User Lists: 0

#101 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39261 Posts

@theam0g said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mycatismilk said:

So everything I wrote in the text you responded to was spot on? Damn. I'm good. :)

Nothing to do with not being able to find it (even tho, during covid days, of course some found themselves in that situation). Its simply telling yourself that you don't need physical because digital is the future, and then, you quickly find out that there's ZERO advantages of going full digital. Digital on consoles is a big joke. Paying the same price as a physical copy (which, btw, in many cases its actually more expensive to purchase digital than physical), is so incredibly dumb. Digital defenders are always mentioning pc, but pc gets a price discount by 20-30% on day one, sales happen much more often, and they're actual sales, not the $4.99 discount memes we see on the PS store.

I'm talking about when this slim model comes out for the holiday season and the disc versions get bought out, and thus others have to "compromise" and get the digital and "attachment" drive. Even then, I don't understand why anyone would go digital if they're not fully committed. I'm strictly digital, seldom ever buy disc.

Typically I get disc for games I know I will play once, like AC Mirage, and sell it. Even still, digital all the way for me, personally. Why do I have a disc PS5? Because that's all I could find. LOL

That's the thing, many think they're set for 100% digital, but when you're stuck with digital only for over a year, you quickly find out how inferior it all is, and what a mistake it was to buy a system that can't play physical copies.

I haven't bought a single physical copy in over 5 years. You sir are wrong.

You're the minority. Grats.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@dimebag667 said:

I know this generation has been wacky with COVID and all that, but this is just ridiculous. Maybe im not giving enough credit to all the factors, but how can this be justified? Let's look at the past PlayStations.Console Prices

PS1 launch - $299, 3 years later - $129

PS2 launch - $299, 3 years later - $179

PS3 launch - $499 20GB /$599 60GB, 3 years later - $299 120GB(slim) & 80GB/ $399 160GB

PS4 launch - $399, 3 years later - $299

PS5 launch - $399 (digital) $499 (disc), 3 years later - $449 (digital) $499 (disc)

I didn't want a PS5 at launch, and I sure as f#ck don't want one now. So the question is, who wants this? What are you playing? Can it be argued that anyone buying this isn't an idiot? Is this just par for the course in this modern world of goof? Can we please stop making the worst decisions possible?!

Blame the economy. Can't expect companies to want to pass along savings to consumers when everything is so expensive. Companies have to make money. Most people will buy the disc version as that's the current sales breakdown. Any idiot that buys the digital over saving 50 dollars deserves to be nickel and dimed anyway.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6319 Posts

@Sagemode87: C'mon now, Sony has revised the PS5 twice using cheaper components, and still raised the price. Not only that but have recorded record profits, so save us the economy bs excuse.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

@Sagemode87:

I think it a cheap thing Sony did, they were going to make a profit anyways, there was no need to increase the price. I know there's almost a 200 gig of SSD space added but they still should of kept the digital at the same price and at least dropped the physical console by 50$.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7263 Posts

Ps5 EA FC 23 bundle has been on sale for £410 seems they are clearing the surplus stock in time for the slim.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44322 Posts

Sony, leading the charge for price increases. 😅

Qui-Gon-Milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Qui-Gon-Milk
Member since 2022 • 182 Posts

@last_lap said:

@Sagemode87: C'mon now, Sony has revised the PS5 twice using cheaper components, and still raised the price. Not only that but have recorded record profits, so save us the economy bs excuse.

@eni232 said:

@Sagemode87:

I think it a cheap thing Sony did, they were going to make a profit anyways, there was no need to increase the price. I know there's almost a 200 gig of SSD space added but they still should of kept the digital at the same price and at least dropped the physical console by 50$.

