Retailers getting desperate with the xbox one.

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Things aren't looking good for Microsoft's (NASDAQ: MSFT ) Xbox One. After what was admittedly a very strong debut, sales of the console have slowed to a crawl. Last month, according to research firm NPD, rival Sony's (NYSE: SNE ) PlayStation 4 outsold Microsoft's console in the U.S. by a ratio of 2 to 1.

Is the runaway success of the PlayStation 4 simply overshadowing Microsoft's latest console, or is the Xbox One not doing as well as Redmond expected? The latter is looking increasingly likely, as retailers such as Target, Wal-Mart, and GameStop (NYSE: GME) have begun to offer heavy incentives on the Microsoft console.

Pushing the Xbox One

If you're in the market for the Xbox One, I'd suggest purchasing it from Wal-Mart or Target. If you buy Microsoft's machine from Wal-Mart, the big-box retailer will throw in a free game worth $50. If you'd prefer to spend the money on something else, Target will give you a gift card for the same amount.

In addition to offering $10 off the purchase of a second wireless controller, GameStop is letting cash-strapped customers reserve the console on layaway.

Good luck finding a PlayStation 4

In stark contrast, Sony's rival PlayStation 4 is virtually impossible to find. Of the six GameStops I called in my area, not a single one had the machine in stock, and none of GameStop's employees could tell me when their next shipment would arrive.

They did, however, offer to ship a PlayStation 4 directly to my house when it turned up -- assuming that I was willing to purchase a nearly $700 bundle that comes with games and an extra controller.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/19/microsoft-corporations-xbox-one-is-selling-so-poor.aspx

Gamestop even allowing layaway on units after launch.?

Oh this is bad very bad for MS.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

I don't get why is this a bad thing.

Consumers wins

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

fool.com? Jesus Cows really need games to play. My PS4 hasn't been on in 2 weeks. I know their pain.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

This isn't surprising at all. Microsoft is selling a console that relies almost completely on 3rd party games, yet it plays those games worse than its competition and costs $100 more. I don't expect sales to really even pick up when they release the diskless version for $400. They need to release a diskless, kinectless version for $300 or they are going to have a very rough time this gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I don't understand what posters like Tormentos are trying to accomplish on this board. He is probably the most anti Microsoft, pro Sony troll in system wars. Yet I don't even think he owns a PS4.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Consumers wins

It means there is no demand for the X1.....which is bad for MS....and ultimately consumers if demand doesn't pick up. It could mean less third party support.....or even MS doing what it's stockholder's want....ending their foray into gaming consoles...which in the end leaves the consumers with nothing but lost money.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Simply put, Microsofts first party is WAY too weak to push an uncompetitive system. It was all good in the hood when you could buy an XBox or a 360 and know that you were getting, more often than not, the better version of every game. This time around, they pulled an N64 and they are no Nintendo.

XBone is fucked.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Consumers wins

and Microsoft Lose Revenue and credibility in the process... yeah.. not bad at all for MS is it

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Consumers wins

Well it's bad for MS, for consumers... yea sure it's fucking awesome!

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

This isn't surprising at all. Microsoft is selling a console that relies almost completely on 3rd party games, yet it plays those games worse than its competition and costs $100 more. I don't expect sales to really even pick up when they release the diskless version for $400. They need to release a diskless, kinectless version for $300 or they are going to have a very rough time this gen.

Expain why the Xbone has more exclusives out and announved then? Also, why do Cows continue to lie and make shit up? It isn't like you fool anyone. It just makes you look sad and desparate.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

I don't understand what posters like Tormentos are trying to accomplish on this board. He is probably the most anti Microsoft, pro Sony troll in system wars. Yet I don't even think he owns a PS4.

I really think some people are paid shills. I can't understand the concept of spending lots of time to discredit a product that many people seem to like. It really trips me out when people have anti Xbox avatars or signatures. That's taking it way too far unless you have a reason...

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@timbers_WSU said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Expain why the Xbone has more exclusives out and announved then? Also, why do Cows continue to lie and make shit up? It isn't like you fool anyone. It just makes you look sad and desparate.

