Official Metal Gear Rising (X360) Thread - KEEP IT HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#201 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I think it is this tornado game.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#202 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

[QUOTE="killerfist"] Yeah, I saw that. Too obvious I think. musicalmac

If you check the source of his other game official websites you will notice Metal Gear is not listed at all. So who knows!

At the same time, you have to imagine there has to be some reason they're there. Otherwise Kojima is not only crying wolf, but laughing about it, as well. Taunting your very loyal fanbase is not exactly a good idea.

Good point.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Animal-Mother

Is it me or is his teaser site the most zen thing ever?

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

I think it is this tornado game.

Animal-Mother

thats what it looks like to me

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#205 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

[QUOTE="killerfist"] Yeah, I saw that. Too obvious I think. musicalmac

If you check the source of his other game official websites you will notice Metal Gear is not listed at all. So who knows!

At the same time, you have to imagine there has to be some reason they're there. Otherwise Kojima is not only crying wolf, but laughing about it, as well. Taunting your very loyal fanbase is not exactly a good idea.

lol, we all know that Kojima is a troll.
Entei_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Entei_7
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-SF-Console-Game-Examiner~y2009m5d14-Kojima-Productions-next-game-to-be-another-Metal-Gear

Ok so now we know its a mg game

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Animal-Mother

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-SF-Console-Game-Examiner~y2009m5d14-Kojima-Productions-next-game-to-be-another-Metal-Gear

Ok so now we know its a mg game

Entei_7
Ya but thats keywords im sure if you type in metal gear kojima productions come up
Entei_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Entei_7

I sense Did You Rike it

Entei_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Entei_7

yh truu...

KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts

Watch, it's really an advertisment for Kojima himself. Declaring himself the God of Developers. It wouldn't surprise me. The ego on this guy is legendary. Look everyone it's Kojima in the clouds. You can't see it? Squint really hard and turn off the lights....keep squinting....ok just close your eyes and envision it. There!

I am marveling at the rabbid drooling everyone is placing on this type of advertising which I think is getting extremely old. All the major dev shops are doing it these days and it's cliche and lame.

But here I am typing on the topic...which proves that it works....ugh.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

Watch, it's really an advertisment for Kojima himself. Declaring himself the God of Developers. It wouldn't surprise me. The ego on this guy is legendary. Look everyone it's Kojima in the clouds. You can't see it? Squint really hard and turn off the lights....keep squinting....ok just close your eyes and envision it. There!

I am marveling at the rabbid drooling everyone is placing on this type of advertising which I think is getting extremely old. All the major dev shops are doing it these days and it's cliche and lame.

But here I am typing on the topic...which proves that it works....ugh.

KingTuttle
:lol: oh man!
sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 sireclaborn
Member since 2008 • 1305 Posts

[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]And the Sony/Blu-Ray/Apple references could easily be taken out. comeonthehoops

Yeah, because you've been a dev for quite a while now and know how these things work. :roll:

So you don't think Konami could easily chop/change a few cut-scenes, re-record some audio and replace a few models? :?

why kill a perfect game.. all of that hacking and chopping out scenes would kill mgs4. plus with everyone in a financial trouble konami would be stupid to put money into reworking a 10 game. if it does go multi im glad i got the superior version on the ps3.
sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 sireclaborn

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

I thought it would be MGS5 but I guess not. So this "Tornado Outbreak" must be next weeks announcement and MGS5 & MGS4/360 are being saved for E3.

Floppy_Jim

Why are you so sure MGS4 is coming to the 360?

Plenty of reasons really. With the economy Konami will want as much money as possible, it's not published by Sony and I'm sure Microsoft would love another PS franchise on their console (Moreso than new games and IP's sadly). And the Sony/Blu-Ray/Apple references could easily be taken out. I also think MGS5 will be announced as exclusive to the PS3 though (timed, anyway) at E3.

ok...i said this before if konami really wanted to make money then the game would of been mutl from the beginning. second. its not free to port games. talking out all of the sony and apple products would be a lot of work and money. it not just a walk in the park...people. plus getting the game down to size would be additional time and money. you can 't just compress everything and call it a game. flop in the making..... third.... when has a port every made enough money and sales to cover redevelopment costs. i mean a port that sold half as much as the original that came out a year or 2 ago... with konami economic problems wouldn't it be safe to not put it on another system when . its already made plenty of money on the ps3?

