omg, duudes check this out!!! What SONY has instored for us!!

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kar008
Member since 2004 • 526 Posts

PSN boss Eric Lempel acknowledges the importance of an achievement system - something for which Xbox 360 is heavily praised - but says Sony has plans that "go well beyond a single score."

We already know that Sony's long-awaited PS3 Home application (that virtual world app that seems to be taking forever to arrive) will have a trophy system that will reward gamers for in-game achievements with trophies for their Home space. But Sony has more up its sleeve.

"I recognize that there are a few features that PS3 users have asked for that we haven't delivered yet," admitted Lempel.

"We have a lot of features in different stages of development that I think our users will be very excited about," he said in an interview with Next Generation.

"I know that an achievement system is very important to our consumers. With Home, and in addition to Home, we have some very exciting programs planned to recognize our consumers' gaming skills and loyalty in new ways that go well beyond a single score."

That sounds exciting. It would be brilliant if you got, say, money credited to your PSN account for finishing games - you know, a real-life reward. That'd get you playing.

Lempel did not disclose any further details, but Sony CEO Howard Stringer has promised, "2008 will be a big year in many ways for PlayStation Network."

WOW!!! i hope what he says is true, money credited to our psn accounts..

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/playstation-3/news/ps3-achievements-to-go-well-beyond-360/a-2008011415131710038/g-20060314115917309058

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Knowing Sony, they wouldn't do the money idea. My bet is that they'll have contests from time to time, and whoever wins will get exclusive items for Home or something.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

PSN boss Eric Lempel acknowledges the importance of an achievement system - something for which Xbox 360 is heavily praised - but says Sony has plans that "go well beyond a single score."

We already know that Sony's long-awaited PS3 Home application (that virtual world app that seems to be taking forever to arrive) will have a trophy system that will reward gamers for in-game achievements with trophies for their Home space. But Sony has more up its sleeve.

"I recognize that there are a few features that PS3 users have asked for that we haven't delivered yet," admitted Lempel.

"We have a lot of features in different stages of development that I think our users will be very excited about," he said in an interview with Next Generation.

"I know that an achievement system is very important to our consumers. With Home, and in addition to Home, we have some very exciting programs planned to recognize our consumers' gaming skills and loyalty in new ways that go well beyond a single score."

That sounds exciting. It would be brilliant if you got, say, money credited to your PSN account for finishing games - you know, a real-life reward. That'd get you playing.

Lempel did not disclose any further details, but Sony CEO Howard Stringer has promised, "2008 will be a big year in many ways for PlayStation Network."

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/playstation-3/news/ps3-achievements-to-go-well-beyond-360/a-2008011415131710038/g-20060314115917309058

kar008

did you create this thread just because i asked for a link when you said that sony had trophies planed a long time ago? you see this link you gave us is from   january 2008 while the xbox was launched in 2005.... so yeah sony did copy achievements

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kar008
[QUOTE="kar008"]

st1ka

did you create this thread just because i asked for a link when you said that sony had trophies planed a long time ago? you see this link you gave us is from   january 2008 while the xbox was launched in 2005.... so yeah sony did copy achievements

nope this topic deserved another thread..
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kar008
ok fine sony copied achievements :( u win..
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
Real money as a reward? lol. would be nice, but I doubt it.
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SporkFireXPS
Member since 2004 • 536 Posts
[QUOTE="kar008"]

st1ka

did you create this thread just because i asked for a link when you said that sony had trophies planed a long time ago? you see this link you gave us is from january 2008 while the xbox was launched in 2005.... so yeah sony did copy achievements

I know this wasn't directed at me but what's your point? Microsoft didn't invent this achievement system, it wasn't an orginal idea, its been around since the Atari days. So stop acting like the Xbox 360 was the first to come out with an achievment system.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="kar008"]

SporkFireXPS

did you create this thread just because i asked for a link when you said that sony had trophies planed a long time ago? you see this link you gave us is from january 2008 while the xbox was launched in 2005.... so yeah sony did copy achievements

I know this wasn't directed at me but what's your point? Microsoft didn't invent this achievement system, it wasn't an orginal idea, its been around since the Atari days. So stop acting like the Xbox 360 was the first to come out with an achievment system.

where did i say it was? the Wiimote wasn't the first wireless nor the first motion controlled controller either, but it was the one that established the technology, the same goes for the achievements

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

Lol, Anyone remember HipHopGamer's words? Remember how he said according to a source, Sony was implementing some sort of reward system based on trophies were if you gain a certain amount of trophies you might unlock a new area in HOME or gain some DLC for free or sumthing like that? Remember how we all laughed and called BS and claimed other sites would have reported this news already? yeah, well I want to say that so far HipHopGamer has been owning this entire board since everything he has predicted has so far been confirmed, lets go down the checklist:

GoW3 graphics are insane, might be teaser trailer quality - check!

