Old headsets will work on Xbone

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] I guess you think that those are awesome?

Ā 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYWHuoDoPo-jfZxLs-66J

stereointegrity

what is that? have you lost your mind?Ā Ā  you think that is an A50?Ā Ā Ā  wow you are clueless man :lol:Ā Ā  time for me to go now...Ā Ā  SMH

please stop over hyping the astro a50

im not overhyping it, he was saying it sucks, which it doesnt.Ā Ā Ā  but anyway i was reading neogaf and i saw this a few times the The X1 outputs virtual 5.1 through the controller.Ā Ā  pretty cool stuff if you ask me

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"] please stop over hyping the astro a50XBOunity

im not overhyping it

You just said the DT990s are garbage compared to the A50s.Ā 

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="XBOunity"]

what is that? have you lost your mind?Ā Ā  you think that is an A50?Ā Ā Ā  wow you are clueless man :lol:Ā Ā  time for me to go now...Ā Ā  SMH

XBOunity

please stop over hyping the astro a50

im not overhyping it, he was saying it sucks, which it doesnt.Ā Ā Ā  but anyway i was reading neogaf and i saw this a few times the The X1 outputs virtual 5.1 through the controller.Ā Ā  pretty cool stuff if you ask me

oh i was going to say.....the a50 are damn good head set and if the x1 has an optical out it will automatically support any astro headset
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"] please stop over hyping the astro a50NVIDIATI

im not overhyping it

You just said the DT990s are garbage compared to the A50s.Ā 

go read the page, he said it sucks this and that,Ā i just did it back to him.Ā Ā  both are pretty good im sure, but i went with the wireless headset because it fits my needs.Ā Ā 

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"] please stop over hyping the astro a50stereointegrity

oh i was going to say.....the a50 are damn good head set and if the x1 has an optical out it will automatically support any astro headset

yeah it does have an optical out but there seems to be some confusion over there on the a50 blog.Ā Ā  they are saying they are working with xbox to find a solution.Ā Ā  so it doesnt make any sense to me because the x1 does have an optical output....Ā Ā  i watch my tv on the a50 sometimes so im sure its compatible

darksidecelica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 darksidecelica
Member since 2009 • 348 Posts

MS makes another cash grab and lemmings bend over eagerly. Lemmings will somehow spin this into a positive.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"] had the a40 and a50.....and i like my sony pulse elites better then bothXBOunity

All three of those suck ass but at least the Astros support Dolby Headphone. Pulse headphones are a generic faux 7.1 coming from a two channel source. And just like the A40/50's, Pulse headphones are just low end tin cans with zero sound stage. If you want superior sound, run a pair of Sennheises, AKG's or any other real headphone brand to the Astro Mixamp and you will laugh at the Pulse. Hell. Even a $20 pair of 202's sound better.

I like the a50, but the main reason i spent so much money on it was I liked the wireless design and the miniamp setup.Ā Ā Ā  I watch tv, xbox, ps3 and pc on it whenever i choose.Ā Ā 

And I liked my A40's until I started spending a lot of time on Gamespots A/V board. After trying other headphones, the difference was like night and day. The only drawback is, you can't really go wireless unless you want to spend an absolute fortune. I still use the Astro Mixamp. Just not with Astro headphones anymore. You used to be able to go semi wireless with the Astro Mixamp but unfortunatly the company was bought by Skullcandy. Like many companies like this, the feature was removed to cut costs.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] All three of those suck ass but at least the Astros support Dolby Headphone. Pulse headphones are a generic faux 7.1 coming from a two channel source. And just like the A40/50's, Pulse headphones are just low end tin cans with zero sound stage. If you want superior sound, run a pair of Sennheises, AKG's or any other real headphone brand to the Astro Mixamp and you will laugh at the Pulse. Hell. Even a $20 pair of 202's sound better.Murderstyle75

I like the a50, but the main reason i spent so much money on it was I liked the wireless design and the miniamp setup.Ā Ā Ā  I watch tv, xbox, ps3 and pc on it whenever i choose.Ā Ā 

And I liked my A40's until I started spending a lot of time on Gamespots A/V board. After trying other headphones, the difference was like night and day. The only drawback is, you can't really go wireless unless you want to spend an absolute fortune. I still use the Astro Mixamp. Just not with Astro headphones anymore. You used to be able to go semi wireless with the Astro Mixamp but unfortunatly the company was bought by Skullcandy. Like many companies like this, the feature was removed to cut costs.