The Xbone had the better launch library, but it was still pretty bad. When is it getting its next exclusive? I honestly don't even know what it is. Surely it is getting something before Halo 5.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic

@lhughey said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

I really think some people are paid shills. I can't understand the concept of spending lots of time to discredit a product that many people seem to like. It really trips me out when people have anti Xbox avatars or signatures. That's taking it way too far unless you have a reason...

I think someone here is confused about the purpose of this forum....lol.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

Doesn't surprise me. I just came from Walmart and saw a crap load of X1s but no PS4. They're having a hard time selling them.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Meanwhile...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shewgenja

@lhughey said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

My reason is the XBone is the worst of all the available gaming systems.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lhughey said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

I visit NeoGaf, GiantBomb, and IGN boards as well as Gamespot. This board is by far the most lopsided of them all. And the extent of the trolling here is disturbing. Tormentos acts as if he has something to gain by trashing everything that isn't Sony. I mean we all know he doesn't like Microsoft. But with this thread it seems as if he wakes up in the morning and immediately looks up Microsoft stock quotes, hoping they went bankrupt. That's kind of sick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@Shewgenja said:

@lhughey said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

You are more than welcome to your own opinion. I'm not saying the Xbox One is or isn't the worst console available. But what is the point of getting on a message board and trashing a video game console day after day? What do you have to gain?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic

@timbers_WSU said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I'll try to explain why the X1 might not be purchased by some gamers this gen...and I'm not talking about the fan boys that get one brand exclusively. I have bought all the consoles each for the last several generations. I like gaming. I like being able to play games I might not get if I restricted myself to only one or even two consoles.

Nintendo will always be Nintendo. To play their games....you have to purchase their console. Which isn't that bad of a deal since their consoles cost less. I believe they should always be the companion to whichever other console you buy...two should be the minimum.

On to Sony and MS. Both consoles have the same multi plats. What sets them apart is the exclusives. MS has a racing franchise and shooters. I don't really like either of the genres TBH. I bought my 360 before the PS3. It was less expensive at launch and had a price drop...which is when I picked mine up. I still had PS2 and Xbox games to keep me busy. I really don't early adopt. But looking over my library on the 360....most games were multi plats. I start a series on one console then I get the sequels on that console as well. So I enjoyed both consoles because I had games on both.

Now we come to this gen. Using last gen as a guide...and looking over announced games....MS doesn't really have much to sell their system to me at this time....and it's the more expensive console. The games I want I can get on the PS4. It costs less....has exclusives I do want.....or will judging by the first parties Sony has.....and has better specs. I am also working on building a gaming PC which gives me the option to still play MS games without a console.

Anyway....I think just labeling people as animal names does little justice to the thought processes that go into buying decisions. If down the line MS does something incredible...it's possible I'd pick one up....after a price drop or two though. It just doesn't look like that is going to happen going by history.

MS seems to be more interested in being a hub for entertainment than a gaming company IMO now.

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lhughey said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

I visit NeoGaf, GiantBomb, and IGN boards as well as Gamespot. This board is by far the most lopsided of them all. And the extent of the trolling here is disturbing. Tormentos acts as if he has something to gain by trashing everything that isn't Sony. I mean we all know he doesn't like Microsoft. But with this thread it seems as if he wakes up in the morning and immediately looks up Microsoft stock quotes, hoping they went bankrupt. That's kind of sick.

You are disturbed my son?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shewgenja

@GoldenElementXL said:

You are more than welcome to your own opinion. I'm not saying the Xbox One is or isn't the worst console available. But what is the point of getting on a message board and trashing a video game console day after day? What do you have to gain?

It's System Wars. There will be people who lie, distort, misquote, miseducate, redirect criticism or just defend the XBox for no gain either. It's part of the fun. Relax, no one takes this all seriously.

I do it for the ownage, and XBone is a gold mine.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

What exclusives? Srs

Seems there is nothing interesting coming to the Xbone in a long time. Like you know most people will buy the superior version of Titan fall on PC, so that's out.

What's left? Quantum break? When is that coming out? What else? Indeed there's nothing.

PS4 will have drive club and the order in the near future, what will Xbone have except for an inferior multiplat?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lhughey said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Well. He he talks out of his ass when he create a Topic than you can call him troll but he links an article from another site and that is totally different. You have a few Anti Sony poster here as well who at any chance will post negative news about Sony and the Playstation. Some even dig out news from last year. now are you calling them pro Mircosoft tolls?

