Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20130 Posts

@ermacness said:

@Zero_epyon:

You still couldn't build a PC equivalent to the price of a ps5, and it performs better than the ps5.

1) We don't know the price yet.

2) Why would you want to?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

@ermacness said:

@Zero_epyon:

You still couldn't build a PC equivalent to the price of a ps5, and it performs better than the ps5.

Along with what @Zero_epyon said above, the PS5 has yet to release. So, along with not knowing the price (or by-and-large the specs,) we also have 3/4 of a year to see how hardware prices fluctuate. Now, I still suspect that Sony will sell at somewhat of a loss, so we'd need to take into account that factor.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@tormentos:

1) Lol, but you get to talk about the "7000" games that the ps3 supposedly had (Seriously, do you just pluck figures from your fanboy warped brain?) because you're NOT a ps fanboy??

2) You're are moaning. Another silly fanboy actually tried the "No games" troll when describing x1, and when I correctly pointed out that x1 actually has more playable games than ps4....you moan "BC games dont count" but want me to accept that "7000 games" were playable on ps3 which a) is wrong and b) has got nothing to do with x1 and ps4 figures.

3) I have no idea what language "avode" is, so I guess I'll just have to laugh at your other points.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11620 Posts

@sealionact said:

@fedor: They both have over 2000 native games without bc. My point was the '"no games" troll isn't even a troll anymore.

The no games meme only came around because Xbox games went to PC thus not having exclusives to the console anymore. That and the lack of quality coming out of MS's first party. The latter of which is still highly memeable.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 sealionact

@fedor: No it didnt. "No games" has been a common meme by ps fanboys since launch...which is why the guy didnt say "no exclusives".

The fact that tormy got his knickers in a twist talking about games and not exclusives proves my point.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Fedor

@sealionact: Not that I remember, if anything at the start of the gen Xbox had more games and it was the "greatness awaits" memes that reigned. I'm getting some revisionist history vibes from you.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

People who are expecting the PS5 to be compatible with PS3 games are dreaming. PS4 games, yes, but not PS3, as the architecture is too different and they won't put a Cell processor and RSX GPU in there. Physical PS3 games haven't been sold new for years and most casuals just play the new shit, so there is no incentive for them to work out something so complicated.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 sealionact

@fedor: And I'm getting goalpost movement vibes from you....we were talking about the number of games playable, not exclusives....

Tormy does stuff like that.

Don't be a tormy.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Fedor

@sealionact: You started referencing the no games memes, I didn't move any goalposts. They didn't come about at the start of the gen, thats just a fact. I already made my statement regarding BC and its use as a crutch.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 sealionact

@fedor: Nope, the guy I replied to started referencing the no games meme. I replied it has more than ps4. You queried that. I replied specifying bc. You scoffed at including bc, but then included bc with ps5, I pointed out that they both have over 2000 games not counting bc which is when you started interpreting the original "without any games" as "no exclusives".

Enter the moving goalposts.

Sometimes you just have to shrug and move on mate.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

i don't find that to be that shocking tbh.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Fedor

@sealionact said:

@fedor: Nope, the guy I replied to started referencing the no games meme. I replied it has more than ps4.

Yeah, and then I explained the meme to you, you clearly didn't understand it.

You queried that. I replied specifying bc. You scoffed at including bc, but then included bc with ps5,

I did, I found it to be lol worthy. Then I used PS5 having BC to disprove your statement about Xboxs supposed advantage next gen.

I pointed out that they both have over 2000 games not counting bc

PS4 has significantly more games though not counting the BC crutch that you need to have any sort of argument to cling to.

which is when you started interpreting the original "without any games" as "no exclusives".

Yeah, once again I had to explain the meme to you since you clearly didn't understand it.

Enter the moving goalposts.

Enter revisionist history and misinformation. I literally didn't move any goalposts.

Sometimes you just have to shrug and move on mate.

You probably should unless you're going to come with some substance for once.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#113 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

Just build a PC folks :D

I'll even help you. Don't touch the shiny parts, and stick the small stuff in the sockets on the big flat thing where they look like they fit.

