OFFICIAL XBOX ONE: OP: Rplcmt SSD improves System speed.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#301 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12066 Posts

@SolidTy said:

To the TC:

The answer is 343's second main game, Halo 5, because I'm getting Destiny on PS4 due to more content/more powerful hardware for multiplats.

Hopefully 343 improves over their work on Halo 4.

I have more faith in Bungie over 343, but I'm sure Halo 5 will be a good time.

How do you compare Bungies 3rd effort with Halo though to 343's first effort with Halo?

Halo CE was good but was it as good as Halo 4?

I have also yet to see the "more powerful hardware" yet as well. BF4 and Dice is the only dev I trust with these new consoles from a 3rd party standpoint and their game looks and plays the same on both systems.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#302 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

get got destiny imo

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#303  Edited By Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

Is vibration disabled in killer instincts or is my controller faulty?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#305  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@XBOunity said:

@Heil68: come on dude lol its not even close. I move around woth voice faster than u move around with the ds4.....

@Heil68 said:

@XBOunity said:

@Heil68: come on dude lol its not even close. I move around woth voice faster than u move around with the ds4.....

lolno...And you kept repeating the PS4's UI is slow and clunky and it makes you MAD it's not, and that's not just coming from me either. lolz

Thanks for the great weekend though.

Anyone that thinks you can navigate a UI faster with some kind of manual input device, mouse, touchpad, controller, joystick, instead of voice commands is a very slow individual.

The voice commands have a steeper learning curve sure but once learned are infinitely faster than making moves on a controller. Voice commands are the future of how we will interact with technology. Our cars, and phones are a very good examples.

Nope Controllers faster. Sorry if you're butt hurt. But i've had extensive time with the one now. Those voice commands were very awesome and work very well./ But faster than the PS4 UI. Not a chance in hell. Same goes for phones etc. I hardly use siri and most people I know with smart phones barely use siri. Sure is it in our future? Yes. Is it better now? Absolutely awful now.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#306  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@SolidTy said:

To the TC:

The answer is 343's second main game, Halo 5, because I'm getting Destiny on PS4 due to more content/more powerful hardware for multiplats.

Hopefully 343 improves over their work on Halo 4.

I have more faith in Bungie over 343, but I'm sure Halo 5 will be a good time.

How do you compare Bungies 3rd effort with Halo though to 343's first effort with Halo?

Halo CE was good but was it as good as Halo 4?

I have also yet to see the "more powerful hardware" yet as well. BF4 and Dice is the only dev I trust with these new consoles from a 3rd party standpoint and their game looks and plays the same on both systems.

It doesn't sound like you played BF4 on both consoles. Nor have you done research on the BF4 Xbone vs. PS4 topic. Here's one of many, many links that break down THE FINAL RETAIL PRODUCT of both BF4 versions. Hint, the PS4 version wins in almost all comparisons. This is a very technical breakdown. Obviously, you could just compare them yourself by playing both versions, but you are heavily invested in Xbox gaming for years, so I don't imagine playing a PS4 is something you want to do, which is fine. If you aren't going to play them yourself and you don't have access to both machines...I would rely on the majority of the critics opinions I suppose, and they are not mirroring your statement. Here is a thread in SW where you can post to be owned on your BF4 statement if you wish to maintain that stance. Personally, I don't care, but it seems you cared enough to make that false BF4 remark, which is why I posted a BF4 SW link for you here.

Halo was a launch title for Bungie. They had to construct this entire concept, make an engine, and a game all for a console launch. 343 didn't have console launch pressure with Halo 4, it was an established brand with a giant install base of 75+ million users. 343 were given the keys to a well oiled Lamborghini Gallardo. 343 were ALSO even given the assets and engine of the EPIC game already developed and created by Bungie. It's hard to compare the two studios as Bungie developed all the assets 343 use to this day.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

@Animal-Mother:

Agree for the most part. The voice controls actually do work almost perfectly when used correctly and you get past the small learning curve. It is quicker to navigate while in menu with the controller over voice but if you are in game I would say its easier and maybe quicker to use voice.