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@lhughey said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Says someone who doesn't have one. I personally think its the best system out now. I think the WiiU is the worst, with the PS4 as second worst. As I've said a million times, I'll get a PS4 when ND releases a game, but nothing it has interests me now. I just don't see the personal need to rag on the PS4 or Sony every time I get a chance. Fanbois don't bother me. It's fanboism against a product/company that has me perplexed. But do what you do.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Simply put, Microsofts first party is WAY too weak to push an uncompetitive system. It was all good in the hood when you could buy an XBox or a 360 and know that you were getting, more often than not, the better version of every game. This time around, they pulled an N64 and they are no Nintendo.

XBone is fucked.

Dude, are you 12 or something?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@GoldenElementXL said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lhughey said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

I guess it's all in what you want to see. The other side or some of the rabid MS fan boys do the same thing with Sony. Shouldn't you call them out as well? I mean if you want to be honest that is....

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shewgenja

@clone01 said:

@Shewgenja said:

XBone is fucked.

I'm 4.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@clone01 said:

@Shewgenja said:

XBone is fucked.

I'm 4.

You're Moogenja, say it load say it proud. Mooo.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@clone01 said:

@Shewgenja said:

XBone is fucked.

I'm 4.

God, not even a remotely snappy comeback. If you're gonna troll, at least be halfway intelligent.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shewgenja

Why try? It's obvious to anyone reading this thread that I have prolapsed your backdoors with my size 11 so many times that you have to derail a thread to go on the attack against me. I don't have to counter. Forest for the trees, my friends.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic

@lhughey said:

@Shewgenja said:

@lhughey said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Says someone who doesn't have one. I personally think its the best system out now. I think the WiiU is the worst, with the PS4 as second worst. As I've said a million times, I'll get a PS4 when ND releases a game, but nothing it has interests me now. I just don't see the personal need to rag on the PS4 or Sony every time I get a chance. Fanbois don't bother me. It's fanboism against a product/company that has me perplexed. But do what you do.

Do you have to have one? When E3 happened last year....I was interested in what both Sony and MS would offer. However, MS gave me such a bad opinion of their console that any interest I had dissipated. Even when they backtracked some of their strong arm tactics.....it still left me with a negative opinion. I'm open to MS changing my mind....but with the problems with the 360....lack of support the last few years for it....and apparent same course charted with the X1...well let's just say that as a consumer I demand they do the work to get my support. I refuse to buy anything based on brand name alone.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tormentos

@timbers_WSU said:

fool.com? Jesus Cows really need games to play. My PS4 hasn't been on in 2 weeks. I know their pain.

Sell it i am sure that with the shortage there is you can make some nice profits and save your self the pain of owning something you don't use..hahaha

@MonsieurX said:

Consumers wins

Is not that is bad,it is that is a desperation move because retailers are stock with units they are not selling,a unit in the hands of a costumer can produce profits at least from games,a console unsold in a gamestop backroom doesn't produce anything,those January sales were horrible and a huge wake up call for MS.

If developers don't sell those units,they won't buy more units from MS which is plain an simple,that means numbers will be stock,they sold 3 million units in 1 month and 6 days,and the whole January month they sold 143K...

Surely you can see why retailers are desperate,poor xbox one sales,also mean poor games sales for xbox one,which also mean less profits for gamestop and stores that sell games.

@GoldenElementXL said:

And you joined in 2004 and you don't know.? Man quit Systems wars..

@timbers_WSU said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

And yet the PS4 has more games out and way more coming it was already posted months ago.

You are the desperate fan pretending to not play with your PS4..hahaha

@lhughey said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

You just describe 90% of systems wars.

@GoldenElementXL said:

That is because it has one which just just for WAR,do you know what the word WAR means?

Yeah it is call Systems War for a reason,i use to post on another forums which had a room just like this and was call the War room,for that same reason..

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

True, true, and true - he doesn't own a PS4.

And, once again, I can show that Tormentos :"cherry picks" stories. The point of the article is that the author believes the sales difference is because of the $100 price difference, he even explicitly says:

The PlayStation 4 is also slightly more powerful. Metal Gear Solid V, a game coming to both Sony's and Microsoft's next-generation consoles, will look better when played on Sony's machine.

