Official Metal Gear Rising (X360) Thread - KEEP IT HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bdum_pshhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#301 bdum_pshhh
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="bdum_pshhh"] It must be a monumental task to send an email to kojima productions asking "Are you making MGS4 for the XBOX 360", obviously you need to be some kind of gigantic journalistic corporation to ask them that question.

Why don't you send them an email then if it's so easy to get an answer from them? I love the proof that the "blog" provided as well. Oh wait... there was none.

and yet all this started from a twitter post started from a twitter post which obviously has TONS of credible proof. :roll:
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#302 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49605 Posts
Right. They should've requested an audio recording of that statement or something along those lines. :roll:nervmeister
A copy of the email (if that was the such route taken) would have been suffice. If you're an unknown blogger, how the **** would anyone take anything you say seriously without proof? :|
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="bdum_pshhh"] and yet all this started from a twitter post started from a twitter post which obviously has TONS of credible proof. :roll:

It does? According to whom?
bdum_pshhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 bdum_pshhh
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="bdum_pshhh"] and yet all this started from a twitter post started from a twitter post which obviously has TONS of credible proof. :roll:

It does? According to whom?

A secret "xbox tester" those were the actual words used, supposedly has a ton of inside information about the 360 which include MGS4, some kind of secret killswitch that MS can activate and some other stuff. Despite Aaron Greenberg flat out denying 360 MGS4.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="bdum_pshhh"] A secret "xbox tester" those were the actual words used, supposedly has a ton of inside information about the 360 which include MGS4, some kind of secret killswitch that MS can activate and some other stuff. Despite Aaron Greenberg flat out denying 360 MGS4.

That's all nice. But how is any of that relevant to what I asked? Are you assuming I think it's credible? lol.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#306 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
MGS4 isn't coming to the 360. MGS5, maybe, along side the PS3. There is no way Kojima would alienate the main audience for the franchise by giving Microsoft any kind of exclusive rights etc. At least, my logical mind won't allow me to think that. In all honesty, I wouldn't doubt that whatever Kojima is working on, it's going to be on the PS3 and 360. Maybe even the wii. But only time will tell. I am 99.999999(repeating)% sure MGS4 is not coming to the 360 at this time, and i'm a good 75% sure that it never will.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#307 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
[QUOTE="0rin"]MGS4 isn't coming to the 360. MGS5, maybe, along side the PS3. There is no way Kojima would alienate the main audience for the franchise by giving Microsoft any kind of exclusive rights etc. At least, my logical mind won't allow me to think that. In all honesty, I wouldn't doubt that whatever Kojima is working on, it's going to be on the PS3 and 360. Maybe even the wii. But only time will tell. I am 99.999999(repeating)% sure MGS4 is not coming to the 360 at this time, and i'm a good 75% sure that it never will.

Never say never, especially when the game has no reason not to go to 360 money-wise. Konami is facing hard times...
bdum_pshhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 bdum_pshhh
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="bdum_pshhh"] A secret "xbox tester" those were the actual words used, supposedly has a ton of inside information about the 360 which include MGS4, some kind of secret killswitch that MS can activate and some other stuff. Despite Aaron Greenberg flat out denying 360 MGS4.

That's all nice. But how is any of that relevant to what I asked? Are you assuming I think it's credible? lol.

"It does? According to whom?" you asked who said it, I replied.
clubsammich91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#310 clubsammich91
Member since 2009 • 2229 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="0rin"]MGS4 isn't coming to the 360. MGS5, maybe, along side the PS3. There is no way Kojima would alienate the main audience for the franchise by giving Microsoft any kind of exclusive rights etc. At least, my logical mind won't allow me to think that. In all honesty, I wouldn't doubt that whatever Kojima is working on, it's going to be on the PS3 and 360. Maybe even the wii. But only time will tell. I am 99.999999(repeating)% sure MGS4 is not coming to the 360 at this time, and i'm a good 75% sure that it never will.

Never say never, especially when the game has no reason not to go to 360 money-wise. Konami is facing hard times...