@Pedro said:

Price wars. LOL

Better than resolution wars :P The race to 4K! Who can say they can do it but not really do it right?!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sealionact said:

@tormentos:

1) Lol, but you get to talk about the "7000" games that the ps3 supposedly had (Seriously, do you just pluck figures from your fanboy warped brain?) because you're NOT a ps fanboy??

2) You're are moaning. Another silly fanboy actually tried the "No games" troll when describing x1, and when I correctly pointed out that x1 actually has more playable games than ps4....you moan "BC games dont count" but want me to accept that "7000 games" were playable on ps3 which a) is wrong and b) has got nothing to do with x1 and ps4 figures.

3) I have no idea what language "avode" is, so I guess I'll just have to laugh at your other points.

1-No you try to use xbox and 360 game to ryse the count of xbox one games.

2-Again i don't want you to accept 7000 games,i showed you how silly your argument is,and how lemmings didn't care about BC in 2006 regardless of the PS3 having one of the best BC ever done on a platform.

3-Sure you dont chump. Above.

No matter what my grammathical skills are not as bad as your arguments.

@sealionact said:

@fedor: No it didnt. "No games" has been a common meme by ps fanboys since launch...which is why the guy didnt say "no exclusives".

The fact that tormy got his knickers in a twist talking about games and not exclusives proves my point.

That is a FALSE narrative in fact the xbox one on launch even had exclusives and lemmings claimed here they were better than PS4,and in fact claimed the PS4 had no games.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbox-one-or-ps4-30955732/?page=1

I don't even have to swim far to find such threads,which directly compared both line ups.

What changed? That the xbox loss its exclusives and BC became a THING because games on xbox one were flopping score wise after 2014.

There was no BC at launch and non of you parade for it either,it became a thing when MS reveal it was working on it and sony would not.

@mrbojangles25 said:

I'll even help you. Don't touch the shiny parts, and stick the small stuff in the sockets on the big flat thing where they look like they fit.

@Pedro said:

Price wars. LOL

Better than resolution wars :P The race to 4K! Who can say they can do it but not really do it right?!

Sorry but no potato PC this time will beat those consoles on launch or close it will cost you more upfront.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 sealionact

@fedor: I already did. I said x1 actually has more playable games than ps4.

That's games that you can play on x1...not exclusives.

You bought that up when you changed the subject from games to exclusives.

Btw, if you're saying that someone means exclusives when they said games, what should they say when they want to talk about games?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 sealionact

@tormentos: Your argument is just sailing avode my head.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Fedor

@sealionact said:

@fedor: I already did. I said x1 actually has more playable games than ps4.

Yeah, we've went over this now. I lol'd because its funny you need to include old games since PS4 has a large advantage in current gen.

That's games that you can play on x1...not exclusives.

Ok... You still haven't even proven this btw.

You bought that up when you changed the subject from games to exclusives.

Oof, I didn't change any subject, I explained a meme to you that you clearly have no clue what it meant. You thought it literally means "no games" on the console when it doesn't. You took a meme completely literally showing your complete ignorance on how memes work. You also lied saying it was a meme since launch. Ive only responded to topics you yourself have brought up.

Btw, if you're saying that someone means exclusives when they said games, what should they say when they want to talk about games?

Bro, its a joke meme... What are you on about? I explained it to you already, you can google it if you want, since "google is your friend".

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 mrbojangles25

@tormentos said:

@mrbojangles25 said:

@Pedro said:

Price wars. LOL

Sorry but no potato PC this time will beat those consoles on launch or close it will cost you more upfront.

The next-gen consoles were already beat the second the schematics and specs were drawn out.

But if that's not enough, they also lack:

• near-infinite backwards compatibility
  • a huge game library in a broad spectrum of genres
  • vast selection of input devices
  • an incredibly fun and growing independent game movement
  • home of VR and VR development
  • and much, much more...