yeah well i might buy another headset, which do you recommend, it has to work with both xbox and ps4 tho so i guess ill have to wait.Ā Ā  i know the a50 will work with the x1 but i wont be able to speak because it uses that 2.5mm connector.Ā Ā  i dont play alot of online games, right now using them with my ps3 and playing the last of us, and the sound quality to me is awesome, i can hear the clickers behind me and my wife dont bother me at all lol

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 XBOunity

MS makes another cash grab and lemmings bend over eagerly. Lemmings will somehow spin this into a positive.

darksidecelica

how much is the adapater going to cost ?? 5 bucks???Ā  gimme a break

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="XBOunity"]

XBOunity

yeah it does have an optical out but there seems to be some confusion over there on the a50 blog.Ā Ā  they are saying they are working with xbox to find a solution.Ā Ā  so it doesnt make any sense to me because the x1 does have an optical output....Ā Ā  i watch my tv on the a50 sometimes so im sure its compatible

While it does have optical, the A50's can't use wireless for chat on the Xbox. Game audio will work fine. Whether or not you can use your A50 mic could be the issue.
Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#161 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

360 owners should be used to buying accessories.Ā 

lundy86_4

PS3 headset...

But my PS3 headset will work on my PS4 without an adapter...
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"] oh i was going to say.....the a50 are damn good head set and if the x1 has an optical out it will automatically support any astro headset Murderstyle75

While it does have optical, the A50's can't use wireless for chat on the Xbox. Game audio will work fine. Whether or not you can use your A50 mic could be the issue.

yeah thats what i was thinking, for game audio you can use it on the 360 with theĀ  2.5 mm connector.Ā Ā Ā  maybe they will come with a 7 dollar adapater in which i would buy.Ā Ā  the a50 blog says they are working on it.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="XBOunity"]

XBOunity

yeah well i might buy another headset, which do you recommend, it has to work with both xbox and ps4 tho so i guess ill have to wait.Ā Ā  i know the a50 will work with the x1 but i wont be able to speak because it uses that 2.5mm connector.Ā Ā  i dont play alot of online games, right now using them with my ps3 and playing the last of us, and the sound quality to me is awesome, i can hear the clickers behind me and my wife dont bother me at all lol

There are many options in many price ranges. But the Astro Mixamp is a must. If you look around, you should be able to find the wireless one online. But like the A50's, chat could be an issue on the X1. I personally like the Sennheiser HD598's with an E5 headphone amp to my mixamp but all headphones sound different. From what I have read, the Samson SR850's are an excellent pair of cans for gaming at a very cheap price of $50 on Amazon. If you want chat though, you would need to go with either an $8 Zalman clip on mic or $30 mod mic. Take a look in the A/V board section, read the faq and read the threads. You will even see past posts of me defending my A40's to the death like a fanboy before I started listening to their opinions.
darksidecelica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 darksidecelica
Member since 2009 • 348 Posts

[QUOTE="darksidecelica"]

XBOunity

Still doesnt change the fact that an adapter must still be purchased to use your existing headsets, regardless of pricing. And knowing MS, it will NOT be $5. Overpriced HDD ring any bells?Ā 

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

[QUOTE="darksidecelica"]

XBOunity

Probably $20 minimum.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="darksidecelica"]

darksidecelica

Still doesnt change the fact that an adapter must still be purchased to use your existing headsets, regardless of pricing. And knowing MS, it will NOT be $5. Overpriced HDD ring any bells?Ā 

no way its more than 5-10 bucks, lets be realistic...

double_a73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#167 double_a73
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="Zero_epyon"] You just defined a headset.XBOunity

Nope, I just defined a cheap ass replacement that only Sony would attempt :lol:

does it even have a mic on the ps4 headset??Ā Ā  they look like the headset i can get at a five below :lol:

Ā 

Really? Is that what system wars has come to? Headset Wars?? Everyone in this thread does realize that they are claiming ownage over something as frivlous as a mic right?

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="darksidecelica"]

NathanDrakeSwag

Probably $20 minimum.

