feel free to discuss.

Galantina

try again cow

no they didn't and link
primetime2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 primetime2121
Member since 2004 • 3953 Posts

Right now when i hear of a new x360 game on horizon i know what to expect, that is not a console i would want to own.

with ps3, when i hear of new game coming out, I wonder and say hmmm, whats it going to be like?, whats it going to look like?, example: Little Big Planet. And right now im wondering what GOD OF WAR on PS3 is going to be like.

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06
yawn...and you know this how ?? you work at Epic or know anything about hardware ?? I already know the answers to my own questions
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts
My take on it is this.  I think games that are being released in the NEAR future, stuff from EA and Ubisoft (multiplat games) won't look as great as GeOW.  But to say that NO game will look as good as Gears throughout 360's lifespan is ignorant.  Graphics will continue to improve on all consoles.
billing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115 billing
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

Gears of War set the standards for Next-Gen,

Gears of War 2 will set the new standard.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#116 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Right now when i hear of a new x360 game on horizon i know what to expect, that is not a console i would want to own. GermanShepard06

I don't care if you don't want a 360.

BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#117 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts

Cool.... how about some proof other than your opinion

Right Now I am 100% Confident That The WiiMote Can Be Used As A Spoon!

Avatar image for MASTERCHIEFUSMA
MASTERCHIEFUSMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#118 MASTERCHIEFUSMA
Member since 2003 • 229 Posts
If you thinks Gears took all it could out of Xbox 360 you are a sad sad person, its been a year since xbox 360 has been out and companies have already said there is much more to be used on the Xbox 360 hardware, and as for future proof.....if you even read anything going on MS is bringing out new stuff all the time, unlike Sony which takes ideas from other companies and sells them as their own.
trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#119 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts
I seriously think mass effect looks better then GEOW but you could be right i guess.youngtongue
Thats about it though:/
musacircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 musacircuit
Member since 2004 • 497 Posts
[QUOTE="DrinkDuff"]I disagree. That's like saying the graphics of PS2 games would never get better in 2000. Technology will continue to advance and continue to push boundaries of what is possible. Hardware has very little to do with it considering how comparable the 360 and PS3 are. Both systems will continue to impress graphically throughout their lifespans. I can almost guarantee that.
Lazy_Boy88
It's a very different scenario with the 360. Developers knew how to use it well from the beginning because it is so similar to PC architechture and just like with Xbox, within the first year graphics were near the limit. PS3 is like PS2, where it started out looking bad, but as devs learned the hardware and tricks for it the graphics improve vastly. You end up going from games like DMC1 looking amazing in 2001 to GOW2 putting it to shame in 2007. Xbox had Splinter Cell in the first year which prettymuch maxed the Xbox aside from a few more PC effects they threw in sequels and other games.

This is a very well written post.I mean even DOA3's graphics were never truly battered throughout xbox's lifespan whereas i think mgs2 nearly maxed out the ps2 and those graphics were never really improved on the system.
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts
[QUOTE="youngtongue"]I seriously think mass effect looks better then GEOW but you could be right i guess.trasherhead
Thats about it though:/

of course u're a cow
buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts
So when a 360 game comes out that outdoes GeoW, will this thread be used to own the Topic Creator as hard as that cow that said "Gears will flop harder than a lv 99 magikarp?" You are out of you mind if you think Gears uses 100% of the 360. Has any first year game EVER done this? Please.
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts
When I think of ignorant fanboy, GermanShepard06 is the first name that comes to mind.
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
When I think of ignorant fanboy, GermanShepard06 is the first name that comes to mind.ToScA-
That and PS3_FTW and massattack, etc...
rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#125 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

[QUOTE="youngtongue"]I seriously think mass effect looks better then GEOW but you could be right i guess.GermanShepard06

dont be fooled with mass effects cutscenes, the gameplay graphics are horrible.

Can I see a link to these awful graphics. Everything Bioware has put out is a pretty game, atleast pretty enough for me. Fun Factor>>Graphics
Rev2221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Rev2221
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts

to reply to the op's original post...

i think of GEOW as the 360's graphical equal to the PS2's metal gear solid 2. MGS2 came out alittle after the PS2 was released and was the high point of the PS2's capabilities for years. eventually, though, games came out that surpassed it graphically (SOTC, MGS 3 and most importantly, God of War and then God of War 2)

a few years from now new games will come out from developers that are farmiliar with the 360's hardware. the graphics of those games will surpass anything that came out on the console in its early years. GEOW 2 will undoubtably surpass GEOW in terms of graphics... at least by alittle bit. unless they pull off a devil may cry 2.

i think this scenario will also happen with the PS3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#127 deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts
[QUOTE="buuzer0"]So when a 360 game comes out that outdoes GeoW, will this thread be used to own the Topic Creator as hard as that cow that said "Gears will flop harder than a lv 99 magikarp?" You are out of you mind if you think Gears uses 100% of the 360. Has any first year game EVER done this? Please.

i'm copying what he said and saving it for my sig when a better 360 game comes out
Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06
GermanShepard, what you just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even remotely close to anything that can be considered a rational though. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#129 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06
Right now I am 100% confident that your time on System Wars will be short lived.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#130 deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

to reply to the op's original post...

i think of GEOW as the 360's graphical equal to the PS2's metal gear solid 2. MGS2 came out alittle after the PS2 was released and was the high point of the PS2's capabilities for years. eventually, though, games came out that surpassed it graphically (SOTC, MGS 3 and most importantly, God of War and then God of War 2)

a few years from now new games will come out from developers that are farmiliar with the 360's hardware. the graphics of those games will surpass anything that came out on the console in its early years. GEOW 2 will undoubtably surpass GEOW in terms of graphics... at least by alittle bit. unless they pull off a devil may cry 2.

i think this scenario will also happen with the PS3.

