PS4 graphics are pretty good - don't you agree?

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#151 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@EducatingU_PCMR: Thats absolutely BS. The PS4 almost always beats a 6850 and sometimes a 7850. Once GPU compute is used it will see further gains.

Well it's only one game, but still, it's true, you can look other bench sites

Sure "GPGPU" is PS' secret sauce lol

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Jankarcop: Exactly how do they look different when all the assets are identical. Your picture didn't look any better then his so please explain how they look NOTHING alike as you say.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 AM-Gamer

@EducatingU_PCMR: Thats one bad port.

EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 EducatingU_PCMR

@AM-Gamer said:

Doubt it, it's more probable the culprit is PS4's CPU, a CPU that weak can't hold a steady 60fps, so they just locked it to 30fps.

How many current gen (not remasters) games are 1080p60 on PS4?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Doubt it, it's more probable the culprit is PS4's CPU, a CPU that weak can't hold a steady 60fps, so they just locked it to 30fps.

The game didn't even use deferred workloads on the cpu to help feed gpu data. So basically all the gpu data was handled by one core. At least with deferred workloads other cores can handle non priority 2nd pass based work then send it to the main core then send to the gpu. But that did not happen with this game one core did it all gpu handling.

EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 EducatingU_PCMR

@04dcarraher said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@AM-Gamer said:

The game didn't even use deferred workloads on the cpu to help feed gpu data. So basically all the gpu data was handled by one core. At least with deferred workloads other cores can handle non priority 2nd pass based work then send it to the main core then send to the gpu. But that did not happen with this game one core did it all gpu handling.

I don't know about that, but the game runs really well on PC, even an FX4100 can keep a 295X2 above 90fps

Besides he implied the PS4 game is a port, which we don't know unless he has some inside info.

The point stands, you can't call a game "bad" just because is not running at the golden standard, there is no current gen game (no remaster/indie) that runs at 1080p60 on PS4. But I guess it's easier to just call a game unoptimized than accept your favorite plastic box is not up to task.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@Jankarcop: Exactly how do they look different

Your eyes suck. Second place gfx (third place games) must have fucked your brain up.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Jankarcop

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@EducatingU_PCMR: Thats absolutely BS. The PS4 almost always beats a 6850 and sometimes a 7850. Once GPU compute is used it will see further gains.

Well it's only one game, but still, it's true, you can look other bench sites

Sure "GPGPU" is PS' secret sauce lol

Demolished.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 AM-Gamer

@Jankarcop: I wasn't referring to the shitty cherry picked shots you keep posting you little troll. DC is the best looking racing game period so stay butthurt and salty.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By AM-Gamer

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@04dcarraher said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@AM-Gamer said:

I don't know about that, but the game runs really well on PC, even an FX4100 can keep a 295X2 above 90fps

Besides he implied the PS4 game is a port, which we don't know unless he has some inside info.

The point stands, you can't call a game "bad" just because is not running at the golden standard, there is no current gen game (no remaster/indie) that runs at 1080p60 on PS4. But I guess it's easier to just call a game unoptimized than accept your favorite plastic box is not up to task.

Its easy to call a game unoptimized when we know one cpu core was responsible for feeding the GPU and the fact that there are games that look better on the console that are more cpu intensive that run at double the framerate. Im sorry you are so delusional you think a 6850 will outperform a PS4 yet you can only post a link of one benchmark on a game that really shouldn't be that cpu intensive.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@m3dude1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

lol photomode.

no photo mode needed

even the screens show an insane amount of motion blur, it looks blurred on movement, and we are talking about a corridor racing game here, it is the same as second son, they had to give up a lot of shadows and distance of view to achieve decent graphics, point is, ps4 is not a magic box, its hardware is pathetic and any modern gaming pc absolutely destroys it, we are talking about pcs that are 3-4 times stringer, or even more, that fact won't change no matter screens you post.

You say Infamous SS has decent visuals? But graphically it blows most open world games out of the water. Also when things move they tend to have motion blur. That's kind of how things are supposed to work. I have yet to see a racing game that rivals DC so please post pictures to back it up. It doesn't matter how much stronger a high end PC is the fact is it has yet to have a racing game that matches DC..... at least visually.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Quicksilver128

@True_Gamer_ said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

@ripsaw1994: pc has always looked better than console. People who tried to justify x360 last gen by saying it looked better and was more powerful than pc were full of shit, and weren't pc gamers to begin with. While those fools were playing cod2 and gun at 720p or less I was playing them in twice the rest maxed using a 7900 Nvidia and then a 8800gtx. Does that mean consoles last gen were bad looking at the time? No they just never matched pc.