:lol:Ā  maybe at radio shack

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="darksidecelica"]

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

XBOunity

This is M$ the same company charging you $25 for your controller battery.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"] Nope, I just defined a cheap ass replacement that only Sony would attempt :lol: double_a73

does it even have a mic on the ps4 headset??Ā Ā  they look like the headset i can get at a five below :lol:

Ā 

Really? Is that what system wars has come to? Headset Wars?? Everyone is this thread does realize that they are claiming ownage over something as frivlous as a mic right?

yes i believe this is stupid.Ā Ā Ā  The adapter probably will be 5 bucks...Ā Ā Ā Ā 

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="darksidecelica"]

NathanDrakeSwag

again i can get rechargeable batteries for what 10 bucks???Ā Ā  or i can use AA's for the time being?Ā Ā Ā Ā  not a big deal...

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

XBOunity

again i can get rechargeable batteries for what 10 bucks???Ā Ā  or i can use AA's for the time being?Ā Ā Ā Ā  not a big deal...

Nickel and dime.

Why are Sony fans called cows again? Lems are the ones being milked dry.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

NathanDrakeSwag

Nickel and dime.

yeah i never really understood how sony fans are cows. I mean it was the lems who were first aboard on the pay to play ship and then sony forced it BECAUSE they saw MS make a lot from that. Oh well.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

NathanDrakeSwag

Nickel and dime.

i play both systems and i will get both ps4 and xbox one.Ā Ā  if you can afford it thats the only way to go.Ā Ā Ā  All big companies nickel and dime you, just like you having to pay for that shit hackable PSN.Ā Ā Ā  If anything should be free its that bullshit.Ā Ā Ā  I cant believe there is no outrage for that...

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="darksidecelica"]

darksidecelica

After seeing M$ charge $50 for an audio adaptor just to be able to use cheap headphones like the Turtle Beach X11/X12's, I doubt this adaptor will be $5. The funny thing is, those headphones actually worked without the adaptor but you had to remove the shield from the A/V cables so they would fit with the HDMI plugged in. I even lost my Ambassador privliges because of this since showing somebody how to bypass the need for their unneeded accessory is considered System Tampering.
Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

Bend over Lemmings

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 XBOunity

[QUOTE="darksidecelica"]

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

Murderstyle75

After seeing M$ charge $50 for an audio adaptor just to be able to use cheap headphones like the Turtle Beach X11/X12's, I doubt this adaptor will be $5. The funny thing is, those headphones actually worked without the adaptor but you had to remove the shield from the A/V cables so they would fit with the HDMI plugged in. I even lost my Ambassador privliges because of this since showing somebody how to bypass the need for their unneeded accessory is considered System Tampering.

i dont even know how they would do it???Ā Ā  its a 2.5mm connector,Ā  what the hell or how the hell can you make an adapter for that if your controller has no input?

Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Kaz_Son
Member since 2013 • 1389 Posts
TLHBO!
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts

Was the PS3 headset, available for a fee?

lundy86_4
/thread
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 XBOunity

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

ShaineTheNerd

/thread

double_a73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 double_a73
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

yes i believe this is stupid. Ā Ā 

XBOunity

Who says Cows and Lems can't agree?

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="darksidecelica"]

XBOunity

i dont even know how they would do it???Ā Ā  its a 2.5mm connector,Ā  what the hell or how the hell can you make an adapter for that if your controller has no input?

Maybe through USB or even Toslink? The Astros don't need to use a 2.5 jack on the PS3 and the only reason they have to on the 360 is because Madcatz (Tritton) paid for exclusive rights on the platform.
youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#183 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

Chris_Williams
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

lundy86_4

PS3 headset...

C'mon now. You know that you can use ANY USB headset or BT headset on PS3.

If you had a USB headset for PC already, you were set.

On top of that, you could use any brand you wanted, not just Sony products.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#185 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

For a feeĀ :lol:

YZmE8UR.png

The weakest next gen console keeps getting more expensive by the day.

NathanDrakeSwag
Who the hell is Albert Penello? lol!! How does he know what Microsoft is doing?
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Murderstyle75

YZmE8UR.png

blackace

Maybe because he works for Microsoft and has so for the last 13 years? You certainly could have googled his name a lot faster than making this post.
handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

So you're using the past to justify ripping yourself off in the near-future?

Interesting strategy there.

lundy86_4

Why would we ignore the past? Interesting dodge-tactic, there.Ā 

sony learned from theirs while Microsoft forgot. Again, what is your point?
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#188 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
When the PS3 came out, you had to buy an adapter to use the transfer you save files from the PS2 to the PS3. Was there an outcry about this? Nope. Not a peep. You used the thing once and then it was useless.
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

danjammer69

PS3 headset...

