Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11274 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: stop exaggerating, the game looks fine, and the bugs are minor. Fantastic job by Nintendo and game freak. Another 10 million seller.

Sure man, who doesn't want to reboot a game 200 times per session so you can stop falling through the floor? I expect this take from a man who'd literally let Phil Spencer beat him with chains for sport. Have some more!

Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39895 Posts

Please please please make a video out of this meme ass game, Crowbcat. Its your dudty to expose garbage video games.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#153 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9442 Posts

I played Violet for 4-5 hours and... oof! The game is rough!

The fact that this franchise gets as much slack as it does is a testament to the Pokémon formula. It's unfortunate that GameFreak fails to execute time and time again. They are a constant disappointment.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 hardwenzen
Loading Video...

I just can't stop watching these. Nintendo delivered above and beyond my expectations.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8480 Posts

With so many glitches, I'll laugh if MissingNo is not in the game. Irony.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 hardwenzen

Damn this game is getting roasted. Bunch of channels made for the average joe is also exposing the game. This must be a shitshow for Nintendo's PR. This game is more broken and fugly than CP2077 or BF2042.

Thanks to that Nintendo stamp of approval, they made the most broken game of this generation.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#157 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17924 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@hardwenzen said:

I am honestly speechless right now. I deserve to hear @BassMan opinion on the current situation.

That looks worse than Wii level graphics. The water in Twilight Princess looks better than that.

Its literally the worst looking title to come out in about a decade. Not only technically, but it uses the fugliest art direction i have seen in a very very long time. Good luck to every developer trying to surpass this fugly ass video game.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24000 Posts

I was gifted the game by a friend, and overall my impressions are that the game is inoffensive but certainly interesting from a design standpoint.

I utterly revile most open world games. Especially Open World Themeparks such as Elden Ring.

However, as far as open world themeparks go, this game manages to avoid my main issue with open world games, and that is the point of interested world design. That is to say, the kind of design you make where most of the world can be ignored in favor of a few specific points on the map. The game does this with a simple technique known as... new shiny rewards are located everywhere. Whereas in something like Elden Ring, I would look at the map, look for a dungeon symbol located on the map and beeline there, in this game, I am constantly looking at my surroundings, because i cannot go 5 minutes without finding something new (and interesting), whether that is a new species of Pokemon, a new TM, maybe a new item or something. This will not be sustainable in the long run. Because eventually I will most of them, where the constant "ooh shiny" effect will disappear, but the fact that I have managed to get past 10 hours without hating the open world says a lot.

Although this game probably has the best themepark execution I have seen in a while. That doesnt mean this game is scoff free from issues. People have harped on about the graphics and performance. But I am far more concerned with other technical issues such as the flow. Pokemon Legends Arceus flowed so well, everything in that game was buttery smooth in combat, to exploration, yet there are awkward pauses here all over the place, combat pacing is so much worse compared to Legends, and this is done for no appearant reason. So although I constantly run into new stuff these awkward pauses certainly are really grating. Sneaking is in, but unlike PLA where you could use it to reliably catch new pokemon without even fighting them, in this game it is at best used to get a free move on wild pokemon. So it feels super underutilized.

Overall, I consider the game inoffensive, but it is far from great.

5-6/10: Disappointing despite having no expectations... still better than Elden Ring though.

Edit: I will continue playing it despite its mediocrity. The game certainly has me thinking about open world design. Both good and bad.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#159 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

Yeah, this game has better open world than Elden Ring, Elden Ring open world was trash. I’d score this 8/10 and Elden Ring 8/10.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By hardwenzen

This is most certainly the worst open world game that we've seen since the mid 2000's. Simply attrocious video game, and they have the audacity to sell you two different copies like we were still in the 90's🤣What Nintendo has been doing is nothing else but extremely pathetic.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Mesome713

This is the best open world since Breath of the Wild, I’m shocked GameFreak did so much in just one year. This game and Sonic are outselling GoW, man that sucks.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By hardwenzen

