Pachter Believes The Nintendo NX Will Cost Around $299

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#51 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@driftinghaze said:

@Cloud_imperium: HAHAHA!! They crapped all over Uncharted 2, then gave COD: Modern Warfare a 9.5. Originality...

That was not even Modern Warfare, but Modern Warfare 2. At least first one changed the formula and gave us new setting, MWF 2 was a reskin. Both UC2 and MWF2 came out in 2009. They said UC2 isn't original and no game with lack of originality will ever get score above 9.3 (which UC2 got) and few months later...

• Modern Warfare 2... 9.5/10

. And then:

• PS3 Game of the Year... Modern Warfare 2
  • Xbox 360 Game of the Year... Modern Warfare 2
  • PC Game of the Year... Modern Warfare 2
  • Game of the Year... Modern Warfare 2

Funny shit.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#52  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

I'd sooner take solid predictions from Sean Malstrom (and he can't stand Pachter).

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@mesome713 said:

@silversix_: You expected power from PS4 and Xbox One?

$299 would be a great price for NX.

What do you think of Pachter? A lot people don't seem to like him.

Correction: immature video game fanboys don't seem to like him.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Hmm, dunno about this, perhaps they should have stuck it out with the U until like 2019 and launch a console as powerful or more than Xbox Too & PS5.

This Nintendo plan gonna be interesting on how it all shakes out, we shall see.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

There seems to be a lot of people who "don't get it" in this thread. Nintendo has lacked 3rd party support because of their consoles power and that's it. At first the Wii had support because the PS2/Xbox consoles were still getting support. The Wii U had tons of 3rd party support until the devs moved to gen 8.

The issue with Wii U is it launched far too close to a new gen while being powered to catch up to gen 7. That was a HUGE blunder by Nintendo. (Not to mention the name fiasco and silly tablet gimmick). Launching the NX just 2 years after the PS4/Xbox One won't have the same result. It also allows Nintendo to release comparable or slightly stronger hardware at a competitive price. Why is it so hard to believe that Nintendo could sell 2013's low to mid range hardware for $299 in 2016?

Unless they are stealth launching the console next month, it's going to be at least 3 years between PS4/XB1 and the NX. I think a holiday 2016 launch for NX might even be a stretch, but we'll see.

In either case, if the NX is slated as an "equal" to PS4/XB1 - it's in big trouble again. It needs to be a next gen machine to have any long term chance. Especially if the PS4/XB1 successors might be coming in 2018. That means NX would be in very much the same position as Wii-U... i.e. too little, too late and soon to be made obsolete. If that's the best they can do, it might be better to wait until 2017 - whatever the price point is, $299, $349, $399 - it needs to be a "next gen" machine, and it better have a lineup of games already in the pipeline. Wii-U lacked in all regards.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:

I doubt they were making a profit when they dropped the price to $99.

Its starting price was $199, and yes, they were banking on the $99 one also, they even changed its colors like cray cray.

What about when Nintendo gave you a $15.00 "You've Got Money" included with the GCN. Are you calculating that into your "banking" idea?

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@emgesp said:

How do you know they were making a profit when they dropped the price to $99 which was an obviously desperate move?

He doesn't know anything about anything. Not about hardware, not about economics, nothing. Talking to him is like trying to explain something to a child. Don't waste your time.

On topic: lulz, Pachter!

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@2Chalupas said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

There seems to be a lot of people who "don't get it" in this thread. Nintendo has lacked 3rd party support because of their consoles power and that's it. At first the Wii had support because the PS2/Xbox consoles were still getting support. The Wii U had tons of 3rd party support until the devs moved to gen 8.

The issue with Wii U is it launched far too close to a new gen while being powered to catch up to gen 7. That was a HUGE blunder by Nintendo. (Not to mention the name fiasco and silly tablet gimmick). Launching the NX just 2 years after the PS4/Xbox One won't have the same result. It also allows Nintendo to release comparable or slightly stronger hardware at a competitive price. Why is it so hard to believe that Nintendo could sell 2013's low to mid range hardware for $299 in 2016?