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#214 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts

the teaser site is up: http://konami.jp/kojima_pro/next

CHECK THE SOURCE code for the answer on what the next game might be!

Avatar image for deactivated-59da85d821feb
deactivated-59da85d821feb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 deactivated-59da85d821feb
Member since 2006 • 2075 Posts
[QUOTE="comeonthehoops"]

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]Yeah, because you've been a dev for quite a while now and know how these things work. :roll:sireclaborn

So you don't think Konami could easily chop/change a few cut-scenes, re-record some audio and replace a few models? :?

why kill a perfect game.. all of that hacking and chopping out scenes would kill mgs4. plus with everyone in a financial trouble konami would be stupid to put money into reworking a 10 game. if it does go multi im glad i got the superior version on the ps3.

Ok so taking out a few adverts and references that have nothing to do with plot will kill the game will it? And in this financial climate, it would be perfect for konami to do. It would be cheap, and it would be guaranteed high sales. And how do you know it would be inferior on the 360? Metal Gear Online would definately be better because there wouldn't be a cumbersome registration system, and for all we know, if there was a 360 version it could get extra content. Everything in your post reeks of fail and damage control for something that probably won't even happen.
KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 KingTuttle

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]

Why are you so sure MGS4 is coming to the 360?

sireclaborn

Plenty of reasons really. With the economy Konami will want as much money as possible, it's not published by Sony and I'm sure Microsoft would love another PS franchise on their console (Moreso than new games and IP's sadly). And the Sony/Blu-Ray/Apple references could easily be taken out. I also think MGS5 will be announced as exclusive to the PS3 though (timed, anyway) at E3.

ok...i said this before if konami really wanted to make money then the game would of been mutl from the beginning. second. its not free to port games. talking out all of the sony and apple products would be a lot of work and money. it not just a walk in the park...people. plus getting the game down to size would be additional time and money. you can 't just compress everything and call it a game. flop in the making..... third.... when has a port every made enough money and sales to cover redevelopment costs. i mean a port that sold half as much as the original that came out a year or 2 ago... with konami economic problems wouldn't it be safe to not put it on another system when . its already made plenty of money on the ps3?

Why do you think a port never makes money? Did Oblivion make money on the PS3? Seriously that is ridiculous.

*EDIT* Also, what does "plenty of money" mean to a company? Plenty is never enough for a BUSINESS. They want as much as possible.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"][QUOTE="comeonthehoops"]

comeonthehoops

Ok so taking out a few adverts and references that have nothing to do with plot will kill the game will it? And in this financial climate, it would be perfect for konami to do. It would be cheap, and it would be guaranteed high sales.

You do realize that year-old ports don't tend to sell very well, right?

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 sireclaborn

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"][QUOTE="comeonthehoops"]

comeonthehoops

Ok so taking out a few adverts and references that have nothing to do with plot will kill the game will it? And in this financial climate, it would be perfect for konami to do. It would be cheap, and it would be guaranteed high sales. And how do you know it would be inferior on the 360? Metal Gear Online would definately be better because there wouldn't be a cumbersome registration system, and for all we know, if there was a 360 version it could get extra content. Everything in your post reeks of fail and damage control for something that probably won't even happen.

how do i know it will be inferior.

in kojima own words.. the ps3 is a theater and the 360 is a dvd. in other words the 360 could not handle mgs4 it in the beginning .

in this financial climate, it would be perfect for konami to do. It would be cheap, and it would be guaranteed high sales

please tell me how it would be cheap..... when companies are already in the red and not making enough profit.... plus with all the crap taking out and it being compressed it will be an inferior game. how is it a guaranteed success when the dev is saying the 360 can't handle my game and thats why i choice the ps3. it not free to port games... plus if you want to wait a year to play a 4 disk hack version of mgs4 for 60 dollars go ahead. no one else will be waiting for it. by that time the ps3/superior version will be 20.

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 sireclaborn

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"]

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

KingTuttle

Why do you think a port never makes money? Did Oblivion make money on the PS3? Seriously that is ridiculous.

*EDIT* Also, what does "plenty of money" mean to a company? Plenty is never enough for a BUSINESS. They want as much as possible.