This is the worst and laziest video game since 1999. More effort is put into the yearly Madden, Fifa and NBA games than this creature from Lazy Freaks. You know damn well this company's focus is to farm kids and the soccer moms that buy it for their kid, cuz you know, they simply don't know any better and don't even understand what is a bug or fps drops. What a shady company. Literally hand crafting video games to rip off people that aren't in-the-know.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Mesome713

I’m surprised this game is selling better than GoW. It’s got more hype than GoW also, no one is even playing or talking about GoW, everyone is having fun playing Pokémon. And you get legendaries at the start, wow.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Maroxad

I woudlnt call this a masterpiece by any stretch.

But it is interesting how this game manages to do more with its themepark open world, than most high budget AAA games.

Elden Ring's open world was just bad. When your open world is designed that you can look at map, place marker on dungeon entrance. And then beeline there on Torrent while ignoring pretty much every threat in the overworld does not make for good world design. At least here the rewards are generally scattered off into the overworld rather than stashed away in some asset flip dungeon. Being better than the worst game of 2022 isn't exactly something to be proud of.

Just giving credit where credit is due.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#165 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41586 Posts

Okay, anyone telling Game Freak to stop developing Pokemon games, you know, their baby, clearly have not learned lessons from the continued backlash of Star Wars under Disney (unless you're Rogue One), or Fallout under Bethesda (unless you're New Vegas... which still didn't involve Tim and Leonard). And only one of those had their creator bullied into selling his IP.

Also, f*** that classist prick Mutahar.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:

But it is interesting how this game manages to do more with its themepark open world, than most high budget AAA games.

Elden Ring's open world was just bad. When your open world is designed that you can look at map, place marker on dungeon entrance. And then beeline there on Torrent while ignoring pretty much every threat in the overworld does not make for good world design. At least here the rewards are generally scattered off into the overworld rather than stashed away in some asset flip dungeon. Being better than the worst game of 2022 isn't exactly something to be proud of.

You're giving credit for a shameless ripoff. Not surprised, maroxad. Not surprised at all when its coming from you. Gamers have spoken AND ITS ONE OF THE SHITTIEST TITLES ON META lmao. But lets give credit to this POS because its on a Nintendo system. You're the last person i'd listen to if i wanted to hear an opinion about a video game😁

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

You're giving credit for a shameless ripoff. Not surprised, maroxad. Not surprised at all when its coming from you. Gamers have spoken AND ITS ONE OF THE SHITTIEST TITLES ON META lmao. But lets give credit to this POS because its on a Nintendo system. You're the last person i'd listen to if i wanted to hear an opinion about a video game😁

I can give credit to mediocre games you know, same with bad ones.

• Pokemon gen 9 actually puts meaningful stuff in the open world. Still a mediocre game.
  • Elden Ring is pretty fun for the first few hours, and does a good job rewarding you with unique stuff. Still a bad game.

Being able to find bad stuff in good overall products, and good stuff in bad products is a sign of a critical mind.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Mesome713

@Maroxad: Yeah, Elden got trashed in the reviews too. It’s lowest scoring Souls game to ever release. Scored in the 6s. Had glitches worst than Pokémon. Plus it had a rash open world. And the PvP was trash.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Maroxad
@mesome713 said:

@Maroxad: Yeah, Elden got trashed in the reviews too. It’s lowest scoring Souls game to ever release. Scored in the 6s. Had glitches worst than Pokémon. Plus it had a rash open world.

The overworld of Elden Ring was definately REALLY bad. If Elden Ring was just 10 Legacy Dungeons strung together, it might have been something truly special.

Instead, the game that came out was one of the worst video games I have played in a decade.

As far as this game goes. If this had been more polished up, and given the same fluidity as Arceus, this could have been one of the strongest entries in the series.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

I can give credit to mediocre games you know, same with bad ones.

