Old headsets will work on Xbone

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

What I don't understand is the hype behind Sony's $1.50 PS4 headset.

tumblr_moezjrc5EZ1s63ovdo1_1280.jpg

Ā 

It costsĀ $2.57Ā at MonopriceĀ for plastic stereo earbuds + microphone.

Ā Product Image for Premium Earphones w/ Mic for iPhoneĀ®, iPodĀ®, all iPadĀ®, Smartphones, and more

NVIDIATI
Do all earbuds cost $2.57? I'm pretty sure mine were $100. Not saying the PS4 ones aren't shit however they aren't going to be any worse than every cheap Microsoft headset we have seen so far. You guys act as if an on ear headphone is somehow better when all you are really getting is more plastic.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

Ā 

Ā Product Image for Premium Earphones w/ Mic for iPhoneĀ®, iPodĀ®, all iPadĀ®, Smartphones, and more

Murderstyle75
Do all earbuds cost $2.57? I'm pretty sure mine were $100. Not saying the PS4 ones aren't shit however they aren't going to be any worse than every cheap Microsoft headset we have seen so far. You guys act as if an on ear headphone is somehow better when all you are really getting is more plastic.

lol yeah its a confirmed fact that the over the head mic you get with the 360 is quite a bit superior to the 50 cent one in the ps4. Don't deny it the one in the ps4 is cheaper then cheap. and I will laugh at you personally for paying 100 dollars for earbuds at that price you may as well just get some decent over the ear headphones and get something thats superior in every single way.
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

Do all earbuds cost $2.57? I'm pretty sure mine were $100. Not saying the PS4 ones aren't shit however they aren't going to be any worse than every cheap Microsoft headset we have seen so far. You guys act as if an on ear headphone is somehow better when all you are really getting is more plastic.Murderstyle75
"You guys" ?

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

I will laugh at you personally for paying 100 dollars for earbuds at that price you may as well just get some decent over the ear headphones and get something thats superior in every single way.WilliamRLBaker

*facepalm*

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

Ā 

WilliamRLBaker

lol yeah its a confirmed fact that the over the head mic you get with the 360 is quite a bit superior to the 50 cent one in the ps4. Don't deny it the one in the ps4 is cheaper then cheap. and I will laugh at you personally for paying 100 dollars for earbuds at that price you may as well just get some decent over the ear headphones and get something thats superior in every single way.

I already have a pair of Sennheiser HD598's and Audio Technica AD700's. Dont wear either pair out. For earbuds, my Kilpsch Image S4's have superior sound to probably anything you own and are fully compatible with my iPhone. With the XO vs PS4 headsets, we are comparing shit to shit. Its just sad that you Cows and Lems will debate over which turd is more polished.
darksidecelica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 darksidecelica
Member since 2009 • 348 Posts

[QUOTE="darksidecelica"]

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

how much is the adapater going to cost ?? 5 bucks???Ā  gimme a break

Murderstyle75

Still doesnt change the fact that an adapter must still be purchased to use your existing headsets, regardless of pricing. And knowing MS, it will NOT be $5. Overpriced HDD ring any bells?Ā 

After seeing M$ charge $50 for an audio adaptor just to be able to use cheap headphones like the Turtle Beach X11/X12's, I doubt this adaptor will be $5. The funny thing is, those headphones actually worked without the adaptor but you had to remove the shield from the A/V cables so they would fit with the HDMI plugged in. I even lost my Ambassador privliges because of this since showing somebody how to bypass the need for their unneeded accessory is considered System Tampering.

I actually had to do the same thing to use my Turtle Beach XP300 (bought the Earforce DSS processor too). I too had to remove the plastic cover off as I was using HDMI for my audio/video and the two would not plug in at the same time. With the ps3, I just plugged into the optical output and I was good to go. The headset came with a "puck" that plugged into the Xbox controller for wireless Xbox Live chat, of which now I don't even know if my headset will have wireless Xbox Live chat, as I think Turtle Beach would have to be the ones to make a replacement Ā "puck" that can plug into the Xbox One remote.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts
[QUOTE="danjammer69"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

PS3 headset...

ShaineTheNerd

C'mon now. You know that you can use ANY USB headset or BT headset on PS3.

If you had a USB headset for PC already, you were set.

On top of that, you could use any brand you wanted, not just Sony products.

What if we didn't have any USB headsets?

Well of course that is a possibility, but you were at least left with multiple options.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#208 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Hey, at least Microsoft was kind enough to still include wifi for the console.

Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#209 Benny_Blakk
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

[QUOTE="Benny_Blakk"]

Actually, I still use the bluetooth headset that I had purchased for my cell phone. Really cool that one little Motorolla earpiece was supported by more than one device.

lundy86_4

Again, awesome? You still had to pay for it, whether it was for that use, or not. That's what i'm criticizing.

PS3 headsets work on PS4.

It's about past headsets working on future consoles. Not if the headsets cost money to buy.Ā 

clr84651

On the contrary, it was about the fee. Look at TC's initial post.

That's a short sighted criticism. The 360 headset is specifically for that, or even PC. The headset I use was something that was already in my posession for something completely unrelated to gaming prior to buying the console.

robybaggio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 robybaggio
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts
[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

Ā 

Murderstyle75

I have earbuds that cost $250. They are still earbuds.