omg, duudes check this out!!! What SONY has instored for us!!

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts
[QUOTE="sargentbotk"][QUOTE="st1ka"] luckily i have created a pretty good response to whenever i hear the "microsoft is evil because it steals exclusives" defense and here it goes:

watch this

check it out at 3:04 "sony does anything it can to round up third party developers to support the playstation and is able to assigne 250 companies in japan alone"

the Playstation one was launched in japan in December 4 1994, Virtua fighter (the reason as to why third party developers started focusing on 3D as the documentary says) was was launched in November 1993 care to explain how does one company with no experience in gaming what-so-ever manages to convince 250 gaming companies to produce games for a market which was thougt to be over saturaded at the time? remember: there was sega, nintendo, 3DO, the Jaguar, Pippin, all of them were either already out or nearing their launch dates and thats not even mentioning the handheld markets

kar008

Well that was interesting :P

says the guy with 360 sig GTFO

So because he has a 360 sig, he can't be in this thread? Maybe you should post it in PS3 boards then.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts
says the guy with 360 sig GTFOkar008

You should watch the video, It is there. It is about the history of the Playstation, and Sony was about to get 250 Gaming companies to work with the PS1. That really showed that money had been used to get them to work for the PS.

I know it is hard to take, but Sony isn't infalliable.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
The article is from January 14....
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 SporkFireXPS
Member since 2004 • 536 Posts
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="st1ka"] it one thing to copy the concept (which yes you could say achievements copied it) however these were improved upon, whereas trophys appeared right after achivements as a direct response to them, therefore it is safe to say that trophies copied achievements (even if they are represented in a different way) rather then atari's systemst1ka

If you "improve upon" someone elses idea then that is copying.

merely the concept, but if we dwelve in to that area then like i said a boing 747 is copying the right brothers concept of a machine that flies isn't it?

Of course the boeing 747 is copying the wright brothers design. They both have wings, wing tips, fuselage, horizontal stabilizers, tail fins, etc. Infact the only thing that is left out from the wright brothers design on a Boeing 747 is the propellers because we now typically use jet engines. So yes they did copy the wright brothers. The Boeing 747 didn't just copy "a machine that flies".

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 kar008
Member since 2004 • 526 Posts
[QUOTE="sargentbotk"][QUOTE="st1ka"] luckily i have created a pretty good response to whenever i hear the "microsoft is evil because it steals exclusives" defense and here it goes:

watch this

check it out at 3:04 "sony does anything it can to round up third party developers to support the playstation and is able to assigne 250 companies in japan alone"

the Playstation one was launched in japan in December 4 1994, Virtua fighter (the reason as to why third party developers started focusing on 3D as the documentary says) was was launched in November 1993 care to explain how does one company with no experience in gaming what-so-ever manages to convince 250 gaming companies to produce games for a market which was thougt to be over saturaded at the time? remember: there was sega, nintendo, 3DO, the Jaguar, Pippin, all of them were either already out or nearing their launch dates and thats not even mentioning the handheld markets

kar008

oooh that line was from his sig, sorrry sergeant bok..Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. atleast put a line or something above it man.. says the guy with 360 sig GTFO

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kar008
[QUOTE="kar008"][QUOTE="sargentbotk"]Well that was interesting :Pkar008

oooh that line was from his sig, sorrry sergeant bok..Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. atleast put a line or something above it man..
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

If you "improve upon" someone elses idea then that is copying.

SporkFireXPS

merely the concept, but if we dwelve in to that area then like i said a boing 747 is copying the right brothers concept of a machine that flies isn't it?

Of course the boeing 747 is copying the wright brothers design. They both have wings, wing tips, fuselage, horizontal stabilizers, tail fins, etc. Infact the only thing that is left out from the wright brothers design on a Boeing 747 is the propellers because we now typically use jet engines. So yes they did copy the wright brothers.

oh yeah...clear case of plagiarism if i ever saw one :roll:

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Here we go again with the Sony hype train. "can't give details" means they still have no idea what they're doing. How about they give the PS3 users more games that support trophies!? Ever think of that, Mr. Sony PR?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SpruceCaboose
People, the article is from January 14, 2008. Its like over 10 months old. It was PR fluff about Trophies.
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SporkFireXPS
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="st1ka"] merely the concept, but if we dwelve in to that area then like i said a boing 747 is copying the right brothers concept of a machine that flies isn't it?st1ka

Of course the boeing 747 is copying the wright brothers design. They both have wings, wing tips, fuselage, horizontal stabilizers, tail fins, etc. Infact the only thing that is left out from the wright brothers design on a Boeing 747 is the propellers because we now typically use jet engines. So yes they did copy the wright brothers.

Haha now your just making me laugh. So it looks different? So what? It still uses the same parts.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 st1ka

SporkFireXPS

Haha now your just making me laugh. So it looks different? So what? It still uses the same parts.

wait what :lol:

so you're saying the right brothers plane uses, metal alloys, jet engines, detachable landing gears and whatnot? :lol:

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

watch this

kar008

Lol leave them, they're 360 fanboys on damage-control.