• Pokemon gen 9 actually puts meaningful stuff in the open world. Still a mediocre game.
  • Elden Ring is pretty fun for the first few hours, and does a good job rewarding you with unique stuff. Still a bad game.

Being able to find bad stuff in good overall products, and good stuff in bad products is a sign of a critical mind.

The fact that you're comparing a game that is worse than launch Andromeda, Fallout 76, CP2077, BF2042 and NMS to God Ring, a guaranteed GOTY, insults my intelligence. You should stop with that cringe.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:

The fact that you're comparing a game that is worse than launch Andromeda, Fallout 76, CP2077, BF2042 and NMS to God Ring, a guaranteed GOTY, insults my intelligence. You should stop with that cringe.

What intelligence?

The post you replied to didnt even compare the two. The fact that I gave credit to Elden Ring and it still made you upset is hilarious though.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By hardwenzen
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

What intelligence?

The post you replied to didnt even compare the two. The fact that I gave credit to Elden Ring and it still made you upset is hilarious though.

You're always mentioning ER when talking about this garbage. There's nothing to give credit to, this game blows on all fronts. In fact, its so bad that its damaging the reputation of the brand. Literally everyone on the social media and youtube are memeing the game🤣🤣🤣

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Mesome713

@hardwenzen: Pokémon has a way better open world than Elden Ring. Elden Ring open world was trash. And the glitches in Pokémon are super funny, they make the game more fun.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: Pokémon has a way better open world than Elden Ring. Elden Ring open world was trash. And the glitches in Pokémon are super funny, they make the game more fun.

You bought an X to play the game. THIS is how desperate you were to play ER.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50699 Posts

It's crazy that a Pokemon game, with how popular the series is and how much money Nintendo makes from it, would release like this.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Maroxad
@Chutebox said:

It's crazy that a Pokemon game, with how popular the series is and how much money Nintendo makes from it, would release like this.

The complete lack of polish is really alarming.

Which is a shame, because the ideas behind the game are really good. But the technology is a complete disaster.

What were they thinking releasing 2 games in the same year?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Mesome713

@Chutebox: They’ll just patch it like Cyberpunk did. GameFreak need that money. Just look at Elden Ring, game still has trash PvP.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Maroxad

@mesome713 said:

@Chutebox: They’ll just patch it like Cyberpunk did. GameFreak need that money. Just look at Elden Ring, game still has trash PvP.

What makes you say that?

CD Projekt RED do care about the quality of the games that come out. Game Freak are under a really tight release schedule. Which is why they have to constantly release new stuff.

I just hope for gen 10. That they keep all the good ideas and actually polish them.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Mesome713

@Maroxad: That’s true, they need to get to work on the next Pokémon game that releases next year. Nintendo should just buy GameFreak and help them out.

Nintendo should buy Fromsoft also and teach them how to make an open world game. All they do is copy Zelda games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:
@mesome713 said:

What makes you say that?

CD Projekt RED do care about the quality of the games that come out. Game Freak are under a really tight release schedule. Which is why they have to constantly release new stuff.

I just hope for gen 10. That they keep all the good ideas and actually polish them.

And what makes you think that gen 10, 11, 12, 13 or whatever gen in the future, that you will see any polish? These games sell without any effort being put into them. Its literally Madden/Fifa of Nintendo. Polish is something you will never see no matter the amount of complaints it receives.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Mesome713

@hardwenzen: As long as they keep making the open world amazing and not trash like Elden Ring it should be fine. They can just patch the glitches like Elden Ring and Cyberpunk did. And maybe Nintendo will buy GameFreak and fix everything. Maybe they’ll buy Fromsoft too and fix the trash open world.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: As long as they keep making the open world amazing and not trash like Elden Ring it should be fine. They can just patch the glitches like Elden Ring and Cyberpunk did. And maybe Nintendo will buy GameFreak and fix everything. Maybe they’ll buy Fromsoft too and fix the trash open world.

