OFFICIAL XBOX ONE: OP: Rplcmt SSD improves System speed.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@yokofox33 said:

Can't decide whether or not to open my Xbox One box... Just can't decide if I want to keep it or not. Such a major dilemma I'm having here. I need help...

It seems like once they flesh out the UI issues its gonna be a great console.

Yeah, but I'm only interested in Dead Rising right now (maybe Forza) and I don't know if the 600+ bucks I spent on it is worth it right this second.

Yea, its not really worth it right now but imo neither console is. Next year is gonna be great though.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

jeff gerstmann just said DS4>>> xbone controller on twitch : )

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

X1 over 1 million units sold to consumers already according to giant bomb

1 million.. WORLDWIDE.

Knock you down a couple notches there memes LMAO.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By mems_1224

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@mems_1224 said:

1 million.. WORLDWIDE.

k

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#255 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@mems_1224 said:

1 million.. WORLDWIDE.

hahhahahaahha

so sad

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

So after the all day xbone stream by giant bomb,at the end jeff says PS4 is the better machine :D

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 mems_1224

@killzowned24 said:

So after the all day xbone stream by giant bomb,at the end jeff says PS4 is the better machine :D

Thats not what he said. Try again noob

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#258 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

So lemmings, are you regretting anything and you need to confess? :P

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#259  Edited By GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I got my xbox one today, and the only game I got for it was Forza 5. I would have gotten more games for it, but I already own all the muliplats I wanted on the PS4. I'll start off with what I liked about the console. The new xbox party chats voice quality is really good, when you are talking to someone, it sounds like you are next to them. I dont know if its something to do with the new headsets, or just the new party system. 2nd Would be the dash not being full of ads anymore. The new dash does take some getting used to, but I got the basics down after my 1st hour. 3rd Would be the TV/cable box integration, the xbox was easily able to take control of my TV and Dish box. For the most part this feature works really well, I didnt find any faults with it. Now for other aspects that I didnt quite enjoy... The UI is not as easy to use as I would have liked it to be, features like sending voice messages, or entering a simple video chat are not there. I know there is skype, but that is completely separate from XBL, as you cant even use your tag with it. The X1 is missing Dolby 5.1 for whatever reason, so I doubt my turtle beach headset will work with the console. Now I have played 3 games total with the X1, Forza 5,KI, and the kinect sports demo. I found all 3 to be good, Forza being the best of the 3. Forza 5 plays very well for a sim racer, but the graphics dont impress at all. Cars are very detailed, and they do look good, but the environments, and lighting just ruin the over all experience. Over all I'm just indifferent about the console.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

2scoopsofempty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 2scoopsofempty
Member since 2005 • 923 Posts

@GTSaiyanjin2: Great post. thanks for the honest input.

@PinkiePirate said:

oh damn... lol that's just funny

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#262  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@yokofox33 said:

Can't decide whether or not to open my Xbox One box... Just can't decide if I want to keep it or not. Such a major dilemma I'm having here. I need help...

It seems like once they flesh out the UI issues its gonna be a great console.

Yeah, but I'm only interested in Dead Rising right now (maybe Forza) and I don't know if the 600+ bucks I spent on it is worth it right this second.

Same exact boat except I have no interest in Dead Rising (not a fan of dev or series) or Forza (not into racers)...I'm looking at a box with no games to play.I did get K.I. for free though, but I'm not feeling that game is worth opening the box after playing it at a friends place.

Not sure if I should open this box or for the first time at a console launch just return it and wait for the inevitable $400 Xbone next year bundled with some cool, good games. I already want to trade in the Kinect camera, but stores aren't interested in buying them...yet.

I can tell it's a nice console, although I care not for any of the media/nfl stuff, but buying it now with no interest in any current exclusive game. It seems redundant as of now.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#263 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Never had a Microsoft console before so I thought I'd give it a go, loving it so far. Forza is amazing, xbox fit is cool and actually works. The UI and kinect advancements won me over, plus I'm bored of Sony's exclusives, 3 uncharted games is enough for me, I was done with God of war after the 3rd, didnt like Infamous 2 (character change threw me off), Killzone 3 was no where near as good as 2. So yeah, time for a change.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8283 Posts

@sailor232 said:

Never had a Microsoft console before so I thought I'd give it a go, loving it so far. Forza is amazing, xbox fit is cool and actually works. The UI and kinect advancements won me over, plus I'm bored of Sony's exclusives, 3 uncharted games is enough for me, I was done with God of war after the 3rd, didnt like Infamous 2 (character change threw me off), Killzone 3 was no where near as good as 2. So yeah, time for a change.

lol so you went to the Forza, Halo and Gears camp?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#265 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I went to a friends house and played it for a couple hours last night. While it did take a solid hour for all of us to wrap our head around the kinect and Voice commands it was pretty neat.