Oblivion was muti from the beginning. plus plenty of money means making profit. what did you think it meant???
KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 KingTuttle
[QUOTE="KingTuttle"]

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"] ok...i said this before if konami really wanted to make money then the game would of been mutl from the beginning. second. its not free to port games. talking out all of the sony and apple products would be a lot of work and money. it not just a walk in the park...people. plus getting the game down to size would be additional time and money. you can 't just compress everything and call it a game. flop in the making..... third.... when has a port every made enough money and sales to cover redevelopment costs. i mean a port that sold half as much as the original that came out a year or 2 ago... with konami economic problems wouldn't it be safe to not put it on another system when . its already made plenty of money on the ps3?

sireclaborn

Oblivion was muti from the beginning. plus plenty of money means making profit. what did you think it meant???

The PS3 port was not from the "beginning". Also, so you are saying once a company makes a profit that's "plenty" as in..."Ok guys we don't need anymore." Come on man. I understand ports may not make AS MUCH sometimes but saying they never make profit to make it worth the effort is silly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 deactivated-59da85d821feb

[QUOTE="comeonthehoops"][QUOTE="sireclaborn"] why kill a perfect game.. all of that hacking and chopping out scenes would kill mgs4. plus with everyone in a financial trouble konami would be stupid to put money into reworking a 10 game. if it does go multi im glad i got the superior version on the ps3. sireclaborn

in kojima own words.. the ps3 is a theater and the 360 is a dvd. in other words the 360 could not handle mgs4 it in the beginning .

in this financial climate, it would be perfect for konami to do. It would be cheap, and it would be guaranteed high sales

please tell me how it would be cheap..... when companies are already in the red and not making enough profit.... plus with all the crap taking out and it being compressed it will be an inferior game. how is it a guaranteed success when the dev is saying the 360 can't handle my game and thats why i choice the ps3. it not free to port games... plus if you want to wait a year to play a 4 disk hack version of mgs4 for 60 dollars go ahead. no one else will be waiting for it. by that time the ps3/superior version will be 20.

Oooh Kojima said? That certainly makes it true. The truth is that Kojima has next to no experience with the 360, and is as qualified to judge it's power as you or me. What you say makes no sense. Just because companies aren't making that much money just now doesn't mean that a port job suddenly becomes more expensive. Ports cost way less than making a new game from scratch, and the 360's userbase is quite a lot larger than the PS3's. Didn't Oblivion enjoy moderate success as a port of an older game on the PS3 when it has a tiny userbase? My hypothesis is that there are a large number of people who owned a PS2 last gen and played the MGS games who now own a 360, and would like to play MGS4 but won't buy an expensive console for one game (like me). It wouldn't sell as well as on the PS3, obviously, but it would be enough to justify the port. As far as disk space goes, it will probably be on multiple DVDs. So what? If Konami were to compress the game properly, I bet it would only take 2 DVDs.
Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#222 Generalmojo
Member since 2008 • 3670 Posts

Kojima should remake Metal Gear 1 and 2 with full blown next gen 3d grapchis omfg!!!!!!!!

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

So, has anyone discovered Snake/a 360 controller/a Wiimote/Tupac in the teaser site yet?

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 sireclaborn

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"]

[QUOTE="comeonthehoops"] Ok so taking out a few adverts and references that have nothing to do with plot will kill the game will it? And in this financial climate, it would be perfect for konami to do. It would be cheap, and it would be guaranteed high sales. And how do you know it would be inferior on the 360? Metal Gear Online would definately be better because there wouldn't be a cumbersome registration system, and for all we know, if there was a 360 version it could get extra content. Everything in your post reeks of fail and damage control for something that probably won't even happen.comeonthehoops

Oooh The truth is that Kojima has next to no experience with the 360, and is as qualified to judge it's power as you or me. What you say makes no sense. Just because companies aren't making that much money just now doesn't mean that a port job suddenly becomes more expensive. Ports cost way less than making a new game from scratch, and the 360's userbase is quite a lot larger than the PS3's. Didn't Oblivion enjoy moderate success as a port of an older game on the PS3 when it has a tiny userbase? My hypothesis is that there are a large number of people who owned a PS2 last gen and played the MGS games who now own a 360, and would like to play MGS4 but won't buy an expensive console for one game (like me). It wouldn't sell as well as on the PS3, obviously, but it would be enough to justify the port. As far as disk space goes, it will probably be on multiple DVDs. So what? If Konami were to compress the game properly, I bet it would only take 2 DVDs.

