No Microsoft Press Coference At Leipzig.

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rmerri52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 rmerri52
Member since 2007 • 1824 Posts

http://kotaku.com/5036415/no-leipzig-press-conference-from-microsoft

Just found that sorry if it is old. Thought it was interesting so i figured id post here.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
This means MS turned it's back on core gamers, right? If they arent showing the hardcore games on stage it must be true.
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

Its a shame. Could have hyped up their autumn/fall releases some more.

diped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 diped
Member since 2008 • 2005 Posts
colour me dissapointed.

At least I'll get to see more of Banjo Nuts and Bolts from the Rare booth.

I was hoping for that bungie game announcement though, when is X08? :( Oh yeah, its never. :(
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts
I wonder what this means for Bungie. Hopefully we at least get some news on the next title...
rmerri52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rmerri52
Member since 2007 • 1824 Posts

http://kotaku.com/5028948/dont-expect-bungies-announcement-at-pax

I also found that which states bungie will not make an announcement at PAX.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts

This means MS turned it's back on core gamers, right? If they arent showing the hardcore games on stage it must be true.DaBrainz

naw it just means they ran out of games to show :P

hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]This means MS turned it's back on core gamers, right? If they arent showing the hardcore games on stage it must be true.ReaperV7

naw it just means they ran out of games to show :P

yeah..:roll:
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I've noticed that MS doesn't shoot too far into the future. They've already shown everything up to like Q2 2009 and their end of 2008 line up is very strong in exclusives and multiplats and its not like there are people who don't know this.

They could pull the lid off of something coming out in late 2009, but then when they show updates in 09 people will be like, "I saw this a year ago... MS has no games coming out this year."

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
They must be saving the big guns for TGS or X08 :P
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
Hm..maybe they're fixed on X08 then. I want to hear more about the bungie game so badly though. :(
sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts
When is it?
AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts
That bites. Oh well, I hope they show some good stuff at X08(whenever it is) or TGS
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
they could have made some bungie announcements and hype some fall titles for 360, but whatever. Hopefully, they do something big at TGS.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

I've noticed that MS doesn't shoot too far into the future. They've already shown everything up to like Q2 2009 and their end of 2008 line up is very strong in exclusives and multiplats and its not like there are people who don't know this.

They could pull the lid off of something coming out in late 2009, but then when they show updates in 09 people will be like, "I saw this a year ago... MS has no games coming out this year."

Senor_Kami

Not true, Bioshock, ME, Halo, Fable, Alan Wake, all game shown WAAAY before the release date. Honestly I just think its them really running out of games. I mean even in E3 they just showed us all the games we already saw and knew about, tacked on a few multiplats and bragged about sharing a once thought PS3 exclusive and people cheered a success.

I think having a small 1st party studio and depending on buying 3rd party timed exclusives might be a good reason why there is little new to show.

hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hopesfall2own
[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]

Javy03

Not true, Bioshock, ME, Halo, Fable, Alan Wake, all game shown WAAAY before the release date. Honestly I just think its them really running out of games. I mean even in E3 they just showed us all the games we already saw and knew about, tacked on a few multiplats and bragged about sharing a once thought PS3 exclusive and people cheered a success.

I think having a small 1st party studio and depending on buying 3rd party timed exclusives might be a good reason why there is little new to show.

they could show mass effect 2, bioshock 2, bungie's new thing, plenty of stuff to show if they wanted. They aren't lacking, and nor do they need to make 2 year promises.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]

hopesfall2own

they could show mass effect 2, bioshock 2, bungie's new thing, plenty of stuff to show if they wanted. They aren't lacking, and nor do they need to make 2 year promises.

Teh Denial lol.

Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts
WOW, I really don't know what to say about this other than if I was a 360 owner, I would be pretty mad about it.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hopesfall2own
[QUOTE="hopesfall2own"][QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]

Eddie-Vedder

Teh Denial lol.

How do you figure? You deny the existence of those games? Don't think i'm the one denial..and at least bioshock/me2 are 09 titles..
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hopesfall2own
WOW, I really don't know what to say about this other than if I was a 360 owner, I would be pretty mad about it.Bubblehash
there's like a press conference show every month, you need to hear the same BS time after time to feel good about your console? I'd rather them skip one or two and keep the news fresh then rehash everything and keep spitting out CGI trailers and promises.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Looks like Sony will be the winner by default at Leipzeg, Can't wait to see those 15 announcemnets :D
AlphaGamer469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AlphaGamer469
Member since 2008 • 1881 Posts

Looks like Sony will be the winner by default at Leipzeg, Can't wait to see those 15 announcemnets :DSwift_Boss_A

See above reponse, it describes Sony...