If MGS4 was on the 360 it would seriously have to be gimped. Not only that, but all the Macs and ipods would have to go. It would be a HUGE financial risk putting it on the 360 with practically no MGS fanbase.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="bdum_pshhh"] "It does? According to whom?" you asked who said it, I replied.

... which was replying to this part from your post: "...which obviously has TONS of credible proof"
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Toriko42
[QUOTE="clubsammich91"][QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="0rin"]MGS4 isn't coming to the 360. MGS5, maybe, along side the PS3. There is no way Kojima would alienate the main audience for the franchise by giving Microsoft any kind of exclusive rights etc. At least, my logical mind won't allow me to think that. In all honesty, I wouldn't doubt that whatever Kojima is working on, it's going to be on the PS3 and 360. Maybe even the wii. But only time will tell. I am 99.999999(repeating)% sure MGS4 is not coming to the 360 at this time, and i'm a good 75% sure that it never will.

If MGS4 was on the 360 it would seriously have to be gimped. Not only that, but all the Macs and ipods would have to go. It would be a HUGE financial risk putting it on the 360 with practically no MGS fanbase.

There's tons of people who owned PS2's who'd dig a port of MGS4 not to mention the people who'd try it out anyways. It's pretty critically acclaimed after all. That's like saying a port of LBP wouldn't succeed cause there was no fanbase on the 360, fanbases can be built...
clubsammich91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 clubsammich91

[QUOTE="clubsammich91"][QUOTE="Toriko42"] Never say never, especially when the game has no reason not to go to 360 money-wise. Konami is facing hard times...Toriko42

There's tons of people who owned PS2's who'd dig a port of MGS4 not to mention the people who'd try it out anyways. It's pretty critically acclaimed after all. That's like saying a port of LBP wouldn't succeed cause there was no fanbase on the 360, fanbases can be built...

LBP is a completely different game than MGS4. Fanbases can be built, but it would take up too much of Konami's time and money. If I were them I wouldn't risk putting a best selling PS3 game(the best selling PS3 game) on a system that couldn't handle it technologically in the first place with a almost zero MGS fanbase(if there were 360 MGS fans they would have bought a PS3 to play MGS4) It would just be a stupid risk puting it on the 360 with little chance of it paying off.

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 sireclaborn
Member since 2008 • 1305 Posts
[QUOTE="clubsammich91"][QUOTE="Toriko42"] Never say never, especially when the game has no reason not to go to 360 money-wise. Konami is facing hard times...Toriko42

look.... would you put millions into a halo game thats on the ps3. knowing that the main and majority of the fanbase is on the 360. you wouldn't....trust me.your thinking in what ifs and fairy tale crap. if you losing money your not going to take a huge risk that is almost a guaranteed flop. plus those people who owned a ps2 and wanted to play mgs4, would of played mgs4 on the ps3 by now, its been a year already...... it also doesn't make since to assume that ps2 owners all jumped onto the 360 bandwagon..
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Toriko42

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="clubsammich91"]If MGS4 was on the 360 it would seriously have to be gimped. Not only that, but all the Macs and ipods would have to go. It would be a HUGE financial risk putting it on the 360 with practically no MGS fanbase.clubsammich91

LBP is a completely different game than MGS4. Fanbases can be built, but it would take up too much of Konami's time and money. If I were them I wouldn't risk putting a best selling PS3 game(the best selling PS3 game) on a system that couldn't handle it technologically in the first place with a almost zero MGS fanbase(if there were 360 MGS fans they would have bought a PS3 to play MGS4) It would just be a stupid risk puting it on the 360 with little chance of it paying off.

