NPD November 2013: PS4 Tops Hardware and Software Charts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

No one is crying and I'm not a lem. lol!! Facts are facts idiot. Both Sony & Microsoft said they were holding back units for Black Friday. Do some research before you act like a bias trolling cow with no intelligence. Oh wait.... lol!!

And water is not wet right.?

@kuu2 said:

So in other words outside of the original allotment Sony will not be able to produce a lot of these units by the end of the year.

MSoft's One will sell more in 2013 in NA than the Sony WobbleS4. You can bank on it.

Dude the ship almost half of what the xbox one sold after the first million units.

They shipped 400K after launch day,that 1.4 millions in 15 days dude 1.4 million,that without counting 700k they shipped to UK on the 29 of November.

So basically sony shipped in November 2.1 million units,what in hell make you think that they can't produce more units just as fast they they produce 2.1 million.

Hell MS is screwed either way,first because they showed that they can't produce units as fast as sony is,and 2 because demand for the xbox one is not as high either.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Tighaman said:

if sony didn't sell no more than 1.2 mil they already lost the US 909,000 + Christmas for the x1 is game over in the US The way the shipments have been going I don't see Sony doing any more than that and that's the only reason shipping.

WTF?

It's official, lems have lost it.

1.4 million >>> 909,000 any how you spin it guys. Cry moar.

neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By neo418
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts

@I_can_haz: Some lems believe xbone would have been better before the policy reversal.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 tormentos

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

well it seems most who where caught into Sony hype already got their PS4s.

(and some are already bored of PS4 already, since this forum is filled with them.)

PS: also PS4 launched first - Xbox One sold more per day - and PS4 was priced cheaper.

That is a joke and moot point.

The PS4 sold 1 million in 24 hours,if you actually spread 1 million between 9 days the PS4 actually sold faster than the xbox one did,sony's over all number is been drag down by spreading the 1.4 million between 15 days,but fact is most of those days the market was without PS4 to sell.

The PS4 sold 1 million in 24 hours,MS sold 909k in 9 days that should tell you right there the whole story,oh and the xbox one was actually easier to find in shelves than the PS4,even that they had half million less units to sell.

@kuu2 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Nike_Air said:

This source is dishing out numbers -

https://twitter.com/GameXplain

We got those numbers already from the Nintendo PR lol

The question is why isn't Sony revealing their numbers? Are they going to pull a collective number again?

Sony can join,PS2,PS3,PS4 and PS Vita for all we care,NPD already confirmed the PS4 owned all...The rest is irrelevant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#255 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Mandatory TLHBO and the WiiU is dead

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#256 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

The Vita is dead and Sony is in serious trouble with having a fight on its hands with The One.

The Vita will be sacked by the end of next year so the PlayStation brand can continue.

500,000 more units sold.

Sweet.....

No actual proof of that whatsoever......

Call me when Sony actually says something of worth.

Remember when the NPD actually meant something. Stop fighting and just accept it. You're crying a bit too much./

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@Tighaman said:

if sony didn't sell no more than 1.2 mil they already lost the US 909,000 + Christmas for the x1 is game over in the US The way the shipments have been going I don't see Sony doing any more than that and that's the only reason shipping.

WTF?

It's official, lems have lost it.

1.4 million >>> 909,000 any how you spin it guys. Cry moar.

Yeah, the PS4 sold more because it had an extra week to sell. Are you so stupid that you don't get that? serious question.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#258 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I am looking very forward to a generation where Lems are saying:

"NPD /= the world"

Dis gun' b gud!

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Animal-Mother

@Shewgenja said:

"NPD /= the world"

Dis gun' b gud!

Please if this were the other way around lems would be crying ownage. Give me a break FFS. Most people on this board are so delusional it's not even funny.

Bunch of hypocrites they are.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#260 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@Gue1 said:

Major Nelson says one thing: http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/xbox-one-november-npd-announcement/

Retailers say another: http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2013/12/12/best-buy-pr-weve-sold-many-ps4s-xbox-ones/

LMAO

Major Nelson has never been an accurate source of information. I remember when he announced that the new Metal Gear Solid Game was an Xboxone exclusive during this year's E3.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#261  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44577 Posts

why does the PS4 have a astrik for estimate number?

DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#262 DJChuy
Member since 2010 • 1851 Posts

Call of Duty Ghosts sales % in order (taken from Gaf)

360 - 55.45%

PS3 - 30.42%

PS4 - 7.39%

XB1 - 6.42%

Wii U - 0.33%

Less than 1% for Wii U....wow. Goodbye Activision support.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#263  Edited By _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts

SDC
TLHBO

Remember those nail in the Sony coffin threads lems? lol.

This is pure ownage from Sony, no way to spin it.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@Shewgenja said:

"NPD /= the world"

Dis gun' b gud!

Please if this were the other way around lems would be crying ownage. Give me a break FFS. Most people on this board are so delusional it's not even funny.

No sh!t this is Gamespot System Wars, delusions comes with the package.

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts

@shawn30:

He does get it but he refuses to acknowledge it. Understandably they want to have fun while they can.

No telling whether or not that NPD-ps4-sales-lead window will remain open indefinetly or slowly close in the next few months.

It honestly could go either way. Interesting gen incoming.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Animal-Mother

@babycakin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Shewgenja said:

"NPD /= the world"

Dis gun' b gud!

No sh!t this is Gamespot System Wars, delusions comes with the package.

I guess I shouldn't expect more. Right?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Shewgenja

Looks like a trend is emerging. He who has the superior multiplats wins the console wars.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 tormentos

@xhawk27 said:

Did the Cows care if they came in last place in NPD sales reports last gen? No they only cared about their games. The Lems are doing the same with the great current and future line-up of games on the Xbox One. So enjoy playing Sales. lol

The lems only enjoyed sales last gen,now they have nothing to enjoy since the xbox one exclusives were all beat by a damn Indie game score wise,and the PS4 walked all over the xbox one in sales in US...hahaha

Imagine how sad it most be in EU..

@kuu2 said:

It does matter because I believe that Sony can't match MSoft from a production perspective. I think Sony really underestimated their sales and I think it will hurt them this year with The One taking the sales crown in NA and maybe even the world. Their million on launch day will tell the supply story if they actually release the numbers.

This is a sales thread yet there are those defending companies not releasing their sales figures. How quaint.

This is pull from deep deep down your buns..hahaha

Sony shipped 1.4 million units in 15 days to NA,1 million of those on the first 24 hours,+ they shipped 700K to EU in the end of November as well for a total of 2.1 million units in 15 days,it took MS 3 more days and they deliver 100k less than sony did in its first 15 days,so sony by day 18 probably sold 2.3 million if not more.

@shawn30 said:

Excellent on both launches. That extra week helped Sony eek out a win, but MS moving 100k systems a day is f'ing massive. Gonna be a fun gen... unless you're the Wii-u, lol

Divide 1 million between 9 days and tell me again who is selling faster,the xbox one appear to sell faster because the PS4 sales are been spread across 15 days,the PS4 day 1 sales >>>>>>> xbox one 9 days 909K units..

@navyguy21 said:

Wasnt PS4 out an extra week?

24 hours PS4 1 million sales >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> xbox one 9 days 909k sales,why people ignore that is beyond logic,the PS4 was 1 week early,but regardless day 1 sales of the PS4 out did 9 days of sales on the xbox one by 100k.

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

NPD is for North America. Xbone ain't so shit hot.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

@I_can_haz: dude that guess of 1.4 mil came out of dude ass lol I don't think they shipped 400,000 more to the NA right before the UK launch they been having shipping problems

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Lem desperation continuation.

You would think they had enough time to prepare for this inevitability.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Tighaman said:

@I_can_haz: dude that guess of 1.4 mil came out of dude ass lol I don't think they shipped 400,000 more to the NA right before the UK launch they been having shipping problems

1.4 million is the NPD official number. Are you an idiot or you just can't read? Are you trying to say YOU are a better source than NPD?

LOL....lems

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By Shewgenja

XBone, Go home!

Oh, looks like PS4 is sleeping with your wife.. Nevermind.

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts

Tormentos

As I said congrats to the ps4. And that's interesting spin you put out there but again....

If you go by the law of mathematics and averages the XOne would've outsold the ps4 with 1.8 mil if they had the extra week.

Also so the ps4 sold 1 mil in in 24 hours? AWESOME. So are you telling me the Ps4 only sold 400k over the next 13 days? CRINGE-WORTHY.

thegamer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 thegamer00
Member since 2013 • 153 Posts

November NPD

Xbox One 909K

PS4 1023K

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

@tacoma1972 said:

NPD is for North America.