This gen it's the same thing, but different. For most people 1080p is the norm, 4k cost a lot with a special monitor. Entry point for that is staggering. For 1080p most ps4 games that are multiplat are equivalent to pc counterparts minus more aa. Xbone is less resolution. My ATI 7870 is about equal to my ps4.

People who bad mouth consoles this gen as "weak" are full of shit. They are vastly superior to consoles last gen. Double the res (for ps4) more shaders, rops and 8x the memory.

Comparing to pc is stupid and people doing so sound like they need to justify their system. I have been a pc gamer since inception in the 80's on 4 color cga displays and apple iic... things have come a long way, but they also have come along way for consoles.

You can have appreciation for both. I avoid almost all controller based games on pc, as one I don't like the x360 controller, and want to play those games on my massive tv. While I wouldn't play a grand strategy game like eu4 or civ5 on console, those style games belong on pc.

Bottom line, u can love both. And people that berate consoles are the same fools who would be hating on a $599 price point if they were more powerful.... so there is no winning to them... they are just negative trolls who are just full of hate or snobbery.

Both platforms have their place and u should experience them both... just avoid that xbone, no reaon to buy that crap :p

Oblivion benchmarks circa March 2006 tell a different story...

Dont judge the 360 on 2008 basis...Judge it on 2005-early 2006....

The Xbone and the PS4 are gen 7.5....both cost LESS to build than the selling price...

I want my $715 console sold at $400...

That isn't true, both Sony and MS took a small loss at launch. It was nothing like last gen but you will never see companies take a loss like that again, it almost tanked the console industry.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Jankarcop

@AM-Gamer said:

shitty cherry picked shots you keep posting

On the brightside, at least you aren't lying and saying that they are edited/resized like last time. You now see that game can look like absolute shit.

On the road to reducing that denial. Very good my child.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#165 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

How about this guys, give me 30 minutes or so, I will go to multiple locations in the game and take identical screen shots from the same perspective looking at the same things. Both sets will be in photomode, one set will be with all of the processing effects in place and the other will be taken before they get a chance to fall into effect.

By doing this we will be able to see what the game actually looks like more or less. Also bear in mind that we're viewing static screenshots on small displays with extremely condensed pixel density, anything will look better on these displays versus that of the actual game being played on a television.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@nyadc said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@nyadc said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Yep. Don't believe the rampant hermit propaganda. For console users, PS4 is a substantial upgrade over last gen console graphics.

That's not saying much, they also already reached their limitations with the hardware.

Doesn't matter to most console gamers.

With the whole Xbox One bashing and resolution bullshit I see posted everywhere I would be extremely inclined to disagree with you. 1080p PlayStation 4 game and the same game 900p on the Xbox One and suddenly it's unimaginably important... It doesn't matter to console gamers when it negatively affects them, when the PC destroys them visually it doesn't matter, but as soon as something looks even remotely good on a console it's instantly the most important thing on Earth, don't patronize me like this is not a known reality.

You fool nobody. We all know you are an Lemming trying to hide in a hermits container. Atleast try to hide your bitterness.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Jankarcop

PS4, needs more POWAAA

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

PS4, needs more POWAAA

It's like 2d compared to 3d. lol consoles

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By NyaDC

It's not a huge difference but they do spruce up the image quite a lot, a lot AA is added, a lot of AF is added, reflections become defined and not a blur, level of detail increases everywhere, foliage density increases etc. The game looks good but not nearly as much as it's made out to be, it's got some shortcomings.

Top images will be the before effects screen shots. Please also bear in mind that you're looking at these on a computer monitor with very condensed pixel density, the problems look much worse at proper scale on a 40"+ TV.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Its easy to call a game unoptimized when we know one cpu core was responsible for feeding the GPU and the fact that there are games that look better on the console that are more cpu intensive that run at double the framerate. Im sorry you are so delusional you think a 6850 will outperform a PS4 yet you can only post a link of one benchmark on a game that really shouldn't be that cpu intensive.

