Right Now I am 100% Confident That GEOW Burned Every drop of x360's Power!

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GermanShepard06
GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GermanShepard06
Member since 2006 • 3285 Posts

Right now when i hear of a new x360 game on horizon i know what to expect, that is not a console i would want to own.

with ps3, when i hear of new game coming out, I wonder and say hmmm, whats it going to be like?, whats it going to look like?, example: Little Big Planet. And right now im wondering what GOD OF WAR on PS3 is going to be like.

To me X360 lost its future potential factor or the WOW! factor.

As for Geow, i dont think you will see anything better than that in terms of graphics from now thru entire x360's lifespan, the console is just not future proof.

Feel free to discuss.

youngtongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 youngtongue
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts
I seriously think mass effect looks better then GEOW but you could be right i guess.
books83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 books83
Member since 2005 • 3733 Posts

Right now when i hear of a new x360 game on horizon i know what to expect, that is not a console i would want to own.

with ps3, when i hear of new game coming out, I wonder and say hmmm, whats it going to be like?, whats it going to look like?, example: Little Big Planet. And right now im wondering what GOD OF WAR on PS3 is going to be like.

As for Geow, i dont think you will see anything better than that in terms of graphics from now thru entire x360's lifespan, the console is just not future proof.

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

Neither is the PS3. You can't future proof anything no matter how much BS sony spews.

Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts

Feel free to discuss what?  The illegitimacy of this thread? 

:roll: Feel free to refrain from posting, it takes up space on someone's harddrive out their on the internet.

GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GermanShepard06

I seriously think mass effect looks better then GEOW but you could be right i guess.youngtongue

dont be fooled with mass effects cutscenes, the gameplay graphics are horrible.

DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DisPimpin
Member since 2006 • 2513 Posts

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06
Yes, we all know that the best looking games on a console are usually released within the first year.  :roll:
meggido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 meggido
Member since 2005 • 16980 Posts
I agree that many games will have a hard time living up to GEOW's graphics, but I think in a couple years t games with better technical graphics then GEOW will be the norm. I recall a gamespot preview of UE3 in which they said the graphics at least matched GEOW.
hhscorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hhscorpion
Member since 2004 • 847 Posts

Right now when i hear of a new x360 game on horizon i know what to expect, that is not a console i would want to own.

with ps3, when i hear of new game coming out, I wonder and say hmmm, whats it going to be like?, whats it going to look like?, example: Little Big Planet. And right now im wondering what GOD OF WAR on PS3 is going to be like.

To me X360 lost its future potential factor or the WOW! factor.

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

try again cow
If you read some interview the developer of GEOW himself said that for future titles they can still squeeze alot more AI and graphics out of the system.
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
I disagree. That's like saying the graphics of PS2 games would never get better in 2000. Technology will continue to advance and continue to push boundaries of what is possible. Hardware has very little to do with it considering how comparable the 360 and PS3 are. Both systems will continue to impress graphically throughout their lifespans. I can almost guarantee that.
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
Without tangible evidence your "100% confidence" is frankly nothing more than a pretty bad opinion.
LabWarrior1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LabWarrior1
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

So, a first gen game, Gears of War, uses all the power of 360 ?

IN YOUR DREAMS !!!

/thread

GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GermanShepard06
[QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

Feel free to discuss.

DisPimpin

Yes, we all know that the best looking games on a console are usually released within the first year.  :roll:

never heard of Soul Calibur for Dreamcast? it was a launch game and its graphics were never beaten by another game.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Couldn't you have just said "MOO MOO I'm a Sony fanboy" instead of posting this nonsense?
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

[QUOTE="youngtongue"]I seriously think mass effect looks better then GEOW but you could be right i guess.GermanShepard06

gameplay and cutscenes are the same engine... sorry try again..
meggido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 meggido
[QUOTE="DisPimpin"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

Right now when i hear of a new x360 game on horizon i know what to expect, that is not a console i would want to own.

with ps3, when i hear of new game coming out, I wonder and say hmmm, whats it going to be like?, whats it going to look like?, example: Little Big Planet. And right now im wondering what GOD OF WAR on PS3 is going to be like.

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

Yes, we all know that the best looking games on a console are usually released within the first year. :roll:

never heard of Soul Calibur for Dreamcast? it was a launch game and its graphics were never beaten by another game.

Oh yeah, I forgot the 360 = Dreamcast.
GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GermanShepard06

Feel free to discuss.

LabWarrior1

So, a first gen game, Gears of War, uses all the power of 360 ?

