One of the reasons Driveclub will own Forza 5

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

Forza 3 and 4 pissed all over Gran flopismo 5, and now Cows are trying to get a cookie, by telling everyone how superior DC is, yet it is a totally different direction game.

Fail more.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

Thanks. Its hard to judge quality from off-screen footage... why dont devs release direct feeds? Driveclub has the same problem...

I will wait for direct feeds from both games. Both need polishing from what i´ve seen.

ManatuBeard

Direct feed gameplay

and all the trailers are in-game as well.

Edit: The banter is great as well, gear head stuff and whatnot

That link doesnt open

I dont trust trailers of any game, in-game or not.

I want to see a full track being done in direct feed, not flashes of it edited into a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9r0bj9h4P8

that one should work

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 strawhatlupi
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]dont forget weather. 2 basic yet fantastic features to have in a racing game. But i guess painting your car is more important :lol:jessejay420

It most certainly is, i don't know why you'd prefer a pretty time change you'll barely see (nor care about after the first time you see it) over something that can add hours and hours of gameplay to a game (if you're into that sorta thing which Forza players tend to be).

owned! theres a reason why Forza is Critically Acclaimed. Customization. Forza players can spend hours customizing their cars to their liking. which makes it a more unique experience. any person who sees this as a negative is an idiot..plain and simple.

for a driving sim cosmetic customization (a freaking paint job) is of little substance that affect simulated driving experience. one thing i enjoy playing richard burn rally (now thats a sim) is that customization is beyond your typical pimp my ride superficial dress up fix (which forza fans keeps on flaunting here) in RBR you have to anticipate environmental conditons assess your driving skill and strategy and technically customize and optimize your car performance. unlike paints this customization had profound impact on your simulated driving experience (which we can call "gameplay"). in a driving sim dynamic environment plays a critical role in simulating natural hazard such as poor traction and poor visibilty. it adds a random variable challenge in the race. gambling on using rain tires in anticipation of a downpour can backfire if precipitation never happens. dynamic light change can affect your driving strategy as it enhances the importance of course familiarity and affect your aggresiveness in driving. with that you must do some balancing act in customizing technical stuff like top speed vs acceleration, understeering/oversteering, tire types, break strength, suspension and traction, etc.
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

Direct feed gameplay

and all the trailers are in-game as well.

Edit: The banter is great as well, gear head stuff and whatnot

R3FURBISHED

That link doesnt open

I dont trust trailers of any game, in-game or not.

I want to see a full track being done in direct feed, not flashes of it edited into a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9r0bj9h4P8

that one should work

THATS HORRIBLE!

I really hope that its youtube compression messing it up, because it looks like SHIT!

The road is big patch of uniform grey and there is pop-in everywhere. Even the off screens look better.

(Youtube has been a mess for a few months now, i really hope its youtube messing it up).

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#105 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

THATS HORRIBLE!

I really hope that its youtube compression messing it up, because it looks like SHIT!

The road is big patch of uniform grey and there is pop-in everywhere. Even the off screens look better.

(Youtube has been a mess for a few months now, i really hope its youtube messing it up).

ManatuBeard

I would hardly call it horrible, its not as good as it will look on a HD TV as that will be 1080p @ 60fps while that youtube video is 720p @ 30fps.

You can still see what the game is and the pop-in is because its an old build.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

ajlo09.gif

3 consoles and 5 games later and Forza still doesn't have such a basic standard feature. Why can't the cloud handle a day-night cycle?

NathanDrakeSwag

Durrr, here's a game that has a full day night cycle that's actually useful since it's open world, I took this pic in-game:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Forza will kick the living crap out of DC. I'm not sure why you're bothering, T10 are an elite dev.