Careful boys...you're speaking to proud and true bovine here...this man will slop up whatever Sony does and defend them proudly lmfao. That justification juice 🧃

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3081 Posts

@qui-gon-milk said:
@last_lap said:

@eni232 said:

@Sagemode87:

Careful boys...you're speaking to proud and true bovine here...this man will slop up whatever Sony does and defend them proudly lmfao. That justification juice 🧃

Plus, from what I can tell, the cost to produce the PS5 is somewhere around $450. Where back with the PS3 it cost them around $850 to produce that console. And that was when Sony was really hurting. So I'm not buying this economy excuse. We're all hurting. So why is it ok that all these companies making record profits are trying to recoup their loses, while we continue to get shafted? Supporting this BS is insane.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#109 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16020 Posts

I'm disappointed. I was expecting a significantly lower price. I probably won't get one now that this has surfaced.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3739 Posts

@dimebag667: You’re hurting? What country are you in? The u.s. economy here is great. We’re in an almost 3 year streak with 14 million new jobs created and the lowest unemployment and lowest inflation in the world.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By dimebag667

@tjandmia: I haven't worked in 5 years, so I am getting pretty low on funds. That's no one's fault but my own. Although I was dealing with the worst depression of my life, which made maintaining an unfulfilling job basically a Sisyphean task. But even with the area I live in being fairly stable, the cost of living has almost doubled at every level (food, rent, etc). So getting a basic job now would be barely scraping by. And that's without debt, kids, mortgage, and so forth. I couldn't imagine if all of that was on my shoulders too.

I'm not sure how accurate the stat is, but I've heard that 60% of the country is one lost paycheck from homelessness. Plus you have millions having to decide whether they buy medicine or eat. Maybe I'm looking at the metrics incorrectly, but having over half the country on the verge of financial ruin, doesn't seem like the rosey picture you're painting. I'm glad you're doing well, and you probably deserve it, but there are some who's landscape isn't quite as bright. But there are also plenty of countries who have it way worse. So it does bare keeping that in mind.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:
@dimebag667 said:

I know this generation has been wacky with COVID and all that, but this is just ridiculous. Maybe im not giving enough credit to all the factors, but how can this be justified? Let's look at the past PlayStations.Console Prices

PS3 launch - $499 20GB /$599 60GB, 3 years later - $299 120GB(slim) & 80GB/ $399 160GB

PS5 launch - $399 (digital) $499 (disc), 3 years later - $449 (digital) $499 (disc)

I didn't want a PS5 at launch, and I sure as f#ck don't want one now. So the question is, who wants this? What are you playing? Can it be argued that anyone buying this isn't an idiot? Is this just par for the course in this modern world of goof? Can we please stop making the worst decisions possible?!

Loading Video...

Blame the economy. Can't expect companies to want to pass along savings to consumers when everything is so expensive. Companies have to make money. Most people will buy the disc version as that's the current sales breakdown. Any idiot that buys the digital over saving 50 dollars deserves to be nickel and dimed anyway.

Who do we blame for this car crash of a design then? This just screams cheap, while it’s anything but.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By sealionact

@tjandmia: Serious question….why do you think the US has anywhere near the lowest unemployment and inflation in the world?

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By dimebag667

@sealionact said:
@Sagemode87 said:
@dimebag667 said:

Loading Video...

Who do we blame for this car crash of a design then? This just screams cheap, while it’s anything but.

LMAO 🤣😂🤣 That little clip is absolutely pathetic. I still think the prototype/devkit looks infinitely better than the production model.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

@regnaston said:

Positives

+ size reduction

+ more internal storage (1TB - I assume before taking OS into account)

Negatives

- no Bluray

- same price as the original PS5 with disc (the small bump in internal SSD space does not warrant the same price IMO)

- $80 to get the official Bluray accessory

- Vertical stand sold separately

$80 Blu-ray is only for UHD 4K blu-ray I think.

Also why is the diskless version more expensive than now WTF?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#116  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34684 Posts

lol. Have fun, Sony fans. I know how you love paying more for the same.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45281 Posts
@Litchie said:

lol. Have fun, Sony fans. I know how you love paying more for the same.

Just like Nintendo fans!

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#118 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts

The PS5 slim not having any kind of price cut sucks.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

Poo cows. The milking is nonstop these dayzz. lol :P

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1310 Posts

🐄🐂🐃 won't criticise Sony.

They love their teats being pulled 🥛💵🥛💵🤡

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#121 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69870 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: At least they have games to play.😂

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8176 Posts

They raised the price of the console again??.. last time i checked, the PS5 hasn't sold at a loss since 2021..

there is no excuse for any of these companies to be raising prices on hardware after 3 years on the market..

