PC Gaming is a Fraud

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

@walloftruth said:
@Renevent42 said:

The files are exactly the same. The site merely lets you download the exact files that are on the original disks.

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Renevent42 said:

The files are exactly the same.

Yet my PC doesn't want to play the game disk no matter what I try.

I guarantee this works, and the reason you can't play is something you are doing wrong on your end (or your disk is corrupt). In fact, I tell you what, zip up the files and post it (it's only like 100MB) and I'll play your version too.

That's called piracy but of course it's nothing special for a hermrat. Just because the game is old doesn't excuse you stealing it and trying to talk others into committing the same crime.

I buy all the games I play...I'm just trying to help someone out. Cry me a river.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@Renevent42 said:

@walloftruth said:
@Renevent42 said:

The files are exactly the same. The site merely lets you download the exact files that are on the original disks.

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Renevent42 said:

I guarantee this works, and the reason you can't play is something you are doing wrong on your end (or your disk is corrupt). In fact, I tell you what, zip up the files and post it (it's only like 100MB) and I'll play your version too.

That's called piracy but of course it's nothing special for a hermrat. Just because the game is old doesn't excuse you stealing it and trying to talk others into committing the same crime.

I buy all the games I play...I'm just trying to help someone out. Cry me a river.

Don't feed the troll.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

@RyviusARC said:

@Renevent42 said:

@walloftruth said:
@Renevent42 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Renevent42 said:

Don't feed the troll.

Word.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@Renevent42 said:

@walloftruth said:
@Renevent42 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Renevent42 said:

Indeed. And because of your helpful nature there can be no case against you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act

"2010 exceptions" "Video games accessible on personal computers and protected by technological protection measures that control access to lawfully obtained works, when circumvention is accomplished solely for the purpose of good faith testing for, investigating, or correcting security flaws or vulnerabilities,"

So, can we expect an apology from walloftruth for their slander against you?

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

@psymon100 said:

@Renevent42 said:

@walloftruth said:
@Renevent42 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Renevent42 said:

Indeed. And because of your helpful nature there can be no case against you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act

"2010 exceptions" "Video games accessible on personal computers and protected by technological protection measures that control access to lawfully obtained works, when circumvention is accomplished solely for the purpose of good faith testing for, investigating, or correcting security flaws or vulnerabilities,"

So, can we expect an apology from walloftruth for their slander against you?

lmao, psymon just took a giant shit on Davekeeh.

good work man

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@Lumpy311 said:

good work man

Uh lumpy...no clue who Davekeeh is...but did you read this part of psymons post....when circumvention is accomplished solely for the purpose of good faith testing for, investigating, or correcting security flaws or vulnerabilities,"

He's not investigating or correcting security flaws or vulnerabilities. Talk about playing fast and lose with the protections.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Lumpy311

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Lumpy311 said:

good work man

Uh lumpy...no clue who Davekeeh is...but did you read this part of psymons post....when circumvention is accomplished solely for the purpose of good faith testing for, investigating, or correcting security flaws or vulnerabilities,"

He's not investigating or correcting security flaws or vulnerabilities. Talk about playing fast and lose with the protections.

He tested if the game worked.

Giant shit on Davekeeh.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@Lumpy311 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Lumpy311 said:

good work man

He tested if the game worked.

Giant shit on Davekeeh.

Cherry picking? You have to read the entire sentence dude...not a fragment. LOL

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 psymon100

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Lumpy311 said:

good work man

There other other provisions within the act, one could look at Title 3. Is this person not making a temporary, limited copy just to help you with your computer? Yes.

Anyway, this individual is innocent until proven guilty. Come on. There is no case here.

If you seriously think this person is guilty of a crime then I'd like to know whether or not you were an accomplice to this crime? The only motive this person had to download the game, was to HELP YOU. And this is how you repay them.

Meanwhile - the game works on PC. It wouldn't run on your PC. I wonder why? Perhaps because of ineptitude?

And @Lumpy311, thanks.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Lumpy311

@psymon100 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Lumpy311 said:

good work man

And @Lumpy311, thanks.

No problem my man.

