PS3 + Wii = 360 + 7 years XBL gold

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42881 posts) -
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] Well PS3 has no games, so thats hardly fair ....

Wonderbook, and Karting. You know you want them.
#102 Posted by sts106mat (19846 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]That's a lot. I'm scared to see how much I've spent on my large library of games. 0.0Stevo_the_gamer
with one online retailer, just on games alone in about 3 years i have spent over £1000.00 i was stunned.

Sounds probably similar to my spending in the past three years, ignoring hardware purchases which alone would shoot it to twice that. Gaming is quite the expensive hobby... something my fiance readily continues to point out. Oh well.

i am lucky in that i get bored of games quickly and do not keep a big collection, sell em and buy another one new, thats how i do it. the 1K i have spent wont have come directly out of my pocket, but from sales of other games.
#105 Posted by wolverine4262 (19322 posts) -
So you are saying, if I just get a Wii in addition to my PS3, Ill then be able to play Halo?
#106 Posted by sts106mat (19846 posts) -
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] You're right I forgot about that! As tormentos rightfully points out we need to add wonderbook on to the milkage price of the PS3! Good call Eltormo! ;)

Wonder book is a game just like Halo dude now you will count games to..lol Please don't go there or should i add Halo ODST expansion for $60 dollars.?

ok do it, while you are at it, add the paid for demo of Gran Turismo 5, the several versions of the god of war collections, youll end up paying more for the ps3 games, whilst having way less games because there are so many collections / re-issues & duplicates.
#107 Posted by OhSnapitz (18411 posts) -

Quote me saying you can access netflix for free,netflix charge you for streaming movies... Netflix on PS3. You pay ISP and nteflix. Netflix on PC. You pay ISP and netflix. Netflix on phones and tablets. You pay Cell phone companies and netflix. Netflix on xbox 360.........:lol: You pay ISP,you pay netflix and you have to pay for live gold.....If you are not a gold member you can't use netflix...even if you have netflix and internet...:lol: Nice spin dude....tormentos

You need it for basically anything interesting online,even demos are delay to silver users,something that wasn't like that when the 360 first started,it was latter change to make XBL look like a better value. The fact that MS hike the priced based on facebook,twitter and other stupid apps free to every one on this world proves how silly and crappy XBL is,even on my damn phone i get those apps free of charge.tormentos

:cool:

#108 Posted by delta3074 (18279 posts) -
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] You're right I forgot about that! As tormentos rightfully points out we need to add wonderbook on to the milkage price of the PS3! Good call Eltormo! ;)

Wonder book is a game just like Halo dude now you will count games to..lol Please don't go there or should i add Halo ODST expansion for $60 dollars.?

does that mean he can throw in GT5 Demo, sorry i meant GT5 prologue,lol
#109 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -
So you are saying, if I just get a Wii in addition to my PS3, Ill then be able to play Halo?wolverine4262
Haze + Conduit isn't enough? ._.
#110 Posted by sts106mat (19846 posts) -

[QUOTE="tormentos"]Quote me saying you can access netflix for free,netflix charge you for streaming movies... Netflix on PS3. You pay ISP and nteflix. Netflix on PC. You pay ISP and netflix. Netflix on phones and tablets. You pay Cell phone companies and netflix. Netflix on xbox 360.........:lol: You pay ISP,you pay netflix and you have to pay for live gold.....If you are not a gold member you can't use netflix...even if you have netflix and internet...:lol: Nice spin dude....OhSnapitz

You need it for basically anything interesting online,even demos are delay to silver users,something that wasn't like that when the 360 first started,it was latter change to make XBL look like a better value. The fact that MS hike the priced based on facebook,twitter and other stupid apps free to every one on this world proves how silly and crappy XBL is,even on my damn phone i get those apps free of charge.tormentos

goodbye eltormo
#111 Posted by wolverine4262 (19322 posts) -
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]So you are saying, if I just get a Wii in addition to my PS3, Ill then be able to play Halo?danish-death

maybe if I play both at once and straddle my Halo 3 helmet.
#112 Posted by SecretPolice (22054 posts) -

[QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="wolverine4262"]So you are saying, if I just get a Wii in addition to my PS3, Ill then be able to play Halo?wolverine4262

maybe if I play both at once and straddle my Halo 3 helmet.

Me thinks that may cause the first real butthurt in SW. :twisted:

#113 Posted by tormentos (18109 posts) -
i have only had live about 2 years now ,i bought a 360 with a HDD, wi-fi is not nessecary for me and i didn't have to fork out for a HDMI cable so 280 quid for my 360, 80 quid for live for 2 years=360 quid, Ps3 at launch=425 quid so by choosing a 360 over the Ps3 i saved myself 65 quid, you see it's not as cut and dry as SONY idiot fanboys would have you think, it's all down to personal preference and with XBL only having 30 million active online users that means at least half of 360 owners don't play online and apppear to be quite happy about it, you see in the real world people are different and there is no one formula that applys to everyone, bottom line is that the Xbox 360 is the cheapest 'out of the box' game console for people who choose not to play online,if you choose to play online it may be more expensive in the long run but thats a skewed way of looking at things because the cost is spread over time.delta3074
Dude you know how much 80 pounds are in dollars.? $128 officially you pay more for live than we do,2 years of XBL are $120 in US,which at the current exchange rate are 74 quids.. Also you are using just 2 years of XBL.? Are you sure because i think i can remember arguments of you about how much better was XBL vs PSN which are older than 2 years. Actually there is a difference between been happy not been able to access online gaming,and plain old refuse to pay for something that should be free,the majority of the xbox community did not pay for XBL,the majority of the 360 fans still refuse to do it,i love online gaming i just like paying for something that should be free.
#114 Posted by brennanhuff (990 posts) -

Indeed PS3 owners paid $600 at launch. 360 owners who have played online since the 360's launch have paid over $700 and that number will keep going up every single year.FlamesOfGrey

So Xbox Live is now $100 a year? What is wrong with you?

#115 Posted by sts106mat (19846 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"]i have only had live about 2 years now ,i bought a 360 with a HDD, wi-fi is not nessecary for me and i didn't have to fork out for a HDMI cable so 280 quid for my 360, 80 quid for live for 2 years=360 quid, Ps3 at launch=425 quid so by choosing a 360 over the Ps3 i saved myself 65 quid, you see it's not as cut and dry as SONY idiot fanboys would have you think, it's all down to personal preference and with XBL only having 30 million active online users that means at least half of 360 owners don't play online and apppear to be quite happy about it, you see in the real world people are different and there is no one formula that applys to everyone, bottom line is that the Xbox 360 is the cheapest 'out of the box' game console for people who choose not to play online,if you choose to play online it may be more expensive in the long run but thats a skewed way of looking at things because the cost is spread over time.tormentos
Dude you know how much 80 pounds are in dollars.? $128 officially you pay more for live than we do,2 years of XBL are $120 in US,which at the current exchange rate are 74 quids.. Also you are using just 2 years of XBL.? Are you sure because i think i can remember arguments of you about how much better was XBL vs PSN which are older than 2 years. Actually there is a difference between been happy not been able to access online gaming,and plain old refuse to pay for something that should be free,the majority of the xbox community did not pay for XBL,the majority of the 360 fans still refuse to do it,i love online gaming i just like paying for something that should be free.

wages are relative though, the cost of living etc. to fill up my car costs about £60 and its a small tank and that lasts 10 days at best. the cost of XBL is miniscule, which is why we find it fascinating how obsessed you cows get with it.
#116 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]Indeed PS3 owners paid $600 at launch. 360 owners who have played online since the 360's launch have paid over $700 and that number will keep going up every single year.brennanhuff

So Xbox Live is now $100 a year? What is wrong with you?

I think he's saying launch 360 price = $400 + 6 years of Live at $50 a year = $300 so the total will be $700.

#117 Posted by SecretPolice (22054 posts) -

surprised.gif

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-03-resident-evil-6-day-one-patch-breaks-psn-copies

#118 Posted by sts106mat (19846 posts) -

surprised.gif

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-03-resident-evil-6-day-one-patch-breaks-psn-copies

SecretPolice
lol, spin this one motherf00kers
#119 Posted by DaBrainz (7662 posts) -
pc + wii = BEST COMBO
#120 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

Quite frankly, I know I've spent more on my 360 than my PS3 over the years, excluding the price of games because I prefer gaming on the 360 far more than I do the PS3 and I don't feel ripped off in the slightest. Of course, I've probably spent somewhere near $1500 on my gaming rig and accessories for that and I don't mind that either because so far, it's been a worthwhile investment.

I think PS3 fans need to come to terms with the concept of value being relative.

#121 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42881 posts) -
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

surprised.gif

sts106mat
lol, spin this one motherf00kers

Lazy devs.
#122 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

surprised.gif

SecretPolice

Wow, those lucky RE6 players, Capcom manage to stop them from playing that pile of sh!t. Guess they still care about customers. Thank you Capcom, thank you Sony :)

#123 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6665 posts) -

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]The 360 is officially the worst AND most expensive console PAL360

Worst is subjective, but 360 is also officially the console with the most games. You know, what actually matters when you get a gaming console.

BUt the PS3 has the best games, which is the most important part for any gamer. 360 clearly loses here and PS3 wins.
#124 Posted by tormentos (18109 posts) -

[QUOTE="tormentos"]Quote me saying you can access netflix for free,netflix charge you for streaming movies... Netflix on PS3. You pay ISP and nteflix. Netflix on PC. You pay ISP and netflix. Netflix on phones and tablets. You pay Cell phone companies and netflix. Netflix on xbox 360.........:lol: You pay ISP,you pay netflix and you have to pay for live gold.....If you are not a gold member you can't use netflix...even if you have netflix and internet...:lol: Nice spin dude....OhSnapitz

You are a tool... Get the apps for free....,is not the first time you and several other try to spin this.

Netlfix is free to use on all consoles but on xbox 360,and you know what i mean you can spin it all you want,if you don't pay for xbox live you don't get netflix even if you own a netflix account that doesn't happen on PS3,PC,tablets or cell phones..

219qqtf.png

But let me destroy your pathetic spinning once and for all.

#125 Posted by tormentos (18109 posts) -

goodbye eltormosts106mat

Read my reply and share hes ownage...

#126 Posted by sts106mat (19846 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]goodbye eltormotormentos

Read my reply and share hes ownage...

no ownage here, the app is free on xbox live.
#127 Posted by tormentos (18109 posts) -

does that mean he can throw in GT5 Demo, sorry i meant GT5 prologue,loldelta3074

You mean the one that was $39.99 had 16 players online and 76 cars with 6 tracks 12 different layouts.?

If that is the one you talk it wasn't full price and it was far from a demo,that in most cases feature 1 or 2 cars,not 76..lol

#128 Posted by delta3074 (18279 posts) -
[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]The 360 is officially the worst AND most expensive console Mozelleple112

Worst is subjective, but 360 is also officially the console with the most games. You know, what actually matters when you get a gaming console.

BUt the PS3 has the best games, which is the most important part for any gamer. 360 clearly loses here and PS3 wins.

Nope thats wrong,the Ps3 has more high scoring exclusives granted but the 360 has more high scoring games overall.
#129 Posted by tormentos (18109 posts) -

no ownage here, the app is free on xbox live.sts106mat

Yes it is and you can't use it even if you have a working netflix account,that is the point you can't use it.

On PS3 all i need is to have a netflix account and online access,on xbox 360 you need online access,a netflix account and xbox live which is $60 dollars,that is call hiding the app over a pay scheme..

