omg, duudes check this out!!! What SONY has instored for us!!

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 kar008
Member since 2004 • 526 Posts
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

*sigh*, I already said of course they use different materials to make the plane parts now but they are still the same just made with different materials. How many times do I have to say this?

EDIT: and I'm not saying they are EXACTLY the same shape either but they are still the same parts used for the same thing to fly the planes used today.

SporkFireXPS

then tell you what, you state the similarities between the two

Already did listed some, go back a page or two, and than if you want to know more go research it, I'm not going to spoon feed you.

\ it was the basic idea that gave life to all the planes out there, what basic similarities ??? it is the giver of life idea of the wright brothers. sporkfire is right, it has been improved upon tremendously isn't it? or do u want to fly the same plane.
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 SporkFireXPS
Member since 2004 • 536 Posts
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

You do? Other than a few things added that aren't needed to fly I don't see any difference. So tell me what is different?

SpruceCaboose
Somehow I think you are just arguing to argue.

So your argument is that if two things achieve the same results (even if the quality of the results is shocking) that they were copied?

No I think your getting the names mixed up on the plane parts, if the name is different the purpose for that part MUST be different, right? I keep asking what is different and you two are yet to name any parts other than a loading bay, like you really need that to fly.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#103 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
wow wth happened with this thread?? :lol:
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
wow wth happened with this thread?? :lol:killerfist
you would not believe what this thread went trough
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#105 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

You do? Other than a few things added that aren't needed to fly I don't see any difference. So tell me what is different?

SporkFireXPS
Somehow I think you are just arguing to argue.

So your argument is that if two things achieve the same results (even if the quality of the results is shocking) that they were copied?

No I think your getting the names mixed up on the plane parts, if the name is different the purpose for that part MUST be different, right? I keep asking what is different and you two are yet to name any parts.

Wing warping. It was used on the Wright bros planes and gliders, now the idea is an antiquity.

You will answer back with "its the same as a spoiler", but its not. You know it, and I know it, but you will still say it. Which goes to show how incredibly silly this is that you are clinging to this notion that planes of modern times are somehow the same as a plane from 1903 because they share some of the same general principles. Yeah, they both have wings and rudders. That is why the Wrights are considered to be the fathers of modern aviation.

But besides those rudimentary similarities, there are major differences between the two that you continue to downplay, which leads me to the conclusion that you are just contrary for the heck of it.
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 SporkFireXPS
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] Somehow I think you are just arguing to argue.

So your argument is that if two things achieve the same results (even if the quality of the results is shocking) that they were copied?SpruceCaboose

No I think your getting the names mixed up on the plane parts, if the name is different the purpose for that part MUST be different, right? I keep asking what is different and you two are yet to name any parts.

Wing warping. It was used on the Wright bros planes and gliders, now the idea is an antiquity. You will answer back with "its the same as a spoiler", but its not. You know it, and I know it, but you will still say it. Which goes to show how incredibly silly this is that you are clinging to this notion that planes of modern times are somehow the same as a plane from 1903 because they share some of the same general principles. Yeah, they both have wings and rudders. That is why the Wrights are considered to be the fathers of modern aviation.

But besides those rudimentary similarities, there are major differences between the two that you continue to downplay, which leads me to the conclusion that you are just contrary for the heck of it.

Maybe I understood you wrong but are you saying that modern airplanes don't have wing warpings (or wing tips)?

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"]wow wth happened with this thread?? :lol:st1ka
you would not believe what this thread went trough

I read every single post pretty funny.:P
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 SpruceCaboose

Maybe I understood you wrong but are you saying that modern airplanes don't have wing warpings (or wing tips)?

SporkFireXPS
They don't. They use spoilers or ailerons for roll control.
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 SporkFireXPS
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

SpruceCaboose

They don't. They use spoilers or ailerons for roll control.

True but its still the warping of the wing, it's a little different but still the same thing. Which was my point from the very start when I compared the atari achievments to the xbox 360.

