PS3 + Wii = 360 + 7 years XBL gold

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#151 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Which is hilarious because PS3 fanboys constantly try to assert that the 360 has "no games" even though in the real world, it has more games than the PS3 and then they come up with all kinds of reasons for why those games don't count. "They're too old!" "Still nothing as highly rated as Uncharted 2 or MGS 4!" "You have to pay for Xbox Live!" and my favorite of all... "Well, I can get the better version on the PC anyway!" Gotta love that. The instant you bring up a game like Minecraft or The Witcher 2 as a benefit for the 360 over the PS3 (and most people don't try to present them as exclusives, even though the notion of console exclusivity exists in the real world and not here), the only rebuttal PS3 fanboys have is to bring another platform into the discussion to save the PS3.

Really makes you think, doesn't it?

The 360 has a larger library of quality games than the PS3. This is a fact. No amount of opinionated rebuttals or bringing in the PC to defend the PS3 can change that, as much as you'd like them to.

tormentos

Yes it has more games to bad a ton are old ones no one care about,since 2009 the PS3 has been on a roll with games,and while you get the same halo,forza and gears,we get new series.

Spin it however you like. Quality games are quality games and the 360 has more of them than the PS3. :)

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"]Broken 360 = fixed for free. Broken PS3 = 160 euro to fix. Headset free with 360. Buy one for PS3. Rumble pads included with 360. Rumble called "last gen" and "impossible" by Sony... who then release rumble pads for 50 euro each as a nice big "fvck you" to their early adopters. All three console makers just want our cash, they just have different ways of screwing us :Ptormentos
The PS3 had 1 year warranty,the xbox 360 was rise to 3 years almost 2 years after the problem appear,and YLOD wasn't even close to RROD.. You could even use PS2 head sets,could you do that on 360.? Socom head set work perfectly on PS3,and the one you got free was a wired one. Yes but they had motion and build in battery,the play and charge kit was $20 extra,360 controllers to this day still are to expensive,$50 dollars no rechargeable batteries and no motion,DS3 include motion,rumble and build in battery as cost $55,on 360 you need a play an charge kit is extra. But wait there is more.. The PS3 was blu-ray which was $1,000 on 2006,so when the 360 get the ad on for blu-ray.? Oh you got one a dead format for $200,which sky rocket the price of the xbox 360 to $600 dollars but without wifi,and without free online play those were $99 apart for something the even the wii had,and $50 for online play.. In the race of who god more screwed by who MS fans will always loose.

Wow you're an idiot. Did you know the XBOX had a 1year warranty as well? Did you also know they extended that warranty to 3 years and they re-imbursed people that had to pay for the repair. Unlike like Sony that NEVER extended it's warranty OR re-imbursed anyone for repairs. I've had 3 XBOXs since launch yet I only paid for 1. BTW not all BR players were $1000 in 2006 so stop false statements.
Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts
Why is it always COWS who care the most about the XBL fee? You don't pay for it, and you do realize that lems don't care, because its so fvcking cheap in the grand scheme of things. PSN = no party chat, less integrated, aka - inferior. The XBL fee has ALWAYS been attached to the Xbox console. Everyone knows that you have to pay for online. Yet they keep buying it. Maybe it's not as big a deal as you cows like to think it is.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Which is hilarious because PS3 fanboys constantly try to assert that the 360 has "no games" even though in the real world, it has more games than the PS3 and then they come up with all kinds of reasons for why those games don't count. "They're too old!" "Still nothing as highly rated as Uncharted 2 or MGS 4!" "You have to pay for Xbox Live!" and my favorite of all... "Well, I can get the better version on the PC anyway!" Gotta love that. The instant you bring up a game like Minecraft or The Witcher 2 as a benefit for the 360 over the PS3 (and most people don't try to present them as exclusives, even though the notion of console exclusivity exists in the real world and not here), the only rebuttal PS3 fanboys have is to bring another platform into the discussion to save the PS3.