Needless to say I think the UI is an utter mess and travesty. It's a crappier windows metro screen. I found the installations to be worse on the one as well. We popped in Ryse son of rome, Which A) took a bit of time to install (noted it was longer than a PS4 Install) and B) when it finally said ready to play it took us to the main menu and CONTINUED to install before allowing us to play.

On to Ryse. While Ryse I think is easily one of the best looking launch games out of the pack I thought it to run inconsistently. While at times it would run really solid, when the action would pick up there were noticeable framerate drops and needless to say it was boring as all hell as I had probably seen what the whole game had to offer in the first hour and a half. It's quicktime heavy and really just a laughable game IMO. Unfortunately that was the only game he picked up ( Not really a "gamer" like Us per se, but needless to say he was having fun with it)

All in all I though the One is a neat piece of technology with its TV capabilities marred by a terrible UI interface and just overall poor design choices. Does it have something going for it? Absolutely. I feel as if they finally nailed what kinect was supposed to be and can do some very interesting things with it in the future. Otherwise I felt it was a DVR that played nice looking games as a bonus.

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 LanceSSJ
Member since 2003 • 882 Posts

Add me for some gaming. I have bf4 dr3 n ryse

gt: LanceX2

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#267  Edited By Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Absolutely love it. Dead Rising 3 is a blast, and the voice control features are awesome. I love being able to turn down the volume without having to set down my controller. I love how connected the system is. It makes the PS4 UI/Network look like it's from 2007. I love my PS4, but i can tell my Xbox One is going to be the system im using most of the time.

I am very impressed how much Kinect 2.0 has managed to impress me. Just sitting in my bed and saying, "Xbox watch ESPN." I can tell im going to be using the voice features a lot. You know when it's late and the remote is just out of your reach, but you are so comfy you don't want to move? It's brilliant.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I really like how you can customize your own home screen and make it different from other users on the same XO. There's so many nice small touches that when you add it all up, it just craps on the PSN/UI. The XO and Xbox Live can really jump ahead while PS4/PSN stay stuck.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#269 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

So far I like my Xbox One. Dead Rising 3 is pretty awesome, I'm really impressed with the weapon customization, the zombies multiplying as you kill one after the other, and how funny it is. I tried a little bit of Killer Instinct, which looks gorgeous, but the D-pad bugged me out.

Compared to my PS4, I think the home screen UI interface is really confusing and tedious. I hate how long the installation times are, and how I can't party chat with my friends who have a 360 (TOTAL BS) but I'm hoping Microsoft turns it around. Also the controller is nice, despite the god awful shoulder LB/RB buttons -________-

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

Seems like people prefer PS4's UI to X1'..bu bu bu the PS4 is a slow clunky mess...lel

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Would love to pick one up but I just got into the states and looks like there aren't any available

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

@Heil68: come on dude lol its not even close. I move around woth voice faster than u move around with the ds4.....

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Heil68

@XBOunity said:

@Heil68: come on dude lol its not even close. I move around woth voice faster than u move around with the ds4.....

lolno...And you kept repeating the PS4's UI is slow and clunky and it makes you MAD it's not, and that's not just coming from me either. lolz

Thanks for the great weekend though.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 sailor232

@Sollet: Yes, I've never played any of those games so they should be a fresh experience to me.

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 LanceSSJ
Member since 2003 • 882 Posts

add me LanceX2

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Animal-Mother

@XBOunity said:

No, I gave it a good whirl last night. I didn't move around faster on the UI with voice commands....

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I'm pretty disappointed so far. The controller is heavy and clunky, the OS is a jumbled mess and I can't connect to the EA servers in Madden. They make me pay for live and I still can't even use 70% of the game because it all revolves around online.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Animal-Mother

@DaBrainz said:

I'm pretty disappointed so far. The controller is heavy and clunky, the OS is a jumbled mess and I can't connect to the EA servers in Madden. They make me pay for live and I still can't even use 70% of the game because it all revolves around online.

Well it's launch day. So give the only a couple of days to iron itself out. It's fair to say it's bound to happen.

Controller I was indifferent about.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

@DaBrainz:

Can't say I believe you. The controller is definitely not heavy or clunky.

I'm liking both new consoles and have had zero problems. No UI problems on either side as well. Both work just fine. My One has had more playtime but that's because I have three games for it opposed to 1 ( only counting exclusives ).

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

@cheesie253:

I don't believe either.

The WiiU controller is $10 cheaper, is light as a feather and has an 80 hour battery life from a rechargeable Li ion battery. For $60, this this just isn't up to par. I have 3rd party 360 controllers that were $20 and just as good if not better. MS has a lot of nerve pricing this at $60.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#282 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts
Loading Video...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Heil68

@cheesie253 said:

@DaBrainz:

Can't say I believe you. The controller is definitely not heavy or clunky.