Unless they are stealth launching the console next month, it's going to be at least 3 years between PS4/XB1 and the NX. I think a holiday 2016 launch for NX might even be a stretch, but we'll see.

In either case, if the NX is slated as an "equal" to PS4/XB1 - it's in big trouble again. It needs to be a next gen machine to have any long term chance. Especially if the PS4/XB1 successors might be coming in 2018. That means NX would be in very much the same position as Wii-U... i.e. too little, too late and soon to be made obsolete. If that's the best they can do, it might be better to wait until 2017 - whatever the price point is, $299, $349, $399 - it needs to be a "next gen" machine, and it better have a lineup of games already in the pipeline. Wii-U lacked in all regards.

As long as they unite their developer studios from Wii U and 3DS teams like they are, Nintendo can pump out a killer console that doesnt even need third party to survive. Nintendo will like always create a console that will make them profit along with designing games that will make them profit. Then with the help of Indie and other developers trying to hide from the oversaturation of games on PC, Nintendo will have a very nice games lineup every year.

If we could buy one game and play it on handheld or home console, that alone will be enough for Nintendo to bank even without third party. The rest will be icing on the cake. Sell me the console for $299 and the handheld for $199 and im sold. Ill buy them both on launch.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

People still take Pachter seriously??

Avatar image for thecouchpotater
TheCouchPotater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheCouchPotater
Member since 2015 • 239 Posts

Unless the NX has some kind of magic or a truly killer app it's going to fail at $300 USD.

I love Nintendo games, but I'm tired of shelling out for their poor hardware just so I can play those games. Therefore I'm hoping the impending NX failure is enough of a knockout to finally push them into being a third party developer/publisher.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#61 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@silversix_: OK because price determine power

If I remember correctly n64 and gc were 199.99 and were more powerful than ps1 2 and Dreamcast.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#62 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Cainetao11 believes Pachter is a drag queen at home.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@thecouchpotater said:

Unless the NX has some kind of magic or a truly killer app it's going to fail at $300 USD.

I love Nintendo games, but I'm tired of shelling out for their poor hardware just so I can play those games. Therefore I'm hoping the impending NX failure is enough of a knockout to finally push them into being a third party developer/publisher.

Good luck wishing, it wont ever happen.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#64 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@mesome713 said:

@silversix_: You expected power from PS4 and Xbox One?

$299 would be a great price for NX.

What do you think of Pachter? A lot people don't seem to like him.

Correction: immature video game fanboys don't seem to like him.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/02/03/pachter-reckons-ps4-can-render-games-at-240-fps/

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

It seems like that is the sweet spot. 3-$400

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 2Chalupas

@mesome713 said:
@thecouchpotater said:

Good luck wishing, it wont ever happen.

Of course it can. They need their next console to be a success, or anything is possible. Hell if their mobile stuff is a success and their console flops, they might lean much more that route (which would be a travesty). I'm hoping their mobile endeavor fails hard, so they aren't even tempted by that nonsense. Unfortunately that is unlikely.

The console I'm mixed about. I would love for them to make a truly great console again, one that dominates the market (not in a fad way as the Wii did, but in a SNES way in that it was the console everyone had to have). But if it doesn't dominate, I wouldn't mind if it just completely failed, to the point where they were forced to look at 3rd party options.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@2Chalupas: Not really, even if their next three consoles failed, Nintendo would still be able to continue on. Nintendo understands the importance of being your own boss and controlling your future, its why they have been in business since the 1800s.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#68 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@silversix_ said:

And people expect power from a console worth $300? Is this a joke?

if it come in 2017 it can be 2x the ps4 performance for $300, a $300 PC certainly will

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 2Chalupas

@mesome713 said:

@2Chalupas: Not really, even if their next three consoles failed, Nintendo would still be able to continue on. Nintendo understands the importance of being your own boss and controlling your future, its why they have been in business since the 1800s.

Existing as a company isn't the same thing as investing Billions R&D into a piece of gaming hardware. Their existance is not in doubt whether the NX succeeds or not. Their future in the console business, might be if the NX is a failure. The console business itself, as we know it, is not even assured beyond 1 more gen.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

@Litchie said:

And we should care about what Pachter says about anything because? Stop giving this tard attention, please. How anyone can give this guy money for guessing is beyond my understanding.