Obviously a modest PC is more expensive than a 500+ USD console, but at that point it just seems like it's worth it to shell out 30% more money and get 500% more benefit in return.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@daredevils2k: You do know the PS camera almost came bundled with the PS4, right? It’s not out of the realm of possibility that the PS5, which will also feature a VR headset, could have come packaged with a camera.

You’re spewing a bunch of insults and you don’t know what you’re talking about... #systemwars

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#120  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69816 Posts

@mrbojangles25: @tormentos: Geesh! When would you people learn that gamers would game where ever they please regardless of any pros or cons either of you can list. The fact is that millions of gamers game on either devices which are both dwarfed by mobile. I am not sure what is the point arguing about consoles versus PC because neither side is going to budge and no-one really cares.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 mrbojangles25

@Pedro said:

@mrbojangles25: @tormentos: Geesh! When would you people learn that gamers would game where ever they please regardless of any pros or cons either of you can list. The fact is that millions of gamers game on either devices which are both dwarfed by mobile. I am not sure what is the point arguing about consoles versus PC because neither side is going to budge and no-one really cares.

Oh I know, I just enjoy debatingarguing squabbling for the sport of it.

PC RULEZ!

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Gatygun said:

Like console gamers care about hardware. If they did they would have dropped there PS4 for a PC a long time ago.

Also most hardware in that PS5 doesn't make a lot of sense. they just make it more expensive for the sake of it. It's pretty much sony going out of there way to get blu-ray and cell going while u have perfect replacements for that, that costs a fraction of the money and give you about the same results.

It's pointless. Specially when those boxes will be targeted anywhere for the low end spec solution. So what's the point. Not like uncharted devs can't make another uncharted on a weaker box.

Price is what matters, 399 was already steep specially with the 100 buck extra costs for online, game and another controller most likely if not more. that's 500 bucks. a ton of money for a lot of people.

Now they wanna slam another 100 above it? so they can validate a ssd drive they don't even remotely need, and there 4/8k resolution hunt that could simple be pushed on 1080p and put in half the gpu performance?

It's laughable at best.

In the meanwhile nintendo offers you a switch for 199 and a game that's 250 and done u are.

It's a exactly repeat again from sony PS3 area in my view.

Yeah like the majority of PC gamers care about hardware right? I guess that is why the 2080Ti has a 99% penetration on steam and 99% of PC gamers run its games in 4k ultra..

Oh wait is not even close those kind of GPU don't even reach 5% let alone 99%,and the huge majority of steam play games on 1080p a resolution make popular by consoles and Blu-ray.

When 1080p begin yo appear higher resolution on PC already existed,so why most people don't play on those?

Really so what CPU in 2006 could handle GPU task as well as Cell? Not even Intel had one.

What media was close to blu-ray? In fact sony future proofed their media delivery,MS didn't which is why the xbox 360 is the console with the most games on multiple disk of any console even beating the PS1,when sony was making the PS2 they saw that CD wasn't cutting it as storage FF7 took 3 CD's in 2007 man,the PS2 release on 2000,in fact on launch some games on PS2 were CD,by the first year most were on DVD.

The same happen with DVD by 2005 sony already was using DVD dual layer so was MS,sony took measures to ensure games would not require 3 DVD,and guess what by 2006 the first xbox 360 game blu-dragon spammed across several disc.

Blu-ray was need it.

So tell me what does the PS5 has that isn't need it?

If you believe that the PS5 can get away with 5200rpm hdd like the PS4 you simply don't know what your talking about,and don't know what sony is trying to accomplish which is why MS is also doing the same,but i don't see you say anything about that.

The PS5 will not be a 1080p neither will be the xbox series X,those machines have GPU capable of 4k with much more easy than the xbox one X.

Meanwhile Nintendo offer a switch light which has no connection to TV in other words a $200 dollar portable is what you are getting.

The Normal 1 is $300 without a game and you also have to pay for online play.]

I don't think the xbox or PS5 will be able to be sold under $500 on launch for the kind of hardware they have and both will be totally worth it from a hardware stand point of view.