This is you right now

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 jaydan

This might be an unpopular opinion, but there's like 1000+ Pokemon creatures now.

I think it's time to cut off the creation of new Pokemon every single gen whose main draw is yet another 100 or so new Pokemon.

The numbers are getting wild, and not even Gamefreak can account for that many anymore. Just look how they slashed the Pokedex in Sword and Shield and pissed off their fans.

I think Pokemon is better to put new gens into retirement. There's enough Pokemon now to populate an entire world, is that not enough for fans?

I think it would be wise to retire new gens/new Poke's, and that way the dev's can focus on what already exists, and actually...flesh out the world, not just by numbers.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Mesome713

@jaydan: 1k only??? Bro there are billlions of Pokémon in the world. We havnt even seen 1% of the Pokémon that exists.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 jaydan

@mesome713: If not even Gamefreak can keep up with having that many pokemon in a game, it's time to stop introducing new ones.

Better for the series, because maybe then we can start seeing interesting new adventures and stories instead of it just feeling like a shopping catalog of what new Pokemon you're gonna buy toys to.

That's why Legends Arceus was actually a good game. It did something different from the usual Pokemon shtick. The Pokemon were mostly already existing from previous gens, only a few new Pokemon instead of 100.

It just baffles my mind how this is the followup to Legends Arceus. What happened?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 jaydan

Introducing 100+ Pokemon every time is where the money is going, and it's holding the series back from true growth.

Imagine they introduced a new Pokemon gen with only 5 new Pokemon added to the roster. Chances are that will be the best game we've seen yet, because then Gamefreak will have to put that money in other areas, like polishing the game and bringing interesting new things to the table.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 jaydan

I remember the days when introducing 100+ new Pokemon was actually exciting. I remember when a new gen did not feel like a yearly thing, and there was a real anticipation and excitement for what's new.

Those days are long gone. There is no longer excitement or anticipation for what cool new Pokemon is going to be brought to the table. Because of the frequency we're getting new gens these days, it's just the boring expectation now and not the excitement. It's excessive now.

Pokemon needs to grow a pair of Pokeballs and grow the **** up.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Maroxad

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@mesome713 said:

What makes you say that?

And what makes you think that gen 10, 11, 12, 13 or whatever gen in the future, that you will see any polish? These games sell without any effort being put into them. Its literally Madden/Fifa of Nintendo. Polish is something you will never see no matter the amount of complaints it receives.

Where did I say that?

I said that for gen 10 I *HOPE* they actually polish it.

But with how mismanaged Game Freak is, that is unlikely.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Mesome713

@jaydan: It’s been awhile since we’ve had a new gen. They don’t create new Pokémon fast enough. 1k total Pokémon in 20+ years is a sin. There are billions of Pokémon in the world, we’ve only seen an insanely small percentage.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Maroxad
@jaydan said:

Introducing 100+ Pokemon every time is where the money is going, and it's holding the series back from true growth.

Imagine they introduced a new Pokemon gen with only 5 new Pokemon added to the roster. Chances are that will be the best game we've seen yet, because then Gamefreak will have to put that money in other areas, like polishing the game and bringing interesting new things to the table.

Here is a hot take.

But I wouldnt mind seeing a Pokemon Live Service game. Base Game, They focus on the existing roster and make the best game they can. Post-release, they can slowly introduce new Pokemon through that.

Arceus was good, and I agree with you that it was probably a combination of gamefreak having to find other reasons to justify the game's new existance rather than 100 new monsters.

Gen 9 isnt even bad from a design standpoint. There is a good game in there. It is just mired by technical problems. That is why I find this game so fascinating.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@mesome713 said:

What makes you say that?

Where did I say that?

I said that for gen 10 I *HOPE* they actually polish it.

But with how mismanaged Game Freak is, that is unlikely.

You don't even need to mention it. Your hope is not heard. Nothing will change.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16617 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: stop exaggerating, the game looks fine, and the bugs are minor. Fantastic job by Nintendo and game freak. Another 10 million seller.