Kojima said? That certainly makes it true.

are you serious???? do even know who kojima is. this isn't some hack dev who works at ea. it common sense to seee that the 360 and the ps3 are not on the same level. and since kojima has worked on games for 20 + years i think he knows what he is talking about.

your not thinking like a business your thinking like a fanboy....i pretty sure that those who really wanted to play mgs4 used common sense and bought a ps3... for those that didn't there quite stupid. so far mgs4 going to the 360 is nothing but a rumor and it always has been a rumor. it actually sad that there are some lems who still want ps3 scraps. if it does go the 360 i'll just laugh because it proves how lackluster the 360 really is.

also if this was a normal port then yes it would be cheaper. but as you stated earlier.... the sony and the apple products need to replaced or taken out plus audio needs to be reworked, compressed etc. your reworking the entire game. thats means it going to cost money

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
I'm pretty sure i see snake hiding in the grass on the teaser site. Right hand corner. He's there i know it.
sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 sireclaborn

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"][QUOTE="KingTuttle"] Why do you think a port never makes money? Did Oblivion make money on the PS3? Seriously that is ridiculous.

KingTuttle

The PS3 port was not from the "beginning". Also, so you are saying once a company makes a profit that's "plenty" as in..."Ok guys we don't need anymore." Come on man. I understand ports may not make AS MUCH sometimes but saying they never make profit to make it worth the effort is silly.

alright your not getting . scenario lets say konami drops 20m on a port of mgs4. it takes a year to port.... now 20 m is just to port the game not dev expenses marketing, etc. mgs4 gets released. it no where near the level of the ps3 version which came out two years ago. the few lems who actually wanted the game aren't interested in it anymore. the game get a 6.5 average on game sites the game is a flop. kojima says i told you so...... konami only makes 5 million. they lost money and now are in the hole. they couldn't even cover dev cost. which means they have not profited. in order to profit you need to make more money than your original costs. if i buy something for a dollar and sell it to you for $2. i have profited. if i sell it for 50 cents i lost money and have not profited.

Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Generalmojo

I'm pretty sure i see snake hiding in the grass on the teaser site. Right hand corner. He's there i know it.AAllxxjjnn
lol you never know what Kojima could pull out. :D

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]I'm pretty sure i see snake hiding in the grass on the teaser site. Right hand corner. He's there i know it.Generalmojo

lol you never know what Kojima could pull out. :D

Snake appears on the page when it is subjected to an ALS.:P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 deactivated-59da85d821feb

[QUOTE="comeonthehoops"][QUOTE="sireclaborn"]

sireclaborn

Oooh The truth is that Kojima has next to no experience with the 360, and is as qualified to judge it's power as you or me. What you say makes no sense. Just because companies aren't making that much money just now doesn't mean that a port job suddenly becomes more expensive. Ports cost way less than making a new game from scratch, and the 360's userbase is quite a lot larger than the PS3's. Didn't Oblivion enjoy moderate success as a port of an older game on the PS3 when it has a tiny userbase? My hypothesis is that there are a large number of people who owned a PS2 last gen and played the MGS games who now own a 360, and would like to play MGS4 but won't buy an expensive console for one game (like me). It wouldn't sell as well as on the PS3, obviously, but it would be enough to justify the port. As far as disk space goes, it will probably be on multiple DVDs. So what? If Konami were to compress the game properly, I bet it would only take 2 DVDs.

are you serious???? do even know who kojima is. this isn't some hack dev who works at ea. it common sense to seee that the 360 and the ps3 are not on the same level. and since kojima has worked on games for 20 + years i think he knows what he is talking about.

your not thinking like a business your thinking like a fanboy....i pretty sure that those who really wanted to play mgs4 used common sense and bought a ps3... for those that didn't there quite stupid. so far mgs4 going to the 360 is nothing but a rumor and it always has been a rumor. it actually sad that there are some lems who still want ps3 scraps. if it does go the 360 i'll just laugh because it proves how lackluster the 360 really is.

also if this was a normal port then yes it would be cheaper. but as you stated earlier.... the sony and the apple products need to replaced or taken out plus audio needs to be reworked, compressed etc. your reworking the entire game. thats means it going to cost money

I see the inner fanboy has taken over you like a parasite, forcing you to block out all reason and common sense :|

Of course I know who Kojima is. I've probably been gaming for longer than you. Judging from your poor grasp of the English language you must be about 12.