If I just said Xbox record that and wanted to take a look at my clip instead of backing out of the game and going through the menus I could just say, Xbox go to upload, my videos, clip 2.

Can you snap the upload app? I haven't tried yet. That's one cool feature is snap. You don't have to even leave your game to multitask.

Overall the controller is quicker but now that I have the voice control down I find myself almost always using it.

It was a feature I was really worried about working correctly but glad when it did.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By Animal-Mother

@cheesie253 said:

@Animal-Mother:

Agree for the most part. The voice controls actually do work almost perfectly when used correctly and you get past the small learning curve. It is quicker to navigate while in menu with the controller over voice but if you are in game I would say its easier and maybe quicker to use voice.

If I just said Xbox record that and wanted to take a look at my clip instead of backing out of the game and going through the menus I could just say, Xbox go to upload, my videos, clip 2.

Can you snap the upload app? I haven't tried yet. That's one cool feature is snap. You don't have to even leave your game to multitask.

Overall the controller is quicker but now that I have the voice control down I find myself almost always using it.

It was a feature I was really worried about working correctly but glad when it did.

I spent a whole day at a friends house getting to tinker with it. Didn't get to try a lot of the cooler stuff. But I feel like I got to experience most of the core stuff. The learning curve is incredibly small which MS did an awesome job with and I have to say bravo to them for making it THAT easy.

It's a feature that works really well and while I found it was easy to navigate and fun to do so. I no way found it incredibly faster or a speed demon as some claim it to be.

Will it be updated in the future? Hell Ya. I mean from here it can only get better. It's a great system with a lot of potential and it'll only get better from launch as will everything else.

My two complaints about the system was Ryse took a bit longer to load and install than I expected. And I think the UI is just a cluttery mess. But that's opinion stuff.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 cheesie253

@Animal-Mother:

For sure. Definitely not beneficially quicker or vastly quicker. Just sometimes an easy option to hop around with.

I agree they did a great job with it I was really worried it wouldn't work well.

I don't mind the UI. I like that it is only three pages and the pins page is ok but I don't really use it. It does need some tweaking for easier use but so far I have no major issues with it.

I also didn't have any install waiting issues with Ryse that pretty much every other person had. My DR3 install took way way longer.

So far for me this gen is great. All three systems with no failures and I'm playing some fun games. I'm enjoying it.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 Animal-Mother

@cheesie253 said:

@Animal-Mother:

For sure. Definitely not beneficially quicker or vastly quicker. Just sometimes an easy option to hop around with.

I agree they did a great job with it I was really worried it wouldn't work well.

I don't mind the UI. I like that it is only three pages and the pins page is ok but I don't really use it. It does need some tweaking for easier use but so far I have no major issues with it.

I also didn't have any install waiting issues with Ryse that pretty much every other person had. My DR3 install took way way longer.

So far for me this gen is great. All three systems with no failures and I'm playing some fun games. I'm enjoying it.

Agree whole heartidly.

It's gonna be an amazing gen for everyone

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 cheesie253

@Animal-Mother:

Yep. Even if you only are able to get one of the three it's looking to be a great gen. Not that last gen was bad I just have a feeling good things are coming.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

I got my x1 yesterday and im loving it the controller fits nice in my hands, great grip on the sticks no slipping, the UI works very well except when trying to turn it on and very quiet im playing KI and going to get ryse today. Also torm look me up online lol you know you brought a x1

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#313 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

Man, Dead Rising 3 is the shit! I think it's hands down the best launch title between the PS4 and Xbox One

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

WOW... this thread is still lifeless.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#315 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

WOW... this thread is still lifeless.

Just like the wii u's userbase

Dun dun tsk!

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#316 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

HAhaha

dead thread is dead

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

HAhaha

dead thread is dead

Too busy playing all the great launch games.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@Desmonic said:

^^

Dafuq is this sh!t?! Just get banned already dude. That suicide thread of yours was a good start.