I'm liking both new consoles and have had zero problems. No UI problems on either side as well. Both work just fine. My One has had more playtime but that's because I have three games for it opposed to 1 ( only counting exclusives ).

Controller has a wobble and it';s not as balanced and ergonomically fit as the DS4..

Loading Video...

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 cheesie253

@Heil68:

Guess its a good thing I don't play games with it sitting on a table. Still better than my wobbly PS4.

Honestly though the shoulder buttons could have been better. Takes a little getting used to when switching from the 360 pad.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

My initial impressions after ~24 hours:

The voice commands are pretty cool and I so far my Xbox has held up pretty well to being turned on all day (no points awarded for working as it should - but its good that it is).

I love that you can set it up so your entire home theater system can be turned on and off by just saying "Xbox On" and "Xbox Turn Off"

Forza 5 is pretty goddamn amazing - I have to relearn how to drive and the cars handling is a monstrous improvement over Forza 4.

I really like Killer Instinct, but I am fucking...well, turrible. So its kinda like Metal Gear Solid and Uncharted, I respect it for what is but its just not for me.

The UI on the Xbox is pretty much irrelevant as you can browse to anything using your voice - so who cares what it looks like or where something is inside the UI.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 cheesie253

@CleanPlayer:

I don't really see any problems with the UI that most do. Party chat is ridiculous to not include 360 players I agree. The triggers I don't mind but the shoulder butters are a little weird to get used to. You have to either pull your finger back and push with your fingertip on the outside or roll the finger over the button. Once I got used to the roll it wasn't too bad.

I do feel the controller is a bit small though. I would even say I have smaller hands. I also prefer a heavier controller and think it could be a little more hefty.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#287  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Played Xbone at my cousin's.

Ryse looks reeeeeeeeeallly good, but plays terribly.

I was honesty expecting Forza to look better (still looks good), and the racing is as good as always.

Also: The TV functionality is actually really nice. It really is an all-in one media center.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#288 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

@cheesie253 said:

@CleanPlayer:

I don't really see any problems with the UI that most do. Party chat is ridiculous to not include 360 players I agree. The triggers I don't mind but the shoulder butters are a little weird to get used to. You have to either pull your finger back and push with your fingertip on the outside or roll the finger over the button. Once I got used to the roll it wasn't too bad.

I do feel the controller is a bit small though. I would even say I have smaller hands. I also prefer a heavier controller and think it could be a little more hefty.

I'm gonna spend more time with the UI to understand it. Yeah, it's just so strange some of the decisions Microsoft made with the Xbox One regarding it's party chat restrictions and the controller design. The 360 controller is still king, maybe they'll one day patch it so you can use that instead of the Xbox One controller. It's a bummer the shoulder button is crucial for Dead Rising 3, but I'll get used to it.

And yeah the controller does feel pretty light. Even though I have large hands, I haven't noticed a difference in the size of it. At least the dpad is a thousand times better lol

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 cheesie253

@CleanPlayer:

I'm sure it's to try and get people to upgrade to be able to chat with friends who already bought the one. Maybe the controller being lighter just makes me think it's smaller. I've gotten used to the shoulder buttons now and love the controller. D pad is way better but I need to pick up a fightstick for KI.

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#290 SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

Destiny hands down. Halo 5 is just another rehash with rehash gameplay. Destiny looks innovated

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@supercowelitist said:

Destiny hands down. Halo 5 is just another rehash with rehash gameplay. Destiny looks innovated

Bungie or 343, it isn't much of a contest.

Though Halo 5 is sounding promising, at least from the limited information available.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#292  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

To the TC:

The answer is 343's second main game, Halo 5, because I'm getting Destiny on PS4 due to more content/more powerful hardware for multiplats.

Hopefully 343 improves over their work on Halo 4.

I have more faith in Bungie over 343, but I'm sure Halo 5 will be a good time.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

What the hell happened to the forum??? It's freakin dead here!

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 sailor232

Yeah GS forums are dead now. I still like to visit though.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#297 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

Not going to be getting mine into a Halo comes out. Even then it's a stretch.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#298 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

wow........OFFICIAL XBOX ONE and only 294 posts.....lolol

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#299 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

@Gue1 said:
Loading Video...

It sound like a fart........lol

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12066 Posts

@XBOunity said:

@Heil68 said:

@XBOunity said:

lolno...And you kept repeating the PS4's UI is slow and clunky and it makes you MAD it's not, and that's not just coming from me either. lolz

Thanks for the great weekend though.

Anyone that thinks you can navigate a UI faster with some kind of manual input device, mouse, touchpad, controller, joystick, instead of voice commands is a very slow individual.

The voice commands have a steeper learning curve sure but once learned are infinitely faster than making moves on a controller. Voice commands are the future of how we will interact with technology. Our cars, and phones are a very good examples.