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="hopesfall2own"][QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]

hopesfall2own

Teh Denial lol.

How do you figure? You deny the existence of those games? Don't think i'm the one denial..and at least bioshock/me2 are 09 titles..

I just don't think they have enough to show off, otherwise they'd be there.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
its clear MS is running out of games and stuff
redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 redstormrisen
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

I wonder what this means for Bungie. Hopefully we at least get some news on the next title...Aaron89

There is going to be "something" at PAX.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
360 is running out of games.
Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

its clear MS is running out of games and stuffmingo123

Or maybe its because e3 was not that long ago and we don't need to hear and see the same stuff again! Plus if ms is running out of stuff nintendo must have given in cos they are not there.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="mingo123"]its clear MS is running out of games and stuffDuckyindiana

Or maybe its because e3 was not that long ago and we don't need to hear and see the same stuff again! Plus if ms is running out of stuff nintendo must have given in cos they are not there.

Funny thing is at E3 you could already tell they didn't really have anything new all they got was a multiplatform game.

Miss_Wacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Miss_Wacy
Member since 2007 • 1911 Posts

They must be saving the big guns for TGS or X08 :P-DrRobotnik-

yup exactly wat i think

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts
[QUOTE="Duckyindiana"]

[QUOTE="mingo123"]its clear MS is running out of games and stuffEddie-Vedder

Funny thing is at E3 you could already tell they didn't really have anything new all they got was a multiplatform game.

Yes ms have nothing! There are masses of games still to come and its silly to say they are running out.

Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts
[QUOTE="Bubblehash"]WOW, I really don't know what to say about this other than if I was a 360 owner, I would be pretty mad about it.hopesfall2own
there's like a press conference show every month, you need to hear the same BS time after time to feel good about your console? I'd rather them skip one or two and keep the news fresh then rehash everything and keep spitting out CGI trailers and promises.

To each their own. I stand by what I said.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]Looks like Sony will be the winner by default at Leipzeg, Can't wait to see those 15 announcemnets :DAlphaGamer469

See above reponse, it describes Sony...

umm Sony do plan on showing new stuff at Leipzeg, for one thing Heavy Rain is confirmed to be showcased and that game was shown behind cloed doors at E3, the crowed were amazed from what I've heard so expect the game to be huge at Leipzeg

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="Duckyindiana"]

[QUOTE="mingo123"]its clear MS is running out of games and stuffDuckyindiana

Yes ms have nothing! There are masses of games still to come and its silly to say they are running out.

Ofc they have games, they probably just don't have enough to show to warrant a conference, sony has tons of first and second party dev's, if anyone truly thinks that MS will be able to compete in quantity with Sony their delusional, and yes quality is what matters.

TheRealMC01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheRealMC01
Member since 2007 • 995 Posts
They already had a conference at GDC and E3, so i'm not too dissappointed. As long as they have a presence and we hear some kind of 360 related news i'll be happy.
ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ChrnoTrigger
Member since 2008 • 2155 Posts
So no bungie announcements?

Sigh..
ps3weee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ps3weee
Member since 2006 • 1165 Posts
[QUOTE="Duckyindiana"]

[QUOTE="mingo123"]its clear MS is running out of games and stuffEddie-Vedder

Taking one of ps3s best titles was more then a 30 sec CGI and the announcmeant of Massive action game , How silly is it that this was what the cows were most happy aboute? Fable 2 and Geow 2 alone owned the whole Sony show , and dont come with that LBP game, I mean sure its a good game for kids but to only think that some 19-30 year olds are acctualy going to sit and play with some cute dolls all day and create levels makes me laugh.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Ofc they have games, they probably just don't have enough to show to warrant a conference, sony has tons of first and second party dev's, if anyone truly thinks that MS will be able to compete in quantity with Sony their delusional, and yes quality is what matters.Eddie-Vedder

No one is delusional, that's all opinion, bud. I own PS3 and 360, but I'm more excited for the 360 releases. Do you have both consoles? If you don't, then I understand the fanboyish statements.

mercclass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 mercclass
Member since 2002 • 576 Posts

I thought MS said it was serious about winning Europe??

Looks like they blew their wad at E3 and are going to try and gear back up for TGS.

