Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

1st of Popularity doesn't make sense.... The Kardashians are proof of that, so its not really important why a COD never wins the GOTY..... Anyway...

Why do great games fall into obscurity.... Why do we have "hidden gems" ?

Even Heavy Rain managed to get a GOTY... Even though it wasn't even a game. I've seen Indie games with better gameplay than AAA Games... Why don't they win the GOTY ? Are you implying they are not good ?

Like I said before, don't flock with everybody else oppinion... What does your logic tell you ?

Its clawing at your subconsious trying to say how do you really know TLOU is the best game of that year.... Why not another game.... ?

I read the Review for TLOU and Played, they were right..... I read the reviews for Bioshock too and Played the game.... Guess what.... They were right too. Same with Arkham Origins.... Same with Gears same with Uncharted.

So really how do they come to the conclusion that one game desrves to win more than the others ?

whatever it is... Its not objective, I'm not saying the The Last Of Us doesn't deserve a GOTY... I'm saying the GOTY is stupid.... Always has been always will be.... Its Simple Apples vs Oranges. They can't be compared, therefore if one wins its purely out of Subjective Preference.

Like I said a GOTY is given to a game that gave the best overall gaming experience of that year. And if a particular game gets a lot of GOTY's from various gaming media, that's a clear indication that it's a good game, I don't see how you can deny this?

And of course reviews,... are subjective. But scores and awards like GOTY are the only variables, indications we have to know if a game is good or not.

So like I said, a GOTY is an indication that a game is good.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#102  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

I think what this shows is that the selection of exclusives on both consoles is pretty pathetic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

PS4 has the better library and the X1 the better exclusives currently. Neither has anything that really sells the system yet.

I'm also pretty disappointed with MS' lies around Halo. I really wasn't bothered about the X1 but their announcement of a Halo with a 2014 release date swung me as i knew i was getting at least one AAA exclusive. Very disappointing that they upped and switched it to 2015, i'd have waited until Quantum Break and probably saved my self a good £80. Probably more one the Kinectless edition comes out and since i wouldn't have been buying the X1 titles at full price. They've not put out a single exclusive since launch.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@Suppaman100: Do you understand the reason why everyone calls you out on this inane awards logic? Like do you understand the train of thought shared by these countless amount of people?

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Suppaman100

@Blabadon said:

@Suppaman100: Do you understand the reason why everyone calls you out on this inane awards logic? Like do you understand the train of thought shared by these countless amount of people?

Lol Blabadon...

Oh pls explain it to me then.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

LOL, this just shows the hypocritical mindset many console players, spcially cows have. The top 15 games are smaller sclae titles, like flower, isometric games, side scrollers, etc. FFXIV is an mmorpg made for PC. Don't console players always trash mmos and RTS? And Injustice? Which was on last gen c's and PC?

It' not that those games suck just that people like Suppaman keep going on about "big budget GOTY console exclusives", but Infamous SS is the best one, and it's at 80. Having played the first 2 games and talked to Infamous fans, they tend to say "it looks better since it's next gen, and cool new powers and elements. But the world, story, characters and missions aren't as good" Hvaign not played it, i can't give my opinion, simply speaking from reviews and players perspectives.

As a PC gamer, i'd say the Xbox One is looking better for "bigger budget exclusives".

PS4- Killzone SF, Infamous SS, upcoming The Order 1886, UC4, TLOU hd remaster

Xbox 1- Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, upcoming Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Halo 5, Halo 1, 2, 3, 4 HD remaster

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@Suppaman100: No, really, I'm asking if you actually comprehend what people are saying.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

Yeah. Its funny how lems and herms spin things, but facts are facts. They tried the same thing last gen, and the ps3 destroyed the competition in games.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

Ps4

28 exclusives 19 Sony exclusives

Xboxone

17 exclusives 9 Microsoft exclusives

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

lemmings and their bullshit narrative haha

so true!

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@amazonangry said:

Yeah. Its funny how lems and herms spin things, but facts are facts. They tried the same thing last gen, and the ps3 destroyed the competition in games.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

Ps4

28 exclusives 19 Sony exclusives

Xboxone

17 exclusives 9 Microsoft exclusives

lol I've brought this up many times before, makes them lose their minds with subjective opinion throwing and gnashing of the teeth. It's always "but but but i don't like what tier of game they are!" or "bububububut I don't like them so they don't exist!" Etc and so on and so forth.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@misterpmedia: yep. Get ready for more of that...all gen 8.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 lglz1337

that youtube guy is right lemmings do loose their mind.. haha

finger in their ears and go blablablabla

myth about ps4 has no games debunked!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Blabadon: the answer would be no. He's just a troll

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Suppaman100

You're missing my point.... I don't want you to justify GOTY's.... I want you understand its of no benefit you.

