Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45276 Posts
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sealionact said:

@SolidGame_basic: You picked that out of all the points I made?

Now I know you’re just trolling.

If you read one of my previous posts, I said that the slim is ugly lol. Definitely the worst slim version of any PlayStation and I'm not getting it.

But as far as the pricing goes, the original digital price was a steal, only $100 more than Xbox Series S, and far better machine. And now that both the new digital and the new Xbox Series S has 1tb drive, they're still only $100 apart. So PS5 still wins!

And yes, your claim of countless day 1 games on GamePass is ridiculous and far from the truth, that's why it's laughable!

PS5 Slim is surprisingly ugly.

Yeah the PS5 digital may have been a steal... In 2020. This will come out in 2024 world wide. It's not a steal now, it's a rip off. The PS5 digital should be approaching £300 max at this point, not near £400 STILL.

Original Series S hasn't been phased out.

Why is it laughable that GP has loads of day 1 games? On top of the fact that MS will have their games, Zenimax games and ABK games all day one from now on, "countless" is an inevitability, not a pipe dream. And considering MS is going to keep buying studios... MS MAY get to the point where they have a AAA coming out maybe every 2 months or so in the coming years. 2022s drought MAY be one of the last ones they will ever have.

Because you’re exaggerating, list all of the games that released Day 1 on GamePass this year.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#203 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69864 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Because you’re exaggerating, list all of the games that released Day 1 on GamePass this year.

You can look up that information yourself. Afterall you have three years of Gamepass.🤭

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#204 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sealionact said:

If you read one of my previous posts, I said that the slim is ugly lol. Definitely the worst slim version of any PlayStation and I'm not getting it.

But as far as the pricing goes, the original digital price was a steal, only $100 more than Xbox Series S, and far better machine. And now that both the new digital and the new Xbox Series S has 1tb drive, they're still only $100 apart. So PS5 still wins!

And yes, your claim of countless day 1 games on GamePass is ridiculous and far from the truth, that's why it's laughable!

Yeah the PS5 digital may have been a steal... In 2020. This will come out in 2024 world wide. It's not a steal now, it's a rip off. The PS5 digital should be approaching £300 max at this point, not near £400 STILL.

Why is it laughable that GP has loads of day 1 games? On top of the fact that MS will have their games, Zenimax games and ABK games all day one from now on, "countless" is an inevitability, not a pipe dream. And considering MS is going to keep buying studios... MS MAY get to the point where they have a AAA coming out maybe every 2 months or so in the coming years. 2022s drought MAY be one of the last ones they will ever have.

Maybe Microsoft was right about something. It’s a lot harder now to decrease the price of a video game console over a console generation compared to the past.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#205 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13038 Posts

@eni232 said:

@robert_sparkes:

Listen up pansy. Sony didn't become great by creating crap like game pass. They became great by creating amazing games and getting us to pay for them. You pay for that 30 dollar horizontal stand and tip the cashier so we can have a company that still produces actual video games.

We haven't seen a first party game for our PS5 in a year. Sony can suck my ass.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#206 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@Pedro said:

TC is being steamrolled.😂

Ya know... I thought a slim version of the PS5 digital would look sick. It somehow looks worse. I thought the problem with the PS5 was only the size, not the design.

What do you think about it?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 HalcyonScarlet

@super600 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sealionact said:

Maybe Microsoft was right about something. It’s a lot harder now to decrease the price of a video game console over a console generation compared to the past.

I don't think so. They're all doing it on purpose, Nintendo included. Three years in, they can't knock £50 - £70 off the price? Nahhh. I don't buy it. The disc based PS5 and the Series X should be some where north of £350 by now, not £450.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7263 Posts

I've noticed in the UK they reduced the price of the disc based ps5 model with EA FC 24 to £409.99 at various retailers.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Pedro

@HalcyonScarlet: I think it is an improvement over the current design.🤷‍♂️

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 HalcyonScarlet

@Pedro said:
@eni232 said:

@robert_sparkes:

Listen up pansy. Sony didn't become great by creating crap like game pass. They became great by creating amazing games and getting us to pay for them. You pay for that 30 dollar horizontal stand and tip the cashier so we can have a company that still produces actual video games.

Not sure why you need to call him pansy. I know you are desperate but that desperate...😂 It must be frustrating that you haven't received these amazing games in a long time.🤭

But that one paragraph is interesting. It encapsulates the PS phenomena that I've always felt comes with the brand since the PS One. Like we're told it's a lot better than it is. I've never actually seen or played anything that's much better than anything any one else is doing, not just MS or Nintendo, but all third party developers.

Spider-Man for example, got the usual PS game hype. Then it came to the PC and I remember a lot of people had this "is this it?" attitude towards it. It makes it harder for me to enjoy the games, because of the over hype. Spider-Man is sitting in my steam account. I played it for a bit, I didn't see that level of greatness the fans told me, and I kind of put it aside. And this is an on going problem with a lot of PS games for me.

I feel like there's this unrealistic amount of over hype surrounding the PS5. That's my concern about getting the PS5 Slim Digital. I'm going to spend £390 and it's not coming close to meeting that hype level.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet:

I get what you are saying, but that's how it is for you. I played spiderman on my PS4 pro and I can't really imagine someone making a better spiderman video game on those gen consoles. It played and felt that good.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Pedro

@HalcyonScarlet said:

But that one paragraph is interesting. It encapsulates the PS phenomena that I've always felt comes with the brand since the PS One. Like we're told it's a lot better than it is. I've never actually seen or played anything that's much better than anything any one else is doing, not just MS or Nintendo, but all third party developers.