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
I don't get the whole Forza FPS vs Driveclub FPS. It is normally from the Xbox fanboy camp that brings this up about how Forza is running at 60FPS and it shows that Driveclub sucks so therefore the PS4 sucks... No just No. For starters Driveclub is a open world game, so all the game world is loaded at the same time unlike the simple one level approach that is in Forza, Also Driveclub is running a lot more effects like global illumination, time or day and real time weather effects while Forza doesn't have any weather effects and no time of day change and still has sun baked lighting from the PS2 and original Xbox days. Both games look good but people need to think alittle, There is a reason why a alpha version of Driveclub that was shown which is a open world game and running more effects had less FPS then the more completed Forza build which has close circuits and san baked textures and not many next gen features. If BF4 is running at 60 FPS confirmed on both next gen consoles and considering the Driveclub team has said it is aiming for 60 FPS I think the PS4 is powerful enough to do so and if it can't that's down to the developers.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 balfe1990

I don't get the whole Forza FPS vs Driveclub FPS. It is normally from the Xbox fanboy camp that brings this up about how Forza is running at 60FPS and it shows that Driveclub sucks so therefore the PS4 sucks... No just No. For starters Driveclub is a open world game, so all the game world is loaded at the same time unlike the simple one level approach that is in Forza, Also Driveclub is running a lot more effects like global illumination, time or day and real time weather effects while Forza doesn't have any weather effects and no time of day change and still has sun baked lighting from the PS2 and original Xbox days. Both games look good but people need to think alittle, There is a reason why a alpha version of Driveclub that was shown which is a open world game and running more effects had less FPS then the more completed Forza build which has close circuits and san baked textures and not many next gen features. If BF4 is running at 60 FPS confirmed on both next gen consoles and considering the Driveclub team has said it is aiming for 60 FPS I think the PS4 is powerful enough to do so and if it can't that's down to the developers. ziggyww

Is it truly open world though?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-58e448fd89d82

[QUOTE="ziggyww"]I don't get the whole Forza FPS vs Driveclub FPS. It is normally from the Xbox fanboy camp that brings this up about how Forza is running at 60FPS and it shows that Driveclub sucks so therefore the PS4 sucks... No just No. For starters Driveclub is a open world game, so all the game world is loaded at the same time unlike the simple one level approach that is in Forza, Also Driveclub is running a lot more effects like global illumination, time or day and real time weather effects while Forza doesn't have any weather effects and no time of day change and still has sun baked lighting from the PS2 and original Xbox days. Both games look good but people need to think alittle, There is a reason why a alpha version of Driveclub that was shown which is a open world game and running more effects had less FPS then the more completed Forza build which has close circuits and san baked textures and not many next gen features. If BF4 is running at 60 FPS confirmed on both next gen consoles and considering the Driveclub team has said it is aiming for 60 FPS I think the PS4 is powerful enough to do so and if it can't that's down to the developers. balfe1990

Is it truly open world though?

Nope.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts
Driveclub is open world?
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 balfe1990

Driveclub is open world?freedomfreak

Nope.AMD655

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ziggyww
Driveclub is open world?freedomfreak
No It doesn't seem to be so. I honestly thought it was and was sure it was and just double checked and it seem to not be. The rest of the points are valid though about a Alpha version of the game with more effects running less FPS then a more complete build of Forza still though is just a silly thing to try and compare.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 freedomfreak  Online
Reported ziggy for spreading false information.
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#114 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Nope.

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ziggyww
Reported ziggy for spreading false information.freedomfreak
HAHAHAHAHA all that does is show how much of a baby you are...Thats the same as running of to the teacher and being a grass over something so small and sad. I'm not going to take that seriously because I doubt you have but if you have, do you think anything is going to happen. Stop being a kid and grow up lol
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 balfe1990

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Reported ziggy for spreading false information.ziggyww
HAHAHAHAHA all that does is show how much of a baby you are...Thats the same as running of to the teacher and being a grass over something so small and sad. I'm not going to take that seriously because I doubt you have but if you have, do you think anything is going to happen. Stop being a kid and grow up lol

Reported for being a big meanie to FF

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 ziggyww

[QUOTE="ziggyww"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Reported ziggy for spreading false information.balfe1990

Can't help but think this advert is based of you two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_GvBoltGYU

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

Reported ziggy for spreading false information.freedomfreak

DriveClub is not open world but its also not closed circuits like Forza.

Think NFS Most Wanted with some limitations.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 balfe1990

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="ziggyww"] HAHAHAHAHA all that does is show how much of a baby you are...Thats the same as running of to the teacher and being a grass over something so small and sad. I'm not going to take that seriously because I doubt you have but if you have, do you think anything is going to happen. Stop being a kid and grow up lolziggyww

Proper protocol was adhered to. The seatbelt infraction could have posed a serious health risk to the two young gentlemen.

One of them assessed the situation and calculated the risk, and came to the right conclusion. Those two young and reckless women probably ended up wrapped around a tree down the road.

