Quantum Break delayed to 2016[Double Confirmed!]

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

https://twitter.com/Dae_Jim/status/574935497014964224 (Dutch Community & Social Media Coordinator at Microsoft)

Uh oh.

Probably delayed it so they can launch it together with the PC version and DX12.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Delays were expected on this one, for me its good news because the holidays will be crowded already with Forza6, Halo 5, Tomb Raider, and many more lower profile games and surprises in between.

For instance this weekend I was supposed to work on my backlog and finish sp campaigns for Alien, Sunset Overdrive, Shadow of Mordor amongst several others..,,.but instead I discovered and purchased this fantastic game called Zombie Army Trilogy, and played it all weekend with friends. Things like this always happen to me, so really the QB delay news is nothing for me, but it sucks for the people who were mostly anticipating that game and for it to release in 2015, oh well, better they don't rush this one.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Wasn't the game announced at E3 2013?

Seriously?

MS finally caught on to the Sony tactic of announcing a game 3 years in advance and showing BS footage and then you can just keep showing at every other E3 as padding each year*.

(*especially effective with no release dates!)

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Oh man the new xbox has the longest name in history!

XDelayLastPlaceNoGamesBoxDone

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Well this just blows to high hell. I hope there is some suitable games to replace this one. I was really hoping they would come through with a early summer release. :-{

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_in_video_gaming

Look at this list. Be honest now, the only suitable game i'm really looking forward to is bloodborne and batman. It's looking to be another dry year.

There is a lot of other games on that list I am looking forward to. Batman is one of them. The Division is still towards the top of my list too. I know Ubi with all their bullshit but I want that game bad.

Yeah I hope the division at least breaks the mold of older Ubi titles

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@misterpmedia said:

https://twitter.com/Dae_Jim/status/574935497014964224 (Dutch Community & Social Media Coordinator at Microsoft)

Uh oh.

Twitter rumours are the best.

Shit, if this is true this makes the Bone's 2015 line up even more worse. No wonder they had to rent ROTTR.

You mean the coming months worse, because you already know that Microsoft will OWN holiday season

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@misterpmedia said:

Uh oh.

Twitter rumours are the best.

Shit, if this is true this makes the Bone's 2015 line up even more worse. No wonder they had to rent ROTTR.

You mean the coming months worse, because you already know that Microsoft will OWN holiday season

Not trying to beef, but what is coming out for Xbox this holiday season besides Halo?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts
@Zero_epyon said:

@FastRobby said:

Not trying to beef, but what is coming out for Xbox this holiday season besides Halo?

Forza 6, Tomb Raider and Halo 5 are definitely being released during holiday 2015.

Scalebound, Fable Legends (this one probably earlier), Gears of War (slight chance 2016, but one of these definitely in 2015

Phantom Dust, Crackdown (probably 2016, but we just don't know...)

So worst case 4 exclusives, but more likely 5 exclusives during holiday season. Then if you count multiplatform games that always sell great like AC, CoD, FIFA, Madden and new comer The Division. Holiday season is packed for Xbox One gamers. Why aren't these games spread throughout the whole year, who knows... But I rather have it packed like this then only having DelayClub and LBP3 to buy during holiday as exclusives.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#62 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Part of me wants to be excited about Quantum Break, but I'm just not. I think the interesting concept is that it will have a tie-in TV show, but then the TV show will likely suck. And I'm not expecting much from the gameplay - I'm thinking Alan Wake at best, and I couldn't really get into that game. It will probably end up pretty much the way Defiance did.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@sts106mat said:

can't be delayed if it never had an official release date.

I seem to remember a thread with an advert for xbox 2015 and someone mentioned that QB was missing.

Plus its Remedy, so we can expect to be waiting sometime for it.

Exactly. The game never had a release date.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#64 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Remedy should take their time to release best game possible. The last thing that we need is yet another broken game. Console war can wait.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#65 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@sts106mat said:

I seem to remember a thread with an advert for xbox 2015 and someone mentioned that QB was missing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/29/quantum-break-release-date-slips-to-2015

Stop Sam Lake from Remedy it self confirmed the game was do to 2015,were ever or not a specific day was name doesn't matter as soon as it is January 1 2016 the game officially missed its launch day which was 1 day between January 1 and December 31 2015.

Halo 5 also has a 2015 release date and Forza 6 to i guess those one will not hit this year because they don't have set and actual day like November 10 or any of that,those are assign to games as they get close to release.