What if we didn't have any USB headsets?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

When the PS3 came out, you had to buy an adapter to use the transfer you save files from the PS2 to the PS3. Was there an outcry about this? Nope. Not a peep. You used the thing once and then it was useless. donalbane

You are right, but the save problem between Xbox to Xbox 360 posed an issue as well. I remember wanting to transfer my Halo 2 (and other games) from Xbox to 360. I couldn't even use my old Xbox memory cards on the 360.

A long time later, there was a device released on 360 for transferring saves but it wasn't 1st party, sothat argument applies across both machines. The Wii, like the PS2 though, had memory card slots for their GC, and PSOne, consumers.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 SolidTy

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

danjammer69

PS3 headset...

Even though it was a shame the PS3 didn't ship with any headsets, I should also add that the PS2 headsets from SOCOM and many other online games worked on PS3.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#192 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

[QUOTE="donalbane"]When the PS3 came out, you had to buy an adapter to use the transfer you save files from the PS2 to the PS3. Was there an outcry about this? Nope. Not a peep. You used the thing once and then it was useless. SolidTy

You are right, but the save problem between Xbox to Xbox 360 posed an issue as well. I remember wanting to transfer my Halo 2 (and other games) from Xbox to 360. I couldn't even use my old Xbox memory cards on the 360.

A long time later, there was a device released on 360 for transferring saves but it wasn't 1st party, sothat argument applies across both machines. The Wii, like the PS2 though, had memory card slots for their GC, and PSOne, consumers.

My point is that whenever there's a new generation, there are often transitory expenses that act as a segue from one gen to the next, and only One console seems to get grief for it.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="donalbane"]When the PS3 came out, you had to buy an adapter to use the transfer you save files from the PS2 to the PS3. Was there an outcry about this? Nope. Not a peep. You used the thing once and then it was useless. donalbane

My point is that whenever there's a new generation, there are often transitory expenses that act as a segue from one gen to the next, and only One console seems to get grief for it.

I can tell you that neither console got much grief in that save transfer aspect last generation in SW, as I was here for that.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

[QUOTE="double_a73"]

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

XBOunity

Ā 

Really? Is that what system wars has come to? Headset Wars?? Everyone is this thread does realize that they are claiming ownage over something as frivlous as a mic right?

yes i believe this is stupid.Ā Ā Ā  The adapter probably will be 5 bucks...Ā Ā Ā Ā 

Let's not forget the 100$ wireless adapter
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

lundy86_4

PS3 headsets work on PS4.

It's about past headsets working on future consoles. Not if the headsets cost money to buy.Ā 

Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#196 Benny_Blakk
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

lundy86_4

PS3 headset...

Actually, I still use the bluetooth headset that I had purchased for my cell phone. Really cool that one little Motorolla earpiece was supported by more than one device.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

YZmE8UR.png

Murderstyle75

Maybe because he works for Microsoft and has so for the last 13 years? You certainly could have googled his name a lot faster than making this post.

clueless lem is clueless, doesnt even know that guy is from Microsoft :lol:

Ā 

and dam that sucks... id have to spend even more money now to use my Turtle Beach headset on the Xbox One if i got one? =/ dam that really sucks....Ā :?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

But my PS3 headset will work on my PS4 without an adapter...Merex760

Nobody argued that.

danjammer69

Okay? Many individuals had to Ā buy Ā a headset. Regardless of what you bought it for, or where you got it, it was likely bought with actual Ā money.

sony learned from theirs while Microsoft forgot. Again, what is your point?handssss

That Cows are criticizing MS, for something many of them lauded Sony for.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

Actually, I still use the bluetooth headset that I had purchased for my cell phone. Really cool that one little Motorolla earpiece was supported by more than one device.

Benny_Blakk

Again, awesome? You still had to pay for it, whether it was for that use, or not. That's what i'm criticizing.

PS3 headsets work on PS4.

It's about past headsets working on future consoles. Not if the headsets cost money to buy.Ā 

clr84651

On the contrary, it was about the fee. Look at TC's initial post.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

What I don't understand is the hype behind Sony's $1.50 PS4 headset.

tumblr_moezjrc5EZ1s63ovdo1_1280.jpg

Ā 

It costsĀ $2.57Ā at MonopriceĀ for plastic stereo earbuds + microphone.

Ā Product Image for Premium Earphones w/ Mic for iPhoneĀ®, iPodĀ®, all iPadĀ®, Smartphones, and more