Sure man, who doesn't want to reboot a game 200 times per session so you can stop falling through the floor? I expect this take from a man who'd literally let Phil Spencer beat him with chains for sport. Have some more!

Loading Video...

that falling through the floor thing rarely happens, its a minor glitch. Plenty of these click bait youtubers make these shill videos because they get funding from views and ads. They make $10k for one of these negative videos, heck I'd be doing it too. Sell my credibility for $10k?? Heck yeah.

These minor issues will be fixed over time anyways. But as others have said, gamefreak is a super busy company, they have to make a new game year pretty much, so quality does take a hit unfortunately. I still expect these things to be patched.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Loading Video...

that falling through the floor thing rarely happens, its a minor glitch. Plenty of these click bait youtubers make these shill videos because they get funding from views and ads. They make $10k for one of these negative videos, heck I'd be doing it too. Sell my credibility for $10k?? Heck yeah.

These minor issues will be fixed over time anyways. But as others have said, gamefreak is a super busy company, they have to make a new game year pretty much, so quality does take a hit unfortunately. I still expect these things to be patched.

You're clueless. I spent over 3 hours watching live gameplay on twitch. The game is the ultimate clusterfuck of our generation.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16617 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@jaydan: It’s been awhile since we’ve had a new gen. They don’t create new Pokémon fast enough. 1k total Pokémon in 20+ years is a sin. There are billions of Pokémon in the world, we’ve only seen an insanely small percentage.

you are correct...in the very large world of the pokemon universe, it makes no sense that theres only 150 different pokemon, or even 1000 different types of pokemon. There needs to be millions of different pokemon species, at the bare minimum.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11274 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

It shouldn't be happening at all. These aren't clickbait videos. There's no great cabal out to get Pokemon games, a lot of these people are fans of the series and they want a title that's not broken. That really shouldn't be a thing that's too much to ask these days.

You say Game Freak is a super busy company, that's not an excuse to sweep this crap under the rug. If they are over-inundated, then maybe that's on Nintendo for pushing for these things so often. I have never seen a Nintendo product this broken

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Mesome713

@BenjaminBanklin: It’s the consumers fault. They demand a Pokémon game every year. This Pokémon is already becoming the best selling Pokémon ever created. And next year gamers will want the next Pokémon.

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. These games are for people who want the game every year. GameFreak is trying their best, but it’s hard to deliver what the people want.

And the Pokémon fans are loving the glitch’s, they havnt had this much fun in a while. Some of the funniest stuff is happening. Like the Pokémon Master with a Pokémon Penis attack. The Magicrap that flopped along the bridge and up a mountain. The heavy metal dancing chick, and the plug up two Joycons to double your running speed. This game is genius.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By jaydan

People do not want a new mainline Pokemon game every year, that is a lie. People thought it was weird enough this came out the same year as Legends Arceus.

Should have just been a Legends Arceus kind of year and I'm certain most fans would have been happy.

But no, that is not the reality. An actually good Pokemon game that was Legends Arceus just gets brushed under the rug for a broken new generation to trample over.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Mesome713

@jaydan: 20 million plus people buying Pokémon every year says otherwise.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 jaydan

@mesome713: Those numbers are meaningless. Pokemon by default will sell, but that does not mean Pokemon fans are clamoring for an annual new release. Pokemon fans are like little donkeys with a carrot on a stick dangling in front of them. That donkey will default start walking forward; not because it wants to walk, but because it sees a carrot.

That's a Pokemon fan in a nutshell. Not that Pokemon fans want a new gen annually, but they'll walk towards it unenthusiasticslly the moment it's dangling in front of them.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Mesome713

@jaydan: That sucks for those type fans, but gamers demand it every year by buying it in such massive numbers. GameFreak can’t please everyone, but if 20 plus million people are buying your game every year at full price, your doing something right.