The FX 4100 is also a 3.6 ghz cpu that is around 40% faster then the Jaguar architecture clock per clock. So which means that single core of that FX4100 can supply nearly 3x the data to the gpu. Which is why all i5's and i7 are able to run circles around all FX series around 3.5 ghz powering that R9 295x2. Because they are much faster then FX series clock per clock. i5 4690k at 3.5 ghz vs that FX 4100 there is a 85% difference in minimum framerates

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#171  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Quicksilver128 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

@ripsaw1994: pc has always looked better than console. People who tried to justify x360 last gen by saying it looked better and was more powerful than pc were full of shit, and weren't pc gamers to begin with. While those fools were playing cod2 and gun at 720p or less I was playing them in twice the rest maxed using a 7900 Nvidia and then a 8800gtx. Does that mean consoles last gen were bad looking at the time? No they just never matched pc.

This gen it's the same thing, but different. For most people 1080p is the norm, 4k cost a lot with a special monitor. Entry point for that is staggering. For 1080p most ps4 games that are multiplat are equivalent to pc counterparts minus more aa. Xbone is less resolution. My ATI 7870 is about equal to my ps4.

People who bad mouth consoles this gen as "weak" are full of shit. They are vastly superior to consoles last gen. Double the res (for ps4) more shaders, rops and 8x the memory.

Comparing to pc is stupid and people doing so sound like they need to justify their system. I have been a pc gamer since inception in the 80's on 4 color cga displays and apple iic... things have come a long way, but they also have come along way for consoles.

You can have appreciation for both. I avoid almost all controller based games on pc, as one I don't like the x360 controller, and want to play those games on my massive tv. While I wouldn't play a grand strategy game like eu4 or civ5 on console, those style games belong on pc.

Bottom line, u can love both. And people that berate consoles are the same fools who would be hating on a $599 price point if they were more powerful.... so there is no winning to them... they are just negative trolls who are just full of hate or snobbery.

Both platforms have their place and u should experience them both... just avoid that xbone, no reaon to buy that crap :p

Oblivion benchmarks circa March 2006 tell a different story...

Dont judge the 360 on 2008 basis...Judge it on 2005-early 2006....

The Xbone and the PS4 are gen 7.5....both cost LESS to build than the selling price...

I want my $715 console sold at $400...

That isn't true, both Sony and MS took a small loss at launch. It was nothing like last gen but you will never see companies take a loss like that again, it almost tanked the console industry.

Agreed. Those days are over. And I cant blame any company for not wanting to manufacture at $700 and sell for $400. That's fucking stupid business in todays market.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 AM-Gamer

@Jankarcop: Wtf are you talking about? You post one pic to discredit it. There's multiple pics not even from the photo mode that look better then what you posted. There's not a single game available where you couldn't find a shitty pic if you wanted. It's amazing how butthurt DC has you. Post a racing game that looks better or stfu. You can't because it doesn't exist.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 NyaDC

@04dcarraher said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

The FX 4100 is also a 3.6 ghz cpu that is around 40% faster then the Jaguar architecture clock per clock. So which means that single core of that FX4100 can supply nearly 3x the data to the gpu. Which is why all i5's and i7 are able to run circles around all FX series around 3.5 ghz powering that R9 295x2. Because they are much faster then FX series clock per clock. i5 4690k at 3.5 ghz vs that FX 4100 there is a 85% difference in minimum framerates

Pretty much dead on, the per core performance of AMD CPU's even at 4.0Ghz is pretty atrocious, at 1.6Ghz that is just an abomination...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

This place is a gathering thread for jealous hermits and butthurt lems. Anyone saying the Order or Driveclub don't look good is on drugs or blind. Thank God I own a good PC and PS4 and don't have to lie to myself about PS4's obviously good graphics. PS4, PC, and even Xbone are all capable of producing good graphics. Anyone can make any game look bad by cherrypicking bad screenshots.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#175 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Quicksilver128 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@m3dude1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

lol photomode.

no photo mode needed

even the screens show an insane amount of motion blur, it looks blurred on movement, and we are talking about a corridor racing game here, it is the same as second son, they had to give up a lot of shadows and distance of view to achieve decent graphics, point is, ps4 is not a magic box, its hardware is pathetic and any modern gaming pc absolutely destroys it, we are talking about pcs that are 3-4 times stringer, or even more, that fact won't change no matter screens you post.