Thanks for sharing the vid, you've made me realise what a viable threat Stranger Danger can be.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#120 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

Forza 3 and 4 pissed all over Gran flopismo 5, and now Cows are trying to get a cookie, by telling everyone how superior DC is, yet it is a totally different direction game.

Fail more.

AMD655

I wouldn't expect Forza Motorsport 5 to score as high as the previous ones if i were you, most critics gave them an ultimatum with FM4 that unless they added major things like weather and day/night the series would not continue to be held in such high regard, they seem to have completely ignored that, and will pay the price when most of the reviews are sub-80%. I wouldn't be surprised to see both DriveClub and GT6 outscore it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Reported ziggy for spreading false information.ManatuBeard

What about Urban Parks like Battersea in Londom ?
Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts
While i agree that day-night cycle and weather adds alot, it wont do much if the games drives poor. The most important thing in drving game is...driving. And Forza always was one of the finest console games in that aspect.
Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Forza is a proven franchise. I think you guys might be heaping too many expectations onto Driveclub.

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ziggyww

[QUOTE="ziggyww"]

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

balfe1990

Proper protocol was adhered to. The seatbelt infraction could have posed a serious health risk to the two young gentlemen.

One of them assessed the situation and calculated the risk, and came to the right conclusion. Those two young and reckless women probably ended up wrapped around a tree down the road.

Thanks for sharing the vid, you've made me realise what a viable threat Stranger Danger can be.

hahaha that did make me chuckle. hopefully they got alittle further then the end of the street though.
strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 strawhatlupi
why cant we have an awesome driving physics and dynamic environment together? its the freaking 8 gen already. GT5 have it... even RBR have it and its driving physics is far more superior than both GT5 and Forza combine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
[QUOTE="strawhatlupi"]why cant we have an awesome driving physics and dynamic environment together? its the freaking 8 gen already. GT5 have it... even RBR have it and its driving physics is far more superior than both GT5 and Forza combine.

GT5 is not dynamic at all.... Even worse it looks like stale bread.
strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 strawhatlupi
[QUOTE="AMD655"][QUOTE="strawhatlupi"]why cant we have an awesome driving physics and dynamic environment together? its the freaking 8 gen already. GT5 have it... even RBR have it and its driving physics is far more superior than both GT5 and Forza combine.

GT 5 have dynamic downpour on some tracks base on percent probability. it also have dynamic night/day transition which can be time compress again on selected tracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
[QUOTE="strawhatlupi"][QUOTE="AMD655"][QUOTE="strawhatlupi"]why cant we have an awesome driving physics and dynamic environment together? its the freaking 8 gen already. GT5 have it... even RBR have it and its driving physics is far more superior than both GT5 and Forza combine.

GT 5 have dynamic downpour on some tracks base on percent probability. it also have dynamic night/day transition which can be time compress again on selected tracks

And the game looks like ass, and had longer loading times than anything on a previous generation system.
strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 strawhatlupi
[QUOTE="AMD655"][QUOTE="strawhatlupi"][QUOTE="AMD655"] GT5 is not dynamic at all.... Even worse it looks like stale bread.

And the game looks like ass, and had longer loading times than anything on a previous generation system.

if you have the patience to tune up and customize your car performance in GT5 loading time is trivial. im not a graphic wore, GT5 looks fine to me. in fact Forzas graphic tried to be overly dramatic which for me looks exagerated and artificial. GT5 bland graphics look more photorealistic for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
[QUOTE="strawhatlupi"][QUOTE="AMD655"][QUOTE="strawhatlupi"] GT 5 have dynamic downpour on some tracks base on percent probability. it also have dynamic night/day transition which can be time compress again on selected tracks

if you have the patience to tune up and customize your car performance in GT5 loading time is trivial. im not a graphic wore, GT5 looks fine to me. in fact Forzas graphic tried to be overly dramatic which for me looks exagerated and artificial. GT5 bland graphics look more photorealistic for me.

Wel i am glad you can cope with it, it is tragically removing from the experience.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Day night cycle...? I place no importance on this whatsoever. 

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Reported ziggy for spreading false information.Lulu_Lulu

What about Urban Parks like Battersea in Londom ?

I hate those Xgames shit.
strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 strawhatlupi
[QUOTE="AMD655"][QUOTE="strawhatlupi"][QUOTE="AMD655"] And the game looks like ass, and had longer loading times than anything on a previous generation system.

