PC Gaming is a Fraud

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Overall....though it is rare. Mentioning one gaming aspect doesn't change that. Though you really can't play all really old games on new PCs.

You're on a roll today, with the whole being wrong thing.

Oh I'm wrong? Then let's list all the consoles ever created and add the PC to it. How many are backward compatible? No add ons. Not many that's for sure.

Haha, moving the goalposts because you know you're wrong.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Overall....though it is rare. Mentioning one gaming aspect doesn't change that. Though you really can't play all really old games on new PCs.

Oh I'm wrong? Then let's list all the consoles ever created and add the PC to it. How many are backward compatible? No add ons. Not many that's for sure.

Eh? The PC can play games from decades ago. Can you do that on a PS3 or 360?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178833 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

You do know that proves my point Clyde?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Well no I'm not wrong. How many consoles were created to be backward compatible?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By clyde46

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

You said that new PC's can't play new games, which is completely wrong.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Well no I'm not wrong. How many consoles were created to be backward compatible?

I should've been more specific, you were wrong about PC. I don't care how many consoles are bc.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Would it have made you feel better if they used a Voodoo 3D running on Windows XP so they console versions would have looked better?

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#108  Edited By trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan: Yes, PC gaming is expensive. No, you can't afford it. Yes, you are mad about it. Lulz.

You even said we pay all that money to game at 1080p! I play at 25x16, kiddo; some even play at 4K. Again, it's expensive. Again, we can afford it. Again, it's far, far superior to consoles in every way, from the keyboard and mouse, to the superior resolutions, to the overclocked, water cooled CPU, to the mods we add - everything.

Consoles are for teens who want to become PC gamers when they grow up and get a real job. Except the WiiU. The WiiU is for children aspiring to be console gamers once they hit their teens. I hope I've cleared things up for you...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 LJS9502_basic

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm not. My PC doesn't play my older games. In fact...I have one I've never played. Wouldn't work. So I'm not wrong. The operating systems weren't compatible.

Though that wasn't really my main point. The PC is but one gaming device.....which means backward compatibility is not the standard...it's rare.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#110  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

The PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One comparision by Digital Foundry is such a load of crap.

They used TWO Radeon 7970 graphics cards for the PC.

Just how insane is that? Let me count the ways. For starters, thats well over $700 worth of graphic cards. The PSU you need to run two 7970s? Around $200. I'll just stop there, but you see how rediculous that is.

The fair way to do the comparison would be to use a popular, affordable graphics card. Like a Geforce 660 or 560 Ti and a simple AMD quad core processor @ 3.0ghz. You know, something an average pc gamer probably has.

But nooooo. Loser hermits have to stroke their ego by making the comparision with impossibly expensive hardware almost nobody has. After they trashed the PS4 for months theres no way they can possibly let it look just as good if not better then the PC version.

I'm really fed up with Hermits and their buyer remorse. They pay 6x the money of console players to run Crysis at 50 fps. and 1080p. Because they just realized their epic fail they want to bash and trash cows and lemmings and sheep.

PC gaming is dead outside of steam. At Walmart they've had the same games for sale there for the last 3 years. The same old crap. If you get into PC gaming you have no choice but to bow down to steam. You cant choose sony, nintendo, or microsoft like console fans do.

PC gaming is one of the biggest frauds there is. The rediculous PS4 vs Xbox One vs PC comparison proves it.

400 dollars to run bf4 on 900p 40-60fps medium settings

600 dollars to run ultra 1080p

expend anymore than that only if youre stupid or just a console fanboy

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

I'm not. My PC doesn't play my older games. In fact...I have one I've never played. Wouldn't work. So I'm not wrong. The operating systems weren't compatible.

Though that wasn't really my main point. The PC is but one gaming device.....which means backward compatibility is not the standard...it's rare.

You lack some technical competencies, the backwards compatibility is ALWAYS there. The hardware supports it, 100% guaranteed. The issue is you, the user.