Butcer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Butcer2
Member since 2010 • 75 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan: as a pc gamer yeah i agree. pc daming sorta starting dying around 2003 in my view i started to notice the pc shells in video game stores getting smaller and less quality ports being pc and when xbox came around i notcied clearly a trend of the focus shiftin from pc to console.

a

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

@Butcer2 said:

@DarthaPerkinjan: as a pc gamer yeah i agree. pc daming sorta starting dying around 2003 in my view i started to notice the pc shells in video game stores getting smaller and less quality ports being pc and when xbox came around i notcied clearly a trend of the focus shiftin from pc to console.

a

Or you are not with todays market?

Steam.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

The PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One comparision by Digital Foundry is such a load of crap.

They used TWO Radeon 7970 graphics cards for the PC.

Just how insane is that? Let me count the ways. For starters, thats well over $700 worth of graphic cards. The PSU you need to run two 7970s? Around $200. I'll just stop there, but you see how rediculous that is.

The fair way to do the comparison would be to use a popular, affordable graphics card. Like a Geforce 660 or 560 Ti and a simple AMD quad core processor @ 3.0ghz. You know, something an average pc gamer probably has.

But nooooo. Loser hermits have to stroke their ego by making the comparision with impossibly expensive hardware almost nobody has. After they trashed the PS4 for months theres no way they can possibly let it look just as good if not better then the PC version.

I'm really fed up with Hermits and their buyer remorse. They pay 6x the money of console players to run Crysis at 50 fps. and 1080p. Because they just realized their epic fail they want to bash and trash cows and lemmings and sheep.

PC gaming is dead outside of steam. At Walmart they've had the same games for sale there for the last 3 years. The same old crap. If you get into PC gaming you have no choice but to bow down to steam. You cant choose sony, nintendo, or microsoft like console fans do.

PC gaming is one of the biggest frauds there is. The rediculous PS4 vs Xbox One vs PC comparison proves it.

so, it's a load of crap? but they were 100% honest with the specs used for testing.

these 'fair comparisons' you're talking about, well, it's not done exactly as described, but every month tomshardware build pcs within certain budget limitations. they post the specs and they benchmark these machines so consumers are informed. eg: here is a $650 build http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-a-pc-fx-6300-overclocking,3617.html

the reason they went with high end parts is to show the potential of the pc. of course it is going to win, but how can the ps4 keep up? really, their comparison is more about how the xb1 or ps4 keep up with the pc, rather than demonstrating the power of the PC.

there was no fraud. everyone was up front with what they did, how they did it, what equipment was used - etc.

and i found this quote deliciously ironic - "If you get into PC gaming you have no choice but to bow down to steam. You cant choose sony, nintendo, or microsoft like console fans do."

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

Stop being so freaking dumb.

$400 console + $250 online + $10+per game

= about $1250 PC.

$500 console + $300 online + $10+per game

= about $1400 PC.

That is without upgrading (new rig) and without sales and with only 1 game per month in a generation that would last only 5 years.

If this generation is another 8 years instead of 5 and you would look for sales and get $15 per game off compared to the console versions, you are looking at

$400 + $400 + $1440 = a $2240 PC (without screen)

$500 + $480 + $1440 = a $2420 PC (without screen)

You can fit two fantastic GPU's in a $1600 PC, and with a good chance of it being cheaper than a PS4 or Xone.

Face it.

Console gaming is freaking expensive and does not deliver. The gigantic overhead of these companies has made consoles a bad investment compared to a PC. Consoles R Done.

Console you can rent, borrow, lend, resale. Your posting= debunk. Also, console game do not having sale or deal? Why can find GTA5 with deep discount soon after release? Playstation plus giving game every month. PC gaming much more cost at start, and across generation. Sorry to deal this fact.

Console are only reason gaming is progress and moving forward. Big name blockbuster game come late to pc or not at all. Treated like 2nd class, angry of upgrading pc if not for community mod.

Butcer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Butcer2

@AMD655: yeah i am on steam, ive been in pc gaming since the mid 90´s so ive been around since the dos times (the last years of dos but still)

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Whats up with the new Batman game being £39.99 on Steam at the moment?

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Lumpy311

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@KungfuKitten said:

Stop being so freaking dumb.