People have this need to fill in the blanks and come up with an Explanation... To find meaning in things.... They are Incapable of accepting confusion.... Yes if there is no answer don't substitute it with the closest possible thing... Leave it unresolved. Be comfortable with not having answer, an explanation. Embrace the Chaos. Once you do that... Rename the GOTY into PGOTY (Popular Game of Year) and leave it at that.

you may not realise it but your view of things is almost religious. Perhaps if you're comfortble in not having an Objective GOTY it may lead to you being comfortable in not know what happens after you pass away....

One of the most important parts of Logic is know when to say "Shit... I don't know" and being content with that. As for how this relates to gaming.... Stop reading reviews, Put on a Catsuit and just have alil fun. Don't play whats "good" play what you like. And apply objective reasoning where it can be applied and only where it can be applied....

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

PS4 has the better library and the X1 the better exclusives currently. Neither has anything that really sells the system yet.

I'm also pretty disappointed with MS' lies around Halo. I really wasn't bothered about the X1 but their announcement of a Halo with a 2014 release date swung me as i knew i was getting at least one AAA exclusive. Very disappointing that they upped and switched it to 2015, i'd have waited until Quantum Break and probably saved my self a good £80. Probably more one the Kinectless edition comes out and since i wouldn't have been buying the X1 titles at full price. They've not put out a single exclusive since launch.

Quantum Break is 2015 too, so even more of a reason you could have waited.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#119  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

1st of Popularity doesn't make sense.... The Kardashians are proof of that, so its not really important why a COD never wins the GOTY..... Anyway...

Even Heavy Rain managed to get a GOTY... Even though it wasn't even a game. I've seen Indie games with better gameplay than AAA Games... Why don't they win the GOTY ? Are you implying they are not good ?

Like I said before, don't flock with everybody else oppinion... What does your logic tell you ?

Its clawing at your subconsious trying to say how do you really know TLOU is the best game of that year.... Why not another game.... ?

I read the Review for TLOU and Played, they were right..... I read the reviews for Bioshock too and Played the game.... Guess what.... They were right too. Same with Arkham Origins.... Same with Gears same with Uncharted.

So really how do they come to the conclusion that one game desrves to win more than the others ?

whatever it is... Its not objective, I'm not saying the The Last Of Us doesn't deserve a GOTY... I'm saying the GOTY is stupid.... Always has been always will be.... Its Simple Apples vs Oranges. They can't be compared, therefore if one wins its purely out of Subjective Preference.

Like I said a GOTY is given to a game that gave the best overall gaming experience of that year. And if a particular game gets a lot of GOTY's from various gaming media, that's a clear indication that it's a good game, I don't see how you can deny this?

And of course reviews,... are subjective. But scores and awards like GOTY are the only variables, indications we have to know if a game is good or not.

Well I'm not going to agree with that after Uncharted 2 received so many.

I'm playing the Last of US right now and enjoying it very much so far, so I'm perfectly OK with Naught Dog getting praise for that game, but Uncharted 2? It's just terrible from almost every angle

-Gameplay is excessively slow paced for a TPS with some of the worst bullet spongy enemies I've ever seen

-Enemy and weapon variety is lacking leaving the "action" sequences excessively repetitive.

-While the characters were entertaining, they've been done before a million times and the story isn't even half as good as the horrid plots found in the National Treasure movies.

-Way too many useless segments from a gameplay perspective in which you have to walk around and watch AI do everything for you or tell you exactly what to do and all you can do is follow them and do what they tell you to. Add on the awful climbing portions that might as well be played for you and you have one of the most restrictive games ever produced.

How this game got praise anywhere from anyone is completely beyond my comprehension.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Lulu_Lulu

@Pikminmaniac

The 1st Uncharted game was released during the PS3's Dark Period..... You can't blame them for thinking, that after spending $500 on a ps3, that piece of crap was like a 5 star steak to them. Uncharted 2 was better but still not a particularly good game.

They eventually got real great games like God Of War 3 and Little Big Planet and Resistance but Uncharted will always be Average to me.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Suppaman100

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

You're missing my point.... I don't want you to justify GOTY's.... I want you understand its of no benefit you.

People have this need to fill in the blanks and come up with an Explanation... To find meaning in things.... They are Incapable of accepting confusion.... Yes if there is no answer don't substitute it with the closest possible thing... Leave it unresolved. Be comfortable with not having answer, an explanation. Embrace the Chaos. Once you do that... Rename the GOTY into PGOTY (Popular Game of Year) and leave it at that.

you may not realise it but your view of things is almost religious. Perhaps if you're comfortble in not having an Objective GOTY it may lead to you being comfortable in not know what happens after you pass away....