I could get those games to run on your PC easily.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 clyde46

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

So, my PC can't play them so no ones can. I thought you were better than this Mr Basic.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

I run BF4 at Ultra settings around 60 fps with a GTX 770 which by the way is about to get a price cut.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

The way this thread epically backfired is amazing. I enjoy my XBox 360, and will probably get a PS4 as well...none of these consoles hold a candle to a PC though.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

So, my PC can't play them so no ones can. I thought you were better than this Mr Basic.

To be fair Clyde if you read my initial statement I did qualify the sentence....not make it general.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

To be fair Clyde if you read my initial statement I did qualify the sentence....not make it general.

You're just too stupid to look up a guide on how to get DOSbox and start playing DOOM so you try to bullshit us.

Admit defeat, peasant

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By psymon100

@Lumpy311 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

You're just too stupid to look up a guide on how to get DOSbox and start playing DOOM so you try to bullshit us.

Admit defeat, peasant

ITT:

LJ is technically incompetent

LJ Makes a conclusion based on his technical incompetency

Get's called out on it

Moves the goalpost pretending it's his own personal opinion, because he knows he cannot win.

Let me guess, a fanboy of the Sony Playstation line of products? Don't answer that LJ. I learned the answer yesterday.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@psymon100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Admit defeat, peasant

ITT:

Get's called out on it

Moves the goalpost pretending it's his own personal opinion, because he knows he cannot win.

Let me guess, a fanboy of the Sony Playstation line of products? Don't answer that LJ. I learned the answer yesterday.

Bullshit. I said some old games don't play. And they don't. Hell even some PSone games wouldn't work on the PS2. Nothing is all encompassing.

And I have all the consoles of the just ended generation.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#120 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@heretrix: Idk how to quote with this new site.

But in terme of games with good modding communities. A lil' game called Kerbal Space Program. Easily the best modding/community ive ever scene. So much so the devs are hiring modders full time. Truly an amazing game thats not even in beta yet.

Cannot stand ignorance towards mods

I've been meaning to check Kerbal out. Maybe during the holiday sale. Yeah, people shitting on mods is kind of silly, it's one of the best things about PC gaming.

as for the quoting just click on the quote button on the right hand side of the post window, it will appear when you cursor over it.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By psymon100

@LJS9502_basic said:

@psymon100 said:

@Lumpy311 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Admit defeat, peasant

ITT:

Get's called out on it

Bullshit. I said some games old games don't play. And they don't. Hell even some PSone games wouldn't work on the PS2. Nothing is all encompassing.

It's a shame you lack the technical competencies to make these older PC games work. My conclusion is that every game ever has always worked and this comes from experience.

Earlier when referring to older titles, you said 'My pc can't play them'. Well, what CPU has it got? One based on x86 architecture? Unless you're on a PowerPC Mac or something, you can play these games.

Post 95 in this thread, you said : "you really can't play all really old games on new PCs." - This statement is technically incorrect. One can do this ... if only one has the technical competencies.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 LJS9502_basic

@psymon100 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Bullshit. I said some games old games don't play. And they don't. Hell even some PSone games wouldn't work on the PS2. Nothing is all encompassing.

It's a shame you lack the technical competencies to make these older PC games work. My conclusion is that every game ever has always worked and this comes from experience.

Earlier when referring to older titles, you said 'My pc can't play them'. Well, what CPU has it got? One based on x86 architecture? Unless you're on a PowerPC Mac or something, you can play these games.

Post 95 in this thread, you said : "you really can't play all really old games on new PCs." - This statement is technically incorrect. One can do this ... if only one has the technical competencies.

My experience says you're wrong. And I would not bet the house on your premise. Incapability do happen. No that statement is not incorrect. I did everything that can be done to play old games on a new computer and one does NOT ever work. Period.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#123 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Giood to see the PC continues to deliver copious ammounts of butthurt to opposing fanboys,it´s hilarious. XD

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 LJS9502_basic

Found this quote on the internet which leads me to believe some of you just don't have a clue...

What game is it? A lot of old games that came out before Windows NT will not work on NT-based systems like Windows XP and up.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Lumpy311

@LJS9502_basic said:

@psymon100 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

My experience says you're wrong. And I would not bet the house on your premise. Incapability do happen. No that statement is not incorrect. I did everything that can be done to play old games on a new computer and one does NOT ever work. Period.