$400 console + $250 online + $10+per game

= about $1250 PC.

$500 console + $300 online + $10+per game

= about $1400 PC.

That is without upgrading (new rig) and without sales and with only 1 game per month in a generation that would last only 5 years.

If this generation is another 8 years instead of 5 and you would look for sales and get $15 per game off compared to the console versions, you are looking at

$400 + $400 + $1440 = a $2240 PC (without screen)

$500 + $480 + $1440 = a $2420 PC (without screen)

You can fit two fantastic GPU's in a $1600 PC, and with a good chance of it being cheaper than a PS4 or Xone.

Face it.

Console gaming is freaking expensive and does not deliver. The gigantic overhead of these companies has made consoles a bad investment compared to a PC. Consoles R Done.

Console you can rent, borrow, lend, resale. Your posting= debunk. Also, console game do not having sale or deal? Why can find GTA5 with deep discount soon after release? Playstation plus giving game every month. PC gaming much more cost at start, and across generation. Sorry to deal this fact.

Console are only reason gaming is progress and moving forward. Big name blockbuster game come late to pc or not at all. Treated like 2nd class, angry of upgrading pc if not for community mod.

Who needs blockbusters when you have games that actually are good like Stanley Parable?

Lmao, if anyone is second class it's you peasants, you get shitty hardware, less games, worst games, no modding support, if you want your games fixed you have to wait until the dev gives a shit to patch it while i can google a patch for it, PlayStation plus gives old games that i could get for 5$ at a steam sale.

Gaming would be more advanced if PC gaming represented it, would have less generic games and you would have to innovate if you wanted sales.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By psymon100

@clyde46 said:

No idea. I use this site: http://cdkeyprices.com/

I got my batman key from here specifically - http://www.cdkeyprices.com/pt/jump.php?id=4141

HOHO! Man! Check out the price! https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=21.99usd+in+gbp&rlz=1C1CHKB_en-gbNZ476NZ476&oq=21.99usd+in+gbp&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

And yeah, at CDKeyPrices there are even cheaper ones than the place I got it from. I just chose there because they were pretty cheap, and I'd ordered from them before.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 clyde46

@psymon100 said:

@clyde46 said:

No idea. I use this site: http://cdkeyprices.com/

I got my batman key from here specifically - http://www.cdkeyprices.com/pt/jump.php?id=4141

HOHO! Man! Check out the price! https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=21.99usd+in+gbp&rlz=1C1CHKB_en-gbNZ476NZ476&oq=21.99usd+in+gbp&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

And yeah, at CDKeyPrices there are even cheaper ones than the place I got it from. I just chose there because they were pretty cheap, and I'd ordered from them before.

There's one on there for $17.99 which is around £10 I think!

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

when people argue price (consolites more so than Hermits) I just laugh. News flash guys. Gaming is an expensive hobby. When it's all said and done you are paying just much to game on console as you are to game on PC. Trust me M$ and Sony are gonna squeeze your wallet too. 50 to 60 for a second controller. More cash for headset. Paying to play online. Paying on average $10 extra for games. Over the course of that consoles life you are paying just as much as the PC guy who just payed his money upfront. So can we kill the price arguments. Gaming is an expensive hobby, period. As the saying goes you gotta pay to play.

Butcer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Butcer2

@NFJSupreme: wrong wrong wrong, just admit pc gaming is more expenisve then consoles and thats a fact.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Lumpy311

@NFJSupreme said:

when people argue price (consolites more so than Hermits) I just laugh. News flash guys. Gaming is an expensive hobby. When it's all said and done you are paying just much to game on console as you are to game on PC. Trust me M$ and Sony are gonna squeeze your wallet too. 50 to 60 for a second controller. More cash for headset. Paying to play online. Paying on average $10 extra for games. Over the course of that consoles life you are paying just as much as the PC guy who just payed his money upfront. So can we kill the price arguments. Gaming is an expensive hobby, period. As the saying goes you gotta pay to play.