Kojima knows nothing of the 360. What gives him the right to comment on it's power? He may be very experienced and well versed in gaming as an industry, but that doesn't mean he knows anything about the capabilities of the 360.

I've played all the main MGS games but 4, but I certainly don't care enough about it to buy an expensive console for the one game on it I actually care about. I never said it was more than a rumour. In fact, I even acknowledged that I don't think it will happen.

And it's hardly a PS3 scrap... It's the consoles best game. You're just trying to downplay the significance of the possibility of it going multiplat to ease your insecurites. If I went by your logic, since the PS3 is getting a port of Ninja Gaiden 2, it must also have a poor library of games :roll:
The 360 still has the best overally library this gen. Aside from the PC, it has the most A+ games here at GS - If the 360 has a poor library what does that have to say for the PS3's library?

And it still wouldn't cost nearly as much as it did to make it for the PS3.

Next time you reply, please try harder with your argument ;)

KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 KingTuttle

[QUOTE="KingTuttle"][QUOTE="sireclaborn"] Oblivion was muti from the beginning. plus plenty of money means making profit. what did you think it meant???sireclaborn

alright your not getting . scenario lets say konami drops 20m on a port of mgs4. it takes a year to port.... now 20 m is just to port the game not dev expenses marketing, etc. mgs4 gets released. it no where near the level of the ps3 version which came out two years ago. the few lems who actually wanted the game aren't interested in it anymore. the game get a 6.5 average on game sites the game is a flop. kojima says i told you so...... konami only makes 5 million. they lost money and now are in the hole. they couldn't even cover dev cost. which means they have not profited. in order to profit you need to make more money than your original costs. if i buy something for a dollar and sell it to you for $2. i have profited. if i sell it for 50 cents i lost money and have not profited.

Ok...I understand the concept of profitability. You don't understand that ports have profited in the past. BTW- for the record I don't see MGS4 coming to 360...I just don't agree with your sentiments on ports and profit.
clubsammich91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 clubsammich91
Member since 2009 • 2229 Posts

[QUOTE="KingTuttle"][QUOTE="sireclaborn"] Oblivion was muti from the beginning. plus plenty of money means making profit. what did you think it meant???sireclaborn

Exactly. Putting MGS4 on the 360 would just be bad business on Konami's part. Ask yourself this: Do you really think 360 owners would buy a 1-2 year old game that mainly has a Playstation fan base?
Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Generalmojo

"I am the lightning" - Raiden

storm clouds?

omg Metal Gear Raiden?

set between mgs2 and mgs4 how Raiden get back sonny from Patriots and how he becomes cyborg ninja

KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 KingTuttle
[QUOTE="sireclaborn"]

[QUOTE="KingTuttle"] The PS3 port was not from the "beginning". Also, so you are saying once a company makes a profit that's "plenty" as in..."Ok guys we don't need anymore." Come on man. I understand ports may not make AS MUCH sometimes but saying they never make profit to make it worth the effort is silly.clubsammich91

Exactly. Putting MGS4 on the 360 would just be bad business on Konami's part. Ask yourself this: Do you really think 360 owners would buy a 1-2 year old game that mainly has a Playstation fan base?

If Halo 3 was 3rd party...would it be popular and potentially profitable on PS3?
roddollente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 roddollente
Member since 2008 • 1543 Posts

if you all went to the teaser site,,,...you can press ctrl+u

and the keywords are Hideo Kojima, MGS,METAL GEAR, NEXT, game, konami, kojima game, KJP, Kojima Production. argue about it now lol.

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 sireclaborn

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"]

[QUOTE="comeonthehoops"] Oooh The truth is that Kojima has next to no experience with the 360, and is as qualified to judge it's power as you or me. What you say makes no sense. Just because companies aren't making that much money just now doesn't mean that a port job suddenly becomes more expensive. Ports cost way less than making a new game from scratch, and the 360's userbase is quite a lot larger than the PS3's. Didn't Oblivion enjoy moderate success as a port of an older game on the PS3 when it has a tiny userbase? My hypothesis is that there are a large number of people who owned a PS2 last gen and played the MGS games who now own a 360, and would like to play MGS4 but won't buy an expensive console for one game (like me). It wouldn't sell as well as on the PS3, obviously, but it would be enough to justify the port. As far as disk space goes, it will probably be on multiple DVDs. So what? If Konami were to compress the game properly, I bet it would only take 2 DVDs.comeonthehoops

I see the inner fanboy has taken over you like a parasite, forcing you to block out all reason and common sense :|

Of course I know who Kojima is. I've probably been gaming for longer than you. Judging from your poor grasp of the English language you must be about 12.