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

[QUOTE="sargentbotk"] Why can't it just be that companies look at the 360 as a profit and don't see them making any money solely on making games exclusively to the PS3? And where is your proof of MS paying sites to give lower scores to PS3 games and stealing exclusives(Which were on Xbox and Nintendo consoles last gen.)?st1ka

luckily i have created a pretty good response to whenever i hear the "microsoft is evil because it steals exclusives" defense and here it goes:

watch this

check it out at 3:04 "sony does anything it can to round up third party developers to support the playstation and is able to assigne 250 companies in japan alone"

the Playstation one was launched in japan in December 4 1994, Virtua fighter (the reason as to why third party developers started focusing on 3D as the documentary says) was was launched in November 1993 care to explain how does one company with no experience in gaming what-so-ever manages to convince 250 gaming companies to produce games for a market which was thougt to be over saturaded at the time? remember: there was sega, nintendo, 3DO, the Jaguar, Pippin, all of them were either already out or nearing their launch dates and thats not even mentioning the handheld markets

lol just watched the video, whats interesting is that Playstation fanboys literally complain about MS doing exactly what Sony did when it first brought out the Playstation. Just like Nintendo underestimated Sony, Sony underestimated MS.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

Of course they added things to the copy of the wright brothers plane and improved upon the things they copied but it's still using the same parts and design to make the plane fly.

SporkFireXPS

:lol: Oh my god...That's sig worthy. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The design of planes have changed radically since that initial first flight..It's like saying the a Ferrari F40 uses the same design and parts as a model T..That's absolutely ludicrous...

No it's not, please tell me what parts used on the wright brothers plane and the design is not on a boeing 747?

Seriously? How about jet engines, computers, metal alloys, rubber tires, radar, etc..And that's just scratching the surface.

The fundamentals of how a plane flies have been changed drastically since then, allowing for longer sustained flight at higher altitudes at higher speeds. You need to just stop dude.

SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 SporkFireXPS
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="heretrix"]:lol: Oh my god...That's sig worthy. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The design of planes have changed radically since that initial first flight..It's like saying the a Ferrari F40 uses the same design and parts as a model T..That's absolutely ludicrous...heretrix

No it's not, please tell me what parts used on the wright brothers plane and the design is not on a boeing 747?

Seriously? How about jet engines, computers, metal alloys, rubber tires, radar, etc..And that's just scratching the surface.

The fundamentals of how a plane flies have been changed drastically since then, allowing for longer sustained flight at higher altitudes at higher speeds. You need to just stop dude.

Yea because rubber tires, metal alloys, computers, and radar are needed to fly a plane. :S Of course things have been improved on, like I've been saying all along.

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 kar008

SporkFireXPS

Yea because rubber tires, metal alloys, computers, and radar are needed to fly a plane. :S Of course things have been improved on, like I've been saying all along.

yup spork is 100% right..
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 heretrix

SporkFireXPS

it's still using the same parts and design to make the plane fly.

Your words not mine. And yes all of those things are need to fly most of todays planes. I'd love to see someone fly a 757 without computer assistance and radar or the metal alloys that allow these huge planes to actually be airborne or to land without those specially made tires..

SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 SporkFireXPS
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="heretrix"]Seriously? How about jet engines, computers, metal alloys, rubber tires, radar, etc..And that's just scratching the surface.

heretrix

Your words not mine. And yes all of those things are need to fly most of todays planes. I'd love to see someone fly a 757 without computer assistance and radar or the metal alloys that allow these huge planes to actually be airborne or to land without those specially made tires..

I'm not talking about the size of the plane what I'm saying is it still uses the same parts which are used for the same purpose and in the same area on the plan. Yes there have been improvements, like the wing warping has been improved but guess what, it still warps the wing just in a different way.

Of course they have added technology to the planes, I never said they didn't, what I did say is they are using the basic design of the wright brothers plane and have improved on it. Just like Microsoft did with Atari's achievements and Sony did with Microsoft's achievements. So they both copies, we all know companies copy each other but somehow this turned into a big mess because someone brought up the plane analogy.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#116 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
That article was from Jan... They were talking about the trophies lol.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 heretrix

SporkFireXPS

I'm not talking about the size of the plane what I'm saying is it still uses the same parts which are used for the same purpose and in the same area on the plan. Yes there have been improvements, like the wing warping has been improved but guess what, it still warps the wing just in a different way.

Of course they have added technology to the planes, I never said they didn't, what I did say is they are using the basic design of the wright brothers plane and have improved on it. Just like Microsoft did with Atari's achievements and Sony did with Microsoft's achievements. So they both copies, we all know companies copy each other but somehow this turned into a big mess because someone brought up the plane analogy.