He says a lot of absurd things that I wont post at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@2Chalupas said:
@mesome713 said:

Existing as a company isn't the same thing as investing Billions R&D into a piece of gaming hardware. Their existance is not in doubt whether the NX succeeds or not. Their future in the console business, might be if the NX is a failure. The console business itself, as we know it, is not even assured beyond 1 more gen.

Im pretty sure we have nothing to fear from NX, if Nintendo can print money off the Wii U, then they can perform bout any miracle. Have no fear mate, NX will print money also.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

@thecouchpotater said:

The perfect NX killer app would be an open world 1080p/60fps Mario game. Super Mario 64 is the only reason I ever bothered wtih the N64. The first true open world Mario game in years would be more then enough to get me to buy another underpowered poorly engineered overpriced Nintendo console

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@DarthaPerkinjan: What about an open world type Zelda game? Will be fun to see what they do, they can use it to go after a Mario one next.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

Pachter Claims Nintendo NX “Is Doomed” Without Third Party Support

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@DarthaPerkinjan: What about an open world type Zelda game? Will be fun to see what they do, they can use it to go after a Mario one next.

The problem with that is they're already making one on the Wii U. It will probably look alot better on the NX, but one is already in development. Super Mario Galaxy 10+ years ago was the last true open world Mario game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@GameboyTroy said:
@Litchie said:

And we should care about what Pachter says about anything because? Stop giving this tard attention, please. How anyone can give this guy money for guessing is beyond my understanding.

He says a lot of absurd things that I wont post at all.

@GameboyTroy said:

Pachter Claims Nintendo NX “Is Doomed” Without Third Party Support

Well that didnt take long.

@DarthaPerkinjan said:
@mesome713 said:

The problem with that is they're already making one on the Wii U. It will probably look alot better on the NX, but one is already in development. Super Mario Galaxy 10+ years ago was the last true open world Mario game

What about Super Mario Galaxy 2? Although i wouldnt really consider them open world. I cant wait for open world Zelda, me and Epona running freely in an open area is gonna be epic.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#77 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

$300 is more than enough to overpower the PS4. At $200, the GTX 960 is about 25% more powerful than the PS4. And at $300, the GTX 970 is almost twice as powerful as the PS4.

tiny_rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By tiny_rick
Member since 2015 • 284 Posts

@mesome713:

sfv

ssb

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#79  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

The NX is in a catch 22, if they go affordable they might not have power to pick up significant third party support except gaining ports of PS4 and XBO games. If they beef it up to gain an edge they might effect their ability to entice on affordability. If they launch with LoZ as a killer app they stand to have a strong launch, but they also might upset some who might see it as sighting the Wii U and loyal fans who supported it. If they keep LoZ as Wii U only then they might sabotage the NX launch. They'll be walking a PR tightrope for the next year that's for sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@tiny_rick: It's not even close to Super Smash Wii U. Ryu looks 10 times better. And his animations, omg, to die for.

TheCouchPotater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TheCouchPotater

@mesome713 said:

"Being your own boss" and operating as a software developer/publisher are not mutually exclusive in the video game business. There are countless examples of extremely successful publishers and developers who do not market their own gaming hardware. If Nintendo reaches a point where their bean counters determine that going third party would net them greater profits, I would think they would go that route. Apparently they're not there yet, but I wouldn't rule it out if the NX performs as poorly as the Wii U.

As well, you've mentioned several times throughout this forum that the Wii U "prints money for Nintendo". Can you provide a source for this claim? And I don't mean that in a troll-y way, I'm genuinely curious to read more about it. Thanks!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@thecouchpotater: Nintendo makes money off every Wii U sold. Then because the games don't cost that much and sell so great, Nintendo makes even more money. Plus thanks to the Wii Us implementation of the NFC reader, Nintwnso banked even more money off Wii U.

TheCouchPotater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TheCouchPotater
@mesome713 said:

@thecouchpotater: Nintendo makes money off every Wii U sold. Then because the games don't cost that much and sell so great, Nintendo makes even more money. Plus thanks to the Wii Us implementation of the NFC reader, Nintwnso banked even more money off Wii U.

Well a guy at the corner selling loose cigarettes is making money off of every cigarette sold; that doesn't mean that the business is "printing money" for him. He could possibly be spending that time doing something else which would net him greater profits (opportunity cost), he's probably not making a whole lot of profit per cigarette, he's probably not selling all that many cigarettes per day, and so on.

That Nintendo "makes money" off of every Wii U sold doesn't tell us a whole lot, mesome. How much profit per machine sold? We know they're not selling many machines, so to "print money" I would think the profit margin on the machine would need to be very high. And the game development doesn't cost much? How much? Do you have any sources of hard information relating to their finances, and specifically their Wii U business?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@thecouchpotater: That I do not, only good faith in my girl Nintendo and the Wii Us ability to print money. It's my word bs yours, it's all we got.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#85  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

lol Pachter, I am jealous of his job though, he can get spout bs and gets it wrong & not held accountable for it. :P

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@mariokart64fan said:

@silversix_: OK because price determine power

If I remember correctly n64 and gc were 199.99 and were more powerful than ps1 2 and Dreamcast.

They both came out like 2 yrs after the PS1 and Dreamcast.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#87 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

It's not just a matter of console power, third parties are also looking at audiences. Much of the people that buy their games are already on Sony and MS's systems. If Nintendo came out with a more powerful system, that wouldn't be the only consideration third parties would be looking at. I'd argue it wouldn't even be the most important one, in fact.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#88  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

It's not just a matter of console power, third parties are also looking at audiences. Much of the people that buy their games are already on Sony and MS's systems. If Nintendo came out with a more powerful system, that wouldn't be the only consideration third parties would be looking at. I'd argue it wouldn't even be the most important one, in fact.

Nintendo needs some Nintendoes what Sony doesn't marketing. Come out chest beating with superior hardware, a bunch of exclusives (throw in 2 or 3 western focused games in the mix) and good marketing. Show us they're not just that "family friendly company". Have a commercial where Brock Lesnar breaks a Ps4 over his knee or something. There Nintendo, that's a freebie.

Give third parties the old Yakuza stare downs and tell them their games will sell on NX because consumers will know about their almighty processing power :P

The same things that worked in the 4th generation are working for Sony right now. Nintendo just flat out doesn't market well to the PS and Xbox audiences. I don't think Nintendo's some enigma that people won't care about no matter the hardware or games they offer. Not to mention the Ps5 won't be looming over it like the Ps2 was with the Dreamcast, this'll be a mid gen launch.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@emgesp said:
@SolidTy said:

Solid Price-point, but it makes me question the technology powering it if that were true.

Of course, it's also lulzpachter.

Also, dat website, hmmmm...

What's to question? It's Nintendo so its easy to assume the box won't be very powerful.

Um...I didn't say otherwise.

If it is $299 (big IF), it won't be very powerful (marginally I'd guess above the PS4/Xbone, but nothing extraordinary) and the NX would fall in line with Nintendo's typical under-powered/cheap strategy which would mean the NX won't be ready to take on the PS5/Xbox 4 when those hit. Then Nintendo would be forced to roll out ANOTHER machine after NX to compete with the PS54/Xbox 4 which means the NX would also have a shorter life like the Wii U seems to be headed for. Is Nintendo going to keep rolling out machines mid-gen killing off the NX too soon? Are Nintendo fans okay with dropping hundreds of dollars for less support? Of course, another way Nintendo could approach this is make a machine that could hopefully hold it's own against the PS5/Xbox 4, but historically that probably won't happen and it would be more expensive.

It's an easy assumption which is obvious which is why I said lulzpachter, but there is no 100% guarantee on this price or the tech.

Even Nintendo can surprise us with whatever this machine is, but I doubt they will.

Meh.

With GoFlo's 14 nm process tech (licensed from Samsung), current AMD "Carrizo" A10-8700p/FX-8800p SoC's 245 mm^2 chip size could contained 32 CU IGP.