The sales figures are for the United States only.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Shewgenja

I guess we now know the real reason why Kinect comes mandatory with the Xbone. It's so that MS can watch the world jump into bed with Sony.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By tormentos

@kuu2 said:

@remaGloohcSdlO said:

It's just nice to see console gaming still thriving after all these years. Congrats to both Sony and MS. Poor Nintendo needs a reboot.

How many WobbleS4s did Sony sell in November?

No estimates accurate numbers.

They could have stop at 1 million in just 24 for all i care,the fact is 1 million in 24 hours >>>>>>>> 909k in 9 days,it took the xbox one 9 times more time to sell 100k less than what the PS4 sold in a day...

@kuu2 said:

No, unfortunately that number is a dream not anything based in reality.

If that is what Sony sold then great but it is not their number it is your pipe dream.

@Tighaman said:

The world according to lemming..

MS can manufacture 8 million units per month.

Sony can only manufacture 10 units per month.

So winner of US even that is half a million units behind the xbox one...

Hahahahaaaaaaaa

Boy i am having a blast on this thread Kuu2 meltdown,and to think Kingtito and Stormy are missing in action,as well and Xbounity and his alter ego..hahaha

@kuu2 said:

@Gue1 said:

Major Nelson says one thing: http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/xbox-one-november-npd-announcement/

Retailers say another: http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2013/12/12/best-buy-pr-weve-sold-many-ps4s-xbox-ones/

LMAO

Keep in mind that NPD is an estimate as well. We won't know real numbers till January when financial are released.

The world according to lemmings.

Xbox one NPD numbers = true

PS4 NPD numbers = guess.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

It's still to early to tell but it looks like Microsoft lost it's edge with the American market. I think sony will lead this gen by a small amount.

It's funny because the ratio of Xbox one to ps4 ads I see on TV is like 3:1. MS is probably losing a lot of money trying to over advertise the product.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Shewgenja

Fact:

Xbone readily available on many websites

PS4 not so much.

Opinion: Since we know that PS4 continues to sell at some kind of clip due to the almost half million sales after Day 1, it is clear that they are running through stock virtually as fast as they ship it still. It would appear, early on, that PS4 is absolutely pounding the XBone.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By tormentos

@shawn30 said:

Yeah, the PS4 sold more because it had an extra week to sell. Are you so stupid that you don't get that? serious question.

You are the stupid one for holding to such pathetic excuse.,

Day 1 PS4 sales = 1 million.

Xbox one 9 days of sales = 909k even if you erase 13 days from the PS4 launch still sony outsold MS number silly.

1,000,000 in 24 hours >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 909,000 in 9 days.

For those who can't get a grasp of Math.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#282 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44577 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@Tighaman said:

1.4 million is the NPD official number. Are you an idiot or you just can't read? Are you trying to say YOU are a better source than NPD?

LOL....lems

TC has no source link, and none of the other November 2013 NPD articles I pull up mention this 1.4 million PS4s sold, I think TC took some liberties with the info

only thing I found that specifically mentioned 1.4 million PS4 sales in North America came from a Sony source, and we know Sony counts it's shipped units when they say sales, NPD uses retailer data to figure out the numbers of units that actually get sold to the customers

maybe the info has yet to be released, or maybe Sony isn't allowing the NPD to release those figures

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

This is sad. Microsoft struggling to win on home territory. I remember lemmings claiming that Microsfot will win USA

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By tormentos
@greensand24 said:

Tormentos

As I said congrats to the ps4. And that's interesting spin you put out there but again....

If you go by the law of mathematics and averages the XOne would've outsold the ps4 with 1.8 mil if they had the extra week.

Also so the ps4 sold 1 mil in in 24 hours? AWESOME. So are you telling me the Ps4 only sold 400k over the next 13 days? CRINGE-WORTHY.

First of all divide 1 million in 9 days and tell me again MS sold faster,Sony sold 1 million units 9 times faster than MS did that is a fact,is call math you know the one you call law of mathematics.

Those are the numbers spin to try to mask what can't be defended,fact is if sony would have had 3 million units it would have sold them by now,and MS doesn't have that kind of demand period,and it show it is far easier to walk into a store and get an xbox one than a PS4.