I'm just responding to your statement. Maybe you should have made it clearer the first time. If the plane is using the same parts and design, then it would be the same plane that the Wright Brothers flew at Kitty Hawk. One of my best friends is a expert on planes and his head would have exploded it he'd read what you posted.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#118 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
Lol did this thread turn into a plane discussion?:lol:
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 kar008

[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

heretrix

I'm just responding to your statement. Maybe you should have made it clearer the first time. If the plane is using the same parts and design, then it would be the same plane that the Wright Brothers flew at Kitty Hawk. One of my best friends is a expert on planes and his head would have exploded it he'd read what you posted.

duude ,sporkfire is right, it was evovled from a basic idea, just like we were evovled from a single cell.. does that mean we are different, its the same basic priniciples lol that we all have.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 heretrix

Lol did this thread turn into a plane discussion?:lol:Wanderer5

When it became obvious that the TC had pulled an article from January and failed hard. Somebody brought up planes as an analogy and failed with that too.

king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#121 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts
I'm pretty sure I read on a previous topic that you'd get money within Home for getting trophies. Whether it was true or not, or what you could spend the money on I don't know, but it would be cool.
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 SporkFireXPS

[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

heretrix

Well I was typing kind of quick, I probably could of explained myself better. When I said "same parts and design" I didn't mean they still use wood for the parts. I meant the parts, which are made with different material, are still used. These parts may have been improved on some but they still serve the same purpose like in the wing warping example. The BASIC design is still very much the same though.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 heretrix
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

kar008

duude ,sporkfire is right, it was evovled from a basic idea, just like we were evovled from a single cell.. does that mean we are different, its the same basic priniciples lol that we all have.

Hmmm. Says the person that started a thread about an article that was originally written in January and tried to pass it off as current news. You are only agreeing with him because he supported your thread, which has failed btw.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
[QUOTE="kar008"]

PSN boss Eric Lempel acknowledges the importance of an achievement system - something for which Xbox 360 is heavily praised - but says Sony has plans that "go well beyond a single score."

We already know that Sony's long-awaited PS3 Home application (that virtual world app that seems to be taking forever to arrive) will have a trophy system that will reward gamers for in-game achievements with trophies for their Home space. But Sony has more up its sleeve.

"I recognize that there are a few features that PS3 users have asked for that we haven't delivered yet," admitted Lempel.

"We have a lot of features in different stages of development that I think our users will be very excited about," he said in an interview with Next Generation.

"I know that an achievement system is very important to our consumers. With Home, and in addition to Home, we have some very exciting programs planned to recognize our consumers' gaming skills and loyalty in new ways that go well beyond a single score."

That sounds exciting. It would be brilliant if you got, say, money credited to your PSN account for finishing games - you know, a real-life reward. That'd get you playing.

Lempel did not disclose any further details, but Sony CEO Howard Stringer has promised, "2008 will be a big year in many ways for PlayStation Network."

WOW!!! i hope what he says is true, money credited to our psn accounts..

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/playstation-3/news/ps3-achievements-to-go-well-beyond-360/a-2008011415131710038/g-20060314115917309058

DelayStation 3
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 heretrix
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

SporkFireXPS

Well I was typing kind of quick, I probably could of explained myself better.

That's fine and I'm willing to accept that.
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 kar008
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="heretrix"]I'm just responding to your statement. Maybe you should have made it clearer the first time. If the plane is using the same parts and design, then it would be the same plane that the Wright Brothers flew at Kitty Hawk. One of my best friends is a expert on planes and his head would have exploded it he'd read what you posted.

heretrix

Well I was typing kind of quick, I probably could of explained myself better.

That's fine and I'm willing to accept that.

duude u have xbox360 sig man u are wrong i donn wanna argue with u, fanboy.
Avatar image for Lord__Darkstorn
Lord__Darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Lord__Darkstorn
Member since 2007 • 2031 Posts

Knowing Sony, they wouldn't do the money idea. My bet is that they'll have contests from time to time, and whoever wins will get exclusive items for Home or something.Legendaryscmt

that seems more likely

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 killerfist
duude u have xbox360 sig man u are wrong i donn wanna argue with u, fanboy.kar008
that was uncalled for.. now let this thread die plz
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
doesn't really seem intesting i don't care about achivemnts that much. nothing can be done to get people to play the game again. once i beat the game i stop playing it.
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 kar008
[QUOTE="kar008"]duude u have xbox360 sig man u are wrong i donn wanna argue with u, fanboy.killerfist

i dont like it when 360 guys are adamant and deny everything. i mean seriously whats wrong with them cant they be understanding insted criticizing everything.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="kar008"]duude u have xbox360 sig man u are wrong i donn wanna argue with u, fanboy.kar008

i dont like it when 360 guys are adamant and deny everything. i mean seriously whats wrong with them cant they be understanding insted criticizing everything.