IN YOUR DREAMS !!!

/thread

geow is no first gen game. If it was than all other games would look just as good, but they dont, in fact they look ten times worse than geow.

slystallion26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slystallion26
Member since 2005 • 819 Posts

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

Yes, we all know that the best looking games on a console are usually released within the first year. :roll:

what about shenmue? Although i agree with you on the sentiments regarding the ps3 and 360
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bman784

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

Because the trends of every console are the exact same. Exemplary logic there:roll: Why doesn't that account for the large quality gap between launch and latter lifespan games of the Xbox and PS2? Bad argument.
GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GermanShepard06

[QUOTE="youngtongue"]I seriously think mass effect looks better then GEOW but you could be right i guess.killtactics

yes i know that, but gameplay graphics on x360 reduce quality by 50%, not enough processing power.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

never heard of Sould Calibur for Dreamcast? it was a launch game and its graphics were never beaten by another game.

Look how long the Dreamcast lasted genius....
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pro_wrestler

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

never heard of Sould Calibur for Dreamcast? it was a launch game and its graphics were never beaten by another game.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#22 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Well i'm future proof. My future is inevitable.
kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

The only thing that "WOW's" me is that pre-launch Sony claimed "The Next Generation starts when we say it does!" and now the ps3 is the only console without a AAA title, and just recently flopped Motorstorm.  BTW, it costs $600

WOW

HookedOnFable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HookedOnFable
Member since 2004 • 664 Posts
Couldn't you have just said "MOO MOO I'm a Sony fanboy" instead of posting this nonsense? JiveT
ROFL! thanks for making my day
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
Of course it did. They dont know how to squeeze more power out of what they have. There is so much potential there, they just need more time to work with it. It used everything it had but in a very inefficant mannor.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pro_wrestler
[QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

[QUOTE="youngtongue"]I seriously think mass effect looks better then GEOW but you could be right i guess.GermanShepard06

yes i know that, but gameplay graphics on x360 reduce quality by 50%, not enough processing power.

and where did you study computer science again???
lordseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lordseer
Member since 2004 • 4671 Posts

LOOK AT THOSE CUT SCENE GRAPHICS!!!!!!!!!!!!    I Know someone make a "I'm 100% sure Genji tapped the ps3's power"  and we can all be idiots.

bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bman784

I'd love to know where you get your numbers. I have an idea where they get pulled from, but unfortunately I wouldn't care to examine them with a gas mask and rubber gloves.
thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thekey
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06
100% confidence?Just wait till the end of 2008 your confidnce will shoot down to -20% when the 360 has still has far better games.
GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GermanShepard06
[QUOTE="GermanShepard06"][QUOTE="DisPimpin"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

Feel free to discuss.

Pro_wrestler

long enough to have 3d generation games, therefore ur logic failed.

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 killtactics

ok prove it... and while your at it.. prove your first post :|
Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts

Gameplay in Mass Effect involves on the fly conversations, it's all real-time, no extra assets, all the exact same graphics as normal walk around gameplay.
meggido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 meggido
Of course it did. They dont know how to squeeze more power out of what they have. There is so much potential there, they just need more time to work with it. It used everything it had but in a very inefficant mannor.Wasdie

Indeed. Remember that better graphics don't come from using more system resources but using them more efficiently. Regardless of whether GEOW used all of the xbox 360's power. There is a still a  lot more time for optimization.
thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thekey
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

[QUOTE="youngtongue"]I seriously think mass effect looks better then GEOW but you could be right i guess.lordseer

LOOK AT THOSE CUT SCENE GRAPHICS!!!!!!!!!!!!    I Know someone make a "I'm 100% sure Genji tapped the ps3's power"  and we can all be idiots.

I predict that MASSEFFECT OUT SELLS THE PS3(CONSOLE) 3-1 in the months of May to Dec.
DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DisPimpin
Member since 2006 • 2513 Posts

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

My bad, I forgot about how devs spent all that time trying to max out the Dreamcast, and said to hell with that whole Playstation thing, it's just a fad.   :roll:
jamesgj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#36 jamesgj
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts

[QUOTE="JiveT"]Couldn't you have just said "MOO MOO I'm a Sony fanboy" instead of posting this nonsense? HookedOnFable
ROFL! thanks for making my day

:lol:

GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GermanShepard06

[QUOTE="youngtongue"]I seriously think mass effect looks better then GEOW but you could be right i guess.lordseer

the models and the environment just dont fit in or match. I just cant see what you find so special about this game's graphics, they look horrible compared to Geow. ohh, and dont forget the game is having problems with frames per second with only 3-4 people on screen at once.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts

hahahah wtf? :lol: Are you like a dev or something? No? Then stop pulling stuff out of your arse.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 killtactics
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"][QUOTE="DisPimpin"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

unless you think about the xbox/gc/PS2 in which... your logic fails...
Avatar image for PaintballinDude
PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PaintballinDude
Member since 2004 • 1092 Posts
Sure Mass Effect can pump out some nice gfx. The Xbox360 right now is pumping out less than 30fps on it right now. Personaly framerate makes or breaks a game for me (alot of bad experiences with old comp and new games).
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts
Id way for Splinter Cell 5 till you say Xbox 360 hit its peak of graphics atm.  SC usually shows off the visual possibilities of a console.  With SC5 being exclusive and being built straight up for 360 I think it will be a graphic showcase.
akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 akuma303x
Member since 2004 • 3703 Posts

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4490 end of thread
mc2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mc2k4
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

Dude, God of War on PS3!?!  I can't even begin to imagine such greatness!  Talk about a KILLER app!  I mean, dude, a KILLER app! :twisted:
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

Feel free to discuss.

akuma303x
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4490 end of thread

I expected Mass effect or something :?

Why did you choose that game?
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pro_wrestler
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"][QUOTE="DisPimpin"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

Feel free to discuss.

GermanShepard06

Ok, lets see if your logic works ""Midnight club was a first gen PS2 game, so that must mean it looks as good as GT4 which is a 5th generation Titles, thus proving my point eveb more that games dont get better with time."" PS: Next time, try and construct a legible sentence so everyone with a brain can read it properly.
Ultimas_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ultimas_Blade
Member since 2004 • 3671 Posts

Don't bother feeding this troll.  All he does is bash, bash, and yes bash the 360 more, even when the PS3 has yet to out perform the 360.  He talks about graphics, currently X360>>PS3, he talks about games variety, currently and expectedly X360>>>PS3, he talks about popularity/sales, again X360>>>>>PS3.  He keeps saying that the 360 is old-gen (WTF says old-gen?) and has reached the apex of its power.  Well future games like Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, and yes Halo 3 deny him on all counts.  This isn't to say the PS3 has a bleak future, but it surely isn't as obviously bright as the PS2s.  The 360, as of right now, stands to knock the Playstation brand from its secure dominant position, and will likely carry this deathmatch into the next generation of consoles, nearly neck and neck if you ask me.  And for Nintendo, they are pioneering a new market so hopefully that pans out.

Do yourself a favor and don't get caught up in GermanShepard's circular thinking and fallacious arguments.  Check his previous posts and topics and you'll see I'm not kidding.

akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 akuma303x
Member since 2004 • 3703 Posts
and if it did use 100 % of it's power ( im guessing your talking about the graphics ) then sony fans are screwed period. if you think im joking , do your research. cause if you disagree i already know your amount of knowledge on the matter. im not saying you wont see amazing things you wont see on 360, i know the ps3 can do things the 360 cant. but if you in your right mind believe the 360 cant do things the ps3 cant, then your above the greatest of ignorant techies. and need to go back to the drawing board. period.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pro_wrestler
[QUOTE="GermanShepard06"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"][QUOTE="DisPimpin"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

Feel free to discuss.

killtactics

unless you think about the xbox/gc/PS2 in which... your logic fails...

I second that
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#49 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
Right now all I could see rivaling Gears of War on the 360 is Unreal Tournament 3 since Gears uses essentially the same forumla all around as UT3 does. Halo 3 will probably high up there, dunno whether it will beat Gears of War. It will be pretty hard to push the 360 much further then it can already go without going multi-disc.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
I disagree. That's like saying the graphics of PS2 games would never get better in 2000. Technology will continue to advance and continue to push boundaries of what is possible. Hardware has very little to do with it considering how comparable the 360 and PS3 are. Both systems will continue to impress graphically throughout their lifespans. I can almost guarantee that.
DrinkDuff
It's a very different scenario with the 360. Developers knew how to use it well from the beginning because it is so similar to PC architechture and just like with Xbox, within the first year graphics were near the limit. PS3 is like PS2, where it started out looking bad, but as devs learned the hardware and tricks for it the graphics improve vastly. You end up going from games like DMC1 looking amazing in 2001 to GOW2 putting it to shame in 2007. Xbox had Splinter Cell in the first year which prettymuch maxed the Xbox aside from a few more PC effects they threw in sequels and other games.