Wel i am glad you can cope with it, it is tragically removing from the experience.

you can try installing GT5 on your PS3 to speed up load time (assuming you havent try that before) my GT5 load time is comparable to Mass Effect load time base on my experience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
[QUOTE="strawhatlupi"][QUOTE="AMD655"][QUOTE="strawhatlupi"] if you have the patience to tune up and customize your car performance in GT5 loading time is trivial. im not a graphic wore, GT5 looks fine to me. in fact Forzas graphic tried to be overly dramatic which for me looks exagerated and artificial. GT5 bland graphics look more photorealistic for me.

you can try installing GT5 on your PS3 to speed up load time (assuming you havent try that before) my GT5 load time is comparable to Mass Effect load time base on my experience.

The load time is exactly the damn same as not installing it. Mass effect? never played it on a console, but if this is the standard o.0 fvck playing any multi plats on PS3, thank hell i have a PC for those games. I hope GT6 is better.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 freedomfreak  Online
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Reported ziggy for spreading false information.ziggyww

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 strawhatlupi
[QUOTE="AMD655"][QUOTE="strawhatlupi"][QUOTE="AMD655"] Wel i am glad you can cope with it, it is tragically removing from the experience.

The load time is exactly the damn same as not installing it. Mass effect? never played it on a console, but if this is the standard o.0 fvck playing any multi plats on PS3, thank hell i have a PC for those games. I hope GT6 is better.

while perceiving time is relative. some actually monitor the significant effect of installing the game to loading time and make a quantitative approximation. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-gt5-installation-blog-entry
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
Talk about grasping at straws. Drive Club looks horrible.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

Talk about grasping at straws. Drive Club looks horrible.Miketheman83

Better than Forza and only 35% done, talk about ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
[QUOTE="strawhatlupi"][QUOTE="AMD655"][QUOTE="strawhatlupi"] you can try installing GT5 on your PS3 to speed up load time (assuming you havent try that before) my GT5 load time is comparable to Mass Effect load time base on my experience.

while perceiving time is relative. some actually monitor the significant effect of installing the game to loading time and make a quantitative approximation. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-gt5-installation-blog-entry

42 minute install. 40 second difference. "For a game where the developer has put so much effort into the installation process, it's really puzzling that there is no full-install option; it's hard to believe that it would not solve all of the problems at a stroke. Once a game mode has been opened up, or a car previewed, it is stored on the HDD and re-accessing it is swift and trouble-free. However, by choosing to install selected data piecemeal to the hard drive, the problem is only mitigated - it's not solved at all and the remaining dynamic installs are still intrusive and annoying. The issue tends to sort itself out through extended gameplay - presumably as the HDD cache begins to fill based on your activities. A complete install would obviously take much longer than the existing 40-50 minutes, but it would ensure a better experience right from the get-go."
strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 strawhatlupi
[QUOTE="AMD655"][QUOTE="strawhatlupi"][QUOTE="AMD655"] The load time is exactly the damn same as not installing it. Mass effect? never played it on a console, but if this is the standard o.0 fvck playing any multi plats on PS3, thank hell i have a PC for those games. I hope GT6 is better.

42 minute install. 40 second difference. "For a game where the developer has put so much effort into the installation process, it's really puzzling that there is no full-install option; it's hard to believe that it would not solve all of the problems at a stroke. Once a game mode has been opened up, or a car previewed, it is stored on the HDD and re-accessing it is swift and trouble-free. However, by choosing to install selected data piecemeal to the hard drive, the problem is only mitigated - it's not solved at all and the remaining dynamic installs are still intrusive and annoying. The issue tends to sort itself out through extended gameplay - presumably as the HDD cache begins to fill based on your activities. A complete install would obviously take much longer than the existing 40-50 minutes, but it would ensure a better experience right from the get-go."

i think it says it halves the loading time from 80 sec to 40 sec or something. 50% is significant if you ask me.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 marklarmer

While i agree that day-night cycle and weather adds alot, it wont do much if the games drives poor. The most important thing in drving game is...driving. And Forza always was one of the finest console games in that aspect.Magik85
Yeah it may have always been good in that respect, but the series has reached a point now where it needs to evolve, practically every critic is saying exactly that. They also need to move away from the stupid 2 year dev cycle because each iteration is just becoming a greater example of wasted potential, and with a team of like 400 there's no excuse. 