I own a PS3, so I kinda disprove your point. Oh, and so does heretrix, so lol
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 kar008
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="kar008"][QUOTE="killerfist"] that was uncalled for.. now let this thread die plz

I own a PS3, so I kinda disprove your point. Oh, and so does heretrix, so lol

so are u in this thread just for fun?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="kar008"] so are u in this thread just for fun?

Why else would you come to SW? For real, intelligent debate? Lol.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="kar008"]duude u have xbox360 sig man u are wrong i donn wanna argue with u, fanboy.kar008

How did they deny anything? And why can't anyone critize you and/or the article you posted? The arcticle you linked is from BEFORE trophies were announced. The ridiculous plane discussion was the only reason that kept this thread alive.
DragonFlyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 DragonFlyJ
Member since 2008 • 658 Posts
ok fine sony copied achievements :( u win..kar008
And if they didn't have achievements, you'd be the one to claim Sony lack of them.
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#136 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
So just wait.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 heretrix

LOL. I'm not the one who can't do proper research. Next time check the date of an article you are referring to. It would help to avoid using outdated info.

And as for your accusation of me being a fanboy, check yourself sonny. Just because I have a 360 sig doesn't mean anything. 

fbigent34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 fbigent34
Member since 2007 • 2389 Posts

Just likey you try to pull a fast one? just like you said the video was not avabalie? .... hmm sound very fimliar dosen't it? :roll:
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
ok fine sony copied achievements :( u win..kar008
Who cares who copied who, gaming is full of copiers which normally improve on the original idea.
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#140 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

"I recognize that there are a few features that PS3 users have asked for that we haven't delivered yet," admitted Lempel.

:lol:

Yeah way to downplay that one. Wheres my 4D graphics.

sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts
[QUOTE="UnamedThing"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]

Lol, Anyone remember HipHopGamer's words? Remember how he said according to a source, Sony was implementing some sort of reward system based on trophies were if you gain a certain amount of trophies you might unlock a new area in HOME or gain some DLC for free or sumthing like that? Remember how we all laughed and called BS and claimed other sites would have reported this news already? yeah, well I want to say that so far HipHopGamer has been owning this entire board since everything he has predicted has so far been confirmed, lets go down the checklist:

GoW3 graphics are insane, might be teaser trailer quality - check!

Full trophy support starting Jan 2008 - check!

Trophy reward system - check!

PS3 price cut $399 model will be 160gb and $299 model will be 80gb - check! (sony denies, but other sources say it)

I think this guy is on a roll!

Now we just need to hear about Mass Effect on PS3 and GTA5 being PS3 exclusive (doubt that one :P )

Trophy's are supported for like five games. That's not FULL trophy support.

5 games? lolwut Ok, u know what he meant, he meant january 2009 will have full trohpy support.
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 kar008
[QUOTE="kar008"][QUOTE="killerfist"] that was uncalled for.. now let this thread die plzfbigent34

Just likey you try to pull a fast one? just like you said the video was not avabalie? .... hmm sound very fimliar dosen't it? :roll:

i saw that after i refreshed the page
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

Lol, Anyone remember HipHopGamer's words? Remember how he said according to a source, Sony was implementing some sort of reward system based on trophies were if you gain a certain amount of trophies you might unlock a new area in HOME or gain some DLC for free or sumthing like that? Remember how we all laughed and called BS and claimed other sites would have reported this news already? yeah, well I want to say that so far HipHopGamer has been owning this entire board since everything he has predicted has so far been confirmed, lets go down the checklist:

GoW3 graphics are insane, might be teaser trailer quality - check!

Full trophy support starting Jan 2009 - check!

Trophy reward system - check!

PS3 price cut $399 model will be 160gb and $299 model will be 80gb - check! (sony denies, but other sources say it)

I think this guy is on a roll!

Now we just need to hear about Mass Effect on PS3 and GTA5 being PS3 exclusive (doubt that one :P )

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=571

II_Seraphim_II
Gyea, Gyea, Gyea! My dude HHGamer owned the haters and proved the doubters wrong lol. I doubt we'll see real money credited to our PSN wallets (would be cool), but rather Home currency/exclusive betas/free DLC, etc.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#144 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
thats great for sony copying achievments
blazndragon0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 blazndragon0
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts
I doubt they'll put money into your PSN but it's nice to see Sony giving rewards for trophies.