The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I think this dude also provides some legiti criticism aswel. Does the Xbox One need more exclusives other than Halo, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break? They need to be firing on all cylinders if they are going to match Sony in hte games department

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

lol console exclusives

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#3 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

I <3 Transistor and Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn. Infamous Second Son wasn't too bad either.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

The problem with the ps4 list is that a lot of the games on that list you can play on other platforms or the games are downloadable and kinda short in terms of gameplay. The same is kinda true for the xbox one list. The PS4 has more games released for it, but it doesn't have a lot of good games that you can't buy anywere else.That problem will probably be fixed by late 2015 and/or early 2016 for the ps4 once more 1st party exclusives release for it and the third party support for next gen only games increases.This applies to the xbox one to, but I'm interested in at least some xbox one games exclusives or multiplats(Titanfall) right now.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

None of the new consoles have enough games.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@super600 said:

The problem with the ps4 list is that a lot of the games on that list you can play on other platforms or the games are downloadable and kinda short in terms of gameplay. The same is kinda true for the xbox one list. The PS4 has more games released for it, but it doesn't have a lot of good games that you can't buy anywere else.That problem will probably be fixed by late 2015 and/or early 2016 for the ps4 once more 1st party exclusives release for it and the third party support for next gen only games increases.

Neither console has that great of a line up so far, really

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@super600 said:

The problem with the ps4 list is that a lot of the games on that list you can play on other platforms or the games are downloadable and kinda short in terms of gameplay. The same is kinda true for the xbox one list. The PS4 has more games released for it, but it doesn't have a lot of good games that you can't buy anywere else.That problem will probably be fixed by late 2015 and/or early 2016 for the ps4 once more 1st party exclusives release for it and the third party support for next gen only games increases.

Neither console has that great of a line up so far, really

That is why I'm waiting until more games release for both consoles and the price to drop further for both especially for the ps4 because the price is kinda high for that console in Canada.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

the real story is that PS4 has 3 pin ball games and the X1 has zero.....

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonsieurX

@spitfire-six said:

brb,buying a PS4 for pinball games

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

You adding multiplatform games on PS4 list but not on Xbox One list?

LOCK THREAD

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MonsieurX

@FreedomFreeLife said:

You adding multiplatform games on PS4 list but not on Xbox One list?

LOCK THREAD

Can't you read the title of each list?

Also,if this deserves to be locked,your threads deserve it as much.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Of course Xbone has no games... why do you think lems keep talking about their Ryse Son of 4/10? I don't remember any1 mentioning Knack nowdays

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

We still have E3 coming. I am looking forward to what is unveiled for the machines. I own them all, but since this thread is about PS4 having more and better games (based on the list in the OP), I will comment a little on that as well.

Historically, Sony has been very supportive of their home consoles (PS1, PS2, PS3) with their very strong 1st party support. I would imagine this isn't changing suddenly for the PS4. This list seems to indicate things are already going well in the PS4's favor with regards to games.

Sony's remained quiet on the PS4 front as E3 is so close. In theory, E3 should be quite the show as PS3 1st party support starts to temper down.

To be honest, right now I'm still playing my last gen games and PC mostly. This is how it always is during that first launch year for me for every machine I can remember.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonsieurX

@silversix_ said:

Of course Xbone has no games... why do you think lems keep talking about their Ryse Son of 4/10? I don't remember any1 mentioning Knack nowdays

I don't remember anyone mentioning Ryse recently but you or cows

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

The Xbox One has a better library right now if you ask me.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

Getting a PS4 this September, but judging from the games on the list, there are no worthy games to me that will justify purchasing either console at this time.

The PS4 games that have been listed are mostly available on last generation consoles/ PC and are mostly indie/arcade games that I wouldn't really give a damn about.

It's really funny how fanboys try to find something to brag about when there really isn't that much to brag about.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@spitfire-six said:

I have like two on my pc that are free

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#18 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I'm not seeing much reason to get either right now.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Lol at fanboys. Neither console has anything to write home about thus far. Go ahead, try and make yourself feel better about the hunk of plastic you bought.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

The question of who is "winning" the System Wars is often unanswerable considering everyone has a different view of how a winner is determined.