Did Tormentos include that part? Nope - because it bursts his bubble that the PS4 is some 1000000X more powerful machine.

Pathetic. And owned as usual.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b

@tormentos: Yes I know what the word War means. But usually you get something for "winning" the war. What do you think you are fighting for? This place used to be a great place for debate. People actually had an idea of what the specs meant and how the industry worked. Now people just troll each other. And yes I have been here since 2004. System Wars has been on a steady decline since the start of the 360/PS3/Wii generation. Things got pretty bad when the 360 was "beating" the PS3 and Lems went nuts. Now the Cows are trying to out do the Lems.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@StormyJoe said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

And, once again, I can show that Tormentos :"cherry picks" stories. The point of the article is that the author believes the sales difference is because of the $100 price difference, he even explicitly says:

The PlayStation 4 is also slightly more powerful. Metal Gear Solid V, a game coming to both Sony's and Microsoft's next-generation consoles, will look better when played on Sony's machine.

Did Tormentos include that part? Nope - because it bursts his bubble that the PS4 is some 1000000X more powerful machine.

Owned? It still says Sony is more powerful.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Wait a minute, not long ago every lemming was on this board was jumping up and down because they werer happy Sony "stock" wasn't doing well, even though it didn't have anything to do with the Playstaytion division or games not doing well.

lemming attempts to jump up and down to bash sony as a company goes beyond anything someone like Tormentos has ever done. While trying to criticize tormentos you need tell me what these xbox fanboys are trying to accomplish on this board.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/4-million-plus-ps4-s-and-sony-is-still-junk-31046599/

At least his posts are specifically related to videogames and the xbox brand. I don't understand how you can bash him for posting news relating to the xbox brand when this is a board about criticizing video games.

now if he was just bashing the company just to bash with random news that was not directly related to videogames or xbox then you might have a point...but that criticizm falls more in line with xbox fanboys that lems go through any lenghts to post anti Sony related material.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#41 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@MonsieurX: Tomrentos is a fanatic. That’s why!

He isn’t happy with is PS4 for some reason so he tries to bash the opposition.

Just play your PS4 because gaming is awesome, tormentos

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@StormyJoe said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

This would be a great point if the Xbone cost less than the PS4 because the power difference is small enough that the typical consumer would be able to easily reconcile that difference with the slightly lower cost of the Xbone. The Xbone costs 25% more than the PS4, though. That's a really tough sell when your product costs more and is weaker.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

@kinectthedots:

@kinectthedots said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Wait a minute, not long every lemming was on this board was jumping up and down because Sony over all "stock" wasn't doing well even though it didn't have anything to do with the Playstaytion division or games not doing well. lemming jump and down just to bash sony as a company even when it has nothing to do with playstation so you need tell mwe what those fanboys are trying to accomplish on this board first.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/4-million-plus-ps4-s-and-sony-is-still-junk-31046599/

At least this is specifically related to videogames and the xbox brand. I don't understand how you can bash him for posting news relating to the xbox brand when this is a board about criticizing video games, now if he was just bashing the company with news that was not directly related to videogames or xbox then you might have a point...but your criticizm looses it's effect when looking at the lenghts that lems go through to post anti Sony related material.

Tormentos’ posts are always anti-MS so basically it’s like COD: Every year you’ve got the same fricken game. In the case of Tormentos.... he has already surpassed the first step to insanity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b

@kinectthedots said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Wait a minute, not long every lemming was on this board was jumping up and down because Sony over all "stock" wasn't doing well even though it didn't have anything to do with the Playstaytion division or games not doing well. lemming jump and down just to bash sony as a company even when it has nothing to do with playstation so you need tell mwe what those fanboys are trying to accomplish on this board first.

At least this is specifically related to videogames and the xbox brand. I don't understand how you can bash him for posting news relating to the xbox brand when this is a board about criticizing video games, now if he was just bashing the company with news that was not directly related to videogames or xbox then you might have a point...but your criticizm looses it's effect when looking at the lenghts that lems go through to post anti Sony related material.

