SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45270 Posts

Nintendo just keeps spitting these out lol. I hope next gen they do better.

Thoughts, SW? Will you be checking Pokemon Scarlet and Violet out?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts
Loading Video...

Ed Sheeran hates gamers but is fine with promoting a game.

lolwhut?

PS: don't click the video, unless you really like the sound of cats whining.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

:P

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8306 Posts

More people should check out TemTem

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jaydan  Online
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
Loading Video...

lolwhut?

So something unrelated to the game is why that's a negative?

El oh el, sounds about right with the state of gaming journalism these days.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k

@jaydan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
Loading Video...

lolwhut?

What negative? Are you referring to a Pokemon review I didn't write?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44318 Posts

Nice. Haven’t played a Pokemon game since Black and have been kind of itching to jump back in. May end up grabbing one of these.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56233 Posts

Super hard pass on this and this is coming from a PokeGamer who's been playing these games since the dawn of Red/Blue/Yellow. Pokemon Scarlet/Violet is barely of any improvement over Sword/Shield, this should have been on Nintendo's next-gen console in the first place. This is way too soon to start a new mainland Pokemon game IMO.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jaydan  Online
@R4gn4r0k said:
@jaydan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
Loading Video...

lolwhut?

Did I say you wrote a review? I am criticizing the GameSpot review for putting a negative in there that sounds unrelated to the actual game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@jaydan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@jaydan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
Loading Video...

lolwhut?

Did I say you wrote a review?

I just wrote facts, wondering why any of what I wrote should be perceived as negative or positive.

Why are you answering a question with more questions? Being confusing on purpose?

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
Loading Video...

lolwhut?

I swear there was a Pokemon commercial 10-15 years ago that used Paint It Black by Rolling Stones but I couldn't find it. Am I crazy?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jaydan  Online

@R4gn4r0k: I'm not even criticizing you, hold your horses bucko.

I edited this into my last post, but you responded quicker than I could update my post:

I am criticizing the GameSpot review for putting a negative in there that sounds unrelated to the actual game. And I must further add: my response to your post is because you shed some context in why that would be a negative in the first. I otherwise do not know who this music artist is or why this is a negative in the first place. Not Nickelback we're talking about here.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k

@jaydan said:

@R4gn4r0k: I'm not even criticizing you, hold your horses bucko.

I edited this into my last post, but you responded quicker than I could update my post:

I am criticizing the GameSpot review for putting a negative in there that sounds unrelated to the actual game. And I must further add: my response to your post is because you shed some context in why that would be a negative in the first. I otherwise do not know who this music artist is or why this is a negative in the first place. Not Nickelback we're talking about here.

No harm, no foul :)

It did strike me as odd too, same as you: A reviewer giving his own personal opinion about a pop song or pop artist.

So as quick as I was, I decided to check out if Ed Sheeran really wrote a new song for this game, which would really surprise me.

But it seems to be more of a tie-in song. A song that already existed but that has some sort of promo tie-in with this game.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jaydan  Online

@R4gn4r0k: All good.

I'm just criticizing the state of gaming reviewers and journalists, often basing things on their emotional baggage than objectivity these days.

I literally just heard about this music artist for the first time ever, so to see that listed as a negative left me with a big question mark. My initial thought this song in question must be terrible, like nails down a chalkboard.

I checked the song out, and while it's not my kind of music, it was inoffensive? I just did not understand, not until I read your post.

Imagine there's millions of people in this world who have also never heard of this music artist, and this serving as a criticism holds absolutely no weight whatsoever towards the game because the world doesn't just just orbit around one reviewer's emotional bias.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

@jaydan said:

I'm just criticizing the state of gaming reviewers and journalists, often basing things on their emotional baggage than objectivity these days.

I literally just heard about this music artist for the first time ever, so to see that listed as a negative left me with a big question mark. My initial thought this song in question must be terrible, like nails down a chalkboard.

I checked the song out, and while it's not my kind of music, it was inoffensive? I just did not understand, not until I read your post.