Full trophy support starting Jan 2009 - check!

Trophy reward system - check!

PS3 price cut $399 model will be 160gb and $299 model will be 80gb - check! (sony denies, but other sources say it)

I think this guy is on a roll!

Now we just need to hear about Mass Effect on PS3 and GTA5 being PS3 exclusive (doubt that one :P )

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=571

SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SporkFireXPS
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="st1ka"]

st1ka

where did i say it was? the Wiimote wasn't the first wireless nor the first motion controlled controller either, but it was the one that established the technology, the same goes for the achievements

Yea so my point is you can't say Sony copied Microsoft on the achievment system because that is not true.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

SporkFireXPS

Yea so my point is you can't say Sony copied Microsoft on the achievment system because that is not true.

of course i can, because they did

atari created the first controller, are you going to tell me now that every console known to man simply copied the 2600's controller? when most of them actually look like they copied the SNES controller

it's like saying the sixaxis copied the powerglove

SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SporkFireXPS
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="st1ka"] where did i say it was? the Wiimote wasn't the first wireless nor the first motion controlled controller either, but it was the one that established the technology, the same goes for the achievements

st1ka

atari created the first controller, are you going to tell me now that every console known to man simply copied the 2600's controller? when most of them actually look like they copied the SNES controller

They may have been "inspired" by how Microsoft implemented the achievment system but they certainly did not copy it because they never invented it to begin with. Those are two different things.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="kar008"]

I didn't know Atari consoles gave you points for completely certain taskes preset by developers; then kept track of those points under your Atari gamertag.
UnamedThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UnamedThing
Member since 2008 • 1761 Posts

Lol, Anyone remember HipHopGamer's words? Remember how he said according to a source, Sony was implementing some sort of reward system based on trophies were if you gain a certain amount of trophies you might unlock a new area in HOME or gain some DLC for free or sumthing like that? Remember how we all laughed and called BS and claimed other sites would have reported this news already? yeah, well I want to say that so far HipHopGamer has been owning this entire board since everything he has predicted has so far been confirmed, lets go down the checklist:

Full trophy support starting Jan 2008 - check!

PS3 price cut $399 model will be 160gb and $299 model will be 80gb - check! (sony denies, but other sources say it)

Now we just need to hear about Mass Effect on PS3 and GTA5 being PS3 exclusive (doubt that one :P )

II_Seraphim_II

Trophy's are supported for like five games. That's not FULL trophy support.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 st1ka

SporkFireXPS

They may have been "inspired" by how Microsoft implemented the achievment system but they certainly did not copy it because they never invented it to begin with. Those are two different things.

you don't have to invent something for someone to copy you, or are you saying all boings 747 are still "copying" the right brothers airplane?

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kar008

SporkFireXPS

yup
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]

UnamedThing

sorry it was a typo, I meant to put Jan 2009, not 2008 :P It starts next year :D
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kar008
why do i have 14 games with trophy support then?
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]

UnamedThing

SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SporkFireXPS
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="st1ka"]

MortalDecay

I didn't know Atari consoles gave you points for completely certain taskes preset by developers; then kept track of those points under your Atari gamertag.

Atari didn't have points but rewarded you with cloth patches for getting high scores for games played on the Atari. This is still an achievment system, obviously it's different because of the lack of technology back then but still the same concept.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 st1ka
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="st1ka"] of course i can, because they did

kar008

yup

actually... nop
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SporkFireXPS

st1ka

you don't have to invent something for someone to copy you, or are you saying all boings 747 are still "copying" the right brothers airplane?

In some ways, yes actually. Obviously technology has advanced since then but they still use alot of the same ideas.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 II_Seraphim_II
Here is a link to the HipHopGamer thread if you want to remember how we all got owned :P http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26649130 Ownage of Doom3 proportions? Maybe....
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kar008
[QUOTE="kar008"][QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

st1ka
yup

actually... nop

so what, if they copied, they didnt do exact copy, its totally different platinum, gold , silver, bronze. and it will be put in home in ur house ur collection, its better. they made it even better. and u stop denying everything man...
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 st1ka
[QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

SporkFireXPS

Atari didn't have points but rewarded you with cloth patches for getting high scores for games played on the Atari. This is still an achievment system, obviously it's different because of the lack of technology back then but still the same concept.

it one thing to copy the concept (which yes you could say achievements copied it) however these were improved upon, whereas trophys appeared right after achivements as a direct response to them, therefore it is safe to say that trophies copied achievements (even if they are represented in a different way) rather then atari's system
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SporkFireXPS
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="MortalDecay"] I didn't know Atari consoles gave you points for completely certain taskes preset by developers; then kept track of those points under your Atari gamertag.st1ka

it one thing to copy the concept (which yes you could say achievements copied it) however these were improved upon, whereas trophys appeared right after achivements as a direct response to them, therefore it is safe to say that trophies copied achievements (even if they are represented in a different way) rather then atari's system

If you "improve upon" someone elses idea then that is copying.