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7210 Posts

@Pedro said:

@SolidGame_basic: At least they have games to play.😂

there been ps5 games releasing sense launch makes no sense. heck ff16 and spiderman 2 same year is great. still more exclusives this gen between first and third. ps5 still has more AAA exclusive over xbox.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Gifford38

to be fear ps5 and series x are the only systems that came with a stand.

every other gen stand sold separate.

not that I like this idea.

gamers today want everything free.

omg pay for a game no way I want to rent them for pennys. yet bitch there is no disc drive.

stand I want free. games I want free.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#125 hardwenzen

@gifford38 said:

omg pay for a game no way I want to rent them for pennys. yet bitch there is no disc drive.

The original stand is an ugly piece of plastic that costs them 20cent to produce. You're spending half a grand for the system. You're gonna tell me its too difficult for them to add some shitty 20 cents stand? Lets not damage control something this dumb.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Gifford38
@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:

The original stand is an ugly piece of plastic that costs them 20cent to produce. You're spending half a grand for the system. You're gonna tell me its too difficult for them to add some shitty 20 cents stand? Lets not damage control something this dumb.

no just stating we always had to buy the stand separate. not that i like the idea just saying.

but yes gamers bitch about the disc drive yet buy digital lol. also they say what about movies with disc drive then bitch about adding them to subscription that they want there games on yet bitch again about the disc drive.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13038 Posts

This flopped before it even released 😟

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 hardwenzen

@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:

no just stating we always had to buy the stand separate. not that i like the idea just saying.

but yes gamers bitch about the disc drive yet buy digital lol. also they say what about movies with disc drive then bitch about adding them to subscription that they want there games on yet bitch again about the disc drive.

Other systems weren't sold for $500. And if you've already included it, you don't just remove it on an "improved model" of the system, that's regression.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Gifford38

@kvallyx said:

PS5 A FLOP? slim models sell like hotcakes. ps2,ps3,ps4 they all sell.

flop before it even release = most of xbox first party other than forza. just saying.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Gifford38
@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:

Other systems weren't sold for $500. And if you've already included it, you don't just remove it on an "improved model" of the system, that's regression.

ps3 sold for 600 with no stand. heck it only had 60gig hard drive lol.

but yes ps5 was already sold with it. hope they change there minds after backlash.

the stand better be awesome quality. better be high class plastic lol.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

^^^^

lol :P

TBH, I just love this gif. :D

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

flop before it even release = most of xbox first party other than forza. just saying.

Xbox > PS. Just saying. Xbox has GAMES GAMES GAMES. PS has TV TV TV. Good thing Lyin' Jim Ryan is fired.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@dabear said:
@daredevils2k said:
@dabear said:

@SolidGame_basic: Oh, so Sony also has a digital only version. It's almost like... Sony is also thinking "digital first"?

Poor @hardwenzen

@dabear I guess you just overlooked this option for the ps5 Digital. Unlike xbsex moving forward, Sony gives its fans an option to buy a disc player attachment.

And how do you know the digital XSX is going to replace the launch XSX? How do you know MS won't sell a USB blu-ray player? Oh wait, you don't - you just know about a partial leak and are running with it. LMAO@U

There is a reason the mods close every single thread the daredevil makes. He talks out of his ass too much.

@dabear data shows that majority of xbox owners are poor which is why XBSES is the console that has majority hold over at XBOX camp. Also Data shows that Lems are very poor which is why they don't buy games any more, so why would MS make an usb player for a console that lems are to poor to buy games for (hence GP)

@dabear said:

@daredevils2k: Link?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By KvallyX
@sealionact said:

That is fake I assume. No way that can be real.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

Black Friday special- buy a PS5 slim system, get a vertical stand FREE!!!!

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

I haven't had a Playstation since the PS3. I'm excited to get a PS5 so I can play Demon's Souls Remake, Bloodborne, FF7, and several other exclusives. This still isn't moving me to make that jump anytime soon.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Gifford38

@kvallyx said:
@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

Xbox > PS. Just saying. Xbox has GAMES GAMES GAMES. PS has TV TV TV. Good thing Lyin' Jim Ryan is fired.

xbox just started releasing games after 3 years of halo and forza.

please xbox is in third for a reason. 360 was xbox console sold just as much as ps3.

it took xbox billions to get were they are today. now xbox is in the red with gamepass.

micrsoft is lucking it has windows for pc to make that money back.

ps5 only has tv lmao. how many ps5 exclusive games have you played sense it launched? more than xbox and you know it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 hardwenzen

@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:

ps3 sold for 600 with no stand. heck it only had 60gig hard drive lol.

but yes ps5 was already sold with it. hope they change there minds after backlash.

the stand better be awesome quality. better be high class plastic lol.