Because you are stupid. Period.

Any idiot can make DOOM work on their PC these days, you're just too incompetent. Probably why you are a console gamer, anything more complicated than putting in a disk and pressing X will bore you and you'll just give up.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Lumpy311

@LJS9502_basic said:

Found this quote on the internet which leads me to believe some of you just don't have a clue...

What game is it? A lot of old games that came out before Windows NT will not work on NT-based systems like Windows XP and up.

Hey moron, google search. DOSBOX.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@kellykelly said:

Yes, Hermits love to brag about being the master race, but these comparissons mean absolutely nothing since 99% of them own a low spec machine

that means both dave and kellykelly own a low spec machine to huh?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 clyde46

@LJS9502_basic said:

DOSbox. There are many programs out there that can play old games on new OS's. Just because you can't make them work doesn't mean they are broken.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Lumpy311

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

DOSbox. There are many programs out there that can play old games on new OS's. Just because you can't make them work doesn't mean they are broken.

Man, this guy is stupid, we've told him about DOSbox like 4 times now.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Was just about to mention that. I play old games all the way back to the DOS games (1980's) on my PC all the time. Sounds more like a PEBKAC issue...though for fairness I'd be interested in knowing what game it was.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Lumpy311

@Renevent42 said:

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Was just about to mention that. I play old games all the way back to the DOS games (1980's) on my PC all the time.

30 years of gaming on a single system... it's damn impressive.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 psymon100

@LJS9502_basic said:

@psymon100 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Well in my experience, it's impossible to operate a crane.

Maybe because I lack the technical competency to operate a crane? So weird though, I have seen others operate cranes.

You lack the technical competency. That's it. Your PC does not.

@LJS9502_basic said:

Clyde's mentioned DOSbox about 3 times.

Plus it's possible to reinstall an operating system, virtual machine, boot to a USB pendrive - so so many methods are available.

By the way, we've been talking about Hardware. I'm not interested in discussing which games will / won't work in the operating system layer, that's not hardware. The PC Hardware is backwards compatible and those older games can run on said hardware.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@psymon100 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Could you name one of these games that you attempted to play???

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Multiplats, still best on pc.

Consolites still whining about this?

A new gen, same old crap.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By menes777

@psymon100 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@psymon100 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Well in my experience, it's impossible to operate a crane.

Maybe because I lack the technical competency to operate a crane? So weird though, I have seen others operate cranes.

You lack the technical competency. That's it. Your PC does not.

@LJS9502_basic said:

Clyde's mentioned DOSbox about 3 times.

Plus it's possible to reinstall an operating system, virtual machine, boot to a USB pendrive - so so many methods are available.

By the way, we've been talking about Hardware. I'm not interested in discussing which games will / won't work in the operating system layer, that's not hardware. The PC Hardware is backwards compatible and those older games can run on said hardware.

Also GOG, Steam and GMG have tons of older games that they have patched to work with Windows XP, 7 and 8 at very reasonable prices.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 menes777

@LJS9502_basic said:

So some random quote that you didn't provide a source for trumps what everyone else has been saying? You are the one without a clue.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 menes777

@LJS9502_basic said:

@psymon100 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Can you name at least one of those games???

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

No ones debating the value side of consoles.

All I hear is a bunch of butt hurt. You get what you pay for and you buy what you can afford. I will have a PS4 by the end of November and I have a PC with a i5 2500K, 8GB RAM and a GTX 680 running a 29" monitor with the resolution of 2560x1080 on a fast SSD... Console's for me are for the exclusives everything else I get for my PC.

Don't get angry because a your console can't compete with a high end PC because its not suppose to.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 LJS9502_basic

So then you admit I was correct. New computers cannot play old games without additional downloads.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 menes777

@LJS9502_basic said:

So then you admit I was correct. New computers cannot play old games without additional downloads.