Pretty much yeah, gaming is expensive, it's always been, don't know what people expected. It's something that will last you years, you probably spend more than the money for a gaming pc in unnecessary shit all the time.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

I would like to see single GPU comparisons too. They'd still spank next gen consoles because they can all do 1080p no sweat and are designed to go even higher in resolution. But it would be nice to see how single GPU set ups compare vs nextgen consoles. Never was a fan of crossfire/sli. Just give me one beastly workhorse GPU to last 3 to 4 years when I get itch for more performance.

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

@lostrib said:

they wanted to see how the next gen versions stack up to the best possible graphics of the game

They said "PC wins"

Hermits see this as ownage.

Look at the steam hardware survey. A small fraction of hermits actually have something better then a 7850

It will cost those PC gamers less than $200 to get a 7850. If they really wanted to "break the bank" they could spend $300 on a 7970. You will have to spend $400 to get a PS4. Seems like ownage to me.

Buy gpu, then case, gaming mouse and key, blu ray drive for media, HDD, board, cpu, psu, operating system for $400? Ownage indeed.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Lumpy311

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@NFJSupreme said:

I would like to see single GPU comparisons too. They'd still spank next gen consoles because they can all do 1080p no sweat and are designed to go even higher in resolution. But it would be nice to see how single GPU set ups compare vs nextgen consoles. Never was a fan of crossfire/sli. Just give me one beastly workhorse GPU to last 3 to 4 years when I get itch for more performance.

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

@lostrib said:

they wanted to see how the next gen versions stack up to the best possible graphics of the game

They said "PC wins"

Look at the steam hardware survey. A small fraction of hermits actually have something better then a 7850

It will cost those PC gamers less than $200 to get a 7850. If they really wanted to "break the bank" they could spend $300 on a 7970. You will have to spend $400 to get a PS4. Seems like ownage to me.

Buy gpu, then case, gaming mouse and key, blu ray drive for media, HDD, board, cpu, psu, operating system for $400? Ownage indeed.

Gaming is an expensive hobby, deal with it, you're gonna end up spending more than someone who builds their own rig anyway.

Butcer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Butcer2

@Mr-Kutaragi: your also forgetting case fans and northbridge fans, plus a lcd screen , many people and most of those who just own a pc to browse on the net have extremly old lcd greens that would ghost in any video game too much to have it playabul and many are still on crappy old crt screens (and no i dont mean the rare good crt screens that have like 120 hz monitors, the 60 hz crappy ones)

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#227 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@adamosmaki said:

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

The PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One comparision by Digital Foundry is such a load of crap.

They used TWO Radeon 7970 graphics cards for the PC.

Just how insane is that? Let me count the ways. For starters, thats well over $700 worth of graphic cards. The PSU you need to run two 7970s? Around $200. I'll just stop there, but you see how rediculous that is.

The fair way to do the comparison would be to use a popular, affordable graphics card. Like a Geforce 660 or 560 Ti and a simple AMD quad core processor @ 3.0ghz. You know, something an average pc gamer probably has.

But nooooo. Loser hermits have to stroke their ego by making the comparision with impossibly expensive hardware almost nobody has. After they trashed the PS4 for months theres no way they can possibly let it look just as good if not better then the PC version.

I'm really fed up with Hermits and their buyer remorse. They pay 6x the money of console players to run Crysis at 50 fps. and 1080p. Because they just realized their epic fail they want to bash and trash cows and lemmings and sheep.

PC gaming is dead outside of steam. At Walmart they've had the same games for sale there for the last 3 years. The same old crap. If you get into PC gaming you have no choice but to bow down to steam. You cant choose sony, nintendo, or microsoft like console fans do.

PC gaming is one of the biggest frauds there is. The rediculous PS4 vs Xbox One vs PC comparison proves it.