Kojima knows nothing of the 360. What gives him the right to comment on it's power? He may be very experienced and well versed in gaming as an industry, but that doesn't mean he knows anything about the capabilities of the 360.

I've played all the main MGS games but 4, but I certainly don't care enough about it to buy an expensive console for the one game on it I actually care about. I never said it was more than a rumour. In fact, I even acknowledged that I don't think it will happen.

And it's hardly a PS3 scrap... It's the consoles best game. You're just trying to downplay the significance of the possibility of it going multiplat to ease your insecurites. If I went by your logic, since the PS3 is getting a port of Ninja Gaiden 2, it must also have a poor library of games :roll:
The 360 still has the best overally library this gen. Aside from the PC, it has the most A+ games here at GS - If the 360 has a poor library what does that have to say for the PS3's library?

forcing you to block out all reason and common sense

you have not stated anything that's on the same level as common sense.

and it's hardly a PS3 scrap... It's the consoles best game. You're just trying to downplay the significance of the possibility of it going multiplat to ease your insecurites

are you serious?? yeah im going to throw my ps3 out the window and buy a 360..... than i'll wait a whole year to play mgs4. i know mgs4 is one of the best ps3 games i have it but it still ps3 scraps. read my sig to get a full understanding of what i mean. yeah we all heard it before. the . has the most aa and crap.... that was 2 years ago dude,,, what about know..... but your boring me....

clubsammich91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 clubsammich91

[QUOTE="clubsammich91"][QUOTE="sireclaborn"] alright your not getting . scenario lets say konami drops 20m on a port of mgs4. it takes a year to port.... now 20 m is just to port the game not dev expenses marketing, etc. mgs4 gets released. it no where near the level of the ps3 version which came out two years ago. the few lems who actually wanted the game aren't interested in it anymore. the game get a 6.5 average on game sites the game is a flop. kojima says i told you so...... konami only makes 5 million. they lost money and now are in the hole. they couldn't even cover dev cost. which means they have not profited. in order to profit you need to make more money than your original costs. if i buy something for a dollar and sell it to you for $2. i have profited. if i sell it for 50 cents i lost money and have not profited.

KingTuttle

If Halo 3 was 3rd party...would it be popular and potentially profitable on PS3?

Would it? If it were released 2-3 years later do you think PS3 owners would even care? MS wouldn't let that game slip away just like Sony with MGS4. All the more reason neither of them would appear on each others consoles.

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 sireclaborn

[QUOTE="clubsammich91"][QUOTE="sireclaborn"] alright your not getting . scenario lets say konami drops 20m on a port of mgs4. it takes a year to port.... now 20 m is just to port the game not dev expenses marketing, etc. mgs4 gets released. it no where near the level of the ps3 version which came out two years ago. the few lems who actually wanted the game aren't interested in it anymore. the game get a 6.5 average on game sites the game is a flop. kojima says i told you so...... konami only makes 5 million. they lost money and now are in the hole. they couldn't even cover dev cost. which means they have not profited. in order to profit you need to make more money than your original costs. if i buy something for a dollar and sell it to you for $2. i have profited. if i sell it for 50 cents i lost money and have not profited.

KingTuttle

no... the game has already came out and sold plenty of copies. it really would be a waste of money to port halo 3 to the ps3 when everyone bought halo for the 360 was 6-8 months ago. when companies start acting greedy and milk the hell out of their games you end with a crappy game with no profit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 deactivated-59da85d821feb

[QUOTE="comeonthehoops"]

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"]

sireclaborn

forcing you to block out all reason and common sense

you have not stated anything that's on the same level as common sense.

and it's hardly a PS3 scrap... It's the consoles best game. You're just trying to downplay the significance of the possibility of it going multiplat to ease your insecurites

are you serious?? yeah im going to throw my ps3 out the window and buy a 360..... than i'll wait a whole year to play mgs4. i know mgs4 is one of the best ps3 games i have it but it still ps3 scraps. read my sig to get a full understanding of what i mean. yeah we all heard it before. the . has the most aa and crap.... that was 2 years ago dude,,, what about know..... but your boring me....

Trust me, you are in no position to judge common sense.