One of the most important parts of Logic is know when to say "Shit... I don't know" and being content with that. As for how this relates to gaming.... Stop reading reviews, Put on a Catsuit and just have alil fun. Don't play whats "good" play what you like. And apply objective reasoning where it can be applied and only where it can be applied....

Lol, that was almost philosophical.

"want you understand its of no benefit you" Well gaming as a whole is of no benefit to me or anyone that doesn't work in the gaming industry. It's just entertainment, like this forum, nothing more.

And I was only explaining what a GOTY award is.

Also don't think I only play GOTY games or "AAA" games. I also play a lot of games that have bad scores on metacritic. The only thing I'm saying is that GOTY gives an indication if a game is good, that's all.

Lol, this discussion really derailed though.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#122  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
Member since 2004 • 49596 Posts

It's interesting to see how the PS fanbase has shifted to place emphasis on DD only titles (where before they hated the idea of DD only games counting along side retail games; probably because XBLA had a large assortment of great games where as PSN remained behind).

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Suppaman100

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

I'm playing the Last of US right now and enjoying it very much so far, so I'm perfectly OK with Naught Dog getting praise for that game, but Uncharted 2? It's just terrible from almost every angle

-Gameplay is excessively slow paced for a TPS with some of the worst bullet spongy enemies I've ever seen

-Enemy and weapon variety is lacking leaving the "action" sequences excessively repetitive.

-While the characters were entertaining, they've been done before a million times and the story isn't even half as good as the horrid plots found in the National Treasure movies.

-Way too many useless segments from a gameplay perspective in which you have to walk around and watch AI do everything for you or tell you exactly what to do and all you can do is follow them and do what they tell you to. Add on the awful climbing portions that might as well be played for you and you have one of the most restrictive games ever produced.

How this game got praise anywhere from anyone is completely beyond my comprehension.

Uncharted 2 is terrible???

LOL, come on you're probably joking. I understand that you don't like linear action games but to call it terrible is a bridge to far. But hey opinion is opinion.

Luckily most people disagree and have better taste. Btw the game got 90+ on metacritic + GOTY's from most of the popular gaming press.

But hey I don't like Nintendo's rehashes too.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

What else is new. It's the definitive console to own.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Suppaman100

@Blabadon said:

@Suppaman100: No, really, I'm asking if you actually comprehend what people are saying.

Yes I comprehend that I make a lot of lemmings, sheep and hermits butthurt.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By lostrib

@ladyblue: if you enjoy waiting

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By lglz1337

MS will never win the exlusive battle

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Pikminmaniac

@Suppaman100 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

LOL, come on you're probably joking. I understand that you don't like linear action games but to call it terrible is a bridge to far. But hey opinion is opinion.

Luckily most people disagree and have better taste. Btw the game got 90+ on metacritic + GOTY's from most of the popular gaming press.

What's so amazing about it? for all the reasons I've listed, it's pretty awful.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@Pikminmaniac: Oh come on, you know dam well it isn't awful. You can call overrated or meh or not for you, but it objectively can't be called a bad game.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

@jake44 said:

None of the new consoles have enough games.

Yep. Pretty much this.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By LadyBlue

@lostrib said:

The list proves you wrong, Sorry!Sad

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Lulu_Lulu

@Suppaman100

Entertainment is definately benificial to people.... We're no robots you know... I meant to say the GOTY's and may not be beneficial to you in any way shape or form... Not even as an entertainment guide.

however Research is is necessary to find the game you're looking for, this "philosophy" helps me read reviews properly... They maybe subjective but no completely so..... I can filter facts from oppinions, its why I read more than one read view... Not every reviewer writes the same things so a have to scan through atleast three of them plus a video to build a collective description of what a game consists of.

You gotta admit though this is miles better than Whining about Framerates and Resolutions , I thought this was particularly riduculous when Trials and Child of Light came out.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By lostrib

@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

The list proves you wrong, Sorry!

The list proves PS4 and X1 have very little to offer

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

How?, oh if you're only a console gamer and you didn't own a PS3 or 360?, suuure, dat quality gaming.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#135 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Not for me. It is the console I want least right now, with the only thing I would really like to play being inFAMOUS: Second Son. But that is not enough to make me want to buy the system.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Suppaman100

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

What's so amazing about it? for all the reasons I've listed, it's pretty awful.

The gameplay was good, the characters were great, the story was good and the graphics were incredible. The only thing I didn't like were the blue monsters at the end of the game, I wanted the game to stay "realistic".