All of the fanboys need to stop drinking the Kool Aid. The difference is I see multiple Tormentos threads or posts everyday and maybe 1 or 2 Lem threads. To me it just seems like Cows are trying to 1up what the Lems did last gen but it is turning this place into an unbearable Trollfest. If you enjoy that then fine. But I wasn't a part of the lem trollfest and I will not join the cows in theirs.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

That will change when Diablo 3 Ultimate evil edition come out:D

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kinectthedots

@GoldenElementXL said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lhughey said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

... this thread it seems as if he wakes up in the morning and immediately looks up Microsoft stock quotes, hoping they went bankrupt. That's kind of sick.

Damn (about looking up stock quotes) so this thread shows that most lemmings are a lot worse than Tormentos, it's even more "sick"

Northernboxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Northernboxer
Member since 2004 • 1723 Posts

@lhughey said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Xbox killed my father and raped my mother...

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kinectthedots

@LJS9502_basic said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lhughey said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

I guess it's all in what you want to see. The other side or some of the rabid MS fan boys do the same thing with Sony. Shouldn't you call them out as well? I mean if you want to be honest that is....

No, lemmings are better, they would never do anything like this...cough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

@LJS9502_basic:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lhughey said:

@Shewgenja said:

@lhughey said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Do you have to have one? When E3 happened last year....I was interested in what both Sony and MS would offer. However, MS gave me such a bad opinion of their console that any interest I had dissipated. Even when they backtracked some of their strong arm tactics.....it still left me with a negative opinion. I'm open to MS changing my mind....but with the problems with the 360....lack of support the last few years for it....and apparent same course charted with the X1...well let's just say that as a consumer I demand they do the work to get my support. I refuse to buy anything based on brand name alone.

Ok so here is where Sony excelled.....

If you look back at the PS4 reveal and the Xbox One reveal...

Xbox One clearly had more information revealed than the PS4’s reveal.

Hell, the PS4 reveal only showed the PS4’s DualShock controller.

Xbox One was revealing their Ideas etc...

Sony was chilling and analyzing what Microsoft consumers were thinking of these ideas.

A lot of MS consumers were unhappy with what MS wanted to do.....

Sony just basically went to E3 and saw what gamers don’t want and then said that “They weren’t Xbox One” in fact they went all gaming.... because they saw that Xone consumers weren’t impressed with the regulations of the used games etc.... and then Sony got it all figured out...

Of course Microsoft saw this and changed a few things eventually after E3 but they didn’t drop their mandatory Kinect idea.

So Sony was using a very confident Microsoft...

And that’s why Marketing can get the most sales...

Trust me.... this is what companies do.....

Microsoft was way too confident..

This is also why I think these 2 consoles should have been released a few months apart....

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tormentos

@GoldenElementXL said:

@tormentos: Yes I know what the word War means. But usually you get something for "winning" the war. What do you think you are fighting for? This place used to be a great place for debate. People actually had an idea of what the specs meant and how the industry worked. Now people just troll each other. And yes I have been here since 2004. System Wars has been on a steady decline since the start of the 360/PS3/Wii generation. Things got pretty bad when the 360 was "beating" the PS3 and Lems went nuts. Now the Cows are trying to out do the Lems.

Well i get the satisfaction of seeing StormyJoe cling into even the smallest thing when he knows he has been owned..hahaha

Come on you know there are people here 100 times worse than me,i at least try to back things up.

@StormyJoe said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

You don't own one either..hahaha

Really and how was that relevant when the PS3 was up to $300 dollars more expensive than an xbox 360.?

Did you defend the PS3 sales because the price was to high.? Tell me bear.?

Hahaha

Having a $500 price is not sony's fault it is MS,and don't act like all the crap they try to pull on people with the online require no used games and DRM didn't hurt their image,because those policies were change because MS saw abysmal pre-sales while the PS4 was selling like there was no tomorrow.

The PS4 is slightly more power,that is a question of vision,720p vs 1080p while the PS4 version even has weather simulation and the xbox one doesn't should be consider as something not so slightly,even that opinions can differ,Ron Valencia think 7970 to xbox one is a huge difference,yet other think from 7770 to 7850 there is a big enough difference to be consider huge.

Why would i include a part about power on a thread that is about sales and the desperation moves retailers are pulling,remember when i told you that 3.9 million shipped didn't = 3.9 million sold.?

This is the reason,if those units don't move retailers will not buy more units from MS or will buy way smaller numbers,the sold in 36 days 3 million units,but in January 31 days of sales only yielded 143k sales.