Good riddance.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

HAhaha

dead thread is dead

Seriously though it is and the PS4 thread is slow too. Hey @Wasdie can we dump these threads and re sticky P2M? We have a cast coming up next week discussing the X1. Like to get as many people on it that have the console as possible.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#322 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@Xaero_Gravity: Yet GS is still allowing him to post! wtf is wrong back in the day i got suspended for calling someone a moron!

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Almost 3am where I am and my GameStop has only sold 4 Xbox One's out of 15 they got for tonight. They only sold 2 out of the 4 because people wanted PS4's but had to settle for Xbox because they were too late. They got 9 PS4's and those were gone in 10 minutes.

Interesting.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Dead thread because lems are actually playing their games and not on SW. That's where I've been for the last week. Playing KZ:SF. Resogun, Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, KI & Powerstar Golf. Came back here to see what the trolls were doing. Same crap as usual.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Heil68

@blackace said:

Dead thread because lems are actually playing their games and not on SW. That's where I've been for the last week. Playing KZ:SF. Resogun, Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, KI & Powerstar Golf. Came back here to see what the trolls were doing. Same crap as usual.

Add me to PSN and lets play some games!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 sukraj

@supercowelitist said:

Destiny hands down. Halo 5 is just another rehash with rehash gameplay. Destiny looks innovated

I'm not sure if i'll buy Halo 5 but I will buy Destiny that game looks so much fun to play with.

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#327  Edited By EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

@blackace said:

This pretty much sums up SW over the past week. Granted, I don't have PS4 right now but I beat Ryse, started playing AC4 and crazy addicted to KI. You come here and it's the same babble from the same usual suspects. It's quite sad.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12066 Posts

Yes, this is really the first day I have been paying attention to the forums. Seriously been in the Dojo of KI for probably 8-9 hours. Also BF4 when it is not erasing my game saves and not working (Damn you Dice).

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

If gamespot didnt introduce this horrendous new redesign to the website,SW would still be active.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By John_Matherson

Remove the sticky!

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@XBOunity said:

@Heil68 said:

@XBOunity said:

lolno...And you kept repeating the PS4's UI is slow and clunky and it makes you MAD it's not, and that's not just coming from me either. lolz

Thanks for the great weekend though.

Anyone that thinks you can navigate a UI faster with some kind of manual input device, mouse, touchpad, controller, joystick, instead of voice commands is a very slow individual.

The voice commands have a steeper learning curve sure but once learned are infinitely faster than making moves on a controller. Voice commands are the future of how we will interact with technology. Our cars, and phones are a very good examples.

Nope Controllers faster. Sorry if you're butt hurt. But i've had extensive time with the one now. Those voice commands were very awesome and work very well./ But faster than the PS4 UI. Not a chance in hell. Same goes for phones etc. I hardly use siri and most people I know with smart phones barely use siri. Sure is it in our future? Yes. Is it better now? Absolutely awful now.

No I have to agree with Heil68 and Kuu2. Navigating my xbox is super fast, just say "go to <app name>" and its open without havign to scroll through the UI to get to the app and then select it. I'm in an app like Killer Instinct and can switch to Dead Rising 3 in only the amount of time it takes to say "xbox go to dead rising 3" .. there is no comparison with speed of voice vs old school controller methods. Its nice MS left the ability to use onyl a controller in and made it work well too, but voice is definitely the future for tech. Hell, I can switch to a TV channel without even touching my remote and it happens nearly instantly! No flipping inputs, pressign guide and scrolling or typing in the channel number... all that is gone.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Ratchet_Fan8 said:

If gamespot didnt introduce this horrendous new redesign to the website,SW would still be active.

LMAO!!! PS4 thread has how many times as much views?

Face it, the only thing dying here is the XBox. Not even surveys will keep it alive.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 John_Matherson

@Shewgenja said:

@Ratchet_Fan8 said:

Face it, the only thing dying here is the XBox. Not even surveys will keep it alive.