If i were in charge of the next Forza i would be screaming at them to add a whole load of things from helmet/overall/pit crew customization, team/driver management with logo design/sponsorship, proper race strategys with multiple tyre compounds/fuel loads, more real race series/tracks, a better sense of career progression, weather/day/night and different track surfaces.

Adding a few more cars and tracks just doesn't cut it, especially when there are so many racing games out there doing so much more, even if they're not doing them all that well, at least they're trying to evolve.

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 strawhatlupi

[QUOTE="Magik85"]While i agree that day-night cycle and weather adds alot, it wont do much if the games drives poor. The most important thing in drving game is...driving. And Forza always was one of the finest console games in that aspect.marklarmer

Yeah it may have always been good in that respect, but the series has reached a point now where it needs to evolve, practically every critic is saying exactly that. They also need to move away from the stupid 2 year dev cycle because each iteration is just becoming a greater example of wasted potential, and with a team of like 400 there's no excuse. 

If i were in charge of the next Forza i would be screaming at them to add a whole load of things from helmet/overall/pit crew customization, team/driver management with logo design/sponsorship, proper race strategys with multiple tyre compounds/fuel loads, more real race series/tracks, a better sense of career progression, weather/day/night and different track surfaces.

Adding a few more cars and tracks just doesn't cut it, especially when there are so many racing games out there doing so much more, even if they're not doing them all that well, at least they're trying to evolve.

i enjoy GT5 B specs, its a welcome break from driving and it makes you feel like your playing as a racing team manager coaching your driver in the race. GT5 have most of what you say... multiple tyre, tyre wear and fuel consumptions on endurance races, weather/day/night (on some tracks)... still it lacks tremendously on other department.
Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#143 Rayrota
Member since 2005 • 1456 Posts

ajlo09.gif

3 consoles and 5 games later and Forza still doesn't have such a basic standard feature. Why can't the cloud handle a day-night cycle?

NathanDrakeSwag

No, just no. You're trying too hard, mate.

vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

ps+ will give free for a month... that's the only advantage...

forza will be better

Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts

]Yeah it may have always been good in that respect, but the series has reached a point now where it needs to evolve, practically every critic is saying exactly that. They also need to move away from the stupid 2 year dev cycle because each iteration is just becoming a greater example of wasted potential, and with a team of like 400 there's no excuse. 

marklarmer
I agree it needs to evolve. Im just saying that day-night cycle isnt the main thing that defines good racing game ;)
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#146 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

ajlo09.gif

NathanDrakeSwag

real sweet huh

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

I guess I just don't understand this obession with night/day cycles? I am a huge racing fan, and I couldn't care less about night/day cycles. These races at most only last 10-20 minutes... so why does day need to change into night while driving.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]DriveClub is an arcade racer. Forza is a racing sim. We're talking two completely different kinds of games that honestly should not be compared.Shewgenja
^ This guy is right.

While Forza is a very fun game it is far from a racing sim.
strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 strawhatlupi

I guess I just don't understand this obession with night/day cycles? I am a huge racing fan, and I couldn't care less about night/day cycles. These races at most only last 10-20 minutes... so why does day need to change into night while driving.

ryangcnx-2
i did try one time to simulate a pseudo 24hrs le mans endurance race on GT5. and transition of day/night provide an additional challenge and affect my driving strategies.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 marklarmer

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

]Yeah it may have always been good in that respect, but the series has reached a point now where it needs to evolve, practically every critic is saying exactly that. They also need to move away from the stupid 2 year dev cycle because each iteration is just becoming a greater example of wasted potential, and with a team of like 400 there's no excuse. 

Magik85

I agree it needs to evolve. Im just saying that day-night cycle isnt the main thing that defines good racing game ;)

ryangcnx-2

i agree that it's not some OMG feature and really only has an impact in 24 hour/long races, but it still shows willingness to improve the visuals/lighting and level of realism, different weather would have more of an impact on that front and in terms of gameplay. I mean they even gave the excuse they didn't want to sacrifice the 60fps by including weather last gen, i don't see how they can still have that excuse now. It's just the kind of laziness that's causing the series to stagnate, and i don't see how these things are unreasonable to request when there are plenty of other games doing them.Â