One of the reasons Driveclub will own Forza 5

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

I just want more Motorstorm :x

raging_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 raging_user
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

HOLY SHIT IT'S NOW 4PM

55090_1.gif

:roll:

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

free to play + motorstorm dev.

lulz, good luck on that ownage.

;)

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 strawhatlupi
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

I just want more Motorstorm :x

Quaker-w00ts
yeap that will be pretty awesome. im tired with this NFS rip off. if they want to go arcady might as well go full crazy about it.
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

lol

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#56 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts
[QUOTE="speedfreak48t5p"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

That cows are glomming onto Driveclub just shows how crushing Gran Turismo's defeat really was.

bigmoobys

lol lets expand forza into rally direction

They did that already. The Rally Pack from Forza Horizon. And it was great.
ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

ajlo09.gif

3 consoles and 5 games later and Forza still doesn't have such a basic standard feature. Why can't the cloud handle a day-night cycle?

NathanDrakeSwag
LOL @ nathandrakeswag thread!!!
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
3 consolez n' 5 game later n' Forza still don't have such a funky-ass basic standard feature. Why can't tha cloud handle a thugged-out day-night cycle?NathanDrakeSwag
Stupid Cow
dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

I heard that FORZA 5 is an INCOMPLETE GAME! :shock:

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

dr_jashugan

Gold required to access single player now :lol:

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 strawhatlupi

dr_jashugan

looks like MS find a loophole in their backtracking on mandatory always online/mandatory paywall requirements.

i pity the lems... seriously.

NTSC-U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 NTSC-U
Member since 2008 • 490 Posts

lol at removing my post, what's the point?

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts
Drive Club... ..... Bwahahahahahaha!!! :lol: Drive Club doesnt even hold a candle to Forza 5. hundreds of cars vs. 50 cars 60fps vs. 30fps Critically acclaimed Dev vs. Mediocre Dev Forza is going to mop the floor with flop club :lol: i cant wait to see those two idiots Nathandrakeswag and Legalize damage control when FM5 outscores Flop Club :lol: (bookmarked for future ownage)
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Let me get this straight: A feature that has no impact on the actual gameplay will make Driving Club a better driving game.

311.gif

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jessejay420

2 consoles and 12 years later and Evolution Studios still havent made an AAA :lol:

owned :cool:

RR360DD
:lol: Cows actually think Drive Club will be better than Forza 5 Looks like Cows are stting themselves up for Ownage :lol:
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 jessejay420

Let me get this straight: A feature that has no impact on the actual gameplay will make Driving Club a better driving game.

311.gif

DarkLink77
LoL its pretty much a desperate attempt to dicredit the forza series. meanwhile,Forza has won 3 RGOTY awards this gen alone. Cows = Failed
strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 strawhatlupi

311.gif

DarkLink77
i think the point of this features in regards to cosmetic is that they are effective method of enhancing visual immersion... the reason why gamers demand hardware to upgrade because we aspire for more visual realism. if gamers trully just want "gameplay" then theirs no point upgrading to a machine with powerhouse gpu. for an arcade racing dynamic environment probably just serve as cosmetic features, but for racing sim it adds something in gameplay. weather for example can affect physics of tire grips hence car settings. dynamic lighting (day/night cycle) adds extra challenge to the course by affecting visibility in a dynamic way hence driving strategy. in a long dusk race for example, you might choose to drive aggressively when visibilty is still good then defensively as it gets dark.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 jessejay420

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

311.gif

strawhatlupi

i think the point of this features in regards to cosmetic is that they are effective method of enhancing visual immersion... the reason why gamers demand hardware to upgrade because we aspire for more visual realism. if gamers trully just want "gameplay" then theirs no point upgrading to a machine with powerhouse gpu. for an arcade racing dynamic environment probably just serve as cosmetic features, but for racing sim it adds something in gameplay. weather for example can affect physics of tire grips hence car settings. dynamic lighting (day/night cycle) adds extra challenge to the course by affecting visibility in a dynamic way hence driving strategy. in a long dusk race for example, you might choose to drive aggressively when visibilty is still good then defensively as it gets dark.

the same arguement can be made against drive club in regards to framerate and  total number of cars in the game.

using your logic,theres no point in upgrading to a new machine if the game is 30 frames per second and only has 50 cars