I bet Sony makes the Home open Beta announcement at Leipzig.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]Ofc they have games, they probably just don't have enough to show to warrant a conference, sony has tons of first and second party dev's, if anyone truly thinks that MS will be able to compete in quantity with Sony their delusional, and yes quality is what matters.BioShockOwnz

No one is delusional, that's all opinion, bud. I own PS3 and 360, but I'm more excited for the 360 releases. Do you have both consoles? If you don't, then I understand the fanboyish statements.

Fanboyism? Your denying Sony is working on more games then MS is? I said quality was what matters but everyone knows Sony has a lot more projects under their belt then MS does.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]This means MS turned it's back on core gamers, right? If they arent showing the hardcore games on stage it must be true.farrell2k

Either tha or it's a sign that Microsoft has nothing worth showing, or they are getting ready to leave the gaming market, or whatever silly "insert cow nonsense here" statement fits.

Because only cows say that right?

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sargentbotk

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]Ofc they have games, they probably just don't have enough to show to warrant a conference, sony has tons of first and second party dev's, if anyone truly thinks that MS will be able to compete in quantity with Sony their delusional, and yes quality is what matters.BioShockOwnz

Same here bioshock. I'm more excited to here what MS has in store. Them not having a conference at E3 makes me assume that they are preparing for TGS and X08. X08 is more of a dedicated event for the Bungie announcement than Leipzig, and I just can't wait anymore. Microsoft gained the torture habits of Bungie and are doing quite well at it as well. I can't wait though.

But yes, these fanboyish statements about MS running out of games is pretty sad. These statements surface every year, and when the following year arrives, MS shuts them up completely.

whodey8584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 whodey8584
Member since 2008 • 245 Posts
They probably ran out of ideas to steal from other companies
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Javy03
[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]

hopesfall2own

You greatly assume that those games are in any condition to be shown infront of the media to bash every unrefined little detail. MS makes promises just like all systems. Its called advertising and building hype for your product. They did it with Too Human and those games I listed as well. Dont fool yourself into thinking they are above it, they arent.

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sargentbotk

They probably ran out of ideas to steal from other companieswhodey8584

What ideas did MS ever steal from other companies?

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

[QUOTE="whodey8584"]They probably ran out of ideas to steal from other companiessargentbotk

What ideas did MS ever steal from other companies?

The Avatars are yelling so loud I just had to mention them.

WillieBeamish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WillieBeamish
Member since 2008 • 1289 Posts
[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]

Javy03

The only game they showed 'WAAAY' before release was Alan Wake, and that was shown before the 360 launched and they haven't shown it again since. For the past two E3's Microsoft has only shown what will be available within the next 12 months or so. Unlike Killzone 2, MGS4, FF13 etc. where Sony showed them three years in a row. Lets not get into who keeps showing CGI trailers of games year after year, shall we?

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Javy03
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]Ofc they have games, they probably just don't have enough to show to warrant a conference, sony has tons of first and second party dev's, if anyone truly thinks that MS will be able to compete in quantity with Sony their delusional, and yes quality is what matters.sargentbotk

Same here bioshock. I'm more excited to here what MS has in store. Them not having a conference at E3 makes me assume that they are preparing for TGS and X08. X08 is more of a dedicated event for the Bungie announcement than Leipzig, and I just can't wait anymore. Microsoft gained the torture habits of Bungie and are doing quite well at it as well. I can't wait though.

But yes, these fanboyish statements about MS running out of games is pretty sad. These statements surface every year, and when the following year arrives, MS shuts them up completely.

This years E3 comes to mind and I dont recall seeing many new games at all. In fact I noticed alot of multiplatform games filling in alot of spaces as well. I am glad you are more excited about the 360s offerings, to each his own but I MS has a much smaller 1st party developer and its strategy of buying franchises might be taking its toll.

Obviously they have more games coming up, I just dont think enough to make it feel new as oppossed to a cut and paste from E3.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Javy03

The only game they showed 'WAAAY' before release was Alan Wake, and that was shown before the 360 launched and they haven't shown it again since. For the past two E3's Microsoft has only shown what will be available within the next 12 months or so. Unlike Killzone 2, MGS4, FF13 etc. where Sony showed them three years in a row. Lets not get into who keeps showing CGI trailers of games year after year, shall we?

WillieBeamish

Too Human was shown in 2005

Fable 2 was announced in 2006

Alan Wake you already know

Mass Effect shown in X05

Halo 3 was announced in 2006 and it was CGI as well

Like I said stop pretending MS is different, SW has fooled you. MS has shown CGI trailers and games way before their release date.