KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12961 Posts

Nasty. Oh well, I am waiting for the Pro anyway.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Positives

+ size reduction

+ more internal storage (1TB - I assume before taking OS into account)

Negatives

- no Bluray

- same price as the original PS5 with disc (the small bump in internal SSD space does not warrant the same price IMO)

- $80 to get the official Bluray accessory

- Vertical stand sold separately

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Oh, so Sony also has a digital only version. It's almost like... Sony is also thinking "digital first"?

Poor @hardwenzen

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Increasing the price of digital makes no sense. We're 3 years into this generation, and all they're doing is increasing the price. gtfo.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

So wait...it comes with a horizontal stand but, if you want to stand it vertically, you been to buy a separate stand? I mean..it's a nice looking stand. But....really?

Other than that...looks nice. I like the Blue light going up the entire front and it looks like a tighter PS5 which is cool.

Also nice to have the option of upgrading your digital edition to have a blu-ray drive if you so choose. I presume the Disc drive will also come with the necessary plate to accommodate it (especially for the money they are asking for it).

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hardwenzen  Online

@dabear said:

@SolidGame_basic: Oh, so Sony also has a digital only version. It's almost like... Sony is also thinking "digital first"?

Poor @hardwenzen

There's a difference between having a digital version, which they already do🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️and being stuck with nothing else but a digital version, which is your future X.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50562 Posts

So they essentially raised the price of no disc version by 50 bucks.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45120 Posts

@Chutebox: maybe because of the higher storage?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox

@SolidGame_basic: For 175 gb? 😆

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

Cool design and good news for those wanting a PS5 but didn't like the size of the original. If I buy a new PS5 though it'll be a pro.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

@Chutebox: maybe because of the higher storage?

I get it has more storage but it's not by that much. I would have kept it at $399 and made the drive $100.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chutebox

@dabear: They've always had a digital version...do you even pay attention?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12961 Posts

@osan0 said:

Also nice to have the option of upgrading your digital edition to have a blu-ray drive if you so choose.

Kinda dumb actually, as it costs more than the PS5 with the BR included.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 911 Posts

Got excited at first. But no price decrease = peace out

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2466 Posts

A hardware price increase 3 years into the generation. PlayStation wtf are y’all doing?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

Wait, the price difference between the disc and digital is $50...........but they charge $80 for the drive?

I do like the smaller size and I might get another PS5 at some point if Sony ever decides to announce more games than just Wolverine at some point in the future.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@osan0 said:

Also nice to have the option of upgrading your digital edition to have a blu-ray drive if you so choose.

Kinda dumb actually, as it costs more than the PS5 with the BR included.

True. Definitely better to get it right the first time. But it's still better than having to trade your Digital console in to get one with a Disc drive. Ideally any off the shelf USB Blu-ray drive would do the job but consoles gotta console.

With 2 different SKUs, many people may getting the less preferred version as a present for someone for example.

It's a pricey drive indeed though.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

By the end of this generation, the physical version will reach $579.99 and the digital a $499.99 price tag. Oh yea, they'll need to increase the prices of games to $79.99 because its hard to develop video games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

Meh. I already have a PS5 so I’m good.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7704 Posts

Vertical stand sold separately

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 961 Posts

Will this still run many modern games at 30 fps?

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 regnaston
@howmakewood said:

Vertical stand sold separately

going to add that to my negatives.. that is nothing but a price gouge

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Only 0.7kg lighter. Meh

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@dabear said:

Poor @hardwenzen

@dabear I guess you just overlooked this option for the ps5 Digital. Unlike xbsex moving forward, Sony gives its fans an option to buy a disc player attachment.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@kvallyx: _Kinda dumb actually, as it costs more than the PS5 with the BR included."

Unless Sony is playing a win win situation for themselves I don't get the thinking of this.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46301 Posts

+ Love the modular nature

+ PS5 slim looks great

- I'll stick to my OG phat PS5 disc version yolo cheeto

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

Announce the Pro... nobody cares about this that already owns a PS5. Well then again I guess the little extra storage is nice. Not enough to repurchase though, especially when adding storage is cheaper.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts

Gonna keep my big ass PS5. Will definitely get a PS5 pro though if they do one

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 regnaston

Don't you mean an option to pay more than the OG PS5 with disc?? Plus if you want to stand it vertical you have to pay even more...

@daredevils2k said:
@dabear said:

Poor @hardwenzen

@dabear I guess you just overlooked this option for the ps5 Digital. Unlike xbsex moving forward, Sony gives its fans an option to buy a disc player attachment.

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 275 Posts

Looks really cheap, but it costs more now?