1) PC has all kinds of hardware isn't limited by it. So your whole argument here is useless. PS4 that releases will be the base model and if they set that on 500 bucks that's expensive as hell for absolute no reason other then chasing there 4k dream.

2) Blu-ray was useless because nothing used it. Only sony games dropped uncompressed shit on the disc because they could but not because they needed it. The few games that came on multidiscs would simple be installed and that was even in the PC area on CD-roms totally normal.

That blu-ray prevent 10 games if you even had those games from swapping a disc on just a install once if you already didn't had the digital game anyway so even more rare. Then yea gg totally worth it to drop that 200 buck blu-ray drive into that box.

Sony dropped it on the PS3 because they thought it would be the new standard after dvd, yet after dvd the media market died out entirely in first world country and other country's would simple just stick with dvd's. Blu-rays wheren't even a thing here where i live. everybody moved over towards digital after dvd's.

Also 99% of the games in that area where completely builed around the dual layer dvd solution.

But anyway nice trying tho. If sony could they would have never dropped that cell and blu-ray in that box. Cell was proven by deleting it entirely out of the box with the PS4, blu-ray stayed because now it made sense to provide it as consoles are waaaay behind with digital market. PC never even saw blu-rays as result as digital took it over.

So yea PS3 blu-ray was utterly useless other then pushing there blu-ray market forwards at the cost of tanking the company entirely financially, and cell was so useless a simple xbox CPU did the job perfectly fine for the duration of its life time.

3) hardware

Sadly for you i know exactly what i am talking about.

Any 6 core ryzen ( 8 core is like 20 buck difference on that department )

16gb of gddr55600 amd gpu

sata 3 ssd

done.

Price if you would buy it for PC?

100 bucks CPU

16gb memory = 60 bucks ( obviously u can't buy gddr memory for PC

sata 3 ssd 40 bucks

GPU = 100 bucks

Total = 300 bucks.

Now obviously they need more parts to make a console, but they are not paying the 100 bucks a pc gamer has to pay for a CPU which includes a CPU cooler with it and the same goes for the other parts they probably only pay half of it or a 3rd which covers all the other parts easily. hell even the cooler in the PS4 costs them less then a buck as example.

To give u a idea about performance:

5700xt with 3950x runs battlefield 5 at 61 fps at 4k.

3950x + RX470 runs battlefield 5 at 62 fps at 1080p

RX580 ( xbox one X GPU ) runs it at 65 fps with 1600 ryzen and 72 fps with 3950x.

Now they could obviously go for new architectures etc but honestly performance is already there.

And that's why i get to the point of stop chasing 4k and make a box that actually is payable, Sony is far over there head into this 4k nonsense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@Gatygun said:

2) Blu-ray was useless because nothing used it. Only sony games dropped uncompressed shit on the disc because they could but not because they needed it. The few games that came on multidiscs would simple be installed and that was even in the PC area on CD-roms totally normal.

That blu-ray prevent 10 games if you even had those games from swapping a disc on just a install once if you already didn't had the digital game anyway so even more rare. Then yea gg totally worth it to drop that 200 buck blu-ray drive into that box.

Sony dropped it on the PS3 because they thought it would be the new standard after dvd, yet after dvd the media market died out entirely in first world country and other country's would simple just stick with dvd's. Blu-rays wheren't even a thing here where i live. everybody moved over towards digital after dvd's.

The Blu-ray drive cost about 125 per PS3, not 200.

Physical media was still huge after DVD. It didn't "die out entirely." Wtf are you talking about?

Not all compression is good. Some of it is awful.

Physical media should never completely disappear. Only a naive corporate cocksucker would want a future where you have to download or stream everything through accounts from the various companies.

XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts

I remember the PS2 costing $999 on its day of release here, lol

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 sealionact

@fedor:

"No Games"

"LOADS of games"

"Dont believe you"

"Here...see?"

"Yeah but that game doesn't count, this does."