You say Infamous SS has decent visuals? But graphically it blows most open world games out of the water. Also when things move they tend to have motion blur. That's kind of how things are supposed to work. I have yet to see a racing game that rivals DC so please post pictures to back it up. It doesn't matter how much stronger a high end PC is the fact is it has yet to have a racing game that matches DC..... at least visually.

Loading Video...

no motion blur, 60 fps, and no, no game is "supposed" to be blurry, is just something they add to hide fps drops, as for infamous second son, PLEASE, just look at skyrim with mods on pc to know what a truly open world with good graphics is like, infamous as i said does look good, but it had to make a lot of sacrifices to do so. Again no matter how much you want to spin it or make bs about, ps4 just CAN'T COMPETE with machines that are 3-4 times stronger, period.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 NyaDC

@quadknight said:

Anyone can make any game look bad by cherrypicking bad screenshots.

You can also make a game look better than it actually does by cherry picking all the same, e.g. most Driveclub screen shots.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Jankarcop

Best gfx ever:

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 AM-Gamer

@nyadc said:

It's not a huge difference but they do spruce up the image quite a lot, a lot AA is added, a lot of AF is added, reflections become defined and not a blur, level of detail increases everywhere, foliage density increases etc. The game looks good but not nearly as much as it's made out to be, it's got some shortcomings.

Top images will be the before effects screen shots. Please also bear in mind that you're looking at these on a computer monitor with very condensed pixel density, the problems look much worse at proper scale on a 40"+ TV.

You can't honestly tell me with a straight face that there is any difference in those screens outside of AA. The LOD looks identical on both shots.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By QuadKnight

@nyadc said:

@quadknight said:

Anyone can make any game look bad by cherrypicking bad screenshots.

You can also make a game look better than it actually does by cherry picking all the same, e.g. most Driveclub screen shots.

Driveclub actually looks good in gameplay though so my point still stands...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

I wouldn't expect you to know this though since you've never actually played the game. All fanboys like you do is compare screenshots instead of actually playing the game for yourselves and judging it.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By AM-Gamer

@Krelian-co said:

@Quicksilver128 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@m3dude1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

lol photomode.

no photo mode needed

Loading Video...

no motion blur, 60 fps, and no, no game is "supposed" to be blurry, is just something they add to hide fps drops, as for infamous second son, PLEASE, just look at skyrim with mods on pc to know what a truly open world with good graphics is like, infamous as i said does look good, but it had to make a lot of sacrifices to do so. Again no matter how much you want to spin it or make bs about, ps4 just CAN'T COMPETE with machines that are 3-4 times stronger, period.

@Krelian-co said:

@Quicksilver128 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@m3dude1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

lol photomode.

no photo mode needed

Loading Video...

HAHA you think that looks better then DC, Motion blur should have been used in that game to hide the hideously low poly trees which appear to be card-bored cutouts. And you can talk about the PC not competing all you like but the fact of the matter is there is gameplay videos of both games in this very thread and I don't think anyone with common logic or decent eye sight would say anything other then the fact that DC looks far better. The only advantage F1 has is double the frame rate but it comes at the cost of much lower assets.

And Skyrim is what a open world should look like? Infamous SS is a far superior looking game especially compared to the extremely low poly models in sky-rim as well as the low poly environments.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By NyaDC
@AM-Gamer said:

You can't honestly tell me with a straight face that there is any difference in those screens outside of AA. The LOD looks identical on both shots.

Save all of these pictures to a folder and switch back and forth through them using windows image viewer, you can see it quite obviously.

http://imgur.com/K1KhIFa,4VZcstD,a0eLxw4,zgthjAM,7El402N,Qr0YTLK,j8b0HPO,Dv7YICq,a4T9eCv,C4ET95Q,ga1eXdY,0ZLGn03#0

@quadknight said:

I wouldn't expect you to know this though since you've never actually played the game. All fanboys like you do is compare screenshots instead of actually playing the game for yourselves and judging it.