Quantum Break was delay you people should stop grasping...

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

I'm not waiting any more for this last gen title.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#67 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

So the Xbox One and PS4 are trying to win my favor with Bloodborne (admittedly looks terrific) and another fucking Halo and another fucking Uncharted.

Triple A gaming be more wack, please. E3 better kick all kinds of ass this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@sts106mat said:

Errrm.

I've seen a 2015 release "window" pedaled a few time. Nice attempt at damage control though guys.

Seems the only worthwhile Xbox retail exclusive this year is going to be Halo 5.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

If and when this game comes out I will be buying an xbone again

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

If this does get delayed that would make Microsoft's holidays be Halo, Gears (remaster), Forza.

2 exclusives all year and at the end of the year would be terrible when you compare it to what Sony and Nintendo are offering.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

You know, if does get delayed, than it's pretty sad:

- Phantom Dust cancelled for a temporary period, after studio shut down

- Fable Legends no longer exclusive. Coming to windows 10.

- Quantum Break potentially delayed to 2016

- Scalebound leaks before release point to 2016 launch. Seems plausible.

- Crackdown is unkown. Hinting at 2016

If this all turns out true, literally every xb1 exclusive game MS announced at E3 of last year might no be coming out exclusivelly to the xb1 this year

development for Phantom Dust never stopped.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tormentos

@sts106mat said:

@tormentos: I know uncharted is slated for 2015, doesn't mean it will be. Sony has a proven track record of delaying games.

The Order 1886 was slated for 2014, pretty sure Bloodborne was too, Driveclub was a launch game, the last guardian was a PS3 game.........

Milo? Milo? seriously? Pretty sure that was a Peter Molyneux tech demo thing. I cannot believe you use that game here, you should be ashamed of yourself if that is the last Xbox game you can think of that was delayed.

Xbox games dont get delayed as often as Sony ones, but then, to be fair, there are more games to delay on PS consoles.

Just like MS..

No Milo was a 360 game you have memory problems dude.

http://www.gamespot.com/milo-working-title/

It was a game and got canned after morons believe the shit fake presentation about it..hahahaa

@hoosier7 said:

Errrm.

I've seen a 2015 release "window" pedaled a few time. Nice attempt at damage control though guys.

Seems the only worthwhile Xbox retail exclusive this year is going to be Halo 5.

Yep and i would not have my hopes up 343 has fail to fill Bungies shoes so far.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

typical remedy i expect late 2017!

Extrodinare101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Extrodinare101
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

Will still come out before Last Guardian.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Alcapello

@extrodinare101 said:

Will still come out before Last Guardian.

TLG was put on hold due to other game releases that came, this worked out for all party involve after all there a time and place for everyone.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Pretty much expected, its Remedy. Plus the XOne lineup is jam packed this holiday so something had to budge.

Cows always complain that Xbox's lineup is holiday-heavy, so this will help in 2016.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Probably can't get the game out of the 720p mark.

/rimshot

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By cainetao11
@hoosier7 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@sts106mat said:

Errrm.

Ok. And I like @sts106mat remember the thread about the advert NOT having QB in the 2015 window. No hard date. You and @tormentos feel differently. Show me the hard data on a release date then.

I remember @SolidTy and I discussing it in that thread I believe. I certainly hoped for 2015. But had to agree with him that knowing Remedy it was very likely it wouldn't be 2015.

But I do drink and post a little too often, so I could be wrong.

EDIT: "Quantum Break is “likely delayed” to early 2016 according to Dae Jim, who calls himself “a Dutch Community and Social Media Coordinator at Microsoft.” The game never had an official release date announced by either Microsoft or Remedy, but Xbox One fans had hoped to see the third-person shooter with a time manipulation hook this year. Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1910334/rumor-xbox-one-exclusive-quantum-break-pushed-to-2016-but-can-source-be-believed/#fm6ySbyjKLAJ5OOR.99"

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Quantum Wait!

lol the lem damage control was strong and swift but was quickly deflated to the anger and displeasure of the drone defense squad.

QB was actually the only impressive looking high profile exclusive the bone had coming and it's going to miss 2015. Xbone has NO GAMES!

I called this a long time ago, with lems hyping the 2013 launch line up that almost all available on PC now in superior form, because everyone should know how MS operates by now, but lem are gluttons for punishment.

lol at people who impulse bought xbone last holiday because of the fire sale MS had and now no worth while game til next holiday season when there will be another fire sale. With Quantum Break out the picture for 2015 xbone won't be worth a purchase for at least another year if MS is even still supporting the thing.