"Fine, theres still a load of games"

"We didnt mean games"

"Then why did you talk about games up until now?"

"Its a joke"

Your defense is crumbling mate, but it's quite fun listening to you try.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#126 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

So what we've learned is that Tormy is having a meltdown with anyone & everyone, and that Sony have no balls and will wait for MS to price theirs before they mention price.

If MS was smart they would leave the price until the last minute and watch Sony sweat bullets LOL.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#127 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

@vfighter said:

@KillzoneSnake: So is Xbox Live also a scam then?

Paying to play online is a scam, yes.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2146 Posts

Might as well be 600, as long as every game is at least 60fps. That's the primary reason why I held out from buying a PS4/Pro - 30fps games. I just don't need that BS in my life.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@goldenelementxl: That's why you don't purchase a console on launch day and wait several years.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7256 Posts

£500 is what I expected looking at specs of the system. Sony have been very silent on what's going on did hear rumours they said to investors they are waiting to see what the competitors are doing. A lot of change and shuffling around the job titles has been unsony like.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Fedor

@sealionact said:

@fedor:

"No Games"

Meme joke to piss off fanboys.

"LOADS of games"

You took the meme literally.

"Dont believe you"

Didn't believe that Xbox had more games, asked a question that you clearly have misinterpreted as me saying no game has ever existed on Xbox.

"Here...see?"

You showed absolutely no proof of your claim.

What game?

Never said there wasn't games.

"We didnt mean games"

Had to explain to you the what the meme "xbox has no games" meant and where it originated from.

What?

"Its a joke"

Memes are jokes, this one was designed to anger xbox fanboys. It appears that it had great effect upon you.

I didn't defend anything.

It would be a lot easier for you to just admit you had no clue what the meme was about instead of looking silly... What are you even arguing at this point? What am I defending in your mind? Are you high?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56227 Posts

@BassMan said:

Meh, I want the next-gen GPUs. Bring on that 7nm Ampere goodness.

If the price is right on a 3080, then I'll gladly upgrade from my 2070. It's not like I'll be buying PS5 anytime soon.

As for the price, $500 is pretty much all of us expected to be anyways. I'm sure MS would love to price XSX $600.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 tormentos

@mrbojangles25 said:

The next-gen consoles were already beat the second the schematics and specs were drawn out.

But if that's not enough, they also lack:

• near-infinite backwards compatibility
  • a huge game library in a broad spectrum of genres
  • vast selection of input devices
  • an incredibly fun and growing independent game movement
  • home of VR and VR development
  • and much, much more...

Obviously a modest PC is more expensive than a 500+ USD console, but at that point it just seems like it's worth it to shell out 30% more money and get 500% more benefit in return.

Yeah is you are talking about having something more powerful which isn't the argument here.

building a PC that beat the PS5 and xbox series X will cost more period is not debatable,because the parts been use are more expensive than last time. Just like on 2005 2006 last gen.

Just because windows have is compatible with many games and programs doesn't mean all are,there are games that simply not run and other were you will have to play with compatibility modes in order to make them work and many times they will work with bugs or stop working all of the sudden.

There is no doubt that you can do more things with a PC that wasn't the argument.

Basically you are trying to find anything to beat a single argument i make,this time if you want to beat those consoles it will cost more.

@Gatygun said:

1) PC has all kinds of hardware isn't limited by it. So your whole argument here is useless. PS4 that releases will be the base model and if they set that on 500 bucks that's expensive as hell for absolute no reason other then chasing there 4k dream.

Also 99% of the games in that area where completely builed around the dual layer dvd solution.

But anyway nice trying tho. If sony could they would have never dropped that cell and blu-ray in that box. Cell was proven by deleting it entirely out of the box with the PS4, blu-ray stayed because now it made sense to provide it as consoles are waaaay behind with digital market. PC never even saw blu-rays as result as digital took it over.

So yea PS3 blu-ray was utterly useless other then pushing there blu-ray market forwards at the cost of tanking the company entirely financially, and cell was so useless a simple xbox CPU did the job perfectly fine for the duration of its life time.