The 360 has a larger library of quality games than the PS3. This is a fact. No amount of opinionated rebuttals or bringing in the PC to defend the PS3 can change that, as much as you'd like them to.

tormentos

Yes it has more games to bad a ton are old ones no one care about,since 2009 the PS3 has been on a roll with games,and while you get the same halo,forza and gears,we get new series.

your subjective opinion=/= rest of the worlds subjective opinion, stop passing off your own skewed opinion as some sort of common worldwde opinion, it really isn't,lol
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts
Quite frankly, you don't really need the wii in there, the ps3 already makes having an xbox obsolete :lol: :cool:
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 delta3074
[QUOTE="Plagueless"]Why is it always COWS who care the most about the XBL fee? You don't pay for it, and you do realize that lems don't care, because its so fvcking cheap in the grand scheme of things. PSN = no party chat, less integrated, aka - inferior. The XBL fee has ALWAYS been attached to the Xbox console. Everyone knows that you have to pay for online. Yet they keep buying it. Maybe it's not as big a deal as you cows like to think it is.

where did you get your gamercard?
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Why is it always COWS who care the most about the XBL fee? You don't pay for it, and you do realize that lems don't care, because its so fvcking cheap in the grand scheme of things. PSN = no party chat, less integrated, aka - inferior. The XBL fee has ALWAYS been attached to the Xbox console. Everyone knows that you have to pay for online. Yet they keep buying it. Maybe it's not as big a deal as you cows like to think it is.Plagueless

Ive come to the conclusion all cows are 13 year old tramps who can't afford Live.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
well seeing as how i use my 360 more in one year than i've used my ps3 and wii combined in 5 years its well worth the price. plus i cant remember when the last time i actually payed $60 for live was. usually i can get it for around $35-40
EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 EzcapeTheFate
Member since 2010 • 1063 Posts
As I predicted the cows would be starting staggering amounts of xbox hate threads the closer Halo 4 gets to launch. Damn October is going to be a long month. Oh well, I do enjoy watching cows sad attempt at damage control though. :cool:
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

tormentos

then why does the 360 have more quality games this year than ps3 this year?
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] Also subjective... and skewed by fictitious rules implemented by the feral dogs of system wars... xbox has dozens of high quality ganes that are NOT available on ps3, witcher 2 comes to mind as well as an insanely good selection of download arcade games. Ps3 having a "better lineup" is purely subjective and skewed. tormentos

The witcher 2 is on PC is a multi platform game..lol

The topic at hand is 360 vs PS3. So, are you saying to compete with the 360 you need a PS3 anda PC?

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Why do you guyze care how we spend our money ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK4uWvbG9liNoDTUhuZ5A

You almost behave like we're on a forum dedicated to those products and there's an alternative to our beloved 360 :(

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

7 years of XBL Gold = worth it 7 years of cow tears = pricelesssts106mat

Cows aren't the ones that are forced pay $$$ if they want to play online. So you got that statement backwards.

And to answer the original question of this thread which you faild to do. Wii and PS3 is by far a better choice.

Pick any 2 out of the 3 console and obviosuly they'd have the edge over just one.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Thank you genius... thats my point. Its NOT on ps3. The overlooking of console exclusives on xbox is a system wars rule. The real world could care less.

It's not console exclusive

It is available on xbox360 and not available on ps3... how dense can u cows possibly be.?

console exclusive=exclusive to consoles
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 delta3074
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] It's not console exclusive

It is available on xbox360 and not available on ps3... how dense can u cows possibly be.?

wrong again mayor 'Console exclusivity refers to the status of a video game being released on only one video game console.' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_exclusivity
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 themajormayor
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] It is available on xbox360 and not available on ps3... how dense can u cows possibly be.?

wrong again mayor 'Console exclusivity refers to the status of a video game being released on only one video game console.' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_exclusivity

And this comes from an unsourced paragraph of a wikipedia article.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#168 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

So, as expected, this turned out as a PS3 + Wii + PC vs 360 lol

360 cant win in system wars. Just in real world :P

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 delta3074
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] console exclusive=exclusive to consoles

can you find a link that proves it wrong? can you find another link that gives a different definition of wht it means because here on GS it means a game that is only on one console, don't like it, go somewhere else 'because i said so ' ain't gonna cut it dude
Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts
These threads inspire me to do great things, like renew my XBL gold membership for 2 more years. Thank you MS.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 themajormayor
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="delta3074"]wrong again mayor 'Console exclusivity refers to the status of a video game being released on only one video game console.' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_exclusivity

can you find a link that proves it wrong? can you find another link that gives a different definition of wht it means because here on GS it means a game that is only on one console, don't like it, go somewhere else 'because i said so ' ain't gonna cut it dude