1. What makes you think a single 7970 wont offer better visuals than a ps4 ( the gap between the 2 is quite big )

2. You will be surprised how much it takes to build a pc with an i5 cpu and a good 650-700w psu and 2 79xx series gpu from Amd

3. If pc gaming is only steam explain me greenmangaming,gamersgate,gog,origins,getgames and blizzards online service ( hell now every other big publisher puts out a DD service like Ubisoft with uplay )

4. An affordable Gpu is a 7950 ($250 ) a card that hit 2,87tflops (compare this to ps4's combined cpu gpu 1,84tflops you troll )

5.Relax and take a reality pill. A $700-800 pc is better in graphics than Ps4

6. Ps4 is really good for what it is. An affordable $400 console with great graphics but again face it it wont match a good gaming pc

4. Actually you can fine a 7950 for $220 and thats the boost edition with is a 3,3 TFLOP gpu.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Lumpy311

@Butcer2 said:

@Mr-Kutaragi: your also forgetting case fans and northbridge fans, plus a lcd screen , many people and most of those who just own a pc to browse on the net have extremly lcd greens that would ghost in any video game too much to have it playabul and many are still on crappy old crt screens (and no i dont mean the rare good crt screens that have like 120 hz monitors, the 60 hz crappy ones)

Most PC gamers game at 1080p.

Also, you must add the price of a TV for the console too. Good speakers too.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By NFJSupreme

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

@lostrib said:

They said "PC wins"

um if someone is upgrading their PC they already have all that stupid. Consolites really lack that critical thinking skill.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Lumpy311
@NFJSupreme said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

@lostrib said:

They said "PC wins"

um if someone is upgrading their PC they already have all that stupid. Consolites really lack that critical thinking skill.

Going by his logic Console gamers must buy a plasma TV.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#232 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@Lumpy311 said:
@NFJSupreme said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

@lostrib said:

They said "PC wins"

Nope an OLED TV.....

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By psymon100

@clyde46 said:

There's one on there for $17.99 which is around £10 I think!

Cool man, love the US Dollar. I'm always sceptical, however, I've had nothing but success on that cdkeyprices.com website.

I am really enjoying the game, although Civilization 5 has me hooked at the moment.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 clyde46

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

@lostrib said:

They said "PC wins"

If you are starting out, then yes you'll be spending far more than 400 bones but if you're a seasoned PC gamer, it wouldn't cost you that much to beat the PS4. However this is also implying you aren't running a PC that wouldn't look out of place on Noah's Ark.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By psymon100

@04dcarraher said:

@Lumpy311 said:

Nope an OLED TV.....

ORLY TV

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 CrownKingArthur

@Butcer2 said:

@Mr-Kutaragi: your also forgetting case fans and northbridge fans, plus a lcd screen , many people and most of those who just own a pc to browse on the net have extremly old lcd greens that would ghost in any video game too much to have it playabul and many are still on crappy old crt screens (and no i dont mean the rare good crt screens that have like 120 hz monitors, the 60 hz crappy ones)

case fans should come with any decent case. at stock clocks you don't even need them. if you need more ventilation it's not expensive, like 5 bucks for a 80mm fan or something. haven't bort one in a while. lol. 'bort'.

lcd screen is just the visual display unit, consoles need something too.

if a northbridge fan is necessary, the manufacturer will include one on the motherboard. it won't pass quality assurance if it's necessary but omitted.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 NFJSupreme

@Butcer2 said:

@NFJSupreme: wrong wrong wrong, just admit pc gaming is more expenisve then consoles and thats a fact.

the intelligence of the average SW consolite in full display right here guys. Look at this eloquent argument that completely ripped apart my claim. I have been bested by a superior being. /sarcasm

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By CrownKingArthur

@NFJSupreme said:

@Butcer2 said:

the intelligence of the average SW consolite in full display right here guys. Look at this eloquent argument that completely ripped apart my claim. I have been bested by a superior being. /sarcasm

"expenisve"

i love you system wars

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Lumpy311

@NFJSupreme said:

@Butcer2 said:

It truly is astonishing how someone can just come on the internet and act like they're five.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#240 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@AMD655 said:

@Butcer2 said:

a

Or you are not with todays market?

Steam.

Origin, GOG, Green Man Gaming, Amazon Digital, Desura, Gamers gate, Gamefly, Gamestop....

Who the fuk buys PC games from a store these days, and even if you do it authenticates to either Steam or Origin anyway, lol.

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts

Console companies love to keep you in their eco-systems. They decide whether you can use mp3s, external hard drives, etc. Over here in PC camp I just alt-tab out, click on a music file(MPC) and then go back into the game.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@danten81 said:

Console companies love to keep you in their eco-systems. They decide whether you can use mp3s, external hard drives, etc. Over here in PC camp I just alt-tab out, click on a music file(MPC) and then go back into the game.