Imagine there's millions of people in this world who have also never heard of this music artist, and this serving as a criticism holds absolutely no weight whatsoever towards the game because the world doesn't just just orbit around one reviewer's emotional bias.

I think you're taking it too seriously. Just seems like a little joke thrown in.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

This is another one I'm going to put on my "wait until it's $30 or less" list.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

There was no reason why these shouldn’t have been the best games in the series by a mile. Better quality control needs to happen over at Gamefreak. They need a bigger team. They need years to focus on the next mainline entry in the series.

I’ll still buy and play Scarlet/Violet because I enjoy the series, but it’s a shame they suffer from so many performance issues considering the innovation of bringing Pokémon to open world.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39249 Posts

What the f*ck am i seeing here? HELLO??????

Do they try their hardest to make these games as easthetically ugly as they can? Like, its getting worse and worse with every entry. WTF???

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jaydan  Online

@templecow90999 said:
@jaydan said:

I think you're taking it too seriously. Just seems like a little joke thrown in.

Engaging in discussion should not have to equate to "taking it too seriously." If you got nothing substantial to add to the conversation, then kindly refrain from that post button and wait until you have something worthwhile to say, especially when you're not even in this discussion.

If it's a "little joke" that makes it even worse. This is gaming journalism, not stand-up comedy.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1168 Posts

When was the last time Pokémon had a battle tower? I can only think of Pokémon R/S/E. It's not like you can't just go to online and battle other players to test your team, but I can understand how having a battle tower would be more preferable as there's a lot less variables you'd need to deal with like you do with human players. Overall, the negatives really aren't negative to me, other than the glitches. But that's definitely something Nintendo will make sure is remedied within launch or shortly after.

Now if this is like Sword and Shield, which I loathed due to the unskippable scenes, then this will be a hard pass for me. I miss the days where you simply got your Pokémon and Pokedex and went on your merry way.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SargentD

I've been a fan since gen 1. I'm serious guys just play TemTem it's better.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

Do they try their hardest to make these games as easthetically ugly as they can? Like, its getting worse and worse with every entry. WTF???

I actually agree with you on this. I thought Sword and Shield looked ugly but Scarlet and Violet looks even worse. I know that they will still sell very well but come on those games looks like a cheap knock off phone games. Also this gif is from the game itself!

https://twitter.com/Starjeti/status/1592712852514959362

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen  Online

@AcidTango said:
@hardwenzen said:

I actually agree with you on this. I thought Sword and Shield looked ugly but Scarlet and Violet looks even worse. I know that they will still sell very well but come on those games looks like a cheap knock off phone games. Also this gif is from the game itself!

https://twitter.com/Starjeti/status/1592712852514959362

HOLY CRAP dat gif🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Isn't it laughable? This franchise prints as much cash as humanly possible, and game after game, NOTHING improves. What a f up developer or whoever is in charge (Nintendo?) of releasing these games as they are.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen  Online
8/10 BTW😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
8/10 BTW😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#25 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16019 Posts

I'm not impressed by the graphics, but I'll probably have some fun with this game. I have it pre-ordered.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen  Online

What does my boy @techhog89 thinks of this? Show yourself.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7222 Posts

Pretty surprised how amazing this team makes games in one year. GameFreak is like superheroes out her working on games. Every year just busting out great games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@mesome713 said:

Pretty surprised how amazing this team makes games in one year. GameFreak is like superheroes out her working on games. Every year just busting out great games.

Your first party has created the fugliest art style seen in a video game. Be proud.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

That does not look good..lol

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: O man, I didn’t know it was ugly, no one will buy it now. Oops, graphics are gimmicks.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen  Online

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: O man, I didn’t know it was ugly, no one will buy it now. Oops, graphics are gimmicks.

Cancer sticks are being bought by metric tons and smoked all over the globe. Must be a healthy thing to do, cuz you know, it sells by billions🤡

This is how dumb you sound when you try to damage control a fugly game with sales numbers.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mesome713

@hardwenzen: Man, 8/10, if the graphical gimmicks weren’t so ugly maybe it could have scored a 9/10 like GoW. 🤡

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SargentD

@hardwenzen said:
@mesome713 said:

Cancer sticks are being bought by metric tons and smoked all over the globe. Must be a healthy thing to do, cuz you know, it sells by billions🤡

This is how dumb you sound when you try to damage control a fugly game with sales numbers.