Sony not only sold 400k more in US,they also sold 700K in EU as well,remember the PS4 came out on November 29 on EU,so those shipments which sold in the first 48 hours,count as November units as well.

Sony shipped 2.1 million in 15 days MS 2.0 million in 18 days so hey who is selling faster..

2.1 million divided between 15 days = 140,000 a day.

2.0 millions divided between 18 days = 111,111 a day..

Lets do math...

140,000 multiply by 365 days = 51,100,000

111,111 multiply by 365 days = 40,555,515

Now is obvious that no console will sustain a 365 sale rate like that,but a quick example show that if it was by the first year the PS4 would be almost 11 million ahead by the end of the first year..

Math is fun.

SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By SuperCowElitist

Lemmings brag about Xbone exclusive, but I don't see any Xbone exclusive on the top 10 lol. Lemmings brag about games, but they don't support their games.

Maybe they only had 500 dollars to spent?

Maybe it was that Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3 were all mediocre rehashes?

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#286 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

Pretty sweet numbers for sony and microsoft. Will see though if sales keep trending upwards or go on the decline like wii-u. I think the sales game will be quite interesting the next 6 months for the console market.

Are people really interested in these new consoles or is this simply an early adopter frenzy?

The next couple monthly npds should be quite the read from not only an entertainment perspective but also a analytical one.

GET YOUR POPCORN READY!!

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Do people understand the PS4 came out a week ahead? How is selling over 900K in 8 days a bad thing?

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@supercowelitist said:

Lemmings brag about Xbone exclusive, but I don't see any Xbone exclusive on the top 10 lol. Lemmings brag about games, but they don't support their games.

Yes and KZ:SF was certainly not a mediocre rehash.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 tormentos

@chikenfriedrice said:

Do people understand the PS4 came out a week ahead? How is selling over 900K in 8 days a bad thing?

Don't you lemming understand that the PS4 1 day of sales surpass the xbox one 9 days of sales by 100K without counting the whole week head start.?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#290 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@supercowelitist said:

I don't see any PS4 exclusives in the Top 10 either. Or any exclusives from any platform, for that matter.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#291 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

PS4 have dominate..........because is the best.

SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By SuperCowElitist

@charizard1605 said:

@supercowelitist said:

I don't see any PS4 exclusives in the Top 10 either. Or any exclusives from any platform, for that matter.

KZ:SF and KNack are flops. Us cows don't buy flops. Not even triple A title Forza 5 reach the top ten; the only current next gen racer on the market, it has no competition, and it couldn't reach the Top 10

Lemmings brag about Forza 5, but don't support it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#293 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@supercowelitist said:

@charizard1605 said:

@supercowelitist said:

KZ:SF and KNack are flops. Us cows don't buy flops. Not even triple A title Forza 5 reach the top title; the only current next gen racer on the market. It has no competition, but it couldn't reach the Top 10

Lemmings brag about games, but don't buy them.

Sounds like cows (last gen) and sheep (this gen), then.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Shewgenja

@chikenfriedrice said:

PS4 outsold, by 100k I might add, the entire month's XBone sales in only 24 hours.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

So the 1 year head start for 360 over ps3 was a bad excuse for 360 outselling ps3 but the 1 week head start for ps4 over one is a good excuse lol lems logic never fails to amaze.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#296 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

PS4 outsold, by 100k I might add, the entire month's XBone sales in only 24 hours.

And then could only manage 400k in the next 14 days? Including black friday? Pretty lame.

On a side note. The Sony number is apparently an estimate? And the Xbox One number is or isnt for the US only instead of NA as a whole? I'm too lazy right now to research that myself

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By Shewgenja

@YD_11 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

And then could only manage 400k in the next 14 days? Including black friday? Pretty lame.

On a side note. The Sony number is apparently an estimate? And the Xbox One number is or isnt for the US only instead of NA as a whole? I'm too lazy right now to research that myself

Might want to watch it with the big talk there. If the XBone actually sold 660k its first day like several sources were saying, then it bombed way harder on residual sales than the PS4 did.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#298 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

PS4 is either 1180k? or 1200k+

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts
Loading Video...

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

So the PS4 sold more in one day than the xboxone did in 9. Damn

Sony and microsoft really need to put more consoles out there.

Good for AMD too