And the TC's funny analogy actually is (quite) right. An unreliable chinese phone VS the more reliable Iphone AKA 360=unreliable sh*tty hardware VS PS3's more expensive but better quality hardware.

SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SporkFireXPS
So tell me, if I copy a 500 page book exactly but change the outside cover and the looks of the book is that not called copying?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SpruceCaboose
Everyone just keeps on missing it....Its a troll thread, using a really old source, that we know what it was talking about as the "secret", and people keep arguing about it...
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SporkFireXPS
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="st1ka"]

st1ka

so you're saying the right brothers plane uses, metal alloys, jet engines, detachable landing gears and whatnot? :lol:

Of course they added things to the copy of the wright brothers plane and improved upon the things they copied but it's still using the same parts and design to make the plane fly.

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kar008

SporkFireXPS

lol is that MICROSOFT flight simulator pic
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 st1ka
So tell me, if I copy a 500 page book exactly but change the outside cover and the looks of the book is that not called copying?SporkFireXPS
you got your analogy the other way around, the cover is the same the 500 pages are completly different ;)
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 st1ka
[QUOTE="kar008"] lol is that MICROSOFT flight simulator pic

i only googled boing 747 and hotlinked it, didn't even bother checking what it was
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kar008

SporkFireXPS

Of course they added things to the copy of the wright brothers plane and improved upon the things they copied but it's still using the same parts and design to make the plane fly.

u said trophies are a copy of achievement, does it completely copy achievements? its completely different, so this post makes u a hypocrite.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 st1ka
[QUOTE="kar008"][QUOTE="sargentbotk"]Well that was interesting :Pknight-k

And the TC's funny analogy actually is (quite) right. An unreliable chinese phone VS the more reliable Iphone AKA 360=unreliable sh*tty hardware VS PS3's more expensive but better quality hardware.

so why don't you try to counter our arguments then? you and the TC are the only ones defending the OP, not even other sony fanboys have come in here

SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SporkFireXPS

[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]So tell me, if I copy a 500 page book exactly but change the outside cover and the looks of the book is that not called copying?st1ka
you got your analogy the other way around, the cover is the same the 500 pages are completly different ;)

I guess I don't know how to get this through to you. The Boeing 747 is the wright brothers plane (same design, same parts etc.). YES they added a few things here and there and changed the material used to make the same parts. It still uses the designs and parts (even though they use different material now to make those parts) thought up by the wright brothers to make that boeing plane fly.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 st1ka

SporkFireXPS

added things? more like a completly overhaul, the only similarities are the fact that both still use wings... and even then the wings between the two are completly different
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 st1ka

kar008

u said trophies are a copy of achievement, does it completely copy achievement its completely different, so this post makes u a hypocrite.

achievements and trophies are pretty much the same thing, they only have cosmetic differences really

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

People, the article is from January 14, 2008. Its like over 10 months old. It was PR fluff about Trophies.SpruceCaboose

LOL. I was reading this thread and saying to myself why does all of this sound familiar? It was because I read it a long time ago when another Sony fanboy posted telling us that the next update 2.41 was going to destroy XBL with something they already had since the 360 was launched.

God, Thank you for Sony fanboys, they truly are your most hilarious creatures..

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 SpruceCaboose
The TCs article: Jan 14, 2008

Trophies offically announced: June 17, 2008.

Trophies release on July 2, 2008 in SSHD.

He was talking about Trohies and that level system that they use. No more speculation. We know what he was talking about. No megaton coming.

SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SporkFireXPS
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

st1ka

added things? more like a completly overhaul, the only similarities are the fact that both still use wings... and even then the wings between the two are completly different

Look what you just typed in bold, why am I still argueing with you after you said something as ignorant as that? I mentioned several of the same parts they use. I'm done argueing planes with you haha. Go do some research, seriously.

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
[QUOTE="kar008"][QUOTE="sargentbotk"]Well that was interesting :Pknight-k

...Funny since I own both consoles and treat them both equally. And because I have my Gamertag as my sig is worth telling me to GTFO? Ok...:roll:

And I wasn't solely saying interesting to the fact St1ka was pointing out, the video as a whole was interesting.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 st1ka

SporkFireXPS

Look what you just typed in bold, why am I still argueing with you after you said something as ignorant as that? I mentioned several of the same parts they use. I'm done argueing planes with you haha. Go do some research, seriously.

and this is considered copying :lol: oh my god what world do you live in?
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 kar008
[QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="kar008"] says the guy with 360 sig GTFOsargentbotk

...Funny since I own both consoles and treat them both equally. And because I have my Gamertag as my sig is worth telling me to GTFO? Ok...:roll:

And I wasn't solely saying interesting to the fact St1ka was pointing out, the video as a whole was interesting.

no no no i read ur line never argue with an idiot one and thought u typed it. it was part of ur sig am sorry man :) i love you.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 st1ka
[QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="kar008"] says the guy with 360 sig GTFOsargentbotk

ya it was a pretty good video, there's another one called the downfall of sega, the similarities between the sega cd sega until the saturn and today's sony are.... uncanny
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 heretrix

SporkFireXPS

:lol: Oh my god...That's sig worthy. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The design of planes have changed radically since that initial first flight..It's like saying the a Ferrari F40 uses the same design and parts as a model T..That's absolutely ludicrous...
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SporkFireXPS

added things? more like a completly overhaul, the only similarities are the fact that both still use wings... and even then the wings between the two are completly differentst1ka

and this is considered copying :lol: oh my god what world do you live in?

