hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#252 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

What if this game has more glitches than pokemons? Can you at least evolve them to hight level glitches😊

Loading Video...
jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#253  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

Pokemon deserves better fans than Carrot Donkey posting in this thread.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#254 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

Wow, this amazing for speedrunners.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 hardwenzen

Nintendo is a disgrace to the gaming industry. Movie games>this unpolished garbage.

Loading Video...
jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 jaydan

@hardwenzen: Let's be honest, it's a GameFreak problem. By far the laziest team working under the Nintendo umbrella.

It just fascinates how Nintendo fans skipped over an actually good Switch release that was Mario + Rabbids 2, for this.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Mesome713

I hope GameFreak doesn’t patch all these glitches, these are classics. Gamers are having so much fun with them, and it’s great for advertising the game.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 jaydan

There are bigger and better looking open world games on the Switch that run 100 times better than the latest Pokemon. There is literally no excuse for why it should be in this state.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:

@hardwenzen: Let's be honest, it's a GameFreak problem. By far the laziest team working under the Nintendo umbrella.

It just fascinates how Nintendo fans skipped over an actually good Switch release that was Mario + Rabbids 2, for this.

Is it, tho? Its like, one person says its Lazy Freak problem, the next says its Nintendo's problem because they don't give them enough time to develop games. So wtf is going? Here's the truth, as i see it. If they cared about quality (be it nintento or lazy freak), they wouldn't even be thinking of releasing a pokemon game every year, let alone two entries in one year. Each game should take a minimum of two years to develop, and if they're going for open world for all their upcoming titles, three years is most likely what's needed. Secondly, why the f*ck do they not expand by a shitton? I am talking about creating a massive 2k employee dev team(s) to be in charge of their games. Its not like they can't do it, and if they want to pump them as often as possible, this is the only way to do so. For fun, i actually googled the amount of dev they currently have. Do you know how many work for the biggest franchise in history? 169. What in the flying **** did i just google?????????

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 hardwenzen

Real annoying how this broken mess has completely overshadowed a masterpiece known to the human race as God Of War Ragnarok. As proven in The Boys, memes are simply too strong.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 jaydan

@hardwenzen: I think it's mostly a GameFreak problem. If this game was actually developed in-house by Nintendo, they'd just delay it "until it's ready" like they do with all their other tentpole franchises.

It's not so much the Switch hardware, because there's more demanding open world games on the Switch that run much better than this.

Is it Miyamoto's fault? I don't think he even touches the Pokemon franchise to begin with.

So yes, it's definitely a situation with LazyFreak and the greater Pokemon Company. If the excuse to not delay this game is because it needs to coincide with the anime, card game and what have you: it is very much a Pokemon Company problem.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:

@hardwenzen: I think it's mostly a GameFreak problem. If this game was actually developed in-house by Nintendo, they'd just delay it "until it's ready" like they do with all their other tentpole franchises.

It's not so much the Switch hardware, because there's more demanding open world games on the Switch that run much better than this.

Is it Miyamoto's fault? I don't think he even touches the Pokemon franchise to begin with.

So yes, it's definitely a situation with LazyFreak and the greater Pokemon Company. If the excuse to not delay this game is because it needs to coincide with the anime, card game and what have you: it is very much a Pokemon Company problem.

You can't be certain about that. Their other franchises don't have a bunch of merch and anime synced to be released together.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Mesome713

This game is easily the best coop game to be released in a while. Pokémon really has come a long way. Can’t wait to see what they think of next.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 jaydan

@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:

You can't be certain about that. Their other franchises don't have a bunch of merch and anime synced to be released together.

And that's why I'm saying it's a Pokemon Company problem. Nintendo doesn't own the Pokemon Company. The franchise is too big and bloated for its own good, and if the franchise's biggest enemy is itself, that's how we get games like the most recent entries.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:

And that's why I'm saying it's a Pokemon Company problem. Nintendo doesn't own the Pokemon Company. The franchise is too big and bloated for its own good, and if the franchise's biggest enemy is itself, that's how we get games like the most recent entries.

BUT Nintendo has a lot of say. If both companies cared about releasing quality, they wouldn't be shitting these titles like madden/nba/fifa, but that's simply not the case. They only cared about quality back when quality was needed to put them on the map. Now that the franchise is huge, you close your eyes on quality polished content and release garbage knowing damn well that no matter how bad it is, tens of millions will buy it. You know what's really sad? That they have zero competition, and won't have any in the upcoming decades. When you have no competition... well, we have the 2006 Sony as a good example.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By jaydan

@hardwenzen: Nintendo may have a lot to say, but they don't have the primary control of the franchise. Nintendo has partial stakes in the franchise, shared among three companies. Nintendo's stake is really to house the games on their platforms, and not much else.

The Pokemon Company can otherwise do whatever it wants with the IP, and the other two companies will follow suit.

You gotta look at the patterns: Nintendo delays their own in-house games if they're not up to their standards. They've done it for Zelda, Mario, Animal Crossing, Metroid, and any of their major franchises. Pokemon does not get that kind of love because Nintendo simply does not have that kind of control.

The issues with the Pokemon IP have been going on long before these new entries. Practically every gen there's baffling disappointments in some capacity - whether it's the failure to actually evolve the series, taking one step forward and three steps backwards, or very rough cuts like the new ones - Pokemon has always been the rougher IP under the Nintendo umbrella. It also happens to be the one Nintendo has to share among two other companies.

If anything, it shows partial ownership among three companies simply does not work.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Mesome713

• Physical Units 2nd Biggest Pokémon launch of all time (with digital probably #1)

• 36% Bigger than Sword / Shield, 70% Bigger than Diamond/ Pearl Remakes, 56% Bigger than Arceus

Holycrap! Dem haters not gone like this.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By hardwenzen
@jaydan said:

@hardwenzen: Nintendo may have a lot to say, but they don't have the primary control of the franchise. Nintendo has partial stakes in the franchise, shared among three companies. Nintendo's stake is really to house the games on their platforms, and not much else.

The Pokemon Company can otherwise do whatever it wants with the IP, and the other two companies will follow suit.

You gotta look at the patterns: Nintendo delays their own in-house games if they're not up to their standards. They've done it for Zelda, Mario, Animal Crossing, Metroid, and any of their major franchises. Pokemon does not get that kind of love because Nintendo simply does not have that kind of control.

The issues with the Pokemon IP have been going on long before these new entries. Practically every gen there's baffling disappointments in some capacity - whether it's the failure to actually evolve the series, taking one step forward and three steps backwards, or very rough cuts like the new ones - Pokemon has always been the rougher IP under the Nintendo umbrella. It also happens to be the one Nintendo has to share among two other companies.

If anything, it shows partial ownership among three companies simply does not work.

Nintendo delays to polish because they're worried about their big titles losing the hype, which will follow by less copies sold and inevitably less systems sold. This doesn't apply to Pokemon, tho. As we've seen for over a decade, no matter the state of the game, its still selling a ton and doesn't destroy the franchise's reputation. If they know this, why would they delay anything? This franchise doesn't need the Nintendo stamp of approval because it does better than fine without it.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 jaydan

@hardwenzen: And that's my point: it's less to do with Nintendo and everything to do with the Pokemon Company. Miyamoto does not even touch this franchise, or even any of the big Nintendo dev's. It's all on GameFreak, who is under the pressure of the Pokemon Company.

I'll add: it's also the fans. Pokemon fans suck, because they enable the franchise to keep being lazy.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16591 Posts

@jaydan: MINTendo owns 33% of Pokémon directly. The other 66% is shared between gamefreak and another company called creatures. The funny thing is, the second company is likely owned by Nintendo either fully or perhaps 51% stake. So basically mintendo owns 66% of the company but let’s gamefreak run the show. I mean people line up to buy the game regardless, so unless that changes Nintendo doesn’t care about the minor glitches and other issues. Game freak is printing money, that’s all that matters end of the day.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#271 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9430 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@jaydan: MINTendo owns 33% of Pokémon directly. The other 66% is shared between gamefreak and another company called creatures. The funny thing is, the second company is likely owned by Nintendo either fully or perhaps 51% stake. So basically mintendo owns 66% of the company but let’s gamefreak run the show. I mean people line up to buy the game regardless, so unless that changes Nintendo doesn’t care about the minor glitches and other issues. Game freak is printing money, that’s all that matters end of the day.

Nintendo owns 32% of The Pokemon Company.

It's hard to find info about how much Nintendo has invested in the other companies. In 2016 they apparently owned 10% of Creatures.

It's unlikely GameFreak is able request a delay due to the crazy amount of merch that also releases along side the games. Physical goods are much more bound to a release schedule than digital ones. I'm sure Nintendo doesn't like seeing a Pokemon game struggle to run on Switch, and I bet any other franchise would have had the game release rejected until it could be fixed. The merch must flow tho as it is worth way more than the games.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16591 Posts
@pyro1245 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Nintendo owns 32% of The Pokemon Company.

It's hard to find info about how much Nintendo has invested in the other companies. In 2016 they apparently owned 10% of Creatures.

It's unlikely GameFreak is able request a delay due to the crazy amount of merch that also releases along side the games. Physical goods are much more bound to a release schedule than digital ones. I'm sure Nintendo doesn't like seeing a Pokemon game struggle to run on Switch, and I bet any other franchise would have had the game release rejected until it could be fixed. The merch must flow tho as it is worth way more than the games.

nobody really knows how much of creatures nintendo owns, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are majority shareholders. Its a shell game.

your right, mintendo set a baseline of 1 pokemon game per year minimum, nothing else matters. Lets hope they actually patch this one up, for the sheeps sake.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#273 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Hope everyone is enjoying their time with the new pokeman. I grew out of this stuff in 2001 but i have a brother in law who buys every one of these games and just loves the franchise so much. In a way, I do kinda wish I could go back and enjoy it.