#130 Posted by tormentos (18109 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

delta3074

Nope thats wrong,the Ps3 has more high scoring exclusives granted but the 360 has more high scoring games overall.

Counting old ass games that no one wants to play any more,and the were release while the PS3 wasn't here or shortly after the PS3 launch...

#131 Posted by TheEroica (13531 posts) -
[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]The 360 is officially the worst AND most expensive console Mozelleple112

Also subjective... and skewed by fictitious rules implemented by the feral dogs of system wars... xbox has dozens of high quality ganes that are NOT available on ps3, witcher 2 comes to mind as well as an insanely good selection of download arcade games. Ps3 having a "better lineup" is purely subjective and skewed.
#132 Posted by delta3074 (18279 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Mozelleple112"] BUt the PS3 has the best games, which is the most important part for any gamer. 360 clearly loses here and PS3 wins.tormentos

Counting old ass games that no one wants to play any more,and the were release while the PS3 wasn't here or shortly after the PS3 launch...

purely subjective opinion on your part, it's a fact that the 360 has more high scoring games rgeardless of whether they are old games or not, you can't beat a fact with an opinion dude, go away,lol
#133 Posted by tormentos (18109 posts) -

Also subjective... and skewed by fictitious rules implemented by the feral dogs of system wars... xbox has dozens of high quality ganes that are NOT available on ps3, witcher 2 comes to mind as well as an insanely good selection of download arcade games. Ps3 having a "better lineup" is purely subjective and skewed. TheEroica

The witcher 2 is on PC is a multi platform game..lol

#134 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"]Nope thats wrong,the Ps3 has more high scoring exclusives granted but the 360 has more high scoring games overall.tormentos

Excuses Everywhere

The 360 has more high scoring games than the PS3. The sooner you accept that fact, the better. :)

#135 Posted by TheEroica (13531 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] Also subjective... and skewed by fictitious rules implemented by the feral dogs of system wars... xbox has dozens of high quality ganes that are NOT available on ps3, witcher 2 comes to mind as well as an insanely good selection of download arcade games. Ps3 having a "better lineup" is purely subjective and skewed. tormentos

Thank you genius... thats my point. Its NOT on ps3. The overlooking of console exclusives on xbox is a system wars rule. The real world could care less.
#136 Posted by themajormayor (25791 posts) -
[QUOTE="tormentos"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] Also subjective... and skewed by fictitious rules implemented by the feral dogs of system wars... xbox has dozens of high quality ganes that are NOT available on ps3, witcher 2 comes to mind as well as an insanely good selection of download arcade games. Ps3 having a "better lineup" is purely subjective and skewed. TheEroica

Thank you genius... thats my point. Its NOT on ps3. The overlooking of console exclusives on xbox is a system wars rule. The real world could care less.

It's not console exclusive
#137 Posted by parkurtommo (27047 posts) -
Video games man... if people aint complaining then who cares? TheEroica
If people aint complainin the companies won't change their business practices.
#138 Posted by tormentos (18109 posts) -

The 360 has more high scoring games than the PS3. The sooner you accept that fact, the better. :)

The_Game21x

Na... You people should stop counting PDZ and a ton of games that no one want to play any more..

The PS3 this year alone has 5 games that will be on PS3 and not on PC,360 or wii...

#139 Posted by tormentos (18109 posts) -

Thank you genius... thats my point. Its NOT on ps3. The overlooking of console exclusives on xbox is a system wars rule. The real world could care less. TheEroica

Is not exclusive and i have a PC...

#140 Posted by TheEroica (13531 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="tormentos"]

themajormayor

It is available on xbox360 and not available on ps3... how dense can u cows possibly be.?
#141 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

tormentos

Na... You people should stop counting PDZ and a ton of games that no one want to play any more..

The PS3 this year alone has 5 games that will be on PS3 and not on PC,360 or wii...

Yeah, let's stop counting games that are still on store shelves and still available to purchase on the Xbox 360 just so a few PS3 fanboys can win some forum arguments. :lol:

You guys and your hilarious rationales.