If it was "pretty awful" like you say it was, I doubt it would win countless GOTY awards.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Lulu_Lulu

@Pikminmaniac

I agree with your critique of Uncharted except your conclusion that its terrible... Don't get me wrong... I had a terrible experience playing... But if cows had been more honest about how Uncharted 2 really was then we could say it for what it really was.... Ambitious but Average.

It only seem terrible when one goes from a great game then comes to Uncharted 2 plus all that stupid hype.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Pikminmaniac
@locopatho said:

@Pikminmaniac: Oh come on, you know dam well it isn't awful. You can call overrated or meh or not for you, but it objectively can't be called a bad game.

I completely believe that it is awful. I usually can find the appeal for others in highly regarded games I don't personally enjoy, but with Uncharted 2, I just can't fathom why anybody would put themselves through that... To top it off nobody seems to try to explain why it's good in the face of all the aspects I believe are fundamentally wrong with it; aspects that pretty much nobody can defend.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Suppaman100

@lostrib said:

@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

When was the last time PC had a non indie AAA exclusive?...

Hermits and their delusions

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Suppaman100

@Pikminmaniac said:
@locopatho said:

I completely believe that it is awful. I usually can find the appeal for others in highly regarded games I don't personally enjoy, but with Uncharted 2, I just can't fathom why anybody would put themselves through that... To top it off nobody seems to try to explain why it's good in the face of all the aspects I believe are fundamentally wrong with it; aspects that pretty much nobody can defend.

Lol, so what do you call good then? Donkey Kong? LOL

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 LadyBlue

@Snugenz said:

@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

How?, oh if you're only a console gamer and you didn't own a PS3 or 360?, suuure, dat quality gaming.

I'm sure there is some sense in that post. I just can't seem to find it.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Snugenz

@ladyblue said:

@Snugenz said:

@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

The PS4 list is filled with a shit load of multiplats and a good amount of them are available on the older platforms.

You're not very bright are ya.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 lostrib

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

what does that have to do with anything?

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

Who cares? they play games not budgets,unlike most of you guys here it would seem ,where intent ownage of a handfull of games seems to beat actually going to play them :/

Oh and i would rather take these supposed indie PC Exclusives than the usual predicatable me too fps and tps games you always get.

Kerbal Space Program,Elite Dangerous,Star Citizen,Age of Wonders 3 etc etc etc..yup totally worthless PC exclusives,lets go play halo 25 and uncharted 9

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#146 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14421 Posts

The most important question for either console:

Which has the better pinball games? That's clearly the deciding factor for everyone.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Snugenz

@speedfreak48t5p said:

The most important question for either console:

Which has the better pinball games? That's clearly the deciding factor for everyone.

PS4 is the runaway winner in that regard, even though it's only true competition in the console space is it's little brother.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 LadyBlue

@Snugenz said:

@ladyblue said:

@Snugenz said:

@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

The PS4 list is filled with a shit load of multiplats and a good majority of them available on the older platforms.

You're not very bright are ya.

Funny you talk about bright considering the discussion was about having to wait. If they're on other system is irrelevant, you can still play them.

lol talk about self tapping. xD

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Lulu_Lulu

@Suppaman100

Heres the thing with Me.... I dislike TLOU and Uncharted for the same reason..... The Stupid PS3 controller.... In other games its fine but where precision is necessary the convex shaped analogue sticks is very uncomfortable and unintuitive for a shooting game, and for driving games where one needs to to balance the Throttle and Steering (Still don't get how Grant Turismo players don't whine about this), my thumb just slips off the damn thing

anyway... The gameplay faults of Uncharted were already mentioned... I just wana expand alil and say that the Platforming Inconsistancy from the 1st game was still in Uncharted 2.... The Weapons are not balanced like in the Last Of Us...... The AI was definately more dynamic but I would hardly call it smart, they just move around more. The Puzzles + Level Design was just stupid, I remember this one time We needed to cross a gap that was alil too wide.... This lil mini puzzle didn't require any thought whatsever (I thought it did at first) turns out you just have to navigate the layout and find a stupid box to help me get across, hiding puzzle pieces isn't smart its just stupid and lazy. Theres also sections of the game with Scalable surfaces that aren't appearent.... You won't know whether something is climable or not until you perform a leap of faith and bounce off the deceptive wall then to your very painfull death... Combine that with the inconsistant platforming and that leads to a scenario where Nathan fails to latch on to surfaces that ARE climable... I was stuck in the Ice Cave with stupid tenzen for much longer than I suppose to be because its hard to tell if I'm going the right way if Nathan doesn't do what he's suppose to do.

Again... Doesn't make the game terrible, other games are like this too, but It was a terrible experience.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

Path Of Exile