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kar008
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="MortalDecay"] I didn't know Atari consoles gave you points for completely certain taskes preset by developers; then kept track of those points under your Atari gamertag.st1ka

it is a competition between microsoft and sony, they will do whatever it needs to sell their consoles more, and btw microsoft is no saint company, it pays all sites to give lower scores to ps3 games and steals our exclusives like ff13 and gta by using its money power.

ps3 will always be the best.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="kar008"] yup kar008
actually... nop

so what, if they copied, they didnt do exact copy, its totally different platinum, gold , silver, bronze. and it will be put in home in ur house ur collection, its better. they made it even better. and u stop denying everything man...

better? the level up system, gold silver and platinum are more of a sidestep rather then a step forward, as for the stuff you can put in your house it is no different then the system where you equip new clothes or acessories on your avatar. So it's really more of a sidestep rather then a step forward. And i'm not denying everything, i'm just thinking rationally
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 st1ka

SporkFireXPS

merely the concept, but if we dwelve in to that area then like i said a boing 747 is copying the right brothers concept of a machine that flies isn't it?
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SporkFireXPS

SporkFireXPS

Some people could say Sony improved upon Microsoft's idea just like Microsoft improved upon Atari's idea. So Microsoft is just as guilty as Sony.

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kar008
why, dont u prove, we copied achievements? there is nothing related to achievements in trophy system. u just get trophies for doing some thing and it is no way related to xbox achievements and it is not patented by microsoft so they dont own the idea. but yea blu - ray is patented by sony, and we will decided whether to give microsoft or not.
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

st1ka

Wow the amount of facepalm in this thread is awesome! I'm with you st1ka.

Sony probably would have not implemented the trophy system if it weren't for the success of the xbox 360 achievement system. They saw how popular it was and was like "Oh our consumers would probably enjoy it too, so lets use it!" They copied Microsoft by putting it in their system after seeing its success. I can't believe that there is a discussion over this.

Oh and I laugh at the TC for saying they will give you money back to your PSN account.

Last thing, MS also ran a contest with achievement points so saying they don't give back is ridiculous.

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kar008

spinecaton

Sony probably would have not implemented the trophy system if it weren't for the success of the xbox 360 achievement system. They saw how popular it was and was like "Oh our consumers would probably enjoy it too, so lets use it!" They copied Microsoft by putting it in their system after seeing its success. I can't believe that there is a discussion over this.

Oh and I laugh at the TC for saying they will give you money back to your PSN account.

Last thing, MS also ran a contest with achievement points so saying they don't give back is ridiculous.

I did not say they will give money, it was in the site, just use the link, read first then talk..
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 st1ka
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="st1ka"] neither is sony

[QUOTE="kar008"]company, it pays all sites to give lower scores to ps3 gamesSporkFireXPS

you have no proof of that
and steals our exclusives like ff13 and gta by using its money power.kar008
you also have no proof of that

kar008

and this is where you loose the credibility you had left

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

kar008

it is a competition between microsoft and sony, they will do whatever it needs to sell their consoles more, and btw microsoft is no saint company, it pays all sites to give lower scores to ps3 games and steals our exclusives like ff13 and gta by using its money power.

Why can't it just be that companies look at the 360 as a profit and don't see them making any money solely on making games exclusively to the PS3? And where is your proof of MS paying sites to give lower scores to PS3 games and stealing exclusives(Which were on Xbox and Nintendo consoles last gen.)?
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 spinecaton
[QUOTE="spinecaton"][QUOTE="st1ka"]

kar008

I did not say they will give money, it was in the site, just use the link, read first then talk..

For anyone thinking they will give credited back to PSN then, like I really care who said it anyway. With all the ridiculous claims in this thread from people, it was hard to keep everything straight. 

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kar008
[QUOTE="kar008"][QUOTE="spinecaton"]

spinecaton

For anyone thinking they will give credited back to PSN then, like I really care who said it anyway. With all the ridiculous claims in this thread from people, it was hard to keep everything straight. 