I think it would work, MGS has exploded and it's worth the risk. The 360 can handle it technically as well, Kojima said it, and multiple discs is the same as mandatory installs before each acts.
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#316 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
If it went to 360, the Mac/Apple products would not be omitted. People have the common misconception that Apple and MS are arch enemies. Their relationship is bittersweet to say the absolute minimum.. I'm sure there are plenty of Mac computers at MS's studios and offices - including Major Nelson. Not to mention the fact that you can run Windows on a Mac and also can purchase Office for Mac. Now, the Playstation brand is a different subject - I can see them taking those away.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts

http://gameofhonors.blogspot.com/2009/05/koijam-productions-response-to-mgs4.html

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

http://gameofhonors.blogspot.com/2009/05/koijam-productions-response-to-mgs4.html

ReaperV7

Kojima Productions "unfortunately we are still not working on a 360 version of MGS4. How ever, Were revealing something"

I wonder if that something is 360 related or MGS4 content releated. I would like some trophies.

fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#319 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts

Kojima Productions "unfortunately we are still not working on a 360 version of MGS4. How ever, Were revealing something"

Sigh everyone just needs to stop it. JUST STOP IT MGS4 IS NEVER COMING TO THE 360 its been said time and time again from Kojima, from the president of konami, and everyone else that worked on the project. IT aint coming to the 360 if you want it go buy a ps3 and get the game if not than to bad.

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts

[QUOTE="ReaperV7"]

finalfantasy94

I wonder if that something is 360 related or MGS4 content releated. I would like some trophies.

Yeah very 'odd' response i guess
dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts
maybe a Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake remake ? but i think it would be a new game.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

Sigh everyone just needs to stop it. JUST STOP IT MGS4 IS NEVER COMING TO THE 360 its been said time and time again from Kojima, from the president of konami, and everyone else that worked on the project. IT aint coming to the 360 if you want it go buy a ps3 and get the game if not than to bad.

fistoflight
Yeah a free blog site is soooo much more reliable than a Twitter, they're obviously not the same :roll: ...
fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#323 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts

[QUOTE="fistoflight"]

lebanese_boy

Yeah a free blog site is soooo much more reliable than a Twitter, they're obviously not the same :roll: ...

Yeah and Kojima and Konami saying thousands of times they won't make a 360 port of MGS4 and thousands of trolls that keep saying that they will even though they are teh developers who stated it. Yep so ture that they are going to make a MGS4 for the 360 :roll: . My point still stands it aint happening so dream on.

jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
There's a new rumour that is It's gonna be on Raiden DLC for MGS4 (there was lightning in the magazine), Lightning in Japanese = Raiden
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 lebanese_boy

[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="fistoflight"]

fistoflight

Yeah and Kojima and Konami saying thousands of times they won't make a 360 port of MGS4 and thousands of trolls that keep saying that they will even though they are teh developers who stated it. Yep so ture that they are going to make a MGS4 for the 360 :roll: . My point still stands it aint happening so dream on.

Well you (as much as I) know nothing about Konami's real plans so do us all a favor and make no claim appear as facts.

Kojima is a well-respected video game designer and is pretty much the head of Kojima Productions, but not of KONAMI! Konami happens to own the Metal Gear license and whoever owns such a thing has the liberty to do what he/she please with it.

Therefore Konami could port MGS4 to the 360 without Kojima's consent. I've heard many fanboys claiming that Konami can't afford to do this because they could lose Kojima. Well I believe this is absurd, if Kojima value's his job on this then let him scram :|.

Kojima said that as far as he's concerned; there's no port. That's not a problem, he can work on something else and konami could just assign a different team for the port.

The only quote (there's not a thousand) that you'll find of Konami stating that there were no plans for a port THEN is of January 2008. Their position could have most likely changed since then without us knowing. Also it's not like Konami is in it to keep their word to the fans, they want profit just as any other company.

My point being: there's no reason for them not to make a port and the smartest decision they could make at the moment is in fact a port of this game. Not only because of the tough economic times but also because of the company's recent news of lower profits.

For the record:

- I think a port of MGS4 is possible and if it would happen then it will be revealed this year. If it's not revealed this year (possibly E3) then there's no port in plans and I completely abondon this idea.

- I think the MGS series will definitely go multiplat from now on.

- I'm not a fanboy and MGS4 is my favourite game this gen :D.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#326 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

All these MGS4 rumors from blogs give me a headache.