#142 Posted by tormentos (18109 posts) -

Yeah, let's stop counting games that are still on store shelves and still available to purchase on the Xbox 360 just so a few PS3 fanboys can win some forum arguments. :lol:

The_Game21x

2 are out already,while xbox 360 fans still count halo and forza already without been here..That is more than i can say for PS3 fans,wait but there is more you people count also multiplatform games..lol

#143 Posted by tormentos (18109 posts) -

It is available on xbox360 and not available on ps3... how dense can u cows possibly be.?TheEroica

Available in other platform as well cheaper and in a mightly supreme form.

#144 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

tormentos

2 are out already,while xbox 360 fans still count halo and forza already without been here..That is more than i can say for PS3 fans,wait but there is more you people count also multiplatform games..lol

Which is hilarious because PS3 fanboys constantly try to assert that the 360 has "no games" even though in the real world, it has more games than the PS3 and then they come up with all kinds of reasons for why those games don't count. "They're too old!" "Still nothing as highly rated as Uncharted 2 or MGS 4!" "You have to pay for Xbox Live!" and my favorite of all... "Well, I can get the better version on the PC anyway!" Gotta love that. The instant you bring up a game like Minecraft or The Witcher 2 as a benefit for the 360 over the PS3 (and most people don't try to present them as exclusives, even though the notion of console exclusivity exists in the real world and not here), the only rebuttal PS3 fanboys have is to bring another platform into the discussion to save the PS3.

Really makes you think, doesn't it?

The 360 has a larger library of quality games than the PS3. This is a fact. No amount of opinionated rebuttals or bringing in the PC to defend the PS3 can change that, as much as you'd like them to.

#145 Posted by TheEroica (13531 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] It is available on xbox360 and not available on ps3... how dense can u cows possibly be.?tormentos

Available in other platform as well cheaper and in a mightly supreme form.

Its not available on ps3.... its still not available on ps3 and its not available on ps3... oh wait its not available on ps3... so in closing the ps3 having a better library is subjective as the competition has amazing games that the ps3 does not. You can give me meta game responses all you want but in reality a person with a 360 has amazinh choices that the ps3 does not offer. The end.
#146 Posted by tormentos (18109 posts) -

Which is hilarious because PS3 fanboys constantly try to assert that the 360 has "no games" even though in the real world, it has more games than the PS3 and then they come up with all kinds of reasons for why those games don't count. "They're too old!" "Still nothing as highly rated as Uncharted 2 or MGS 4!" "You have to pay for Xbox Live!" and my favorite of all... "Well, I can get the better version on the PC anyway!" Gotta love that. The instant you bring up a game like Minecraft or The Witcher 2 as a benefit for the 360 over the PS3 (and most people don't try to present them as exclusives, even though the notion of console exclusivity exists in the real world and not here), the only rebuttal PS3 fanboys have is to bring another platform into the discussion to save the PS3.

The 360 has a larger library of quality games than the PS3. This is a fact. No amount of opinionated rebuttals or bringing in the PC to defend the PS3 can change that, as much as you'd like them to.

The_Game21x

Yes it has more games to bad a ton are old ones no one care about,since 2009 the PS3 has been on a roll with games,and while you get the same halo,forza and gears,we get new series.

#147 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Thank you genius... thats my point. Its NOT on ps3. The overlooking of console exclusives on xbox is a system wars rule. The real world could care less.

It is available on xbox360 and not available on ps3... how dense can u cows possibly be.?

You do realize that every PS3 owner is also the owner of a high end gaming PC, right? This was established a couple of years ago. lol :P
#149 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

This. They gotta hide behind the PC :lol:.
#150 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I bought one year of Gold for $40 CAD recently. I used my 360 with a Silver account for five years. My most enjoyed console this gen? 360. And it isn't even close. Don't see the problem with paying for something when I feel it is worth it (despite despising the idea of paying for online).