On pc I do what I want on console you do what sony/ms want.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#243 GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi: a blue ray player? You don't even need one. Don't get me started on blockbuster game as the majority come out the same day as console. And according to you games like Diablo 3 which came out late for console aren't consider blockbuster titles because of the graphics.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Butcer2 said:

Then please include the cost of 1 gen of PSN/XBL and the cost of a good Plasma TV (thanks for the tip Giovela/M3Boarder) for Consoles.

Should come out to be over +$2,000 ahead of a good PC and Monitor. So you pay 2x more for less games, less exclusives, and worse gfx/performnace (see sig). Nice.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

New computers? Wut? A PC is more than just an OS.

Let me ask you this Clyde....out of the box without you doing anything to it...will your current PC play an old game in and of itself or do you need a work around to play that?

Unless you are talking DOS era, then yes, it shouldn't have an issue.

Well then we have a no BC for DOS era. But if there are no issues...then why do you need an emulator? When I talk BC I mean pop a disk in and go. Which I think you will admit isn't going to happen with all the old disks.

I also don't know how this got sidetracked because I didn't initially say PC don't play older games. Some do have issues....which I found out when I got my new PC. It actually worked on my old PC. And none of the work arounds helped me. Which sucks. I suppose I could dig my old tower out and connect up to it to play the game.

But anyway.....not counting the PC....more consoles are not BC than are.

DosBox, VMware Player, Oracle's VirtualBox and Microsoft's VirtualPC software are free downloads.

DOS apps are hardly lock and load type apps.

Windows 8.1 comes with Hyper-V (virtual machine software). http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-8/hyper-v-run-virtual-machines

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@menes777 said:

Ok new computers???? Don't you mean new operating systems? Actually if you look at the many problems that Windows has it's because they are shooting for backwards compatibility and not just for gaming. Nevertheless the point is still valid. PC gaming is backward compatible and consoles are not. Maybe it's a rare thing for consoles, but for PC it has always been backward compatible. Doesn't matter if you have to go through a 1000 step process it's BC. Whether you can figure it out or not it's backward compatible.

Also since you can't seem to name a single game I don't think that you actually own a PC.

Not entirely true.....Windows tries to be compatible with recent OS' but not every OS since computers started. Windows will soon stop worrying about XP in the not so distant future. Which is why they are telling people to upgrade as they won't be supporting it after spring.

Anyway my initial response still stands. Not all old PC games will play under new operating systems. And backward compatibility is rare because few consoles made use of it. Nintendo only has the last couple generations. Sony did it between 1 and 2 and for a short period with 3. MS had an emulator I believe for select games. Sega had an add on for the MS games on the Genesis. And I believe the Atari 5200 had someway to play 2600 games. But if you look at all the consoles created...that is a small number. And the dudes I originally quoted were arguing about X1 and PS4 not being BC.

And as for your last comment...what the hell do you think I'm using to type this? I doubt you ever heard of the game....but it's Shannara after a book series I like.

Windows 8.1 X64 still carries Win32 X86 environment.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

This thread is so nonsensical that it already derailed horribly...

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#248  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Not my problem you're poor, TC.

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

@superclocked said:

$139.99 = 7870 Tahiti LE @ 1.1GHz = 3.38 TFLOPS >>> both consoles combined..

With my Tahiti LE, I get a solid 45fps in BF4 using all Ultra settings @ 1080p. When the AMD Mantle version comes out in December, I'll be getting 60fps at 1080p on all Ultra settings, with a $140 videocard...

PS4 gets 60.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 clyde46

@Alienware_fan said:

@superclocked said:

$139.99 = 7870 Tahiti LE @ 1.1GHz = 3.38 TFLOPS >>> both consoles combined..

With my Tahiti LE, I get a solid 45fps in BF4 using all Ultra settings @ 1080p. When the AMD Mantle version comes out in December, I'll be getting 60fps at 1080p on all Ultra settings, with a $140 videocard...

PS4 gets 60.

Not on Ultra it doesn't.