I have logic, you have nothing. PS3 exclusive=Exclusive to PS3, Console exclusive=Exclusive to consoles.
EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 EzcapeTheFate
Member since 2010 • 1063 Posts

PAL360
People hate a winner. They see someone or something thats doing well and has success people get angry and want to see it fail. Sad but its just the way it is.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 themajormayor
[QUOTE="SonySoldier-_-"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]7 years of XBL Gold = worth it 7 years of cow tears = pricelesssts106mat

Cows aren't the ones that are forced pay $$$ if they want to play online. So you got that statement backwards.

And to answer the original question of this thread which you faild to do. Wii and PS3 is by far a better choice.

Pick any 2 out of the 3 console and obviosuly they'd have the edge over just one.

lol "faild". and the statement I made is 100% fact, go through this thread, the only people crying about the fee are cows, they've been crying for seven years, how long have your tears persisted dude?

They are crying because they see the pain of their fellow human beings forced to endure such a garbage console.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#175 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

EzcapeTheFate

People hate a winner. They see someone or something thats doing well and has success people get angry and want to see it fail. Sad but its just the way it is.

People hate a winner when its no a Sony console. Too much blind brand love/hate in this place!

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 themajormayor
Well one thing that unites all console gamers is that we get much more laid than hermits.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

4 pages in and not one legitimate counter-argument, impressive.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 themajormayor
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] lol "faild". and the statement I made is 100% fact, go through this thread, the only people crying about the fee are cows, they've been crying for seven years, how long have your tears persisted dude?

They are crying because they see the pain of their fellow human beings forced to endure such a garbage console.

that's an interesting twist mayor, unfortunately it doesn't cut it. P1ss poor online, no headset included, can't even send voice messages on psn yet, you cows have been asking Sony for years for that stuff and they haven't delivered. your post fails for the simple reason I can prove cows have cried for features xbl has as standard and psn has failed to provide.

I NEVER ASKED SONY FOR ANYTHING. THEY'RE PERFECT AS THEY ARE.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

*Snooze.* Oh, this thread again.

Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

clone01

Well it appears a certain fanboy faction appears bored with their system, so they have to go into PSA mode and preach to us about what we should or should not be purchasing....

Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="clone01"]

sts106mat

don't worry dude, Sony man will be here in a moment to spread some wisdom.

when I see eltormo quotes I now picture him in a blue lycra suit with a red cape and a bug f%ck off "S" for sony on his chest. whenever he sees anything bad about Sony, he is there in a flash armed with decade old posts and 50 line essays to defend them.

Or random forum posts that are only pertinent if they are Anti-MS....

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#184 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I showed before that 360 is actaully the most expensive system, it actually ended up costing more than a launch PS3. The 360 guys got very angry at me in that thread, that's because the truth hurts.

Launch 360-$400

WIFI add on-$100 (not nesseccary for XBL but so many poor suckers bought it)

XBL $50 for 5 years= $350. XBL after price increase to $60 = $120. That is a total of $570 just to play online with, you could have saved that money for other things if you had a PS3. You could have gotten more games.

Now that comes to a grand total of $1070. Also factor in due to RROD, you had no choice but to buy a Slim model, which if you want the good hard drive it's $300-$400.

That is about $1470. That is how much money 360 owners have spent.

If you had only a PS3 you wold have only spent $600 at launch, or only $300-$350 for the Slim. That's it. You would have gotten everything you needed for a far better price. The PS3 SAVES you money, the 360 just TAKES your money.

This post will make the lems angry, but it's the truth.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] console exclusive=exclusive to consoles themajormayor

The fact is, you can't play it on a PS3. So, you are essentially saying "I need a PS3 anda PC to compete with the 360".

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Gxgear
Counter-argument to what exactly? There was no argument.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

I showed before that 360 is actaully the most expensive system, it actually ended up costing more than a launch PS3. The 360 guys got very angry at me in that thread, that's because the truth hurts.

Launch 360-$400

WIFI add on-$100 (not nesseccary for XBL but so many poor suckers bought it)

XBL $50 for 5 years= $350. XBL after price increase to $60 = $120. That is a total of $570 just to play online with, you could have saved that money for other things if you had a PS3. You could have gotten more games.