What's good for xbone in 2015 you ask? Wait 8 more months and you can play another Halo/Forza duo. xbros: "GREAT!"

Xbone 2015 line up

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

His name doesn't come up when I try to add him in our employee database so I don't know who this guy is...

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

LOL at cows coming in full force, while they patiently wait for a good PS4 exclusive and Last guardian.

Greatness awaits, and waits, and waits.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tormentos

@cainetao11 said:

Ok. And I like @sts106mat remember the thread about the advert NOT having QB in the 2015 window. No hard date. You and @tormentos feel differently. Show me the hard data on a release date then.

I remember @SolidTy and I discussing it in that thread I believe. I certainly hoped for 2015. But had to agree with him that knowing Remedy it was very likely it wouldn't be 2015.

EDIT: "Quantum Break is “likely delayed” to early 2016 according to Dae Jim, who calls himself “a Dutch Community and Social Media Coordinator at Microsoft.” The game never had an official release date announced by either Microsoft or Remedy, but Xbox One fans had hoped to see the third-person shooter with a time manipulation hook this year. Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1910334/rumor-xbox-one-exclusive-quantum-break-pushed-to-2016-but-can-source-be-believed/#fm6ySbyjKLAJ5OOR.99"

WTF i just gave you a link to the video where Sam Lake developer at Remedy stated the game is coming in 2015,now were ever or not the exact day been known it was slated for 2015 which 2016 is not what the fu** man,..hahaha

So it is confirmed then the xbox one has no games for 2015..

Halo 5 doesn't have a date just a 2015 release so does Forza 6 so no game for xbox one this year boy how sad..

The game had a 2015 launch date now that goes from January 1 to December 31..

The game was delay man stop.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 tormentos

@RR360DD said:

Pretty much expected, its Remedy. Plus the XOne lineup is jam packed this holiday so something had to budge.

Cows always complain that Xbox's lineup is holiday-heavy, so this will help in 2016.

Jam pack with what.?

Halo and Forza again.?

Last year Halo MCC and Forza Horizon 2,this year halo 5 and Forza 6 damn is the damn mary go round already started,the xbox is not 2 year old by october 2015 and already it would have 3 Forza games release..

It total bullshit you people have shit to play for the first 9 months of this year and then on the last 3 2 games look shaky Quantum Break and Phantom Dust,that leave Halo and Forza again,since Tomb Raider will be also on PC and has a very late release date of December who knows if its slide into 2016 as well..

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Seriously?

MS finally caught on to the Sony tactic of announcing a game 3 years in advance and showing BS footage and then you can just keep showing at every other E3 as padding each year*.

You mean like how Sony revealed Alan Wake at their 2005 E3 conference using PC footage and didn't release the game til 2010 being totally downgraded sub-720p and all?

Oh wait, my bad you were trying to damage control for MS just to show how much of a biased xbox fanboy you can be by throwing Sony in this when MS had this EXACT same of situation last gen.

Let's all just pretend this is something MS picked up from sony so xbox fanboys can sleep better at night. Fakeboy lemmits coming out the wood work when it's time to go in deep to defend their lord MS. Any more hypocritical, one-sided and blind fanboy jabs you'd like to take at Sony to take the focus off this MS delay situation?

SMH, this place is still in need of a few more non-fanboy crazy mods.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 cainetao11

@tormentos:

@tormentos said:

@cainetao11 said:

WTF i just gave you a link to the video where Sam Lake developer at Remedy stated the game is coming in 2015,now were ever or not the exact day been known it was slated for 2015 which 2016 is not what the fu** man,..hahaha

So it is confirmed then the xbox one has no games for 2015..

Halo 5 doesn't have a date just a 2015 release so does Forza 6 so no game for xbox one this year boy how sad..

The game had a 2015 launch date now that goes from January 1 to December 31..

The game was delay man stop.

Sorry on mobile, and no links showed up. Yeah I remember that vid now. Still the delay hasn't been confirmed yet. You just believe the guy because his name is Dae Jim? Even though Aaron Greenberg has tweeted he has no Idea who this person is? Of course you do.

Knowing Remedy it wont surprise me if it is, afterall Alan Wake was delayed a bit.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#87 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44568 Posts

Not surprised, after all didn't it take Remedy a great deal of time to finish Alan Wake?