Spider-Man for example, got the usual PS game hype. Then it came to the PC and I remember a lot of people had this "is this it?" attitude towards it. It makes it harder for me to enjoy the games, because of the over hype. Spider-Man is sitting in my steam account. I played it for a bit, I didn't see that level of greatness the fans told me, and I kind of put it aside. And this is an on going problem with a lot of PS games for me.

I feel like there's this unrealistic amount of over hype surrounding the PS5. That's my concern about getting the PS5 Slim Digital. I'm going to spend £390 and it's not coming close to meeting that hype level.

Sony fannies are simple. Once the game is not on Xbox, it is the greatest game ever.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 SolidGame_basic
Loading Video...

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#215 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17839 Posts

@super600 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sealionact said:

Yeah there definitely are extra factors working against them.

High inflation. The fact consoles aren't going up in price in more places is, in and of itself, a price cut. 500 bucks now has a lot less buying power than 500 bucks in 2020.

The price of new manufacturing nodes is also going up big time.

• One of the contributions of being able to cut the price on slim models is that going to a newer node didn't cost that much more in the past. So it was worthwhile to go to the smaller node, get smaller chips and that feeds into loads of other savings. More chips per wafer. They draw less power so cheap out on the power supply a bit. Also need less heating so smaller cooler. Smaller case, less materials needed. Fewer components on the mobo. You can stick more of them in a crate so, per unit, they cost a bit less to ship. I wonder if the slim model will still use liquid metal. I'd be surprised if it did.
  • Now though going from an older node to a newer node has a much bigger jump in price. It's big enough that AMD and Intel are looking to optimise their packaging and CPU designs to use cheaper silicon where possible. Amd is doing the same on the GPU side.

The other side if it though is that they are charging that much because they can. Both the Ps5 and the Switch (considering its age) are selling very well so there isn't much motivation to drop the price. Especially in the current economic climate of upward cost pressures.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

So here's what I want to know. Is MS going to respond with a slim Series X? And is there going to be a PS5 Pro and Series X Pro?

I really like the design of the Series X in both form and function. It's hard for me to see how they would improve upon it. I actually prefer the original models of consoles because if you look at history, the slim versions are always just to cut costs of manufacturing and you can always see and feel how much cheaper the build quality is. I'm sure the fat PS5 will have a much better build quality than this slim version. Same with the current Series X if they do release a slim version. Remember how much better the original Vita was and how cheaply made the slim Vita was? Same with PSX to PSOne, PS2 to PS2 slim, all of them have had obviously inferior build quality. I think it's possible we might not see a pro version of either this gen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Pedro

@arkephonic said:

So here's what I want to know. Is MS going to respond with a slim Series X? And is there going to be a PS5 Pro and Series X Pro?

MS doesn't need to respond because their systems are still smaller.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56237 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Pedro said:

TC is being steamrolled.😂

Ya know... I thought a slim version of the PS5 digital would look sick. It somehow looks worse. I thought the problem with the PS5 was only the size, not the design.

What do you think about it?

Don't know about Pedro's opinion but for me. After looking at the actual size difference, I can say I'm okay with my regular PS5. I first, I thought the Slim would be almost the size of PS4 if possible. Never thought I would say this but I like my regular PS5 and this isn't worth investing and not to mention, the price difference is laughable.

Samfs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Samfs
Member since 2023 • 7 Posts

Both consoles look absolutely beautiful!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:
@arkephonic said:

MS doesn't need to respond because their systems are still smaller.

We already know about Xbox Brooklyn which will be smaller. Also, console manufacturers do slim versions to save money, so Microsoft has as bit of an incentive as Sony does to do slim versions.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2948 Posts

About damn time. Still, even the slim version does not look pretty in my opinion. I think I will just skip PlayStation this gen and get a PS6 instead. Gamepass is keeping me occupied anyway with solid title after solid title.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

The mooaar things change, the more they stay the same. lol :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

No real need for it, but nice to have the option.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts

@Heil68 said:

It's 30 percent less embarrassing looking...!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Pedro

@TheEroica said:
@Heil68 said:

Savage

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@Heil68 said:

Can you believe I waited a whole year before I bought the PS5? Knew slim was coming, they have done that every gen it seems. Currently the only console I own so it looks sexy on the TV stand. :D

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#227 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

I don't feel bad about buying a PS5(Digital edition) earlier this year. I don't know if I would buy the PS5 or the Slim PS5 Digital cause of believing both would be scalped and hard to find again. I waited three years to get a PS5 and wouldn't want to wait another 3 years.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#228  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13038 Posts

@hardwenzen

Here is a real life photo of the new PS5 Slim stand:

jeffbuckley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 jeffbuckley1
Member since 2004 • 270 Posts

Only makes it the same size as an orignial xbox.

Ps5 was too big to begin with.

jeffbuckley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 jeffbuckley1
Member since 2004 • 270 Posts

Only makes it the same size as an orignial xbox.

Ps5 was too big to begin with.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3041 Posts

That's a nice looking console.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#232 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44616 Posts

They're slashing their console sizes just like they're slashing their payroll.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 SolidGame_basic

Oh snap, free MW3 with PS5 Slim? Thanks Phil!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Pedro

@lamprey263 said:

They're slashing their console sizes just like they're slashing their payroll.