Ok this is the last things I'm going to say because you just don't get it.

The Boeing uses EVERY part (just made with different materials to make those parts) except for the propellers, because they now use jet engines. They also use the EXACT same design that the wright brothers used.

Have a good day, and don't forget to do some plane research!

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
[QUOTE="sargentbotk"][QUOTE="knight-k"]

kar008

no no no i read ur line never argue with an idiot one and thought u typed it. it was part of ur sig am sorry man :) i love you.

Oh ok lol. Apology accepted.
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kar008
[QUOTE="sargentbotk"][QUOTE="knight-k"]

st1ka

ya it was a pretty good video, there's another one called the downfall of sega, the similarities between the sega cd sega until the saturn and today's sony are.... uncanny

ok fine lets leave this topic about companies copying each other.. everyone does it the question is who does it better and its not patented so it doesnt mean anything.
fbigent34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 fbigent34
Member since 2007 • 2389 Posts
he better be moving quick beacuse 2008 its almost over ..... its nov 30th...
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 heretrix
The TCs article: Jan 14, 2008

He was talking about Trohies and that level system that they use. No more speculation. We know what he was talking about. No megaton coming.

SpruceCaboose
LOL. It's like you are the only sober person trying to stop a bar brawl. :lol:
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SporkFireXPS

heretrix

:lol: Oh my god...That's sig worthy. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The design of planes have changed radically since that initial first flight..It's like saying the a Ferrari F40 uses the same design and parts as a model T..That's absolutely ludicrous...

No it's not, please tell me what parts used on the wright brothers plane and the design is not on a boeing 747?

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 st1ka

heretrix

i know lol aparantly airplanes only need wings and magical pixie dust to fly
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]The TCs article: Jan 14, 2008

heretrix
LOL. It's like you are the only sober person trying to stop a bar brawl. :lol:

Now I remember why I stopped trying. Oh well. I am just trying to wake up a bit before getting on Live anyway...
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 st1ka
[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

SporkFireXPS

No it's not, please tell me what parts used on the wright brothers plane and the design is not on a boeing 747?

the sticks, and cloth.... did the right brother plain use anything other then sticks and cloth?
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 SporkFireXPS
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="heretrix"]:lol: Oh my god...That's sig worthy. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The design of planes have changed radically since that initial first flight..It's like saying the a Ferrari F40 uses the same design and parts as a model T..That's absolutely ludicrous...st1ka

the sticks, and cloth.... did the right brother plain use anything other then sticks and cloth?

*sigh*, I already said of course they use different materials to make the plane parts now but they are still the same just made with different materials. How many times do I have to say this?

EDIT: and I'm not saying they are EXACTLY the same shape either but they are still the same parts used for the same thing to fly the planes used today.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SpruceCaboose

SporkFireXPS

Well:

I personally see a whole lot of difference...

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 st1ka

SporkFireXPS

*sigh*, I already said of course they use different materials to make the plane parts now but they are still the same just made with different materials. How many times do I have to say this?

EDIT: and I'm not saying they are EXACTLY the same shape either but they are still the same parts used for the same thing to fly the planes used today.

then tell you what, you state the similarities between the two
fbigent34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 fbigent34
Member since 2007 • 2389 Posts
why, dont u prove, we copied achievements? there is nothing related to achievements in trophy system. u just get trophies for doing some thing and it is no way related to xbox achievements and it is not patented by microsoft so they dont own the idea. but yea blu - ray is patented by sony, and we will decided whether to give microsoft or not.kar008
all compines copy period. no matter they only reason they did it alitte diffrent is to avoid getting sued. nintenod, microsfot, sony all copy its not the end of the world. look microsoft use the harddrive first this gen... than sony.. its a copy move.
SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 SporkFireXPS
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

SpruceCaboose

Well:

You do? Other than a few things added that aren't needed to fly I don't see any difference. So tell me what is different?

SporkFireXPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SporkFireXPS
[QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"][QUOTE="st1ka"] the sticks, and cloth.... did the right brother plain use anything other then sticks and cloth?st1ka

Already did listed some, go back a page or two, and than if you want to know more go research it, I'm not going to spoon feed you.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 st1ka
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="SporkFireXPS"]

SporkFireXPS

Well:

You do? Other than a few things added that aren't needed to fly I don't see any difference. So tell me what is different?

oh i give up

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SpruceCaboose

SporkFireXPS
Somehow I think you are just arguing to argue.

So your argument is that if two things achieve the same results (even if the quality of the results is shocking) that they were copied?
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 st1ka

SporkFireXPS

Already did listed some, go back a page or two, and than if you want to know more go research it, I'm not going to spoon feed you.

you mean the fact that they use rudders and wings oh wow the plagiarism!!!!! :roll: