One of the reasons Driveclub will own Forza 5

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts
[QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"][QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

DriveClub is not open world but its also not closed circuits like Forza.

Think NFS Most Wanted with some limitations.

clyde46
What about Urban Parks like Battersea in Londom ?

I hate those Xgames shit.

Why ? Shouldn't semi realist driving physics be used to hurl vehicles 30ft into the air and drive through tight spaces sideways ?
strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 strawhatlupi
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

[QUOTE="Magik85"][QUOTE="marklarmer"] I agree it needs to evolve. Im just saying that day-night cycle isnt the main thing that defines good racing game ;)marklarmer

I guess I just don't understand this obession with night/day cycles? I am a huge racing fan, and I couldn't care less about night/day cycles. These races at most only last 10-20 minutes... so why does day need to change into night while driving.

ryangcnx-2

i agree that it's not some OMG feature and really only has an impact in 24 hour/long races, but it still shows willingness to improve the visuals/lighting and level of realism, different weather would have more of an impact on that front and in terms of gameplay. I mean they even gave the excuse they didn't want to sacrifice the 60fps by including weather last gen, i don't see how they can still have that excuse now. It's just the kind of laziness that's causing the series to stagnate, and i don't see how these things are unreasonable to request when there are plenty of other games doing them. 

Dusk/dawn race doesn't necessarily required you to drive for 24 hours. It is quite appealing on rally races.
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Lulu_Lulu
Heres what I don't get about Forza: why are the actualy physics underwhelming ? Sure you get all sorts of options and setups and graphics but the actual vehicle performance bares Zero resemblence to real cars ! Its a fraud !
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#154 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

People give a shit about that? Honestly, to me personally, high quality shadows do almost nothing for games for me. Watching shadows interact with each other doesn't even qualify as eye candy. It seems like a dumb thing to waste resources on unless the hardware is so powerful and its so easy to do that it makes sense. In a room with a fixed light source, why would you add dynamic shadows to everything?

ActicEdge

Stealth games can use them very well.

The Splinter Cell games(you know before they became garbage) used them nicely, and Last Light's lighting engine is awesome both for atmosphere and how it's used in stealth.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Lulu_Lulu

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

People give a shit about that? Honestly, to me personally, high quality shadows do almost nothing for games for me. Watching shadows interact with each other doesn't even qualify as eye candy. It seems like a dumb thing to waste resources on unless the hardware is so powerful and its so easy to do that it makes sense. In a room with a fixed light source, why would you add dynamic shadows to everything?

jg4xchamp

Stealth games can use them very well.

The Splinter Cell games(you know before they became garbage) used them nicely, and Last Light's lighting engine is awesome both for atmosphere and how it's used in stealth.

Leave Splitscreen Cell alone ! Its much more awesome now !
Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#156 Rayrota
Member since 2005 • 1456 Posts

Watching you fanboys bicker is great fun, but a bit disheartening seeing two great racing series get trashed.:(

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#157 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

[QUOTE="dr_jashugan"]

I heard that FORZA 5 is an INCOMPLETE GAME! :shock:

navyguy21