As ugly as game freaks pokemon games are.

These games have x100 the replayability compared to Sony 1st party.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11162 Posts

Watching a Switch game attempt open worlds is like watching an old black and white TV with a coat hanger for an antenna at this point

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mesome713

@BenjaminBanklin: We’re still finding secrets in Breath of the Wild. Waiting for the other open world games to catch up with greatness.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3482 Posts

It's utterly disgraceful how shit the graphics are. How can anyone defend the graphics in this game

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

@davillain said:

Super hard pass on this and this is coming from a PokeGamer who's been playing these games since the dawn of Red/Blue/Yellow. Pokemon Scarlet/Violet is barely of any improvement over Sword/Shield, this should have been on Nintendo's next-gen console in the first place. This is way too soon to start a new mainland Pokemon game IMO.

Are you into competitive? Because there's a bunch of Pokemon that got buffs and some got nerfs. The biggest nerf is recovery moves got their PP cut in half, this alone is huge and should make the game more enjoyable, since stall is quite very annoying. I've looked the the leak Pokedex and there's some dope looking Pokemon.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

This is basically how every game next year would have ended up if they weren't delayed delayed due to the pandemic. It's sad, because most people like the game but the performance is game breaking. But delaying it would have potentially cost billions so...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen  Online

@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mesome713 said:

What replayability? Explain to me what you're replaying in this game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen  Online

@techhog89 said:

This is basically how every game next year would have ended up if they weren't delayed delayed due to the pandemic. It's sad, because most people like the game but the performance is game breaking. But delaying it would have potentially cost billions so...

Wut?

timemasheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 timemasheen
Member since 2015 • 487 Posts

I remember blue and red coming out while I was in elementary school and sitting in a tree and playing all afternoon. Those were the days.

Life just isn't the same.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mesome713

@timemasheen: Just imagine the elementary kids jamming to Pokémon on the Switch.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mesome713 said:

Competitive battling is quite deep and this is what gives Pokemon it's replay value. Building a team is quite fun and then shredding online with the team.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen  Online

@mesome713 said:

@timemasheen: Just imagine the elementary kids jamming to Pokémon on the Switch.

And they're the only ones that will be fine with this game because they simply don't know nor understand any better. This is whom Nintendo is farming.🤷‍♂️

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen  Online

@p3anut said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mesome713 said:

Competitive battling is quite deep and this is what gives Pokemon it's replay value. Building a team is quite fun and then shredding online with the team.

Are you still in 2005?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11162 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: We’re still finding secrets in Breath of the Wild. Waiting for the other open world games to catch up with greatness.

Breath of the Wild is great. Nintendo games just need better hardware, straight up

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Techhog89

@hardwenzen said:
@techhog89 said:

Wut?

Delaying the game by a year would mean delaying the anime and all merchandise by a year too. That's why these games are never delayed, even in a case like this where 6 months would have improved WOM enough to substantially increase sales.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@techhog89 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@techhog89 said:

Wut?

Delaying the game by a year would mean delaying the anime and all merchandise by a year too. That's why these games are never delayed, even in a case like this where 6 months would have improved WOM enough to substantially increase sales.

And even if they do, i don't see why it would be an issue releasing the merchandice with the anime, and then follow later with the game. If people are interested, its not like they won't be consuming more pokemon shit.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mesome713

@hardwenzen: Cause 35 million Pokémon fans want to play the game now. And next year they want to play the next one. They don’t care about silly graphical gimmicks, 8/10 Is good for them, they don’t care about 9/10 wait 5 years to play one game.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Techhog89

@hardwenzen said:
@techhog89 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@techhog89 said:

Wut?

And even if they do, i don't see why it would be an issue releasing the merchandice with the anime, and then follow later with the game. If people are interested, its not like they won't be consuming more pokemon shit.

Because they would spoil the entire game before release. It also screws up a lot of other things, such as their competitive series.