3) hardware

Sadly for you i know exactly what i am talking about.

Any 6 core ryzen ( 8 core is like 20 buck difference on that department )

16gb of gddr55600 amd gpu

sata 3 ssd

done.

Price if you would buy it for PC?

100 bucks CPU

16gb memory = 60 bucks ( obviously u can't buy gddr memory for PC

sata 3 ssd 40 bucks

GPU = 100 bucks

Total = 300 bucks.

Now obviously they need more parts to make a console, but they are not paying the 100 bucks a pc gamer has to pay for a CPU which includes a CPU cooler with it and the same goes for the other parts they probably only pay half of it or a 3rd which covers all the other parts easily. hell even the cooler in the PS4 costs them less then a buck as example.

To give u a idea about performance:

5700xt with 3950x runs battlefield 5 at 61 fps at 4k.

3950x + RX470 runs battlefield 5 at 62 fps at 1080p

RX580 ( xbox one X GPU ) runs it at 65 fps with 1600 ryzen and 72 fps with 3950x.

Now they could obviously go for new architectures etc but honestly performance is already there.

And that's why i get to the point of stop chasing 4k and make a box that actually is payable, Sony is far over there head into this 4k nonsense.

1-It totally kill the notion that PC gamers care about hardware,if having nothing but the best graphics and performance is your north you are not going to buy a freaking 2060GPU and a 4 core CPU and play at 1080p.

Even worse you try to defend PC which will actually cost you MORE than the PS5 will at $500,for $500 on PC you will not get a PC that perform like the PS5 period you will not.

2-WTF are you talking about? The xbox 360 didn't allow games to be installed from disc until like 2010,on 2006 MS had a game already in 3 disc,oh by the way 3 DUAL LAYER DVD which mean total data of that games was close or over 20GB,the xbox 360 HDD would not even give you 20GB of clean storage on 2006.

Saying Blu-ray was use for nothing is a joke,the PS3 was the only console capable of playing high definition movies out of the damn box,it was the only one with 7.1 loss less oudio as well,and gave room for developer to add extra content,instead of cutting it and selling it latter as DLC which is what MS push developer to do.

You know how expensive 1080p TV were on 2006? So you mean to tell me that you wanted a HDTV just to play games? And do nothing more? Go ahead so i can call you a liar since it was demostrated that xbox live GOLD users were using its live member to watch more netflix than actually play games by 2011.

By that time many were the games on xbox 360 in multiple disc,bringing PC into this will not help your case,as PC has install games since for ever,even when they came on CD you still need it to install them.

Basically you have no argument what so ever,

Assassin’s Creed 3 - 2 Disks

Blue Dragon - 3 Disks

Borderlands GOTY - 2 Disks

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - 2 Disks

Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen - 2 Disks

Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion GOTY - 3 Disks

Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim Legendary Edition - 2 Disks

Dead Space 2 - 2 Disks

Dead Space 3 - 2 Disks

Final Fantasy XIII - 3 Disks

Fallout 3 GOTY - 2 Disks

Fallout New Vegas GOTY - 2 Disks

Forza Motorsport 3 - 2 Disks

Forza Motorsport 4 - 2 Disks

GTA 5 -2 Disks

Halo 4 - 2 Disks

Infinite Undiscovery - 2 Disks

LA Noire - 3 Disks (Complete Edition is 4 discs)

The Last Remnant - 2 Disks

Lost Odyssey - 4 Disks

Mass Effect 2 - 2 Disks

Mass Effect 3 - 2 Disks

Max Payne 3 - 2 Disks

Medal of Honour Warfighter - 2 Disks

Rage - 3 Disks

Star Ocean: The Last Hope - 3 Disks

The Witcher 2 - 2 Disks

And there are more This ^^ is a failiure to see a problem that was comming a game like Rage on 3 damn disc is lol worty.