Now that comes to a grand total of $1070. Also factor in due to RROD, you had no choice but to buy a Slim model, which if you want the good hard drive it's $300-$400.

That is about $1470. That is how much money 360 owners have spent.

If you had only a PS3 you wold have only spent $600 at launch, or only $300-$350 for the Slim. That's it. You would have gotten everything you needed for a far better price. The PS3 SAVES you money, the 360 just TAKES your money.

This post will make the lems angry, but it's the truth.

ShadowMoses900
You forgot the 50$ Monster HDMI cable and 1k 50" HDTV.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="delta3074"]wrong again mayor 'Console exclusivity refers to the status of a video game being released on only one video game console.' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_exclusivityStormyJoe

The fact is, you can't play it on a PS3. So, you are essentially saying "I need a PS3 anda PC to compete with the 360".

huh? where did I say that? I was essentially only challenging the use of the word. Nothing else.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#189 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Gxgear

What argument? That the 360 and 7 years of Live is more expensive than a PS3 and Wii?

Okay, that's true. Why should I care, again? :?

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

360 is a garbage rip-off system when you factor in Live Gold. It's too Online MP centric for me.

Otherwise, it's an OK system, TBH. The 360 Slim is a pretty solid well built machine.

Personally, I would not buy one just for a few games that actually interest me. I'm very well invested in my PS3-DSiXL-iPhone 4.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#192 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts
Lol lots of defensive lemmings in here. Quite sad that some people pay so much to play online when it's free everywhere else.
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#193 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

TC sucks, and wth is this?

If you count 7 years of XBL gold then you should count from the start when PS3 came out in 2007.

If we don't count buting multiple consoles due being dead like RROD / YLOD, errors...

PS3 = 599 US dollars (buhu :cool:)

Xbox 360 = US$399 + 7 years of gold = 350 (if you are an idiot and don't search decent for a deal, it's easy to find if you have a full year lol.)

So PS3 for +- 6 years 599 US dollars.

Xbox 360 for 7 years US$749. (again if you never ever had saw a deal before lol.)

So count in a Wii around US$250: PS3 + Wii = US$849.

So no TC.

And still a 360 is cheaper these day's then a ps3. Even if you use that logic then don't say 7 years of gold.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#194 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
All three for the win. Probably get a gaming PC soon.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#195 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
I dun like math...
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
[QUOTE="_Cadbury_"]Lol lots of defensive lemmings in here. Quite sad that some people pay so much to play online when it's free everywhere else.

Well..well..well... another shmo who doesn't pay for an ISP or phone service.. you guys are either good pimps (ie mommy and daddy) or you're pirates.. Either way how do I sign up.. Do you guys have like a secret handshake or something. :|
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
[QUOTE="_Cadbury_"]Lol lots of defensive lemmings in here. Quite sad that some people pay so much to play online when it's free everywhere else.

Well..well..well... another shmo who doesn't pay for an ISP or phone service.. you guys are either good pimps (ie mommy and daddy) or you're pirates.. Either way how do I sign up.. Do you guys have like a secret handshake or something. :|
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#198 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
A Ferrari is = to a Honda accord + a buttload of gasoline. More important, everyone has the right to assess value individually.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

The_Game21x

What argument? That the 360 and 7 years of Live is more expensive than a PS3 and Wii?

Okay, that's true. Why should I care, again? :?

I guess you don't, being in SW and in this very thread.

:)

Avatar image for deactivated-608a2eb908da4
deactivated-608a2eb908da4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 deactivated-608a2eb908da4
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts

On the surface, 50/year, or 350/7 years seems like a lot of money. (who out there honestly thinks in increments of 7 years when buying something, unless maybe its a home mortgage??). But it really isn't.

7 years = 2,556 days (one extra day added for a leap year).

$350/2,556 days = 13 cents a day.

13 cents a day, for the ability to be able to chat with my friends even when they are not in the same game, all the demos and the really good selection of arcade/indie games. Yeah, I can deal with that. It wouldn't be worth it if you don't have any friends on XBL, but with friends the cost is more than justified.

There's people out there who pay $60 a year, (which would be $420 over 7 years), for the newest Madden or Call of duty rehash. I'd say that's far dumber than paying for live.