I just want a final confirmation to end this debate.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

All these MGS4 rumors from blogs give me a headache.

I just want a final confirmation to end this debate.

SpinoRaptor24

Even if both konami and kojima say "its never coming" people will still say its coming and rumores will start again. It wont end till this gen is over.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#329 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
maybe a Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake remake ? but i think it would be a new game.dantesergei
i would def buy that, i loved MGS2 more than any other
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#330 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

http://n4g.com/gaming/News-329352.aspx

don't know how credible this source is...but here it is...no mgs 4 coming to 360....

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 lebanese_boy

http://n4g.com/gaming/News-329352.aspx

don't know how credible this source is...but here it is...no mgs 4 coming to 360....

jsmoke03

They're quoting the blog, that still doesn't lead us anywhere.
[QUOTE="dantesergei"]maybe a Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake remake ? but i think it would be a new game.Dante2710

Metal Gear 2, not Metal Gear SOLID 2. He's referring to the sequel of the original Metal Gear on MSX.

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

[QUOTE="jsmoke03"] They're quoting the blog, that still doesn't lead us anywhere. [QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="dantesergei"]maybe a Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake remake ? but i think it would be a new game.lebanese_boy

Metal Gear 2, not Metal Gear SOLID 2. He's referring to the sequel of the original Metal Gear on MSX.

Thanks for the explanation "lebanese-boy" :P
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

I don't even really want a MGS4 port to the 360. Now, a remake of Snake Eater...that's a whole other story.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

fistoflight

Thing is, some people think the devs will "pull a Wada" and go back on their word.

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
doesnt matter to me if it comes out on 360 or not. i still havent finished i on ps3, got bored with it partway in.
ps360x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#336 ps360x
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

never the 360 could not handle the amot of data and stuff that goes on in the game

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#337 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

never the 360 could not handle the amot of data and stuff that goes on in the game

ps360x

Double Facepalm

Excuse me?

clubsammich91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 clubsammich91
[QUOTE="clubsammich91"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]There's tons of people who owned PS2's who'd dig a port of MGS4 not to mention the people who'd try it out anyways. It's pretty critically acclaimed after all. That's like saying a port of LBP wouldn't succeed cause there was no fanbase on the 360, fanbases can be built...Toriko42

I think it would work, MGS has exploded and it's worth the risk. The 360 can handle it technically as well, Kojima said it, and multiple discs is the same as mandatory installs before each acts.

I don't want to tell Konami how to run their business, but I just think they have more important things to do than port MGS4 to the 360 IMO.It might pay off for them but they would have to advertise the hell out of MGS4.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

ps360x
"data" and "stuff"....brilliant.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#340 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
[QUOTE="ps360x"]

Verge_6
"data" and "stuff"....brilliant.

he makes a great point.. :P
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

We'll be seeing this rumor again at TGS.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

I don't even really want a MGS4 port to the 360. Now, a remake of Snake Eater...that's a whole other story.

Verge_6
Same here...i dream about that every night.
beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts
Honestly, I would rather have 3D remakes of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 than a 360 port of MGS4.
ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#344 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

AAllxxjjnn

What's wrong with the PS2 version? I could understand wanting an MGS1 remake as it is outdated in almost every way. But MGS3 is still great in its current form.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="Verge_6"]

ultima-flare

What's wrong with the PS2 version? I could understand wanting an MGS1 remake as it is outdated in almost every way. But MGS3 is still great in its current form.

It doesn't control that well.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#346 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17466 Posts
My Grandma spent the night at Kojima's house and she said he was working on MGS4 for 360 :lol: And my grandma NEVER lies to me :P
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 Toriko42
One more day and we'll find out what the announcement is Of course we won't know really until the end of E3
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#348 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

I really don't care. I'm still the biggest cow ever but I don't give a damn about mgs anymore. MGS4 was disappointing in so many levels.

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

AAllxxjjnn

It would be totally worth it if the levels were redesigned to something closer to the original concept and first trailers.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#350 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

AAllxxjjnn

I would kill for a remake of Snake Eater.