Changing the goal posts again? PC is backward compatible without just about anything. What can you download on the PS4 that will let you play your PS2 or PS1 games? (not remakes or HD versions) What can you download on the X1 to let you play your original Xbox games? It's funny how you keep changing the goal posts because you keep getting proven wrong. How about actually answering the questions above. What games are you trying to get working?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 LJS9502_basic

@menes777 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Changing the goal posts again? PC is backward compatible without just about anything. What can you download on the PS4 that will let you play your PS2 or PS1 games? (not remakes or HD versions) What can you download on the X1 to let you play your original Xbox games? It's funny how you keep changing the goal posts because you keep getting proven wrong. How about actually answering the questions above. What games are you trying to get working?

That's not a change. When new computers come out they are not concerned with making them backward compatible now are they? That's like saying the Genesis was intended to play Mastersystem games when it wasn't. An add on was required.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Lumpy311

@LJS9502_basic said:

@menes777 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

That's not a change. When new computers come out they are not concerned with making them backward compatible now are they? That's like saying the Genesis was intended to play Mastersystem games when it wasn't. An add on was required.

lmao

changing goalposts

The Genesis is backwards compatible, and the PC is too, they have things that can make them backwards compatible, so they only aren't if you don't want them to be.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By menes777

@LJS9502_basic said:

@menes777 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Ok new computers???? Don't you mean new operating systems? Actually if you look at the many problems that Windows has it's because they are shooting for backwards compatibility and not just for gaming. Nevertheless the point is still valid. PC gaming is backward compatible and consoles are not. Maybe it's a rare thing for consoles, but for PC it has always been backward compatible. Doesn't matter if you have to go through a 1000 step process it's BC. Whether you can figure it out or not it's backward compatible.

Also since you can't seem to name a single game I don't think that you actually own a PC.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#146  Edited By scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts
@DarthaPerkinjan said:

The PSU you need to run two 7970s? Around $200.

I bought a fancy modular Corsair psu 4 years ago that could easily power those cards for less than $200.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 clyde46

@LJS9502_basic said:

@menes777 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

New computers? Wut? A PC is more than just an OS.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 LJS9502_basic

@menes777 said:

Ok new computers???? Don't you mean new operating systems? Actually if you look at the many problems that Windows has it's because they are shooting for backwards compatibility and not just for gaming. Nevertheless the point is still valid. PC gaming is backward compatible and consoles are not. Maybe it's a rare thing for consoles, but for PC it has always been backward compatible. Doesn't matter if you have to go through a 1000 step process it's BC. Whether you can figure it out or not it's backward compatible.

Also since you can't seem to name a single game I don't think that you actually own a PC.

Not entirely true.....Windows tries to be compatible with recent OS' but not every OS since computers started. Windows will soon stop worrying about XP in the not so distant future. Which is why they are telling people to upgrade as they won't be supporting it after spring.

Anyway my initial response still stands. Not all old PC games will play under new operating systems. And backward compatibility is rare because few consoles made use of it. Nintendo only has the last couple generations. Sony did it between 1 and 2 and for a short period with 3. MS had an emulator I believe for select games. Sega had an add on for the MS games on the Genesis. And I believe the Atari 5200 had someway to play 2600 games. But if you look at all the consoles created...that is a small number. And the dudes I originally quoted were arguing about X1 and PS4 not being BC.

And as for your last comment...what the hell do you think I'm using to type this? I doubt you ever heard of the game....but it's Shannara after a book series I like.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 LJS9502_basic

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@menes777 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

New computers? Wut? A PC is more than just an OS.

Let me ask you this Clyde....out of the box without you doing anything to it...will your current PC play an old game in and of itself or do you need a work around to play that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@menes777 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Saying PC isn't backwards compatible some games because sometimes you use extra software makes no sense. Downloading software is not equivalent to using an "add on" for a console.

Going by that logic then new computers would be unable to play many current games without an "add-on" because they use software that doesn't come with vanilla windows like nvidia physx, opengl, or just graphics drivers in general.

There will always be a way to play old games on PC, if you want to, and know how you can. Plain and simple. If it comes down to it you can run an older OS in a virtual machine on your computer and play the game in its native enviroment