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@SolidGame_basic: For 175 gb? 😆

Come the holiday season, most people aren't going to care about the price increase. Families are just going to see the PS5 in stock and buy it up just in time for Christmas. Sony knows what they're doing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen  Online

An attachable drive is a very good idea, tho. They should have this design for all upcoming systems.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7204 Posts

They charging for a stand. Dem Clown Cows getting milked.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

This is a huge miss opportunity on Sony's part to not do a Spider-Man 2/PS5 Slim bundle which would have help selling those Slim models if that was the case. I did said I was waiting for a Slim model anyway, guess I'll see if my local Target is having a special trade for my regular PS5 to get a Slim digital only.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MyCatIsMilk

@hardwenzen said:

An attachable drive is a very good idea, tho. They should have this design for all upcoming systems.

Why not just buy a disc drive version then? The only scenario I can see is not being able to find a disc version and so you compromise with the digital, and are now allowed by Sony to get a disc attachment to make it a wannabe disc version. :/

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

What does this mean? Is the price increase a coded message that there isn't going to be a Pro? A reassuringly expensive reminder that PS5 base is their focus, moving forward? Or maybe it's a way of clearing inventory they paid too much for when supplies were short?

Who knows, or dares to care.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mesome713

Sony increased digital games, increased digital subscriptions, and increased price of digital console. For the gamers. And we still got no games to play 😭

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen  Online

@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:

Why not just buy a disc drive version then? The only scenario I can see is not being able to find a disc version and so you compromise with the digital, and are now allowed by Sony to get a disc attachment to make it a wannabe disc version. :/

Because you might be one of those "who cares about physical", and then you wake up a few years down the road, and see how much better physical is. By simply reading the blog post of this annoucement, you will see plenty of people in the comments section regretting getting the digital ps5, and wanting the drive to be compatible with their system.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

@davillain said:

This is a huge miss opportunity on Sony's part to not do a Spider-Man 2/PS5 Slim bundle which would have help selling those Slim models if that was the case. I did said I was waiting for a Slim model anyway, guess I'll see if my local Target is having a special trade for my regular PS5 to get a Slim digital only.

They probably can't make and ship enough of these slim models in time for the game.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MyCatIsMilk

@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:

Because you might be one of those "who cares about physical", and then you wake up a few years down the road, and see how much better physical is. By simply reading the blog post of this annoucement, you will see plenty of people in the comments section regretting getting the digital ps5, and wanting the drive to be compatible with their system.

So everything I wrote in the text you responded to was spot on? Damn. I'm good. :)

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1252 Posts

ps5....ps5 slim...ps5 pro and no games.

The scalpers will be happy,and the gulible will buy 🤡

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nonstop-Madness

It's a bit of a bummer that these hardware revisions aren't lowering the price of these consoles.

I blame Nintendo. lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen  Online

@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:

So everything I wrote in the text you responded to was spot on? Damn. I'm good. :)

Nothing to do with not being able to find it (even tho, during covid days, of course some found themselves in that situation). Its simply telling yourself that you don't need physical because digital is the future, and then, you quickly find out that there's ZERO advantages of going full digital. Digital on consoles is a big joke. Paying the same price as a physical copy (which, btw, in many cases its actually more expensive to purchase digital than physical), is so incredibly dumb. Digital defenders are always mentioning pc, but pc gets a price discount by 20-30% on day one, sales happen much more often, and they're actual sales, not the $4.99 discount memes we see on the PS store.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:

Nothing to do with not being able to find it (even tho, during covid days, of course some found themselves in that situation). Its simply telling yourself that you don't need physical because digital is the future, and then, you quickly find out that there's ZERO advantages of going full digital. Digital on consoles is a big joke. Paying the same price as a physical copy (which, btw, in many cases its actually more expensive to purchase digital than physical), is so incredibly dumb. Digital defenders are always mentioning pc, but pc gets a price discount by 20-30% on day one, sales happen much more often, and they're actual sales, not the $4.99 discount memes we see on the PS store.

I'm talking about when this slim model comes out for the holiday season and the disc versions get bought out, and thus others have to "compromise" and get the digital and "attachment" drive. Even then, I don't understand why anyone would go digital if they're not fully committed. I'm strictly digital, seldom ever buy disc.

Typically I get disc for games I know I will play once, like AC Mirage, and sell it. Even still, digital all the way for me, personally. Why do I have a disc PS5? Because that's all I could find. LOL

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness: Pity they couldn't meet the schedule for that to happen.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nonstop-Madness
@omegamaster said:

Only 0.7kg lighter. Meh

Uhm, it's actually about 1.3kg lighter.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen  Online

@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:

I'm talking about when this slim model comes out for the holiday season and the disc versions get bought out, and thus others have to "compromise" and get the digital and "attachment" drive. Even then, I don't understand why anyone would go digital if they're not fully committed. I'm strictly digital, seldom ever buy disc.

Typically I get disc for games I know I will play once, like AC Mirage, and sell it. Even still, digital all the way for me, personally. Why do I have a disc PS5? Because that's all I could find. LOL

That's the thing, many think they're set for 100% digital, but when you're stuck with digital only for over a year, you quickly find out how inferior it all is, and what a mistake it was to buy a system that can't play physical copies.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: Yeah, PC gamers regretting it ever day. O wait.