Saying Blu-ray prevented 10 games from not using multiple disc is a joke,and show how out of touch you are with reality pretty much after 2006 all games used more than 10GB.

Just like DVD wasn't need it in 2000,Sega had a GB rom and Nintendo came with a smaller 1.8GB disc as well,but why did sony went DVD? Because on 2000 maybe it would have been totally need it,but pushing forward it would be,and it was GTA3 would have requires multiple CD's in order to work,forse GT3 used a streaming data process that would have been render null if the game would have require you to change disc.

It was about the future so how much space did rage use on xbox 360? How much space Mass Effect 2 took?

Games would simply go up and up.

Uncharted 3 took like 40GB man by 2012,sony future proofed its console MS didn't.

So much it was an advantage that MS make a damn policy that blocked 3rd party developers from releasing extra content on blu-ray disc for sony,of the version of sony came with anything extra MS would simply BLOCK the game in certification and would not allow it to pass,which is why many developer had to take the extra content and give it in downloadable form to circuvent MS policies.

That good Blu-ray was.

The Xenon doing what Cell did? Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....NO wai wait...

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Man you are blind a fu** the Xenon CPU was a piece of shit,most of what the Cell did was handle by the xbox 360 GPU not CPU,you are clueless.

The arguments for sony haters always come to the same end Blu-ray wasn't need it because i say so as a blind fanboy,lets ignore than games were been release in multiple disc left and right even with MS extreme compression tools.

Blu-ray was need it it wasn't about 2006 it was about 2012 and how big games would be then,which is why we have now quad layer blu-ray because such as Forza pass the damn 100GB mark,now haw many games on 2013 pass 50GB let alone 100GB? Fast forward 6+ years and they already do.

Blu-ray is teh standard media for movies buffoon,it replaced DVD period,people now watch more streaming which is different,and is not my fault that you live in zimbabue or Greenland and Blu-ray didn't make it there.

Your country doesn't represent the complete world,this is something that affect lemmings badly who believe only one place reprecent the whole world.

Sony loss money because they gave you great tech for an absurb price,which is what you are freakingly argumenting again,here you are crying about how $500 is to damn expensive,price is what matter is what you claim,then try like a damn fool to make an argument for PC.

The PS5 will probably be $500 get over it,get a damn decent job that allow you to throw $100 more at something totally worth it.

The xbox 360 on 2005 was $400 without online play and with 20GB HDD,no wifi.

Wifi adapter was $100,extra 20GB was 100,and HD-DVD was 200,add $50 for online play and tell me how much that is?

Yeah sony gave you all that for $600 + 20GB more on storage,a superior medium with higher capacity to HD-DVD media card reader and wifi.

Cry ll you want the PS3 was a steal for what it had even compare to the xbox 360,hell the 20GB model was even better it was just $50 damn dollars more than the xbox 360 $50 damn dollars more and came with free online play all gen by the second year already you make those $50 back.

Let me get this right.

You want sony to release a NEW playstation console with a damn RX580 so they can give it for $100 less?

WTF are you smocking man really why the fu** would i want a RX580 when it will cost sony a few dollars more getting a Navi one that is better.

Your argument is lets hold back tech so we can save $100 man you need a better job,i for all don't like playing for online play because i consider it a rip off,but if the hardware been sold to me is great i don't have a problem paying an extra $400 for god sake sony and MS steal $60 from you each year for nothing,allowing your console to connect to another console using your own internet.

You clearly have no idea how consoles are built.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@tormentos:

Bu bu but your an alt HAH

Genuine emotions towards a gaming machine HAH

That’slit on the front of your PS4 says insert disc, not dick

Fannyboys HAH

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Pedro

Now that is what you call an Epic meltdown. Congrats Torm.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 tormentos

@sealionact said:

@fedor:

"No Games"

"LOADS of games"

"Dont believe you"

"Here...see?"

"We didnt mean games"

"Its a joke"

Man you are all over the place,the moment you try to count backward compatible games as xbox one games is the moment you loss the argument.

You are making a victory dance while been on a losing team.