And who bought the ps3 for $600? Nobody, so i am not too sure why you're even mentioning that system. Not to mention that the ps3 wasn't as tall and massive as the ps5, so it didn't need any stand.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 hardwenzen

wow literally nobody is buying games on the xbox🤣🤣🤣MS is conditioning their whole playerbase to just rent and not buy. Soon, third party will ignore the Xbox because they wouldn't be able to sell their games on that system. No wonder MS wants to exit gaming. This is just so sad and pathetic.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 sealionact

@kvallyx: I’m afraid it real. Looks like something from wishdotcom. Even more amazing is that Sony are charging 30 bucks for a lump of moulded plastic that can’t cost more than a buck to produce, in order to have the privilege of standing it up.

For shame Sony. For shame.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@kvallyx: I’m afraid it real. Looks like something from wishdotcom. Even more amazing is that Sony are charging 30 bucks for a lump of moulded plastic that can’t cost more than a buck to produce, in order to have the privilege of standing it up.

For shame Sony. For shame.

Stop trolling my system. That little leg can't be real.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

@dracula_16 said:

I'm disappointed. I was expecting a significantly lower price. I probably won't get one now that this has surfaced.

Why would you expect that? Sales are still very strong.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 sealionact

@gifford38: “micrsoft is lucking it has windows for pc to make that money back.”

That’s like saying McDonalds is lucky it sells hamburgers. MS gaming on PC started before both Xbox and PlayStation. not sure how you can call a planned strategy “lucky”.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I know some people like physical copies and that's fine. It could be for collecting, letting friends borrow games, trading in or selling games, I get it. But, it's just a fact that physical media is obsolete and will be gone soon. The PS5 Slim with a disc drive looks ridiculous, look at how pronounced the disc drive is protruding off the side. To me, IMO, it looks silly considering it's an obsolete and archaic component causing that mass protrusion.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16570 Posts

@dimebag667: sorry to hear about your situation and though I don’t know your circumstances, something that I find helps me is just going to the gym 6 days or 7 days a week. Nothing too heavy, just running on a treadmill. Just doing that and maintaining that as a habit will make humongous changes to your health and well-being. Do that and cut out the processed junk food, eat cleaner natural foods and trust me that you will feel a hell of a lot better. Go outside, get some sunshine. On top of that, take some meds as needed and read up on some books. The problem with society nowadays, and this is a big issue with gamers especially, is how sloppy we’ve gotten. All of the junk food ,tv, games, internet, light novels, comics etc, are traps, especially if you let it control you. You 100% need to be very careful around these things. You need to keep yourself in shape first physically and mentally. They both go hand in hand.

Though, telling people this and actually doing it are two different things. People are lazy af by nature and you see this issue pop up big time especially in the gaming community.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1:

Totally agree. The only thing we really own is our body and mind. I keep mine optimized like a PC.

There are 2 pains in life, discipline and regret. Discipline weighs ounces, regret weighs tons. What people lack is self-discipline, whether it be in the gym, the kitchen or other areas of life. But discipline is a small price to pay to avoid regret.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

please xbox is in third for a reason. 360 was xbox console sold just as much as ps3.

it took xbox billions to get were they are today. now xbox is in the red with gamepass.

ps5 only has tv lmao. how many ps5 exclusive games have you played sense it launched? more than xbox and you know it.

And PS5 is second for a reason. But not sure what Xbox has to do with PS having no first party games for the past 12 months for our PS5.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#148  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69870 Posts
@gifford38 said:

All of that damage control because Sony lacks first-party titles for the year.😂

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16570 Posts

@arkephonic: yep, very well said. End of the day that's the only thing you need to do, keep disciplined.

You really need to turn your back on society though...the American way has always been focused on junk food and slobbiness, all to enrich some people. They don't care about your health, and the only one that cares will be you.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 KvallyX

So in the past 12 months, Sony has released:

$199.00 DS Edge Controller

$449.00 Digital PS5

$499.00 Standard PS5

$29.99 PS5 vertical stand

$199.00 PSP

$549.00 PSVR2

And zero first party games for our PS5. LET'S FUCKING GO!