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Seriously?

You mean like how Sony revealed Alan Wake at their 2005 E3 conference using PC footage and didn't release the game til 2010 being totally downgraded sub-720p and all?

Oh wait, my bad you were trying to damage control for MS just to show how much of a biased xbox fanboy you can be by throwing Sony in this when MS had this EXACT same of situation last gen.

Let's all just pretend this is something MS picked up from sony so xbox fanboys can sleep better at night. Fakeboy lemmits coming out the wood work when it's time to go in deep to defend their lord MS. Any more hypocritical, one-sided and blind fanboy jabs you'd like to take at Sony to take the focus off this MS delay situation?

SMH, this place is still in need of a few more non-fanboy crazy mods.

The paranoiastation must mess with people's minds.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

While i agree MS announces stuff too soon, did cows just forget about Driveclub and The Order?

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Seriously?

You do realize that Sony didn't even release PS3 til 2006 right?

factoids://///

Alan Wake is a survival horror video game developed by Remedy Entertainment and published by Microsoft Game Studios.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Wake

ALAN WAKE / 18 MAY 2005

E3 2005: ALAN WAKE ANNOUNCED

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/05/18/e3-2005-alan-wake-announced

Alan Wake [XBOX 360]

Release Date(s)

14 May 2010 Worldwide

http://games.gamepressure.com/game_info.asp?ID=5096

Just sayin...

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Alcapello

Fck it scrap it, and maybe scrap some other developments as well.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#93  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

@SecretPolice: Ori isn't exclusive. I wouldn't even be surprside if it sold more on Steam too

Not when it's marketed for Xbox.

Transistor got heavy marketing for the ps4, and going by to the Arstechinca article, it sold alot more on Steam

Yeah Transistor is a small indie title and came out when PS4 had not much more than a million units. PC was kicking with over 80 million steam users.

Nice, moving goalposts. Try not to be so predictable next time cow.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@scottpsfan14: Are you doing drugs again, Scott?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

It looks like this is more fake than originally thought. This guy could be a troll or trying to be important.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#98 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@remiks00 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

@SecretPolice: Ori isn't exclusive. I wouldn't even be surprside if it sold more on Steam too

Not when it's marketed for Xbox.

Transistor got heavy marketing for the ps4, and going by to the Arstechinca article, it sold alot more on Steam

Yeah Transistor is a small indie title and came out when PS4 had not much more than a million units. PC was kicking with over 80 million steam users.

Nice, moving goalposts. Try not to be so predictable next time cow.

What do you want me to say? That it's a square win for PC because Transistor sold more with more units? Or since this is system wars, I should squash the truth for the sake of the argument? You have a chip on your shoulder. It's pretty sad.

Lol, let's not talk about "chips on shoulders". Funny, coming from Mr. SonyDefenseForce himself. You, and your wall of texts with anything that has to do with PC. How's real life treatin ya? I digress.

The fact still remains that it got heavy marketing for PS4, just like Ori for the Xbone. Your excuse is that there wasn't enough PS4 owners to get the game at the time. Cool, I'll agree. So how much has the game sold on PS4 since then, now that we're up to 20+ million consoles sold. So if it still sold more on PC? Will you still use your "Steam has more users" card? That's what I was calling you out on cow. ;)

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Alcapello

@scottpsfan14 said:
@remiks00 said:

Lol, let's not talk about "chips on shoulders". Funny, coming from Mr. SonyDefenseForce himself. You, and your wall of texts with anything that has to do with PC. How's real life treatin ya? I digress.

The fact still remains that it got heavy marketing for PS4, just like Ori for the Xbone. Your excuse is that there wasn't enough PS4 owners to get the game at the time. Cool, I'll agree. So how much has the game sold on PS4 since then, now that we're up to 20+ million consoles sold. So if it still sold more on PC? Will you still use your "Steam has more users" card? That's what I was calling you out on cow. ;)

So what's your problem if you agree? The game isn't exactly in the limelight right now so no it won't be selling amazing on PS4 at the moment. Lets say a game released with 30 million console units in homes, the picture would be different. That's all I ever said or meant.

And I am not a Sony defense force. I'd defend whatever deserves defending on any platform. For instance, I'm glad PC gamers stood up to MS with the XBL fees. It's an open platform and should stay that way. I wasn't even trolling and you're acting like I'm a relentless cow. I'm not.

Amazing