@i_p_daily said:

So what we've learned is that Tormy is having a meltdown with anyone & everyone, and that Sony have no balls and will wait for MS to price theirs before they mention price.

If MS was smart they would leave the price until the last minute and watch Sony sweat bullets LOL.

You don't know what the word meltdown means.

So has MS reveal its price yet?

So MS has no balls and is also wating.

Yeah the only problem with that is that it would also hurt MS,you can't wait until the last minute and say my machine will be $500 or $600 and think people will not react.

I my self don't see neither been under $500,which is fair considering that not even 2 and half years ago the X model was been sold for $500 and the Pro for $400,and this machines will have faster NVE storage,really capable CPU and more powerful GPU,hell i think even more ram as well.

But just so you know this article is based on NADN and DRAM prices rising,which mean this also will 100% affect MS hell i think even more,because you buy in great quantities,and i don't see MS buying more than sony,MS has sold 40+ million xbox sony 100+ PS4 so if anyone can get a better price from AMD is sony.

@davillain- said:
@BassMan said:

Meh, I want the next-gen GPUs. Bring on that 7nm Ampere goodness.

If the price is right on a 3080, then I'll gladly upgrade from my 2070. It's not like I'll be buying PS5 anytime soon.

As for the price, $500 is pretty much all of us expected to be anyways. I'm sure MS would love to price XSX $600.

I hope not if the xbox series X end up in $600 man the memes will not end..

$600 dolluss..🤣

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By tormentos

@bluestars said:

@tormentos:

Bu bu but your an alt HAH

Genuine emotions towards a gaming machine HAH

That’slit on the front of your PS4 says insert disc, not dick

Fannyboys HAH

You poor lemming i wonder who may you be..

Blackace?Or maybe kinglemming..lol

@Pedro said:

Na this is my normal posting style since i arrived in this place,i always sound as if a blood vessel would pop..lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Pedro

@tormentos: I am glad you weren't responding to me because I will tell you now, I would not read that lengthy response. No offense to you.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#139 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@tormentos: You know the difference? MS never said they were waiting on the competition whereas Sony did lol.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@i_p_daily: When did Sony say they were waiting for MS to announce their price?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Pedro

@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: When did Sony say they were waiting for MS to announce their price?

“What is not very clear or visible is because we are competing in the space, so it’s very difficult to discuss anything about the price at this point of time, and depending upon the price level, we may have to determine the promotion that we are going to deploy and how much costs we are prepared to pay.”

It may be related to the above.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@Pedro said:

He's right, though. What kind of a buffoon would say Blu-ray made no difference and claim physical movies died completely after DVD?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Pedro

@ezekiel43: I am just judging the length not substance. I am A.D.D on this forum. :)

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 sealionact

@tormentos: Poor old tormy. X360 games are playable on x1. Hence, games playable on x1.

Hard to accept, I know.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#145 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12325 Posts

The days of selling consoles at a loss is not long gone; there's never been a better time to sell at a loss considering the popularity of subscriptions and, DLC. Either way, I don't think Sony will have much trouble selling a PS5 at $500 if it truly supports PS4 games.

I think folks are vastly underestimating the importance of (digital) libraries going into next gen.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

People are getting Raytracing and a new AMD architecture for $500 and are bitching about the price? I suggest getting a new hobby... and for those PC gamers hoping it was going to be a underpowered piece of crap for $300 stick with Nintendo.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 tormentos

@i_p_daily:

You don't have to say it,and is obviously that they are waiting,no sense in going under 500 it MS release for 550 or 600.

Many may see 500 as been high,but if your competition is 550 or 600 the blow is soften.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 tormentos

@sealionact:

Bah the fact that you hide on Xbox and 360 games prove my points lemmings are lol worthy this gen.

I wonder what happen to those proud gamers who didn't care about BC and we're all about new games.

Maybe they went to the same place of those who cared about scores,exclusives and power.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 tormentos

@r-gamer:

Exactly my point $500 for what this console will deliver is a good price.