No, he's got a point. Back in the good times--hell this time last year--this thread would've been at least 50 pages by now.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@Ratchet_Fan8 said:

You hold some water,but my bowl also does too.

PS4 thread has lots more views,but even on the most recent page you'll see a post made a day ago. I never saw that before the redesign.Where the **** did they all go ? I hope not the Gametrailers forums,eugh,that place was for punks. Neogaf?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 sukraj

@CleanPlayer said:

Man, Dead Rising 3 is the shit! I think it's hands down the best launch title between the PS4 and Xbox One

Yes I heard dead rising 3 is so much fun.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

WHY THE F*CK IS THIS A STICKY???

Bias, mods? Really? And people wonder why so many people are leaving SW...

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By John_Matherson

@StormyJoe said:

How is it bias? The ps4 hype is a sticky too

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By StormyJoe

@John_Matherson said:

@StormyJoe said:

Because you have absolutely no idea if the PS4 ever "took" North America! NONE! No sales figures are available. You are just assuming they did, because you are a fanboy.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By John_Matherson

@StormyJoe said:

@John_Matherson said:

@StormyJoe said:

Because you have absolutely no idea if the PS4 ever "took" North America! NONE! No sales figures are available. You are just assuming they did, because you are a fanboy.

Hey cry baby, the media and the constant bad news from MS is how they lost NA. I'm not taking about sales but about Morale and support

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@John_Matherson said:

@StormyJoe said:

WTF....

Sony sold 1.4 million units in US as of December 1, and 700k in EU,for a total of 2.1 million,MS hasn't even reach 1 million yet on US,this comming NPD should be incredibly fun.

Fact is sony deliver 1 million on US on 24 hours,MS could not deliver 1 million in US because they release on 13 countries UK alone eat 150k out of the million so it was 850k for 12 countries including US.

So yeah PS4 >>>>>>> xbox one on US and on UK as well..hahaha..

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

@John_Matherson said:

@StormyJoe said:

WTF....

Sony sold 1.4 million units in US as of December 1, and 700k in EU,for a total of 2.1 million,MS hasn't even reach 1 million yet on US,this comming NPD should be incredibly fun.

Fact is sony deliver 1 million on US on 24 hours,MS could not deliver 1 million in US because they release on 13 countries UK alone eat 150k out of the million so it was 850k for 12 countries including US.

So yeah PS4 >>>>>>> xbox one on US and on UK as well..hahaha..

I suppose I shouldn't expect more from a super-moo-cow like Tormentos. Anyway...

There are no fricken sales figures from NPD yet. Stop making sh*t up, Tormentos.

I am not even saying the PS4 hasn't outsold the XB1 so far. I am saying there is no concrete numbers anywhere to say that. NONE.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 Heil68

Whoever wants to play some DR3 add me. BroknOath

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#344  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Is there anything better than having your Xbox turn on/off your entire home theater system by just saying On/Off?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50634 Posts

Amazon has some in stock right now for anyone looking for one.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Chutebox

****, just caved and bought one and Dead Rising 3. How to explain to the wife...

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 John_Matherson

@Chutebox said:

****, just caved and bought one and Dead Rising 3. How to explain to the wife...

You should've gotten a PS4. Now instead you're getting divorced.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 Chutebox

@John_Matherson said:

@Chutebox said:

You should've gotten a PS4. Now instead you're getting divorced.

Already have one.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 Chutebox

Meh, cancelled it. Going to wait since I know I'll piss off the wife lol

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Yes, this is really the first day I have been paying attention to the forums. Seriously been in the Dojo of KI for probably 8-9 hours. Also BF4 when it is not erasing my game saves and not working (Damn you Dice).

No sh!t. I'm still doing Dojo with Jago. I have bought the full game yet, but will do that this weekend. KI is awesome though. So many timing elements just to land a hit or break a combo. Need lots of practice. I waited on BF4. Just way to many bugs and online issues with that game right now. I'll get it next year after everything has been fixed.