Are you brain dead? I took those screen shots posted above, I've owned this game since 7am the day it came out...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 QuadKnight

@nyadc said:
@AM-Gamer said:

Save all of these pictures to a folder and switch back and forth through them using windows image viewer, you can see it quite obviously.

http://imgur.com/K1KhIFa,4VZcstD,a0eLxw4,zgthjAM,7El402N,Qr0YTLK,j8b0HPO,Dv7YICq,a4T9eCv,C4ET95Q,ga1eXdY,0ZLGn03#0

@quadknight said:

Are you brain dead? I took those screen shots posted above, I've owned this game since 7am the day it came out...

>Accuses me of being brain dead

>Makes brain dead claims.

Show me any racing game with better looking rain or environments than DC. You can't because there aren't any. Therefore my point still stands, it's a glorious looking game and you are a butthurt brain dead hermit.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 AM-Gamer

@nyadc said:
@AM-Gamer said:

@quadknight said:

I did and outside of AA i dont see it. You said more foliage? Really?

And if I recall the devs specifically said all they added was AA.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By NyaDC

@AM-Gamer said:

@nyadc said:
@AM-Gamer said:

@quadknight said:

The trees thicken and more pop up at distance, the grass becomes more dense and longer, more plants come into view etc.

@quadknight said:

@nyadc said:

@quadknight said:

Show me any racing game with better looking rain or environments than DC. You can't because there aren't any. Therefore my point still stands, it's a glorious looking game and you are a butthurt brain dead hermit.

Hey baby brain, do you see me comparing this to any other game? Oh yeah, because I'm fucking not, I'm comparing to itself and the stupid photomode bullshots that people post up everywhere trying to misrepresent the way the game actually looks in play...

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Quicksilver128

@Krelian-co said:

@Quicksilver128 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@m3dude1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

lol photomode.

no photo mode needed

Loading Video...

Im sorry to tell you but high quality motion blur is actually quite taxing on the GPU. If they took it out completely im sure higher framerates could be achieved. The thing is high quality motion blur actually makes the game look really good. As for skyrim mods the only one that really impressed me was pretty much unplayable on modern PCs.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 QuadKnight

@nyadc said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@nyadc said:
@AM-Gamer said:

@quadknight said:

The trees thicken and more pop up at distance, the grass becomes more dense and longer, more plants come into view etc.

@quadknight said:

@nyadc said:

@quadknight said:

Hey baby brain, do you see me comparing this to any other game? Oh yeah, because I'm fucking not, I'm comparing to itself and the stupid photomode bullshots that people post up everywhere trying to misrepresent the way the game actually looks in play...

I don't give a shit about your stupid photomode/gameplay comparison. You're pointing out the obvious.

Devs already said all they added to the photomode is AA and everyone has known that since day one. The game still looks spectacular in gameplay. You're just a butthurt hermit like I said earlier.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Jankarcop

lmao at the moving goal post of this thread:

-PS4 has the best gfx.

-I mean DC has the best gfx.

-I mean DC has the best racing game gfx.

-I mean DC has the best racing game environments and rain.

Second Place Race. Keep posting photomodes, the in-game shit looks so silver medal.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 AM-Gamer

@nyadc said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@nyadc said:
@AM-Gamer said:

@quadknight said:

@quadknight said:

@nyadc said:

@quadknight said:

The foliage on the top and bottom screens all look identical so what are you talking about exactly? That is not what I would call a misrepresentation of the game when really all they seemed to add was AA. I would say the game looks better in motion because the few jaggies you see with non photo mode pics are hard to see in motion due to the high quality per object motion blur. You act as if there doctored up 4k screenshots and the difference is minimal at best..... stop the hyperbole.

Not to mention the photo mode in other games add less then DC most don't even add AA.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 NyaDC

@AM-Gamer said:

The foliage on the top and bottom screens all look identical so what are you talking about exactly? That is not what I would call a misrepresentation of the game when really all they seemed to add was AA. I would say the game looks better in motion because the few jaggies you see with non photo mode pics are hard to see in motion due to the high quality per object motion blur. You act as if there doctored up 4k screenshots and the difference is minimal at best..... stop the hyperbole.

Not to mention the photo mode in other games add less then DC most don't even add AA.

Either blind or delusional, I can't believe I have to make a video for you people when I've already posted stacked screen shots...

Loading Video...

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Jankarcop

^Holy shit, this guy just took the kids to school. I'm gonna love their damage control against actual videos.