Rev2221
agree totally
shaggyaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 shaggyaz
Member since 2004 • 2279 Posts
[QUOTE="GermanShepard06"][QUOTE="DisPimpin"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

Feel free to discuss.

Pro_wrestler

Yes, we all know that the best looking games on a console are usually released within the first year. :roll:

never heard of Sould Calibur for Dreamcast? it was a launch game and its graphics were never beaten by another game.

Look how long the Dreamcast lasted genius....

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#132 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
The argument that the PS3 is superior because none of the game developers can figure out how to use the cell for many years is tenuous at best. Who cares if a console has predictable game quality if the quality of said games are excellent?
Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

i could of swore they said that they used all 3 cores and pushed the 360's memory to its very limits?Galantina

EA said they pushed the PS3 to the limits with Def Jam. That doesn't mean PS3 games won't look any better than that in the future

xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 xX0LDSCH00LXx
Member since 2007 • 1423 Posts

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06
??? Gears only used 2 threads=1 core which works out to be 1/3 of the 360s potential! you obviously are not aware of this, GOOGLE IT!
T-Aldous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 T-Aldous
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts
You think that is bad. In the Nov. issue of PSM it says that Def Jam Icon is using 100 percent of the ps3's proccesor and graphics ability! Even worse the game is on the 360! If you beleive that the 360 is maxed out by GEOW, what does this say about the ps3?
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#136 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
[QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

Feel free to discuss.

DisPimpin

Yes, we all know that the best looking games on a console are usually released within the first year.  :roll:

Ownage approved.

Cows are still mad about GeOW winning all the awards!! :lol:

T-Aldous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 T-Aldous
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts
[QUOTE="ToScA-"]When I think of ignorant fanboy, GermanShepard06 is the first name that comes to mind.dhjohns
That and PS3_FTW and massattack, etc...

Agreed
Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
Actually epic stated they only use 1/3 of the 360s power and only 10 million to make Gears. And mass effect looks better then anything Ps3 has shown for the future
Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#140 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts
You think that is bad. In the Nov. issue of PSM it says that Def Jam Icon is using 100 percent of the ps3's proccesor and graphics ability! Even worse the game is on the 360! If you beleive that the 360 is maxed out by GEOW, what does this say about the ps3?T-Aldous
Massive Cow Damage from their own magazine.
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#141 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts

[QUOTE="youngtongue"]I seriously think mass effect looks better then GEOW but you could be right i guess.GermanShepard06

owned ...there are no cutscenes in the game. All is in engine. Also IGN said it looks fantastic.
perfect_chao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 perfect_chao
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts
[QUOTE="GermanShepard06"][QUOTE="DisPimpin"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

Feel free to discuss.

Pro_wrestler

Yes, we all know that the best looking games on a console are usually released within the first year.  :roll:

never heard of Sould Calibur for Dreamcast? it was a launch game and its graphics were never beaten by another game.

Look how long the Dreamcast lasted genius....

Cos PS2 fanboys expected great "toy story" graphics as promised by sony, DC was a great machine.. denied of years of life left from idiots that love sony.

Hell even the DC could emulate PS1 games better than the PS2 could, and that is  FACT.. bleemcast ftw

xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#143 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06
If you were paying attention you would have seen the new Unreal Tournament which looks better then Gears of War.
perfect_chao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 perfect_chao
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts
Btw german shepard.. good luck to ya if u think 360 ran outta steam already.. cos the ps3's RSX aint as good as the Xenos.. so how can you expect more from sony? lmfao
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
[QUOTE="LabWarrior1"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

So, a first gen game, Gears of War, uses all the power of 360 ?

IN YOUR DREAMS !!!

/thread

geow is no first gen game. If it was than all other games would look just as good, but they dont, in fact they look ten times worse than geow.

Thats whole point in calling it the first next gen game you retard because no other game looks like that graphically.

El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 El_Fanboy
Member since 2002 • 5789 Posts
i would have bought a ps3, if it wasnt so damn expensive! or course the more expensive piece of hardware will have better graphics.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
Look I dont know why you diehard sony fans get so disrespected when Xbos comes out with a great game and then try to abolish it and say it sucks.  Dont worry sure enough Sony will come out with a good game that you can proud of it will happen.  I mean the crap you people complain about is rediculous.  Get a life.  Gears of War has sold more then PS3 have sold.  So put that in your pipe and smoke it
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
Dark Sector, Kane and Lynch and Mass Effect put Gears of War to shame at the moment. Just watch them in HD.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="lordseer"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

LOOK AT THOSE CUT SCENE GRAPHICS!!!!!!!!!!!! I Know someone make a "I'm 100% sure Genji tapped the ps3's power" and we can all be idiots.

the models and the environment just dont fit in or match. I just cant see what you find so special about this game's graphics, they look horrible compared to Geow. ohh, and dont forget the game is having problems with frames per second with only 3-4 people on screen at once.

lol problems with frame rate where do you get your information? oh I know you mean teh article where they say the EARLY build of the game EARLY build I.E before beta build of the game shutters some times? wow i didn't know  a slight shuttering on an early pre beta build of the game ment=final product has frame rate problems.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#150 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

how is that possible?unless your trying to imply that the ps3 is more stronger than the 360...again.