Not this gen though*, because the PS4 has the:

Most exclusive AA games (2>1)

Most AA games overall (for some reason lems brought this up last gen ((after they lost the exclusive lead to Sony's superior first party)), now it's horribly blowing up in their faces)

Best graphics

Most sales

and the best future

Sony wins this gen, better luck next gen lems.

* PC was not included, because lol PC gaming. Wii-U not included, because it's discontinuation is likely to happen soon so it's relevancy among gamers is slim.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17443 Posts

Ryse and Project Spark are the only exclusives i have for XB1, Infamous SS and DC Online for PS4.

Have a few multiplats for PS4, but neither console has very many games to play. This argument (and thread) is stupid.

Sure, PS4 has more games, but none are worth owning the console for or even worth playing. Even the free games are boring.

DR3 demo was boring, So are the PSN+

Ive spent more time watching boobs on playroom than i have actually playing either system

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster: ...I like how you say lol PC gaming when it is winning in pretty much all the categories you listed

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@The_Last_Ride

I never pegged you as the type who cares about these type of things enough to make thread about it.... It almost seems Baity.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@super600: That wasn't a problem with the 360 though was it? 360s library consisted of like nothing but games you could play elsewhere, yet posters here praise it.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Both have lackluster libraries so no faction can claim any ownage.

But, this will change in the near future and of course based on history, PS is your best bet if you want the best exclusives.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Doesnt matter, all lemz care about is Halo, Forza, Gears and now Titanfall

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@silversix_ said:

I don't remember anyone mentioning Ryse recently but you or cows

Wrong. Every time a new game is shown for ps4 that looks above average, ryse is mentioned.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Suppaman100

How does one determine "the best" exclusive..... Sony may have alot of them but some of them aren't particularly good.... I'd say Sony simply has a larger variety of them.

But for the Best Exclusives.... I sooner nominate Nintendo than Sony.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Hmmm , I can only see 3-5 exclusives on PS4 side . Rest are multiplatform and late ports from PC . While on Xbox One side there are only real exclusives except Titanfall . So unbiased .

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@super600 said:

The problem with the ps4 list is that a lot of the games on that list you can play on other platforms or the games are downloadable and kinda short in terms of gameplay. The same is kinda true for the xbox one list. The PS4 has more games released for it, but it doesn't have a lot of good games that you can't buy anywere else.That problem will probably be fixed by late 2015 and/or early 2016 for the ps4 once more 1st party exclusives release for it and the third party support for next gen only games increases.This applies to the xbox one to, but I'm interested in at least some xbox one games exclusives or multiplats(Titanfall) right now.

if you take that route you still have more on the PS4. Titanfall wouldn't be on there for X1

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2040 Posts

Give Lems a break, yesterday they were panicking with The Order and now this

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@blamix said:

Give Lems a break, yesterday they were panicking with The Order and now this

True . They are panicking from all those 'Pinball' games . Come on man , both systems have terrible games except one or too that are 7 at best (Resogun and Forza are clearly 8-9 games though) .

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

The amount of exclusives is so small you can fit it in one post.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Both suck for games atm, especially when you consider i can play the vast majority of those games on my PC for cheaper and at better settings.

lol consoles.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@spitfire-six said:

I lol'ed.. :)

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Hmmm , I can only see 3-5 exclusives on PS4 side . Rest are multiplatform and late ports from PC . While on Xbox One side there are only real exclusives except Titanfall . So unbiased .

Nothing biased or unfair about comparing the libraries of the two systems against each other directly. This claims to do so while removing games that appear on both. Again, perfectly fair.

The problem here is the lists are incomplete. One quick scan tells me Ryse isn't on the Xbone's list, and if that's missing, others might be on either side as well.

It's not useless because it doesn't only talk about exclusives: all games count when comparing libraries. It's useless because it's apparently incomplete.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Console gamers have really embraced indie games when they can use them to make their library look better

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

seriously, i know it's the beginning of the gen, but that's meagre on both sides, that's 'slim pickings'.

yeah well done ps4 *one single clap from a dented tin*

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Neither console has much in the way of exclusives but the Xbone library is still a joke compared to the PS4's. There's a reason lems are still talking about Ryse Flop of Rome, NO GAMES.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts
@inb4uall said:

Lol at fanboys. Neither console has anything to write home about thus far. Go ahead, try and make yourself feel better about the hunk of plastic you bought.

^^^ The truth of the matter is that if these people had anything to play right now, we wouldn't see the same people endlessly defending their console day after day with such frequency you wonder if their full time job is posting on Gamespot.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lulu_Lulu

@IMAHAPYHIPPO

Obviously they're bored already.... Bragging about their console is actually more fun than you know.... Actually playing games on them.

They might aswell try to log in gamespot from the console.... Just to make it seem like less of a waste.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#43  Edited By DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

@santoron said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Nothing biased or unfair about comparing the libraries of the two systems against each other directly. This claims to do so while removing games that appear on both. Again, perfectly fair.

The problem here is the lists are incomplete. One quick scan tells me Ryse isn't on the Xbone's list, and if that's missing, others might be on either side as well.

It's not useless because it doesn't only talk about exclusives: all games count when comparing libraries. It's useless because it's apparently incomplete.

The reason Ryse isn't there is it's score is too low. Both lists cut off at 70%, hence why Knack is missing from PS4's side.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@DerekLoffin said:

@santoron said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

The reason Ryse isn't there is it's score is too low. Both lists cut off at 70%, hence why Knack is missing from PS4's side.

That would do it. Never occurred to me that the lists cut off at 70.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Suppaman100

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

How does one determine "the best" exclusive..... Sony may have alot of them but some of them aren't particularly good.... I'd say Sony simply has a larger variety of them.

Well if Mario and co is your cup of tea then ok. But Nintendo's rehashes don't interest me anymore.

If you want something fresh and new you need to look at PS.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

Well if Mario and co is your cup of tea then ok. But Nintendo's rehashes don't interest me anymore.

What's fresh or new on the PS?.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

This is hilarious. Never thought I'd see the day cows are desperately trying to fluff up game library lists because they have none LOL.

Take out all the fluff, all the indies, all the multiplats and you're left with garbage like Clownzone and Knack.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
@santoron said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

"Nothing biased or unfair about comparing the libraries of the two systems against each other directly."

Completely true. Yet last gen when we did it with the 360 and PS3, cows cried foul. So it just goes to show the desperate lengths cows are going to because they don't have any real exclusives.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lulu_Lulu

@Suppaman100

Gaming is not like other mediums.... Its not about novel gratifcations and being on the bleeding edge of everything.

The Only fresh and New thing Sony have done in terms of Gameplay (the most important part of gaming) is Little Big Planet... I rank this series far higher than Naught Dog and Santa Monica studios combined !

Truth be told... Nintendo is a whole lot better at "Fresh and New" than Sony is.... Sony's defintion of Fresh and New is stealing other concepts from other mediums... As if good story telling in the forn of cutscenes didn't exist before..... And on the Gameplay Front they've actually went backwards.... Uncharted 2 is average at best... God Of War (all four games) are great... But QTE's is not gameplay. And the Last Of Us is just a damn good TPS... Its not the one of a kinda Mona Lisa that fanboys make it out to be, infact its cover system is terrible.

Nintendo is only Rehashing its mytholgy.... The actuall gameplay in the Mario games has evolved significantly.

But if your definition of Fresh and New is calling is reusing the same ass gameplay in a different universe then more power to you (as if theres a difference between a Zombie and a Clicker)

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Suppaman100

@Snugenz said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Suppaman100

What's fresh or new on the PS?.

Just look at last gen and you'll see that Sony had the most new (successful) IP's.