@AM-Gamer has yet again been exposed as piece of shit liar. You can't accept that PS4 is a distant second in gfx against PC, and have to lie about DC's capabilities by only posting photo-mode shots. Minimal at best? Fucking idiot, there is a reason you goons only use photomode shots of blurry mess PS4 games, and never real gameplay,

Versus:

@Jankarcop said:

Best gfx ever:

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By NyaDC

@Jankarcop said:

Holy shit, this guy just took the kids to school. I'm gonna love their damage control against actual videos.

That's not even my intent, I just want people to remain honest and not exaggerate things which seems so hard for them to do. Driveclub has features that can make it a truly good looking game, but it's also got core aspects that can greatly detract from it and ruin that visual experience. What these guys don't seem to understand or won't admit is that most of what makes Driveclub look good are visual effects and features which mask the issues with the core of the game graphically.

Notice how most if not all of the images they post are during weather sequences? That weather which looks fantastic masks so many issues with the game, it's like an entirely new level of motion blur that makes everything look ten times better than it actually is. If you play it without the weather it just looks bland, drab and unimpressive, they know this, because when you really get down to it it's not THAT impressive looking of a game.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Why are people touting Drive Club for graphics? It looks like shit.

Has that horrible covered on Vaseline look to it and can look over saturated at times.

The game assets at a distance so fucking piss poor and you can literally see the copy and paste square grids for the foliage and tree's.

Normal maps on the scenery are often a joke and look like they were done on PS3....

Honestly Drive Club = Amazing lighting, Shit everything else.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

PS4's graphic results are fine but it's seems to be a yesteryear gaming PC. If I have just a very slim laptop or Surface 3 Pro tablet (can run fast Android X86 with AMIDuOS software) without a gaming GPU, PS4 would be my console choice.

Running Android X86 native build on Windows from http://www.amiduos.com/

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@delta3074: He said it looked NOTHING like that. So perhaps you need to look up the definition of the word nothing before you ride his cock some more. You obviously took his side and called me out yet completely ignored the fact that he said it looks NOTHING like the photo mode. And yes you are a raving anti PS4 troll who somehow thought his argument was more logical then mine.

'And yes you are a raving anti PS4 troll who somehow thought his argument was more logical then mine.'

Funny , cos i never even mentioned his argument, you sort out your reading comprehension sunshine.

My post was PURELY about the fact that you called him a dumb troll whilst contradicting yourself in one sentence.

I have no interest in his argument or yours, my only interest was pointing you out for the idiot you are but you don't need my help, this post is enough with you spouting on about things i never even mentioned in my posts.

where did i actually say his argument held more weight than yours?

I didn't so stop making up shit in your deluded ,immature fanboy brain sunshine.

I was merely pointing out the Irony that somebody like you, who is obviously lacking in the brains dept and is an obvious troll, would call someone else a Dumb Troll.

Pot calling kettle black really.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Chozofication:

Your FLOPS number is pointless.

PS3's CELL ~= PS4's CPU .

Intel Core i7-2600 is faster than 8 AMD Jaguar cores at 1.6 Ghz.

Being CISC, X86 has instruction fusion or instruction compression.

RISC instructions are simplistic which requires several instructions to equal a CISC instruction.

On modern X86 CPUs, CISC instructions gets broken down to several RISC instructions hence X86 instruction set acts as instruction compression i.e. do more with less.

X86's win over RISC competitors are backed with design.

ARM has it's 16 bit instruction set (decodes to 32bit instruction set) for instruction compression. ARM is the only CPU ISA that can compete against X86.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#196 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@Chozofication:

Your FLOPS number is pointless.

I was joking. It's as pointless as the RSX flop number given by who I responded to.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@nyadc said:
@AM-Gamer said:

@quadknight said:

there is no difference in environmental lod, you just have no idea how supersampling works.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#198 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@nyadc said:

Either blind or delusional, I can't believe I have to make a video for you people when I've already posted stacked screen shots...

Loading Video...

Well done.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Nothing on PC or Xbone can top The Order, Drive Club and Infamous.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 NyaDC

@m3dude1 said:

@nyadc said:
@AM-Gamer said:

@quadknight said:

there is no difference in environmental lod, you just have no idea how supersampling works.

You need to get your eyes checked, don't try to get smart with me boy...