For reference

PS4's chip size is 348 mm^2. GPU is around 212 mm^2 and around 136 mm^2 for non-GPU sections. 8 GB GDDR5-6000 (Sony down-clocks PS4's memory to GDDR5-5500 level) is a known factor. The machine is priced around $350.

XBO's chip size is 365 mm^2. About half of the chip is wasted for 32 MB ESRAM. About 229 mm^2 chip area allocate for GPU and 32 MB ESRAM.

In terms process tech and skipping 20 nm process tech, 14 nm is massive jump from 28 nm.

Straight optical shrink from 28 nm to 14 nm process tech with AMD "Carrizo" A10-8700p/FX-8800p SoC's 245 mm^2 chip. AMD "Carrizo" has 8 CUs.

Each copy-and-paste GPU block has 8 CUs, hence 32 CU.

As you can see, the rumors for NX being similar to near-top-of-the-line PC at around XBO price is possible e.g. 44 CU GPU.

Both AMD and NVIDIA skipped 20 nm TSMC. AMD has access to both GoFlo's 14 nm and TSMC's 16 nm.

In year 2016, Samsung moves towards 10 nm process tech. After 10 nm is 7 nm process tech.

For year 2018, GoFlo or TSMC is estimated to be around 10nm process tech.

AMD is already selling the next PS5 and XBOv2/XB4 idea for year 2018 to Sony and MS. AMD wants to keep Sony and MS has it's committed OEMs i.e. at least 5X perf per watt from current AMD IP.

$299 machine is possible for AMD A10-8700/FX-8800p APU replacement.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@mesome713 said:

Wii U's failure has disappointed AMD and could have offered Nintendo a sweet deal i.e. semi-custom R7-460 (R7-260 replacement ~= XBO's GPU) or R9-470 (78x0/R7-265 replacement ~= PS4's GPU). It's in AMD's interest for NX to be successful.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#91  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@ronvalencia: lol why aren't you the hardware tech adviser for Nintendo console? seems to know this stuff. :P

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@superbuuman said:

@ronvalencia: lol why aren't you the hardware tech adviser for Nintendo console? seems to know this stuff. :P

I sometimes feel Ron is an Artificial Intelligence. I can't imagine having a normal conversation with him. He talks in binary code.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@MirkoS77: Power is the only reason. If install base was the reason, why did Mass Effect and Assassins Creed skip the Wii but appear on the Wii U at launch? The Wii had a HUGE install base and at that time the Wii U sold 0 units. If they didn't have a good relationship with Nintendo, why take a chance with the Wii U? The answer is the Wii U's power allowed them to easily make ports of their games to the Wii U. The exact reason they skipped the Wii, despite its large user base. And now that we see 3rd parties leaving the PS3 and Xbox 360 behind, 3rd party support for the Wii U has disappeared. And that is because of its power. 3rd party games like Skylanders or Guitar Hero, games that don't require much horsepower, remain.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@tiny_rick: You're wasting your time with that troll.

$300 sounds nice, I suppose. If you take out the tablet controller, how much better can it be than what we have right now?

dante1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 dante1972
Member since 2004 • 934 Posts

Who cares. Nintendo is dead. All they make is shit games and re-hashes no days.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#96 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

Okay...time will tell.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#97 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@MirkoS77: Power is the only reason. If install base was the reason, why did Mass Effect and Assassins Creed skip the Wii but appear on the Wii U at launch? The Wii had a HUGE install base and at that time the Wii U sold 0 units. If they didn't have a good relationship with Nintendo, why take a chance with the Wii U? The answer is the Wii U's power allowed them to easily make ports of their games to the Wii U. The exact reason they skipped the Wii, despite its large user base. And now that we see 3rd parties leaving the PS3 and Xbox 360 behind, 3rd party support for the Wii U has disappeared. And that is because of its power. 3rd party games like Skylanders or Guitar Hero, games that don't require much horsepower, remain.

Aye, but power is just the first check. If the install base doesn't buy enough 3rd party games on a console, they're going to leave.

That's Nintendo's second dilemma. They need some powerful hardware, but they also need to make people want the NX as their one stop shop.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Solid Price-point, but it makes me question the technology powering it if that were true.

Still could be much faster than PS4,