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 strawhatlupi

[QUOTE="strawhatlupi"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

311.gif

jessejay420

the same arguement can be made against drive club in regards to framerate and  total number of cars in the game.

using your logic,theres no point in upgrading to a new machine if the game is 30 frames per second and only has 50 cars

by im talking about visual immersion... not content (cars) or performance (frame rates). dynamic representation of the sun setting is more visually immersing than a static one. the fact that this features are staple in the ps2/xbox era. gamers expect that next gen is more up to the task of rendering it rather than totally removing. and like i said sim racing is more simmy withdynamic environment
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17461 Posts

[QUOTE="dr_jashugan"]

NathanDrakeSwag

Was proven false a while ago....
Sonysexual1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Sonysexual1
Member since 2013 • 811 Posts

Drive Club... ..... Bwahahahahahaha!!! :lol: Drive Club doesnt even hold a candle to Forza 5. hundreds of cars vs. 50 cars 60fps vs. 30fps Critically acclaimed Dev vs. Mediocre Dev Forza is going to mop the floor with flop club :lol: i cant wait to see those two idiots Nathandrakeswag and Legalize damage control when FM5 outscores Flop Club :lol: (bookmarked for future ownage)jessejay420

Forza is gonna fail sales-wise, along with every xbox ONe exclusive. 

MisterMeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 MisterMeek
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Forza should be better cause the cars move, drive club will not be as fun because it mainly focuses on the sun moving and the car sitting at the side of the road.
Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

Turn 10>>>> Evolution 

pl4yer_f0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 pl4yer_f0und
Member since 2009 • 990 Posts

Why the hell does a racing game even need that? 99.9% of all races are under 1 hour long.

Prebake all of the lighting and spend the saved resources on higher polygon car models and better looking environments. Prebaking isn't a bad thing. It's extremely effective in making fantastic looking graphics. Only fanboys on the internet care if something is prebaked. It's all about the final picture, not the means.

Wasdie
This exactly. I have GT5 and nfs shift 2, and I almost never do night or weather races in those games. I bought GT5 just for it too, but seriously it's not THAT big of a deal.Those features are only useful for endurance races, and I almost never have time for that. It's a great feature and I believe Forza could benefit greatly from it, but there are other more important issues that I would like turn 10 to fix.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

ajlo09.gif

3 consoles and 5 games later and Forza still doesn't have such a basic standard feature. Why can't the cloud handle a day-night cycle?

NathanDrakeSwag
drive club isnt beating anything. i played that game at comiccon....i dont even think its better than motorstorm
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

dont forget weather. 2 basic yet fantastic features to have in a racing game. But i guess painting your car is more important :lol:campzor

It most certainly is, i don't know why you'd prefer a pretty time change you'll barely see (nor care about after the first time you see it) over something that can add hours and hours of gameplay to a game (if you're into that sorta thing which Forza players tend to be).

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 jessejay420

Turn 10>>>> Evolution 

Samus3D
pretty much this in a nutshell
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 jessejay420

[QUOTE="campzor"]dont forget weather. 2 basic yet fantastic features to have in a racing game. But i guess painting your car is more important :lol:Snugenz

It most certainly is, i don't know why you'd prefer a pretty time change you'll barely see (nor care about after the first time you see it) over something that can add hours and hours of gameplay to a game (if you're into that sorta thing which Forza players tend to be).

owned! theres a reason why Forza is Critically Acclaimed. Customization. Forza players can spend hours customizing their cars to their liking. which makes it a more unique experience. any person who sees this as a negative is an idiot..plain and simple.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 jessejay420
[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

[QUOTE="dr_jashugan"]

navyguy21

Was proven false a while ago....

lol owned again
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

driveclub :lol:

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]dont forget weather. 2 basic yet fantastic features to have in a racing game. But i guess painting your car is more important :lol:jessejay420

owned! theres a reason why Forza is Critically Acclaimed. Customization. Forza players can spend hours customizing their cars to their liking. which makes it a more unique experience. any person who sees this as a negative is an idiot..plain and simple.