And yes I am serious. But not once did I say it would affect PS3 owners in such a way that it would make their consoles useless. Your reading comprehension is failing you.

The 360 still has the most A+ games :| Whichever console has the best line-up is purely opinion, but around here GS is the only credible place to base the quality of games on.

And your sig is just a load of fanboy drivel. You don't actually believe that do you? There is a reason nobody else will post that in their sig you know :roll:

And at least I can be constructive with my arguments. You just spout fanboy nonsense. With every post you make, you just embarras yourself further.

KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 KingTuttle

[QUOTE="KingTuttle"][QUOTE="clubsammich91"] Exactly. Putting MGS4 on the 360 would just be bad business on Konami's part. Ask yourself this: Do you really think 360 owners would buy a 1-2 year old game that mainly has a Playstation fan base?clubsammich91

Would it? If it were released 2-3 years later do you think PS3 owners would even care? MS wouldn't let that game slip away just like Sony with MGS4. All the more reason neither of them would appear on each others consoles.

I used a hypothetical scenario (and clearly stated IF it was 3rd Party). Just like the hypothetical numbers that sireclaborn used in his dev cost of an MGS4 port to 360.
KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 KingTuttle

[QUOTE="KingTuttle"][QUOTE="clubsammich91"] Exactly. Putting MGS4 on the 360 would just be bad business on Konami's part. Ask yourself this: Do you really think 360 owners would buy a 1-2 year old game that mainly has a Playstation fan base?sireclaborn

no... the game has already came out and sold plenty of copies. it really would be a waste of money to port halo 3 to the ps3 when everyone bought halo for the 360 was 6-8 months ago. when companies start acting greedy and milk the hell out of their games you end with a crappy game with no profit.

So every PS3 owner owns a 360 and has Halo3? MGS4 could be profitable on the 360. I have to agree with comeonthehoops....your retorts do seem to be overly blinded by your love of the PS3. But who cares really...this ridiculous cryptic advertisment hype train by Konami is so played out now...
Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

Kojima should remake Metal Gear 1 and 2 with full blown next gen 3d grapchis omfg!!!!!!!!

Generalmojo
wickid awesome kz stats you got there made me jealous
clubsammich91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 clubsammich91
[QUOTE="clubsammich91"]

[QUOTE="KingTuttle"] If Halo 3 was 3rd party...would it be popular and potentially profitable on PS3? KingTuttle

I used a hypothetical scenario (and clearly stated IF it was 3rd Party). Just like the hypothetical numbers that sireclaborn used in his dev cost of an MGS4 port to 360.

Ok. Hypothetically if Halo 3 was 3'rd party when it came out I and many other PS3 owners would have probably bought it. The same might of gone for MGS4 had it been multiplat from the beginning. However if Halo 3 came out on the PS3 lets say late 09 It would sell, just not a whole lot. Remember Bioshock, how it came out on the PS3 a year later? I did not see one tv ad for the game and I think it sold rather badly compared to the 360/PC versions. Who knows, if MGS4 did come out on the 360 it might sell really well. But it most likely won't.
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

MGF: Metal Gear Fox. Follow Frank Jaeger from MG-MGS.

hyperboy152000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 hyperboy152000
Member since 2003 • 4815 Posts

i can see the single player being ported but i very much doubt MGO ould make it onto XBL if konami wants complete control over the online portion then it just will not come to XBL at all

Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Generalmojo

[QUOTE="Generalmojo"]

Englandfc1966

wickid awesome kz stats you got there made me jealous

thnx :)

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
what the hell does that pic have to do with MGS4 and the ps3 and/or 360?
Mongo-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Mongo-Boss
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts

Raiden was born during a storm so Ninja Raiden is my guess.

KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 KingTuttle
what the hell does that pic have to do with MGS4 and the ps3 and/or 360?JPOBS
Nothing at all. This whole thing is ridiculous. Perfect for SW. :)
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
[QUOTE="JPOBS"]what the hell does that pic have to do with MGS4 and the ps3 and/or 360?KingTuttle
Nothing at all. This whole thing is ridiculous. Perfect for SW. :)

......oh
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts

i can see the single player being ported but i very much doubt MGO ould make it onto XBL if konami wants complete control over the online portion then it just will not come to XBL at all

hyperboy152000
i dont even think that ps3 owners care about mgo, this is the first time ive heard someone mention it on here in like 2 months.