PSN boss Eric Lempel said it!! omg ,who is he?
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 II_Seraphim_II
Guys lets get back on topic please :D
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kar008
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"] you have no proof of that [QUOTE="kar008"] and steals our exclusives like ff13 and gta by using its money power.st1ka
you also have no proof of that

kar008

and this is where you loose the credibility you had left

duude lol chill :P stop defending ur xbox like crazy man..
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 spinecaton
[QUOTE="spinecaton"][QUOTE="kar008"] I did not say they will give money, it was in the site, just use the link, read first then talk..kar008

Ummm no he didn't...

To make it easier I color coded it, in green is what Eric Lempel said, in red is what Mike Jackson said(the guy who made the article)

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 st1ka

Why can't it just be that companies look at the 360 as a profit and don't see them making any money solely on making games exclusively to the PS3? And where is your proof of MS paying sites to give lower scores to PS3 games and stealing exclusives(Which were on Xbox and Nintendo consoles last gen.)?sargentbotk
luckily i have created a pretty good response to whenever i hear the "microsoft is evil because it steals exclusives" defense and here it goes:

watch this

check it out at 3:04 "sony does anything it can to round up third party developers to support the playstation and is able to assigne 250 companies in japan alone"

the Playstation one was launched in japan in December 4 1994, Virtua fighter (the reason as to why third party developers started focusing on 3D as the documentary says) was was launched in November 1993 care to explain how does one company with no experience in gaming what-so-ever manages to convince 250 gaming companies to produce games for a market which was thougt to be over saturaded at the time? remember: there was sega, nintendo, 3DO, the Jaguar, Pippin, all of them were either already out or nearing their launch dates and thats not even mentioning the handheld markets

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 st1ka

[ duude lol chill :P stop defending ur xbox like crazy man..kar008

lol? your the one who goes around spreading false information :?

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

IIRC MS had something to reward Gamerpoints sometime ago, I'm not sure what happened to it.

kar008

Yes, because it couldn't be the fact those PS3 games didn't deserve a higher score, It had to be evil M$ paying all sites off. they also faked the Moon Landing, killed JFK. Bombed Pearl Harbor, and covering up Aliens and Big Foot. :roll:

That is called business. It isn't stealing, it is still on the PS3, just also on the 360.

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kar008
[QUOTE="kar008"][QUOTE="spinecaton"]

spinecaton

Ummm no he didn't...

To make it easier I color coded it, in green is what Eric Lempel said, in red is what Mike Jackson said(the guy who made the article)

of course lempel said it and i also had written wish it was true, maybe it will happen maybe it will not.
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kar008

[QUOTE="sargentbotk"] Why can't it just be that companies look at the 360 as a profit and don't see them making any money solely on making games exclusively to the PS3? And where is your proof of MS paying sites to give lower scores to PS3 games and stealing exclusives(Which were on Xbox and Nintendo consoles last gen.)?st1ka

luckily i have created a pretty good response to whenever i hear the "microsoft is evil because it steals exclusives" defense and here it goes:

watch this

check it out at 3:04 "sony does anything it can to round up third party developers to support the playstation and is able to assigne 250 companies in japan alone"

the Playstation one was launched in japan in December 4 1994, Virtua fighter (the reason as to why third party developers started focusing on 3D as the documentary says) was was launched in November 1993 care to explain how does one company with no experience in gaming what-so-ever manages to convince 250 gaming companies to produce games for a market which was thougt to be over saturaded at the time? remember: there was sega, nintendo, 3DO, the Jaguar, Pippin, all of them were either already out or nearing their launch dates and thats not even mentioning the handheld markets

duude it says video no longer available
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 st1ka

duude it says video no longer availablekar008

huh... not it doesn't

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
[QUOTE="kar008"][QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

You're looking at it the wrong way. I look at it as MS actually cares enough about their customers to spend that kind of money on exclusives, and such. Maybe if Sony cared more about their users, they'd do the same. Anyway you look at it, it's great time to be a 360 owner. :) As far as MS paying websites to give PS3 games a lower score, that just sounds stupid. If you look at all of the multiplat games where the PS3 version got a lower score, you'll see they deserved it.
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

[QUOTE="sargentbotk"] Why can't it just be that companies look at the 360 as a profit and don't see them making any money solely on making games exclusively to the PS3? And where is your proof of MS paying sites to give lower scores to PS3 games and stealing exclusives(Which were on Xbox and Nintendo consoles last gen.)?st1ka

watch this

Well that was interesting :P