:lol: borza players prefer to pretty up their ride instead of driving in different conditions confirmed. yeee, cause having different driving conditions (wet roads , less visibility etc..) + different atmosphere (night driving and/or weather effects) are totally not unique experiences.. Painting cars is much better :roll:
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 navyguy21
[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="Snugenz"]

campzor

:lol: borza players prefer to pretty up their ride instead of driving in different conditions confirmed. yeee, cause having different driving conditions (wet roads , less visibility etc..) + different atmosphere (night driving and/or weather effects) are totally not unique experiences.. Painting cars is much better :roll:

Why cant you just prefer one over the other? Why does one have to be better? What good is painting or day/night cycles if the game sucks?
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

Forza doesn't have the basic features because it's a rushed title, IMO they need to work on it for 2 more years in order for it to compete with Driveclub

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 navyguy21

Forza doesn't have the basic features because it's a rushed title, IMO they need to work on it for 2 more years in order for it to compete with Driveclub

Davekeeh
And what was Horizon? Need for Speed? GT5? and a host of other games that have it? Maybe it was just a design choice?
reggy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 reggy72
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts

Davekeeh
Ahh, Davekeeh, the reason I've decided to go with the xb-one, the thought of meeting this prick online on the ps4 is simply too much for me to bear.
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#87 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6060 Posts
I like GT better than forza, but I can tell you that between DC and forza, forza will be the better game.
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts
[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="jessejay420"] owned! theres a reason why Forza is Critically Acclaimed. Customization. Forza players can spend hours customizing their cars to their liking. which makes it a more unique experience. any person who sees this as a negative is an idiot..plain and simple.

Why cant you just prefer one over the other? Why does one have to be better? What good is painting or day/night cycles if the game sucks?

Asking questions like that enough times in System Wars will affect your mental health, doubt the existance of a god and question the universe.

Lose all hope because now you are in System Wars.

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

Have we seen any REAL gameplay footage of Forza 5?

I only saw the video from the reveal, but that video was 90% pre-rendered and didnt show any actual gameplay.

Have they released any gameplay vid? Can anyone link it please?

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#90 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I only saw the video from the reveal, but that video was 90% pre-rendered and didnt show any actual gameplay.

ManatuBeard

The trailers are in-game and there are plenty of gameplay videos from E3

E3 Trailer

GameSpot's E3 interview with Turn 10

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 navyguy21

ManatuBeard
Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu_1rysu5_Q http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBkdXKWH00s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nJFcMAmFuw
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Forza definitely proves to be a cheap worthless racer because of no night racing.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 R3FURBISHED

The lighting and shadows in the cockpit in Forza 5 is really amazing. I love the reflections of the dash, steering wheel, and drivers hands off the front glass.

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ManatuBeard

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

navyguy21

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu_1rysu5_Q http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBkdXKWH00s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nJFcMAmFuw

Thanks. Its hard to judge quality from off-screen footage... why dont devs release direct feeds? Driveclub has the same problem...

I will wait for direct feeds from both games. Both need polishing from what i´ve seen.

MasterX666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 MasterX666
Member since 2013 • 359 Posts

bro driveclub looks like a ps3 game.

kingoflife9

Not as much as your Killer Instinct

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

ManatuBeard

Thanks. Its hard to judge quality from off-screen footage... why dont devs release direct feeds? Driveclub has the same problem...

I will wait for direct feeds from both games. Both need polishing from what i´ve seen.

Direct feed gameplay

and all the trailers are in-game as well.

Edit: The banter is great as well, gear head stuff and whatnot

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

[QUOTE="kingoflife9"]

MasterX666

Killer Instinct looks like a n64 game. Get your shit right.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="MasterX666"]

[QUOTE="kingoflife9"]

RoslindaleOne

Killer Instinct looks like a n64 game. Get your shit right.

just because I can (regardless of the seriousness of any of the posts)

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ManatuBeard

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"] Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu_1rysu5_Q http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBkdXKWH00s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nJFcMAmFuwR3FURBISHED

Direct feed gameplay

and all the trailers are in-game as well.

Edit: The banter is great as well, gear head stuff and whatnot

That link doesnt open

I dont trust trailers of any game, in-game or not.

I want to see a full track being done in direct feed, not flashes of it edited into a trailer.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I can't wait to call people Driveatards. =PTessellation
you're a moderator and don't know the rules? that's more shocking.

Neither do cows but no one seems to care